Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. (31377 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Having Serious Issues In The University / Obidients Mocking Tinubu's Lawyers As Too Dull / Student Beats Teacher To Death For Flogging His Younger Sister In Delta (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Meagainstenemy: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
futurist369:
if you try to change the behavior without dealing with the underlying cause,you wont suceed.......it might be your sister might have linked massive pain to studying in her nervous system,or it could be a belief problem........listen to me very carefully bro,people are not their behavior...what am i trying to say?this means the behavior your sister is exhibiting,is due to some underlying causes which even she might not be aware of...............if she isnt willing to change,then you cant do anything to help i'm sorry.............until she links pain to her current behavior,she wont change.......anyway ftc

Are you a student of Anthony Robbins?
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 01, 2019
Meagainstenemy:

Are you a student of Anthony Robbins?
yes
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Meagainstenemy: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2019
futurist369:
yes

Alright bro, that man has made a huge impact in my life, i would love to meet him one day.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Meagainstenemy:

Alright bro, that man has made a huge impact in my life, i would love to meet him one day.
me too
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Godmademan(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2019
folake4u:
This thread is an eye opener. I read all the comments from the first to the last and I smiled knowingly.

Real life problems#. We learn everyday.
...Family First;others can wait.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by folake4u(f): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Godmademan:
...Family First;others can wait.
You're right smiley. Happy new month dear.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Godmademan(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
folake4u:

You're right smiley. Happy new month dear.
Happy new month. Happy New Semester.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by folake4u(f): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2019
Godmademan:
Happy new month. Happy New Semester.

Heard they postponed it till upper Monday.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by Lizzyjok: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
petux:
I had to bring this here maybe I could get some helpful advice here as I am really clueless about what to do about her.

My younger sister is too dull. She is not smart and brilliant at all. She doesn't love studying at all. She is doing so poor in school due to her lackadaisical attitude towards studying. I have tried to talk her and advice her into studying, but she will just looking through it as if she doesn't know what she is reading and all.

During the time she was doing WAEC and NECO, you won't even know she was writting exam. My mum bought textbooks for her but she will end up misplacing them since she won't read them. What she enjoy doing most is just to eat,sleep and all these children story books. She is now fat like Bleep.

I always try to make her study or sometime even force her but there is little I can do for her as I can't put all the book in her head and I am not even always around because I'm in school.

I helped her check her waec result yesterday, and what I saw made me sad. She failed 6 subjects and passed only 3 subjects which she even had only C5 and C6.

I don't know what do to about her because I am tired. I don't want her to gain admission into the university with this kind of spirit because it's not going to help her at all. What can I do for her? How can I help her become more serious and become a better girl. She is 17.

Useful Advices will be highly appreciated.
Mods, please do the needful.

Thanks
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

You are a kind person.

I have learn alot

Thank you Sir
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Daxbiz:

You made sense, but......

WAEC is the minimum standard!!!!!!!

Yes and there are many ways to achieve that
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mexyz:
After a very hectic day in the Office coupled with this terrible traffic am in, reading your reply to Op brought a huge smile to my face.
May the good Lord bless you beyond human understanding for this piece.
Henceforth, just know you have someone on Nairaland following you bumper to bumper.
Thanks for all your daily prayers.
#fromaBigFan#

Thank you Sir
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ucheosefoh:

You just describe me with your two stories.
I lost interest in studying while in junior secondary school, I will read all the newspapers, news magazines like Time, Newswatch but I will never spend ten minutes reading my textbooks.
I struggled academically till higher institution and have dropped out of school two times to finally pursue my dream.
My parents till date has refused to understand.
I have interest in ICT,
I can read all the business news,
Political news, Tech news but will hardly touch my text books.
When I tried to read my textbooks I do found myself losing interest as soon as I started reading.
I braved the odd when my grades start suffering and decide to focus on my dream.
Today I am making money as a digital marketer even due I'm not yet where I should be but I know I will get there.
I knew school is not meant for me.

Get more and more knowledge /Skill on what interest you/passion and then convert it to money...
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
maasoap:
RiyadhGoddess :
I have a four years old daughter who might might turn out not to be really interested in studying. I'm still watching her

There's a different between not being interested in studies or just naturally slow in comprehending/understanding what is being taught in school. Which of it ma? There's solution for both mentioned. She's still young and it can be corrected. You can chat me up on WhatsApp let's talk about it. I will share with you how a girl of 5 years old was solved and now she doesn't joke with school. Always wanting to go to school and coming top in school etc.
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
KingGBsky:

Your write up is great and eloquent. Nice advice not only for the OP but for the general folks out there. We all have to discover our inner self worth and pursue that dream. That’s what builds a great nation.

True Sir
Re: My Younger Sister Is Too Dull. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2019
egojeny1:

Wow! I'm inspired by this write up

Thank God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ssce Result Expired After 5 Years / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.