Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions (38693 Views)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Gkemz: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Time to recover what was lost

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Okoyeeboz: 9:40am On Aug 01, 2019
Ihedioha, ride on.

8 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by amiibaby(f): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by airminem(f): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2019
What would we think of a government that banned /restricted forex for milk? Would we good citizens think it over-reaching, even oppressive? Would we condemn it? Would we assume its policy-makers/CBN and many of its citizens were deeply out of touch with facts? Would we judge it as foolhardy in the extreme? Or, would we fail to notice?

#forexmilk
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Zezondo: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2019
J
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by esiri4jesu(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2019
Ibeju-Lekki property investment destination
https://choicepropertiesblog..com/?m=1
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Iamgrey5(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2019
cheesy grin
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by babakb: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Nonsense, if the University was built in Benin Republic will dey go there to convert it to Imo State University?

I am not interested in unconfirmed claim.

I believe wat i wrote is very clear.

All the Govs in the east that have been looting i.e. Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, that u lot hail hero, how many invested in Education or even invested in the East?

I know Igbo people have envy and jealousy issue but if Ihedioha plays with this education legacy that Rochas has sowed in Imo, it will back fire on him.

Take note, i did not say leave Rochas but stay clear of our education in the East.

If he like, let him Sieze Rochas house or business, capture Rochas daughters and kidnap Rochas wife, i will hail him but School, University and Education, I will start disliking him.

And I like Ihedioha.

Come out from your hole already, you are a pained APC supporter.

If the south east leaders didn't invest in education how come the SE region is leading in WAEC and JAMB.

Okorocha looted IMO dry and your APC that claim they are fighting corruption kept mute.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Ogaga87(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2019
This man better pass BUHARI

4 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by ednut1(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
Go to SW, dey have Covenant University, babcock university etc

Many Igbos studying there, nobody in SE care.

Okorocha came and opened one, as if he read my mind and Ihedioha is closing it.

Ihedioha should not make us start hating him already, it is too early for dat.

Leave that School for Okorocha, anything School leave it and passover.

In fact, in the whole east, anything School should be left alone, as long as it is properly being managed.

There is a deficit of tertiary institution in SE.
stop talking trash

7 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by jaxxy(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2019
How will this make imo state great or improve the people’s lives. This governor seems to be out for vengeance than for work to better people’s lives.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by bedfordking: 9:47am On Aug 01, 2019
so if any one steals government money and sets up a school it makes him a good person. The right thing needs to be done .

7 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Amhappy(f): 9:50am On Aug 01, 2019
Its getting more interesting
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 01, 2019
what imolites are asking for is good governance. .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by eyeview: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

In fact, in the whole east, anything School should be left alone, as long as it is properly being managed.

Those schools you mentioned were established as private universities abinitio.
Here, Rochas applied to NUC for a state university. It was approved. Funds was released approved by the state house of assembly to build the state university.
Land was taken from his ogboko people under the.law that a state project was coming up, so the former land owners never got appropriate compensation for their land lost.
And when he was done, he now sought to convert it to his private university.
It's either you are just blindly talking out of ignorance or you know the truth but choose to propagate falsehood.
Imo people are indeed glad that their assets are.being recovered

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by ruby360: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

WE NEED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST, THAT ARE ADEQUATE AND STANDARD.

I REPEAT AGAIN, WE URGENTLY NEED MORE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

OKOROCHA SHOULD NOT BE AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE NOT INVESTING IN THEIR STATE.

AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE ROCHAS, DIS IS A WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

THAT LEGACY SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF EFFCC HANDS AND ABOVE PARTY POLITICS.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

IT IS NOT EASY TO SECURE FEDERAL APPROVAL FOR ADDITIONAL UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST

ROCHAS DID AND BUILT THE EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY.

Shut up Olodo!

Did you read the article? A thief stole states resources to build his own private university. Why won't the Government collect it back from him?

Is the money his own? I don't like fools coming to Nairaland and defend impunity and stupidity.

Ihedioha is doing the right thing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Lordave: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
IS WAT AM SAYING THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

OR ARE WE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE LOOT AND TAKE AWAY, DONT INVEST IN THE STATE OR CREATE JOBS.

MY PEOPLE THINK CONSEQUENCE!

IF U MUST PURSUE ROCHAS, DO SO BUT LEAVE THE SCHOOL.

THE SCHOOLS ARE FOR NDIIGBO.
Guy shut up here, you are just sounding too foolish without control.

You didn't even read the post and you're here ranting like you have an atom of sense in you.

From what you're saying, do you know you're indirectly telling potential looters to take their loots and invest outside Nigeria?

Instead of you to applaud the governor and advise him on how to prevent potential looters whether they're investing here or not, from looting the state treasury you're here crying like one of those paid Rocha's online defenders.

Did you read where the post says that the new University will be converted to a Campus of the already existing Imo State University?

Just stop exposing yourself and Rochas here, oluku.

14 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by RealityShot: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Nonsense, if the University was built in Benin Republic will dey go there to convert it to Imo State University?

All the Govs in the east that have been looting i.e. Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, that u lot hail hero, how many invested in Education or even invested in the East?

I know Igbo people have envy and jealousy issue but if Ihedioha plays with this education legacy that Rochas has sowed in Imo, it will back fire on him.

Take note, i did not say leave Rochas but stay clear of our education in the East.

If he like, let him Sieze Rochas house or business, capture Rochas daughters and kidnap Rochas wife, i will hail him but School, University and Education, I will start disliking him.

And I like Ihedioha.
did he close the school?

Wait till his 4+4 has finished before you start crying jor!

Or are you an APCwolftain?

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by emmnprince(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2019
If I may ask, Is using state funds for personal project a crime and is utilization of public funds for personal aggrandizement permissible under the law? If YES (1st) & NO (2nd) he should be prosecuted after the taking over of the property.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by RealityShot: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

and you think cockrochas did not think exactly the way you are thinking now before he did that?

He knew people like you will defend his stealing just because of those reasons.

REMEMBER COCKROCHAS BUILT HIS WEALTH FROM FRAUD!
he is duping you right now!!!
He is not on your side at all!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:14am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

WE NEED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST, THAT ARE ADEQUATE AND STANDARD.

I REPEAT AGAIN, WE URGENTLY NEED MORE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

OKOROCHA SHOULD NOT BE AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE NOT INVESTING IN THEIR STATE.

AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE ROCHAS, DIS IS A WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

THAT LEGACY SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF EFFCC HANDS AND ABOVE PARTY POLITICS.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

IT IS NOT EASY TO SECURE FEDERAL APPROVAL FOR ADDITIONAL UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST

ROCHAS DID AND BUILT THE EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY.

you are talking nonsense! building private universities when the state university is in shambles is pure deceit! the imo state univerversity is still without a hostel till date and students are being forced to pay exorbitant amount of money for lodges. cultism is also becoming the other of the day around that school and all rochas could think off is building a private university. he should fix the state university first if he means well. imo state university is the pride of the state and not that useless palm university

3 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 01, 2019
Solsix:
Rochas could have simply open a fresh University with personal funds

He could have opened the University in south African.

Which explains why stolen funds are not reinvested in the country
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:15am On Aug 01, 2019
Great move. god bless my governor
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

And I like Ihedioha.
are you drunk? Ihedioha did not destroy the university; he simply made it a part of imo state university campus which is a very good move. it's now a state property and not private. we already have private universities in Imo state and we dont need more. the ones we already have should be made standard. you must be an anti Ihedioha if you don't appreciate his good works

4 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by owukpa(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2019
Stop writing in all caps. It means you are shouting. Get sense small.
hammerVJ:
IS WAT AM SAYING THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

OR ARE WE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE LOOT AND TAKE AWAY, DONT INVEST IN THE STATE OR CREATE JOBS.

MY PEOPLE THINK CONSEQUENCE!

IF U MUST PURSUE ROCHAS, DO SO BUT LEAVE THE SCHOOL.

THE SCHOOLS ARE FOR NDIIGBO.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by ziegurf(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

The state cannot manage that University.

State and Private University are separate standard.

That University would be managed better by Rochas Foundation.
Our Eastern leaders are the architect of the Eastern problems, I think they should encourage any good development in Igbo land like Rochas deed especially in infrastructural section and also encourage distribution or building new universities to the rural areas to encourage rural areas development

Rochas was the one that carried the vision.

Anything u people are doing leave the School and University alone.

We want our people to open more world class Higher institution.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by BrutalJab: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Ibo people with their nonsense logic as usual. . .

Shut up if you don't know what to say. OK?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2019
Solsix:
Rochas could have simply open a fresh University with personal funds
yes that would have been better. he is a criminal! how could he set up a private university with state funds while the state university is in shambles. that guy should be investigated by the EFCC

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Lordave: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Is dat y the Private University should be targeted for destruction?
If I had read this before commenting earlier, I would've stated categorically that you're a senselessly demented idiot, the highest foolish benefactor of Rochas' maladministration of the Government of Imo state in the past 8 years, a bastard and a worthless living thing just not so lucky to be on self destruct right now.

All the political ignominy Rochas sank into while been governor will be treated accordingly, not exempting you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by oluwaahmed: 10:26am On Aug 01, 2019
Okorocha is a satanic crook. Use state funds to build a standard university then claimed it meanwhile IMSU is dilapidated. These guys are really wicked.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Staff Who Stole 15-Year-Old Candidate's Number Arrested For Chatting Her / Polytechnic Ibadan SU Involve In A Ghastly Accident{graphic Photo) / Who Can Help Us Contact This Lady For A Prize?: Someone About To Lose Her Admiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.