Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Shiites Suspend All Protests - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites Suspend All Protests (23209 Views)

Mother Of All Protests In Benin City Today. Fuel scarcity / Three (3) Things President Buhari Should Do Now To End All Protests Nationwide / Okada, Tricycles Ban: PDP Promises Mother Of All Protests In Lagos On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Drake2021: 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2019
itsdumebi:

The Islamic Movement of Nigeria a.k.a Shiites have announced the suspension of all Free El-zakzaky street protests in Abuja.This development is coming a day after the Inspector general of Police, Mohammed Adamu announced the proscription of all activities of the shiites.

Below is a statement sent to POLITICS NIGERIA by the group, signed by its media chief, Ibrahim Musa;

"The Islamic Movement in Nigeria do hereby announce to the general public and the international community that it has temporarily suspended its Free Zakzaky street protests to allow for some new openings into the resolution of the problems, especially the court case instituted by our lawyers on the proscription order made by the federal government this week."

"It has taken this step in good faith out of respect for some eminent people and groups, whose input in the resolution of the problems appears genuine and we sincerely hope an amicable way could be found to solve the crises surrounding the illegal detention of our leader for almost four years now.""If at all any protests occur anywhere in the country, it might be this notice hasn’t reach those in the field or this message is misunderstood or it is some security agents who are mischievously behind it as they have been doing in an attempt to smear our image and be seen as unruly people rather than as victims of savage oppression since 2015."

"The Islamic Movement wishes to thank both national and international civil rights activists and organizations who have been busy demanding the protection of our fundamental human rights as enshrined in the constitution."

"We also thank the press, both national and international, and the social media activists for the full coverage of our activities throughout the struggle for justice.""We are committed to exploring the new openings we have seen in resolving this protracted issue. We, therefore, reiterate our demand that our leader, his wife and several others in detention be given their freedom denied to them since 2015."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-shiites-suspend-street-protests-reasons/

IMN is suspending it's protest activities after it has successfully snuffed lives from innocent law abiding citizens. Kudos to IMN for job well done
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by ifymadu: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
Flier:
They are playing mind game because of August 5th

Please bring me up to speed, what's happening on August 5th?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Noah2gud(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2019
10 ways to true know about true love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIgaa6s9skM
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Marotzke(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
frowland:
Saudi 1 - Iran 0

This two Arab superpowers just use 9ja head dey play draft. It is well.
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Marotzke(m): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
frowland:
Saudi 1 - Iran 0

This two Arab superpowers just use 9ja head dey play draft. It is well.
That's where you got it wrong.
Iran though an Islamic country With shared bothers with Iraq, IT IS NOT AN ARAB COUNTRY.
Historically, they are Persians .
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by inspitation: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
what about the ongoing one now at utako market
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Mcreloaded(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
somez:
What people don't know Is that these Shiite guys were the same guys that protected Christians in kaduna crisis in 2013. And yet the government had the balls to label the terrorist?

May God guide us all.

Wonder who they protected the christans from
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by JikanTaalolo: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
Shi'a proscription no going back insha Allah. They are terrorists group.
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by pavoda: 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
How does a government proscribe a religious Organisation? That in itself runs contrary to the inalienable rights of every Nigerian to practice the religion of their choosing freely without persecution as enshrined in our constitution. One day we will wake up to hear that Jehova Witness has been proscribed in Nigeria.
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by nurex01(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kayus4real:
They claimed Buhari want to islamize Nigeria,
Buhari banned Shiite and declare them terrorist.They came out again claiming he is wicked to ban and declare them a terrorist group.
This confusionist are not Christians nor Southeastern
They are wailers from all part of Nigeria.
kayus4real! I sight you. Arewa brother grin
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by tomju(m): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
chibu4u2:
Long overdue.
The killing in this country is just too much!
Like nwaamaikpe said.......,?"this guys are not the bad guys"
Oh! I forgot ......FTC. Wow!!!! Wow � so this is the feelng.
How far oga seun. Make i send my a/c for the aza?. grin grin
Bank transfer or paga any one will do.
Anyway una good afternoon my people.
make una stay safe oh!
Must you remind the world that yahoo yahoo is your calling?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Galadimabawa: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
I doubt
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by mrvitalis(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kayus4real:
Buhari banned Shiite and declare them terrorist.They came out again claiming he is wicked to ban and declare them a terrorist group.
Sunni are the problem ban sunni we wont complain
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Abiboss: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
chibu4u2:
Long overdue.
The killing in this country is just too much!
Like nwaamaikpe said.......,?"this guys are not the bad guys"
Oh! I forgot ......FTC. Wow!!!! Wow � so this is the feelng.
How far oga seun. Make i send my a/c for the aza?. grin grin
Bank transfer or paga any one will do.
Anyway una good afternoon my people.
make una stay safe oh!

shey them the pay for ftc truly?

Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
[quote author=Foodforthought post=80807793]
Dealing with unarmed protesting groups by tagging them terrorists and attacking them without provocation? Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram continue to lay waste of human lives and properties across the country and he is silent. Protests are Democratic actions permissible by the constitution. But your good leader has continued to foil all channels for Nigerians to demand that their rights are respected. Minimum wage has yet to be paid yet senators and ministers are getting welcome packages worth millions.

There is a clear difference between protest & anti govt movement i.e shiites & ipob don't believe in the govt of nigeria that is no longer a protest, demand for basic citizen needs is called protest.
what most of you don't know is that govt made proscription on IMN el zakzaky fraction not on shiites, there other fractions of shiites. buh only IMN so far are prone to violent, they attack the govt. most people don't el zakzaky trouble did not start under buhari, the man lost is 3 sons under GEJ via violent ... IMN ideology are anti govt, so ?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
Flier:
I believe it’s a mind game against August 5th,expect a deadly protest if he is not released

deadly protest or not ,the casualty on the IMN side will be unbearable, the govt will alway win .... youths giving up there life for an old man in his last days is the highest form of stupidity. keep it up
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Flier: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
ericsmith:

deadly protest or not ,the casualty on the IMN side will be unbearable, the govt will alway win .... youths giving up there life for an old man in his last days is the highest form of stupidity. keep it up
Lets see if they are going to release their leader on the 5th, it seems they are negotiating his release
Forget the always win thing because I wonder why they haven’t win bokoharam
We are sending letter to another terrorist group if their leader isn’t released
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by chibu4u2(m): 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
Abiboss:

shey them the pay for ftc truly?

Pay fire. Just having fun
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by chibu4u2(m): 6:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
tomju:

Must you remind the world that yahoo yahoo is your calling?

Hope uve gotten the attention u wanted?

1 Like

Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2019
Flier:
Lets see if they are going to release their leader on the 5th, it seems they are negotiating his release
Forget the always win thing because I wonder why they haven’t win bokoharam
We are sending letter to another terrorist group if their leader isn’t released

these is not about what i think, govt will alway win or survive any threat las las. the only painful part the civilians been the victims of casualty.
they havent win boko haram becos it as a political backing inside the govt
IF these IMN people are non violent like most people argued why are you anticipating they will turn out as terrorist, its really bizzare what some of you hope & pray for just to prove a point.
You agreeing that IMN as tendencies of becoming terroist justifies govt pro activeness ,why take chances national interest should superceed all other reasoning.
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by nextstep(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Quiet before the storm.

BTW why are they rocking the flag of Palestine?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by mechanics(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
Better.
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Afamed: 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2019
lonelydora:
Even though I choose to be indifferent on this El-Zakzaky's issue but Buhari should know that there is freedom of religion
Has PMB stopped them from practicing their religion?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Mace0lane: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2019
My brother Shiite are saints no wonder Ebele Jonathan slaughtered 3 of El Zakzaky son
jlinkd78:
And u call such law abiding people terrorists
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by gidgiddy: 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
Kayus4real:

It is you that is confused. Buhari is a sunni Muslim. Sunni Muslims dont consider Shiites to be Muslims

Buhari is out to Islsmise Nigeria but he wants it done the Sunni way
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by gidgiddy: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
OALandAgents:
coolDem eyes don clear sharp sharp .

Unrest is over, time to go home and rest

Boko Haram = IMN = IPOB = Terrorists

PMB is on point.

But Buharis killer herdsmen brothers that massacre thousands of Nigerians yearly deserve to get Ruga?
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by mccoyelectric: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
Only the wise understand these move ... They can't be protesting and be armed at the same time but wen they cancel protest eyes won't be on them while they flood Nigeria with arms... We should be in fear because the Shiites are regroup on for a better protest
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by Boyooosa(m): 4:44am On Aug 01, 2019
Kayus4real:
thank you sir
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by BabylonCruise(m): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

This your thinking capacity is the reason Nigeria can never be succeed.

Suffering and smiling.
Do you really realise how senseless you sound
Re: Shiites Suspend All Protests by OALandAgents: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
You are failing to make the distinction between terrorists and herdsmen. People massacring innocent people are terrorists. The herdsmen we pass daily on our streets are simply providing an economic function going about their legitimate business
gidgiddy:

But Buharis killer herdsmen brothers that massacre thousands of Nigerians yearly deserve to get Ruga?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Won't Go To Court — Mascot Kalu, Says Aba People Have Been Cheated / Xenophobia: S/Africa Proposes Cultural Exchange Programme With Nigerian Youths / Okada Restriction In Lagos: Sanwoolu Is On The Side Of The Law And Has Done Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.