Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions (38657 Views)

Uzodimma Seals Okorocha’s Eastern Palm University, 24 Hours To Matriculation / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / The Eastern Palm University Built By Rochas Okorocha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Bolognese: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2019
So my very intelligent Son is sent to a private Secondary School with gifted kids, and when WAEC and Jamb results are out, him and his classmates come out in flying colors, you'll claim it's the State Government's investment? No credit to the intelligent kids, the school management and their teachers but the state government? I see common sense is not common.

Apart from Unity Schools and a few Government Colleges, please how many government run schools perform well in Jamb and WAEC?

Please can you tell me how Rivers State performed in WAEC and Jamb from 2008 - 2015, since Amaechi also invested heavily in education.
babakb:

Come out from your hole already, you are a pained APC supporter.

If the south east leaders didn't invest in education how come the SE region is leading in WAEC and JAMB.

Okorocha looted IMO dry and your APC that claim they are fighting corruption kept mute.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

The state cannot manage that University.

State and Private University are separate standard.

That University would be managed better by Rochas Foundation.

Rochas was the one that carried the vision.

Anything u people are doing leave the School and University alone.

We want our people to open more world class Higher institution.
will you keep kwayet! we have so many private universities in imo state already. he should have at least fixed the issue of hostels in imo state university. that's where the state funds should be channeled to.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
Go to SW, dey have Covenant University, babcock university etc

Many Igbos studying there, nobody in SE care.

Okorocha came and opened one, as if he read my mind and Ihedioha is closing it.

Ihedioha should not make us start hating him already, it is too early for dat.

Leave that School for Okorocha, anything School leave it and passover.

In fact, in the whole east, anything School should be left alone, as long as it is properly being managed.

There is a deficit of tertiary institution in SE.
you this hammer vj; now i know you are m*d. is SW a state? we have private universities already in imo state you f**l!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2019
what do ya expect?...
jlinkd78:
U obviously didn't read d writeup or u deliberately decided to distort d facts that d citadel of learning was built with Imo govt funds and converted to Rochas personal property
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Bolognese: 10:32am On Aug 01, 2019
You mean the one bedroom flat certificate mills?

Name one Private Uni in Imo that's up to Madonna University standard. Let me not go far by calling Covenant, Landmark or Babcock.

loverboy442:
will you keep kwayet! we have so many private universities in imo state already. he should have at least fixed the issue of hostels in imo state university. that's where the state funds should be channeled to.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You are an enemy of Ndi Igbo. We will catch you and sentence you with Rochas.

So, we should allow a thief to get away with looting?
don't mind the idi*t!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WAT I SAID IS TRUTH.

IF U CLAIM OKOROCHA LOOTED AND BUILT US UNIVERSITY, I PREFER THAT TO THOSE THAT WILL LOOT AND SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO STUDY IN LONDON AND US.

LOOT AND USE THE MONEY TO DEVELOP ABUJA OR LAGOS OR SEND IT ABROAD.

IS OKOROCHA THE FIRST OR LAST?

WILL IHEDIOHA NOT LOOT?

MIND U, AM NO SUPPORTER OF OKOROCHA. ABAGWORO CAN ATEST TO DAT HERE
you keep talking trash. a private university was built with state funds and the new governor made the university a state property. how is that an issue?

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
IS WAT AM SAYING THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

OR ARE WE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE LOOT AND TAKE AWAY, DONT INVEST IN THE STATE OR CREATE JOBS.

MY PEOPLE THINK CONSEQUENCE!

IF U MUST PURSUE ROCHAS, DO SO BUT LEAVE THE SCHOOL.

THE SCHOOLS ARE FOR NDIIGBO.
then who will earn the school proceedings since you have sense
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Urchman200: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Nonsense, if the University was built in Benin Republic will dey go there to convert it to Imo State University?

I am not interested in unconfirmed claim.

I believe wat i wrote is very clear.

All the Govs in the east that have been looting i.e. Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, that u lot hail hero, how many invested in Education or even invested in the East?

I know Igbo people have envy and jealousy issue but if Ihedioha plays with this education legacy that Rochas has sowed in Imo, it will back fire on him.

Take note, i did not say leave Rochas but stay clear of our education in the East.

If he like, let him Sieze Rochas house or business, capture Rochas daughters and kidnap Rochas wife, i will hail him but School, University and Education, I will start disliking him.

And I like Ihedioha.
when u people want to pass deceitful message u will claim igbo first, and from ur writeup is obviously u are not related to igbos. U can still tell Buhari to stop fighting corruption. They should convert it to government property and ensure all the staff working there don't lose their job that is very important we don't want unemployment in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2019
Eastlink:
Sold to which private! It should be renamed to Imo State University Ogboko. IMSU Owerri should be relocated to place ASAP.
smart idea!
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Ibo people with their nonsense logic as usual. . .
a f**l spotted

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2019
jaxxy:
How will this make imo state great or improve the people’s lives. This governor seems to be out for vengeance than for work to better people’s lives.
thunder fire you!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by fireback: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

In fact, in the whole east, anything School should be left alone, as long as it is properly being managed.

hate him as you like, he did the right thing. Anyone who want to establish a private university should do that with his own money and not converting a state university to a private uni. Imo state is not a family business. The university was not close down but it now operate under the rightful owner.

7 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2019
ruby360:

Shut up Olodo!

Did you read the article? A thief stole states resources to build his own private university. Why won't the Government collect it back from him?

Is the money his own? I don't like fools coming to Nairaland and defend impunity and stupidity.

Ihedioha is doing the right thing.
i just dont understand the f**l
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by loverboy442: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2019
Lordave:
Guy shut up here, you are just sounding too foolish without control.

You didn't even read the post and you're here ranting like you have an atom of sense in you.

From what you're saying, do you know you're indirectly telling potential looters to take their loots and invest outside Nigeria?

Instead of you to applaud the governor and advise him on how to prevent potential looters whether they're investing here or not, from looting the state treasury you're here crying like one of those paid Rocha's online defenders.

Did you read where the post says that the new University will be converted to a Campus of the already existing Imo State University?

Just stop exposing yourself and Rochas here, oluku.
the guy is mad trust me

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by ozimec(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
I PUT IGBO PROGRESS FIRST.

IGBO CANNOT PROGRESS IF OUR CHILDREN LIVE AND GO TO UNIVERSITY IN SW.

I AM STILL CALLING FOR A UNIVERSITY TO BE BUILT IN ANIOMA.

OKOROCHA IS THE ONLY GOV THAT CAPTURED MY IMAGINATION IN THAT AREA.

ANOTHER IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH UNIVERSITY IN ONITSHA.

WE WANT BEAUTIFUL SCHOOLS.

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY LOOKS CRAP AND IF EASTERN PALM IS HANDED TO DEM, DEY RUN IT DOWN.

Brother, I understand you but, you can suggest that the school be privatised so as to ensure standard and class. I am not in support that it should be left in the hand of the man who built it with state fund and converted it to his property (90%)
The only reason curruption thrive in this country is because of lack accountability from our politicians. Every politician should be held accountable after their administrations. Iam surprise that people here always speak against Ihedioha whenever he goes against misdeed of Past administration. I support Ihedioha to probe Rochas administration and let the after his administration probe him as well.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Prymestrr(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

WE NEED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST, THAT ARE ADEQUATE AND STANDARD.

I REPEAT AGAIN, WE URGENTLY NEED MORE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY.

OKOROCHA SHOULD NOT BE AN EXAMPLE OF PEOPLE NOT INVESTING IN THEIR STATE.

AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE ROCHAS, DIS IS A WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

THAT LEGACY SHOULD BE LEFT OUT OF EFFCC HANDS AND ABOVE PARTY POLITICS.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

IT IS NOT EASY TO SECURE FEDERAL APPROVAL FOR ADDITIONAL UNIVERSITY IN THE EAST

ROCHAS DID AND BUILT THE EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY.

Did you bother to read the write-up @all?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by topstone4: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Then it is good for looters to invest their loots in education since these loots shouldn't be recovered because you say so. You think you are making sense, but sense is far from your comment

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by oluwaahmed: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

You are a serious enemy if nd'igbo. State funds used in setting up that private university could have been used to replace the dilapidated structures all around IMSU, purchase new equipments, build hostel, upgrade the library build new clasrooms etc. But roaches greedily converted it to his own that why he wanted douchebag nwosu by force to cover up his crooked tracks. Thunder will fire all of you that put ur greed before struggling citizens of ndigbo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by nototribalist: 10:55am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Nonsense, if the University was built in Benin Republic will dey go there to convert it to Imo State University?

All the Govs in the east that have been looting i.e. Orji Kalu, Peter Obi, that u lot hail hero, how many invested in Education or even invested in the East?

I know Igbo people have envy and jealousy issue but if Ihedioha plays with this education legacy that Rochas has sowed in Imo, it will back fire on him.

Take note, i did not say leave Rochas but stay clear of our education in the East.

If he like, let him Sieze Rochas house or business, capture Rochas daughters and kidnap Rochas wife, i will hail him but School, University and Education, I will start disliking him.

And I like Ihedioha.

We are not going to allow Rochas family to own 90% and the whole Imo 10%. You bought and built school with state fund and want to keep 90% for your family for life.

Ihedioha is working with intelligent team and true Imolites are behind him. We won't allow saboteurs like you to come and write rubbish about our governor

6 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Prymestrr(m): 10:55am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Is dat y the Private University should be targeted for destruction?
Where did you read about the destruction of a private universityn

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2019
coolzeal:
This university should be sold to private corporation and also, plant lots of palm trees all around to give it that aesthetical look.

An e -heeeedioot speaking?

Thousands of university applicants in Imo state don't have chances in existing universities.

There is no govt university in the entire 12 large local govt areas that make up Imo West senatorial zone, whereas there are three universities in Owerri zone of 9 local govt areas.

IMSG through Okorocha maneuvering built this Eastern Palm University.

You still advise for Eastern Palm university be sold to private sector.

You want only people in your home area to continue to enjoy advantages in nearness to universities.

You are the type that went against Okorocha when his govt said it was building IMSU in Ogboko, you said he was stealing your Imo university in your hometown to his village.
Owerri dud, repent from excess greed. Imo state extends beyond your hometown.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

POLITICS ASIDE, HE IS THE ONLY GOV THAT INVESTED IN SE EDUCATION, THE WAY I LIKE.

ANYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY OR EDUCATION IN THE EAST, IS AN ENEMY OF NDIIGBO.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

I DID NOT SAY, U SHOULD LEAVE ROCHAS, I AM SAYING LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITY ALONE.

Empty statements.

Build private university of your own.

Eastern Palm university was built with the funds of Imo state government.

Okorocha only took to personalizing the university when people of intelligent-by-half like you thought that every govt university in Imo state must remain in Owerri zone.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

And I like Ihedioha.

You are selling snake oil.

You ask govt to seize whatever from Rochas except the university.

In your inner mind, what exists is: why a government must run a university outside Owerri in Imo state.

Eastern Palm university is now IMSU Campus.

You are used to profiting from all six universities and polys in Imo state that are concentrated around Owerri. Others have nothing.
Stop selling snake oil. Agu ata gbuo gi there.

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by namio10: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2019
eyeview:

Those schools you mentioned were established as private universities abinitio.
Here, Rochas applied to NUC for a state university. It was approved. Funds was released approved by the state house of assembly to build the state university.
Land was taken from his ogboko people under the.law that a state project was coming up, so the former land owners never got appropriate compensation for their land lost.
And when he was done, he now sought to convert it to his private university.
It's either you are just blindly talking out of ignorance or you know the truth but choose to propagate falsehood.
Imo people are indeed glad that their assets are.being recovered

#hammer VJ may be one of those students hostel renters in Owerri. He may lose clients if some students of IMSU now go to Ogboko.
That is most likely to be at the back of his mind as he wrote his rubbish to Eastern Palm university as private.

People like that shouted blue murder when Okorocha govt started to build Imo state university in Ogboko. They forced Okorocha into thought of the 90% private falsehood.
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by udemzyudex(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

And I like Ihedioha.

Your level of comprehension is low.

1 Like

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by udemzyudex(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

Ofcourse, I dont dispute dat either.

You don't dispute that but you're arguing angry
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Chukazu: 11:41am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:

If you can convince me that Covenant and Babcock you mentioned were built with stolen money from state government, then you would have made more sense... until then na story

Ihedioha doesn't need your approval rating...you can rate Okorocha

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

Both you and the pricks you liked your comment are all FOOLS..
it just shows that the level of morally and brain demented people is on the increase on Nairaland.
In your bid for likes, you just displayed your stupidity ,well you got about 20 something likes from demented people like You kudos.
Where in the writeup did you read about the university being destroyed
Also, because the past governor used state funds to build a university for himself, it should be left for him.??
You really need BRAIN TRANSPLANT at LUTH asap.
I give up on you FOOLISH PRICK.. nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by eodavids(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

Pls comment on the funding, i.e. how did Rochas raise the funds with which he established the university?

I need you to make a comment in that regard
Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Kizito2nv(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2019
Funny thing is people hailing ihedioha forget this is politics, I am from Imo state but it's a shame we igbo people don't know how to play politics,

To start with Rochas when he entered office wanted to decongest imsu by building this present Eastern palms but the same imolites cried that he is moving imsu to orlu zone.

Rochas started the project and finished it i have no info on how he got the funds

But if imolites had allowed him to build this school there would be no need for all this story

Rochas is a man of vision and he understands politics unfortunately people around him and those who work for him only care for the immediate gains

What ever you do whether private or public the school will remain in orlu zone

Who is losing.?

Until we igbos remove emotion from politics

WE ARE GOING NO WHERE

AND NOTHERNERS WILL RULE US TILL JESUS RETURNS

2 Likes

Re: Imo Government Takes Over Eastern Palm University, Scraps New Institutions by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2019
hammerVJ:
WRONG MOVE.

IHEDIOHA TAKE NOTE.

What exactly are u blabbing about?

That Okorocha should be allowed to keep the billions of nairas he looted so that this private school would be saved? Are u well @ all??

What u should be calling for is for the imo State government passes on the university to capable investors that can manage it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did You Hang Your Bag In Secondary School Back Then? / Who Can Help Us Contact This Lady For A Prize?: Someone About To Lose Her Admiss / Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.