Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) (20361 Views)

Onitsha-Owerri Federal Highway Bows To The Force Of Erosion (Photos, Video) / Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / Bus Loaded With Passengers Fell Into Gully Erosion In Imo State: Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Metrixnews: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
The state of Ajata-Ukwu-Ibeku road in Umuahia north local government area of Abia State has assumed a more worrisome state following erosion menace that has nearly divided the federal government road, ABN TV reports.

The road leading to Bende, Ohafia and Arochukwu local governments of Abia state according to the indigenes has crippled the economic activities of the area and made life brutish for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElsytxbasUE

Expressing his disappointment to ABN TV over the inability of the government to fix the road, an indigene of Ajata-Ukwu-Ibeku, Offor John Chinoso said “we just woke up one day, like two months and now, we just saw it like this. It was the day we had a heavy rain fall we saw it like this.

“This road leads to Bende local government. The head of this community has noticed it but I don’t know if they have done anything about it. This road leads to Arochukwu, Abam, Bende, Ohafia and this other side leads to Umuahia.”

Some motorist plying the road expressed their displeasure about the deplorable road condition.

One of such road users, Chukwuma Ikeogu said “The road is very, very bad. We are suffering in this road, after here cocoa research, after cocoa research, Uzo-Abam where they call Okpaku, I’m going to Ohafia. We have serious problem on this road. Government should come quickly because when this road cuts off, the other side going to Ohafia is not also good.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/07/indigenes-road-users-cry-as-erosion-nearly-divides-ajata-ukwu-ibeku-road-in-abia-photosvideo/

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by psucc(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2019
Na today e start That part of the road had been theresince 1988 when I first use that road.

Roads in South east are curse but Abia Se own come worst

31 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Harlem2(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
Fake news
This can happen in developers region
grin grin
The road users should shut the fvck up

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Criticaltemp: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
This is bad
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by chigoziri2403(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
They should stop wasting their tears,
It's of no use, cry till eternity, nothing will happen

3 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 01, 2019
Blame Buhari and phantom Fulani Herdsmen. Your Governor needs those 20 new Bentleys more than you need good roads.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by leofab(f): 3:15am On Aug 01, 2019
Pins fun
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by fergie001: 3:26am On Aug 01, 2019
The Senator representing that Zone (I meant to say, my Senator) is the Senate Committee Chairman on Privatisation and himself a former Gov of that State. Co-incidentally, he is from that same Ibeku clan as my bro amaniro cheesy grin

The Deputy Governor crosses this road to his hometown in Ohafia, virtually almost every weekend....so its all good....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by abumoney(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2019
Imagine Abia state that houses the famous Ariaria mkt is in comatose, you think Nigeria isn't cursed?!

1 Like

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by bestman09(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2019
wink
Erosion menace is a big problem in the east. Aside that, Nigerian government have zero maintenance culture. They will wait for everything to get spoilt, even people losing their lives before they step in so that the budget for repairs will be bigger for them to make money

5 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Kingluqman(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2019
Imagine!!
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Primusinterpares(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2019
Na wah 4 this country o........... The road these government constructs these days dont stand the test of time
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Auxtin85(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2019
Erosion problem in the south east is becoming alarming

1 Like

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by twinskenny(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2019
fergie001:
The Senator representing that Zone (I meant to say, my Senator) is the Senate Committee Chairman on Privatisation and himself a former Gov of that State. Co-incidentally, he is from that same Ibeku clan as my bro amaniro cheesy grin

The Deputy Governor crosses this road to his hometown in Ohafia, virtually almost every weekend....so its all good....

Sir is that the same road that lead to Arochukwu??!

1 Like

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Abians are yet to experience the leadership of a good leader!!!

That state is poorly managed by those who claimed to be learned

Watch how Okezie Ikpeazu will take donkey years to get to the site that's even if he attends to it!!!

May God help us in this country

4 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2019
psucc:
Na today e start That part of the road had been theresince 1988 when I first use that road.

Roads in South east are curse but Abia Se own come worst
Hei! Mr man waaa here, wetin you mean by South East road bn cursed? Are you mad? Why can't you control your gully erosion mouth and tackle the govt of such state who fail to construct drainage for easy channel of water rather than attacking the entire region? Don't provoke me ds morning ooo...

5 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by majamajic(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2019
Harlem2:
Fake news This can happen in developers region grin grin The road users should shut the fvck up
nothing we will not see this holidays period
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by majamajic(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2019
Harlem2:
Fake news
This can happen in developers region
grin grin
The road users should shut the fvck up

nothing we will not see this holidays period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2019
haa my bae local govt? ikpeazu should better do something urgent before my arrival o
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by IamSoProlific: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2019
PRAYER IS THE KEY,PRAYER IS THE MASTER KEY-JESUS STARTED WITH PRAYER AND ENDED WITH PRAYER. I'M SO HAPPY, I WAS ABLE TO PRAY FOR COMPLETE 1HOUR TODAY UNLIKE ME,THAT IS A WAY TO GO....THANK YOU JESUS!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2019
The government of the people
Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2019
If na Lagos or Ogun now, Ha!

5 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by NORSIYK(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2019
fergie001:

And you forgot Thief Kalu who's now a senator, the same road leads to his LGA

4 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by stagger: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2019
The same road leading to Igbere where Orji Uzor Kalu comes from, in a state he ruled for 8 years and which his Chief of Staff ruled for another 8 years.

Politicians are the most callous people on this earth.

3 Likes

Re: Erosion Divides Bende Road In Abia (Photos + VIDEO) by ikpumbe(m): 8:25am On Aug 01, 2019
Afamed:
Charity begins at home, developer of the Universe. They have mortgaged their dividend of democracy for 2litres of kerosene.

ask someone close to you to tell you truth about yourself and wat others tink about u. if he did be frank to u he will tell you how your stupidity is growing moderately..

have been seeing many of ur comments. just full of hatred.. u r doin urself ooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You'll Definitely Meet Travelling By Road As A Nigerian. / COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports / 13 Die In Kaduna-Kano Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.