Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares (660 Views)

Please Look At What GTB Is Doing.(pics Inside) / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / Innoson Speaks On How GTB Is Owing Him 8 Billion And Refused To Pay (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares by tk4rd: 6:40am On Jul 31, 2019
The latest trick now coming from the GTBank is that they are opening GTB accounts for people unawares.
It happened to me, and I am not happy...
Take my case for instance, I didn't fill any GTB form whether at office or at home or anywhere, I have never dialled their *739# or whatever code which they shared on hand-fans to people, I didn't even collect the hand-fan immediately I noticed it belonged to GTB.
I have never been to any of the GTB branches for anything for more than three years now, not even to pay into another person's account, nor even to use their ATM., yet GTBank went ahead and created an account for me, and sent the account number to my phone, and requested that I supply my BVN to them.
I got alerted in my sixth-sense, that some scammers have remembered my phone number and wanted to scam me in the guise of GTB.. I laughed it off.
But on a second thought, I started wondering if the account number was scam, or whether it was actually real.
I decided to transfer money into it using my bank's mobile app, so as to see the name that will come out on it.
Lo and behold, it was my name there on the account.. And it means that GTB already has my name and some other information about me in their database, even when I have practically nothing to do with them.
That means, for real,, GTBank actually opened the account for me. But how did they get my name.?
I am really wondering how information about me got to them in the first place.
In fact, who are the people that breached their privacy policy and shared information about me, including my phone number to GTB?? How many other firms and groups and individuals (whether good or bad) had these same people shared information about me to apart from GTB?
My fellow Nairalanders, believe me, I feel so unsecured and electronically raped right now at this very moment.
As it is now,, Whichever firm is it that sold (or shared, or gifted) information about unsuspecting innocent citizens of this country to GTB (and to any other unknown firms yet), had committed a grave atrocity by going against the privacy of their clients/customers.
Funny enough, it wasn't only me they opened such accounts for. They did it to so many people, and a greater percentage of them had been ranting on their social media handles and timelines. Other people kept mute and ignored it altogether, thinking that it is nothing.
But to me, it is a big “Something”. I see something very huge and very very bad about it.
This just means that, very soon all the other banks and Insurance Firms and many other firms we know nothing about, both in Nigeria and beyond, would also get information about unsuspecting citizens from whichever sources that had decided not to protect the privacy of their trusted customers and clients, and then open unsolicited accounts in their names and forward the new account details to their phones, and start expecting them to come and be using the new accounts just like that.
That is not just Fair.
Something needs to be done about this, and it must be done quickly.
Re: GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares by newmanadrian(m): 6:58am On Jul 31, 2019
Initially I thought it was a mistake. Thanks for confirming it oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares by sparkle7: 7:21am On Jul 31, 2019
What?
Re: GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares by Explorers(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2019
This wrong, how did they get your info in the first place?

Tk4rd can you modify the first post and attach/upload screenshots of the sms sent to you and the account page on your mobile?
Re: GTB Is Now Opening Unsolicited Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares by Mynd44: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2019

(1)

The Life And Times Of The Woman On The Fifty Naira Note / A Hero Turned Villain: History Of Mr Allen Onyema’s Wealth, Is He A Criminal? / Silos Factory For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.