Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview (8615 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / 6 Simple Tips For A Great Job Interview / Simple Tips To Create A Perfect Cover Letter Template For Your Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by H100: 6:30am On Jul 30, 2019
- Onegoodhead.com

Now, Before listing the and farther discussing the 10 basic essentials of a telephonic or a phone job interview, Like onegoodhead does, We all already know that phone interviews are a lot tough to face and crack. All you got is your voice and words, most of the phone interviews last to about 30-45 minutes where mostly you would be speaking to the interviewer.

Be online/available at least 10 minutes prior to the call. have fun, don’t be timid. It shows off during interview. Visualize that you are actually speaking in the eye of the interviewer… have conversations. joke around but to the extent. Feel the air, Make sure your phone battery is considerably charged to take you through the session of the interview.

1. Get dressed as if going to an in-person Interview. Why? It creates professional attitude and mindset.
2. Don’t slouch on the couch. Chair and table/desk or stand and pace. Standing promotes voice projection.
3. Quiet room; no interruptions.
4. Wear earphones or pods to eliminate background noise.
5. Silence all other notifications on your phone and laptop (if open).
6. Laptop, pen and paper, and a copy of your CV/Resume. (See how to ready your CV on onegoodhead.com)
Have written prompts ready, especially for the questions that you wish to ask.
8. Answer the phone correctly. eg. “Good morning/afternoon. This is FULL NAME speaking.”
9. If it’s a phone panel interview, you need to attach voice to name very quickly. Write the names down and use them when you address each interviewer.(Ask competency based questions and make the interviewee relax please)
10. Thank the interviewer(s) for their time at the end of the call. Send a follow-up “Thank you” email with 6-8 hours or a day following the interview. (That’s when you come to know the real attitude & response of the recruiter or HR.)

Hiring managers do look out for Leaders who can go above and beyond, just like when you buy any service you would try to get the best your budget permits.

All other interview protocol and prep as stated below applies

Read more: https://onegoodhead.com/tips-successfully-phone-job-interviews/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by samba03: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2019
H
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by raphealolami(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Nice is Ice! Thumbs up
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Nice..very helpful.
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by ffo(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2019
Let me give you a secret when having a phone interview:
Have a good I mean very good and fast internet connectivity on your laptop, so that you can quickly google any answer or response you don’t know.

Thank me later

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by 300Mila: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2019
Excellent writeup
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by AjayOfficial(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2019
Very insightful...thumbs up OP
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:37am On Jul 30, 2019
Sai Baba next level.
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by JIDECAC: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2019
I like this. Thumb up
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by naijadrivablog: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2019
Those years we where job hunting sha. Memories. I did have some interviews over the phone and Skype.
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by Factgist: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2019
10 Facts About The Richest American Ever Who Surprisingly Paid Tithes
https:///2019/01/10-facts-about-the-richest-american-ever-who-surprisingly-paid-tithes.html

10 Unbelievable Crimes Of The Real James Bond
https:///2019/01/10-unbelievable-crimes-of-the-real-james-bond.html

Top 10 Things You Should Never Sacrifice For A Relationship
https:///2019/05/top-10-things-you-should-never-sacrifice-for-a-relationship.html

Top 5 Optical Illusions That Proves You Should Never Trust Your Eyes
https:///2019/05/top-5-optical-illusions-that-proves-you-should-never-trust-your-eyes.html

Top 10 Stubborn People From History Who Just Refused To Die
https:///2019/05/top-10-stubborn-people-from-history-who-just-refused-to-die.html

Top 10 Facts About Pilgrim’s Progress- The Second Most Influential Christian Book After The Bible
https:///2019/07/top-10-facts-about-pilgrims-progress.html

10 Things That Are Unexpectedly Dirtier Than Your Toilet
https:///2019/01/10-things-that-are-unexpectedly-dirtier-than-your-toilet.html
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by namiji2598: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2019
In my country, I mean where I am typing this from, it's very hard to even get the chance for doing a phone interview, even if u are in Lagos and the company is in Jos,they will ask u to come and if u try to say distance they will say they have many people looking for the job and u are not serious.. unless if ur father is the owner of the organisation
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by ejemamaka: 11:49am On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by emerged01(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
I went for a test in a foreign embassy. A week after the test,I was down financially,to the extent that I was managing my data so that I can at least check my mail. On the day my data expired,around 1:30pm, I just finished eating and I went to the kitchen to wash my hands. By the time,I got back I discovered I had a missed call. It was kind of office number. I quickly borrowed phone to check mails. To my surprise,congratulation mail had already been sent to my email a day before the call,titled " phone interview". I didn't know about it,I didn't know what I step I should take.
I was angry with myself. I had to call the number back,it was picked by a very nice man. He helped me talk to the HR department so that they will call me back. He advised me to be prepared. After like that 30mins,the same number called back. This time I was hearing a white woman voice which wasn't that clear.
She said "Mr so so... Congratulation! This is the next phase of..... I said "ok ma". The next thing she said was,"I will read a paragraph of a comprehension to you,with options of answer. My skipped because I wasn't expecting this kind of interview.... That was my experience with phone interview.
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by dljbd1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Thanks for the tips.
I wish I saw this before my last Skype interview last Wednesday.
Anyways, I've been contacted for a second interview scheduled for tomorrow morning. With God and in combo with these tips I hope to bambozzzzzu them. wink
Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by slimmax: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
With this kind bad network for naija, na so one recruiter call me na hello hello we take end the interview,

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by Ajibade123(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
see 9 interview preparation tips that will surely get you the job https://explicitsuccess.com/interview-preparation-tips/
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by rinzaugustine: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
H100:
- Onegoodhead.com

Now, Before listing the and farther discussing the 10 basic essentials of a telephonic or a phone job interview, Like onegoodhead does, We all already know that phone interviews are a lot tough to face and crack. All you got is your voice and words, most of the phone interviews last to about 30-45 minutes where mostly you would be speaking to the interviewer.

Be online/available at least 10 minutes prior to the call. have fun, don’t be timid. It shows off during interview. Visualize that you are actually speaking in the eye of the interviewer… have conversations. joke around but to the extent. Feel the air, Make sure your phone battery is considerably charged to take you through the session of the interview.

1. Get dressed as if going to an in-person Interview. Why? It creates professional attitude and mindset.
2. Don’t slouch on the couch. Chair and table/desk or stand and pace. Standing promotes voice projection.
3. Quiet room; no interruptions.
4. Wear earphones or pods to eliminate background noise.
5. Silence all other notifications on your phone and laptop (if open).
6. Laptop, pen and paper, and a copy of your CV/Resume. (See how to ready your CV on onegoodhead.com)
Have written prompts ready, especially for the questions that you wish to ask.
8. Answer the phone correctly. eg. “Good morning/afternoon. This is FULL NAME speaking.”
9. If it’s a phone panel interview, you need to attach voice to name very quickly. Write the names down and use them when you address each interviewer.(Ask competency based questions and make the interviewee relax please)
10. Thank the interviewer(s) for their time at the end of the call. Send a follow-up “Thank you” email with 6-8 hours or a day following the interview. (That’s when you come to know the real attitude & response of the recruiter or HR.)

Hiring managers do look out for Leaders who can go above and beyond, just like when you buy any service you would try to get the best your budget permits.

All other interview protocol and prep as stated below applies

Read more: Great article https://onegoodhead.com/tips-successfully-phone-job-interviews/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by naijajobx: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
Oh
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by bluesaint(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
Stop copying other people's post without giving them credit for their work. Its stealing, and it makes you a thief.

These tips were researched by somebody's company painstakingly, and the information posted freely on LinkedIn, but you will copy and paste here, without giving them credit for their work.

I know its a helpful material worth sharing, same with others you have shared in the past which you stole from her, but give her credit.

STOP STEALING KRISTY BONNER'S POST from LinkedIn and posting here without giving her credit, even though she's on another continent. Let others know your source.

Just an advice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by H100: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2019
bluesaint:
Stop copying other people's post without giving them credit for their work. Its stealing, and it makes you a thief.

These tips were researched by somebody's company painstakingly, and the information posted freely on LinkedIn, but you will copy and paste here, without giving them credit for their work.

I know its a helpful material worth sharing, same with others you have shared in the past which you stole from her, but give her credit.

STOP STEALING KRISTY BONNER'S POST from LinkedIn and posting here without giving her credit, even though she's on another continent. Let others know your source.

Just an advice.

I would have appreciated your advice if you read the complete post and still have this to say. the blog post has due credit to whatever work copied and that is the essence of referencing.

hope you now have a job?
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by bluesaint(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2019
H100:

I would have appreciated your advice if you read the complete post and still have this to say. the blog post has due credit to whatever work copied and that is the essence of referencing.

hope you now have a job?

You're free to humor yourself.
Re: Top 10 Simple Tips On Successfully Having A Phone Interview by H100: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2019
No qualms except you want it.
Do not criticize things you have shallow insight on.
Even Bonner has the blog post link and appreciates

bluesaint:

You're free to humor yourself.

(1) (Reply)

How True: Women In Oil Corporation / Npower Recruitment 2020/2021, Starting Date And Latest Npower News Update / 5 Things You Should Remove From Your resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.