Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (123577 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Debsify: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

You are on track for an early finish

If I were you
I'll try BA3 next

That's free
And a boost too
BA3 test is free?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
Debsify:
BA3 test is free?

Naa

For chartered accountants

It's the easiest

Both me and Subalinga are chartered
So he knows

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

Naa

For chartered accountants

It's the easiest

Both me and Subalinga are chartered
So he knows

she is a "she" by the way....lol

2down...2 to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
Subalinga:

she is a "she" by the way....lol

2down...2 to go.

I just wrote one today as well

1 down, threee to go

Nice one @Subalinga

You are representing

I wrote BA2 by the way...

It's a lil more tricky than say BA1 or BA3
Cos its mgt acctin
Which you know is slightly more complex than say BA3

BA1 seems straightforward

Good work
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

1 down, threee to go

Nice one @Subalinga

You are representing

Cos its mgt acctin

Good work

Writing B2 next, i assume it will be tricky, so taking my time... zero casualties!!

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

1 down, threee to go

Nice one @Subalinga

You are representing

Cos its mgt acctin

Good work

congrats by the way. Good Job!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
Subalinga:

Writing B2 next, i assume it will be tricky, so taking my time... zero casualties!!

Take your time

Flash point's are variances, break even, standard costing and limiting factors
These are the flash points

Lest I forget @Subalinga

You also should practice your mean, median, and standard deviation
Then the first two chapters of the astranti material

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
Subalinga:

congrats by the way. Good Job!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

Take your time

Flash point's are variances, break even, standard costing and limiting factors
These are the flash points

Lest I forget @Subalinga

You also should practice your mean, median, and standard deviation
Then the first two chapters of the astranti material

noted. thanks.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
Subalinga:

noted. thanks.

Yea

I see us finishing this race in record time
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2019
@Perra
What's going on?
Hope your preparations are going okay
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2019
Akinsanyayemi2:
Hello everyone, I'll like to know if cima is recognised and lucrative in uae. Secondly, do they have exam centers in Dubai?

As for question 1 I am not sure

But the answer to your question two is YES
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2019
Nenyezz:
After the exam were you shown your score and told passed or will it be updated later

You get a print out like @Subalinga said
Your score and break down will be sent to you accordingly ( these guys are incredibly detailed) in a few days at your MYCima portal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Sashafm(f): 2:52am On Sep 05, 2019
I am writing BA3 tomorrow, has anyone written it already, any tips and special attention that should be taken. #Teamnocasualties.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2019
Sashafm:
I am writing BA3 tomorrow, has anyone written it already, any tips and special attention that should be taken. #Teamnocasualties.

Just relax, and learn the treatment of sales tax properly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Sashafm:

I wish you the very best today....

Go forth and conquer

BA3 should not be a big chalemge.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Subalinga:

Just relax, and learn the treatment of sales tax properly.

Only that?

That is interesting
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2019
DexterousOne:

Only that?

That is interesting

Yes, the only one that can surprise you.
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Subalinga:

Yes, the only one that can surprise you.

Abeg joor cheesy

Man is allowed to fail some tongue

It's to do the ones you know and know very well.

120/150 sef na pass Mark cheesy

Are you writing another paper next week?
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2019
DexterousOne:

Abeg joor cheesy

Man is allowed to fail some tongue

It's to do the ones you know and know very well.

120/150 sef na pass Mark cheesy

Are you writing another paper next week?

lol, aim for the sky, so if u fall, u go fall on top roof, not for ground.

Yes, Ba2 next, end of next week.

2 Likes

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2019
Subalinga:

lol, aim for the sky, so if u fall, u go fall on top roof, not for ground.

Yes, Ba2 next, end of next week.

Yesso
I feel you on that....

All the best next week.

Before month end, we shall all testify
And put this thing behind us

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bozz007(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Just noticed this thread yesterday. Finished my CIMA BA cert 2 weeks ago and tried to share my experience but post was deleted and I was banned....will try again tomorrow
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2019
bozz007:
Just noticed this thread yesterday. Finished my CIMA BA cert 2 weeks ago and tried to share my experience but post was deleted and I was banned....will try again tomorrow

Please come share your experience with us.

It's very much welcome

Plus your evaluation journey too when you start it
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2019
bozz007:

banned? wow. awon enemies of progress. Please share with us, we are waiting eagerly. and most especially your journey to evaluating it after, how you got your transcript and all- the easy and correct way.

We can't wait for the download.

Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2019
@LecturerIFE

Welcome sir.....

@Subalinga beaucoup de courage à toi
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 9:25am On Sep 06, 2019
DexterousOne:
@LecturerIFE

Welcome sir.....

@Subalinga beaucoup de courage à toi

merci, on bouge
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bozz007(m): 10:09am On Sep 06, 2019
VERY LONG POST ALERT!!! Just to share my experience, encourage and educate people....I finished my CIMA BAs recently (very basic accounting background).

Total time to finish all papers: Just over 3 months and below is my timeline:

BA1: May 19, 2019. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Strictly, opentuition study text and videos.
The opentuition study text I used for BA1 was very brief and quite easy to understand especially when combined with the videos. However, their practice tests didn't reflect the actual exam-type questions. So, if you are going to use it, you need to read and understand in order to apply the knowledge or better still, solve kaplan practice questions to familiarize yourself with exam questions. Passed the exam quite well.
I chose the exam center because they were the only ones open on Saturday.

BA3: June 1st.. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Astranti study text and practice tests on the astranti website (astranti dot com)
I switched to Astranti for BA3 because I didn't like the voice of the instructor in the opentuition videos (you need to watch the videos to fully grasp the study text). Astranti also provided the advantage of revision notes, which sort of summarizes the voluminous study texts. Their online practice tests were also very useful.

BA4: June 29th. Exam Center: London School of Information Technology, GRA, Ikeja
Materials used: Astranti study text and practice tests
I used only Astranti for BA4 as well. I kinda underrated this course and almost failed (scored 102, pass score is 100). It is the only course without calculations, so I read the study texts in 1 week and put in for the exam. My God!! I honestly thought I was going to fail judging by how the exam went but we thank God sha.

BA2: Aug 20th. Exam Center: 1st Intellit Solutions, CMD road, Lagos
Materials used: Kaplan study text and practice questions.
Due to work and other stuff, I had to take a break before studying for the dreaded BA2. BA2 has a bad reputation for highest failure rate so I thought lemme take my time to read it well. BAD DECISION! The break I took put me off my stride totally. The initial ginger of studying day and night vanished. Found it really hard to juggle work, personal life and studying like the previous ones and even when I found time to study, the astranti study texts were really hard to understand. I shifted the exam THREE times in July before eventually cancelling it. August was flying by too and was still struggling to understand what I was reading. Then, a colleague resigned after getting PR and CRS scores kept increasing. I immediately slapped myself back to reality and decided to take 5 days exam leave immediately after sallah break. Scheduled the exam and promised myself not to cancel/shift this time.
My CIMA group people (shoutout to them….their ginger is contagious) shared Kaplan practice questions and I decided to switch to it. I recommend Kaplan study texts EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK. Their practice questions are very close to real exam questions and the study texts are very easy to understand. I read day and night during the leave and the exam turned out to be the easiest of all the exams (had my highest score in BA2)

Study Recommendations:
Whatever study text you decide to use, please make sure you solve all the Kaplan practice questions afterwards. They are very close to real exam questions.

NEXT STEPS AFTER EXAM.
1. Logged on to WES to request for additional certificate evaluation (previously evaluated my BSc with them), paid the necessary fees (107CAD), got my WES reference number and downloaded the WES academic records form.

2. After my last exam score was uploaded, I e-mailed CIMA to request for transcript and letter of good standing and attached the WES form. I followed up with a call as well. Their default process is to send through Canada Post, which takes 6 weeks. In order to speed up the process, I told them I wanted arrange for a courier (DHL) to pick it up.

Process for DHL parcel pickup.
Step 1 - Fill in necessary details on this DHL web page.
https://book.parcel.dhl.co.uk/
Note : Collection details should be CIMA address and phone number. For Name, write Amen or Bill or Evelyn. The e-mail should be your email address. Very important to use your email address here so you can track the shipment and get the shipping label.

Step 2 : Fill in the delivery address, use the WES Canada address and make sure you include your WES reference number.

Step 3 : For the size of the parcel, choose Height 1cm, length 20 cm, width 20cm. This determines the price you will pay

Step 3 : Choose pickup date. To be on a safe side pick the next day even though you would tell CIMA to get it ready same day.

Step 4 : Make payments. Total payment should be £41.28. DHL doesn’t accept naira card (dunno about dollar). So, you need to pay with PayPal. Get in touch with someone with a PayPal account to make the payment for you or open Nigerian PayPal and use your naira card on it.

Step 5: Once your shipping label has been sent to you by DHL, forward this to CIMA via email and include the normal "you will like CIMA to prepare your transcript and letter of good standing, so that it can be sent to WES.

Step 6: Call CIMA after some 30 mins or thereabout to tell them you've sent an email concerning preparation of your transcript and state the time courier service will be picking it up. Ask if it will be ready by that time. All these is formality, it's just for them to acknowledge the email and ensure they prepare your transcript immediately.

You will get an email once your parcel is picked up by DHL and you can track the movement. Your transcript will get to WES within 3 days.

CIMA said the certificate won’t be ready until 6 weeks after and someone in the WhatsApp group said he got his ECA without sending the certificate, I’m really hoping same will be applicable to me even though I will keep calling them for it.

Unfortunately, the whatsapp group is currently filled but I think they opened a telegram group, will try to find the link.

Wish you the best.

36 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by bozz007(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2019
Please follow links below to download the materials and videos:

All study texts (Kaplan, Astranti and opentuition): drive. Google .com /drive/ folders/ 1Y7DXywxS_TURIGBNmr45C0yUz7Z-9C5m

Astranti BA1 videos: drive. google .com /drive /folders/ 1OP5ftnVlxR97NSr-sYY4uXcx3t9YLNE9

Astranti BA2 videos: drive. google. com/ open?id= 1F5fkqg6HMNiJJJMhZn50QTrk7qKvUKmb

Astranti BA3 videos: drive. google. com/ open?id= 1AmmuT51yUzYPbXkKhiBKR_PKyxahZJEy

Opentuition BA4 videos: drive. Google .com/ drive/ folders/ 1grdviQ5cWjqbG-mA6PlWystYgQFqtb48

Remove the spaces

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Subalinga: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2019
bozz007:
Please follow links below to download the materials and videos:

All study texts (Kaplan, Astranti and opentuition): drive. Google .com /drive/ folders/ 1Y7DXywxS_TURIGBNmr45C0yUz7Z-9C5m

Astranti BA1 videos: drive. google .com /drive /folders/ 1OP5ftnVlxR97NSr-sYY4uXcx3t9YLNE9

Astranti BA2 videos: drive. google. com/ open?id= 1F5fkqg6HMNiJJJMhZn50QTrk7qKvUKmb

Astranti BA3 videos: drive. google. com/ open?id= 1AmmuT51yUzYPbXkKhiBKR_PKyxahZJEy

Opentuition BA4 videos: drive. Google .com/ drive/ folders/ 1grdviQ5cWjqbG-mA6PlWystYgQFqtb48

Remove the spaces

THIS IS GREAT. MANY THANKS
Re: Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by Sashafm(f): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2019
Thanks alot @boss007.
Wrote my BA3 today. One down 3 to go. I will be writing BA1 next.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia / Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.