Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents (26674 Views)

MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / Please Nairalanders Help Me I Want To Convert Recharge Card 2 Cash / MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Rootprof(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2019
Please help us tell MTN and other service provider that the people selling recharge cards are just working hard and earning little. Just imagine how can person be making less than 500 naira on recharge card sells of 10000 naira. Please let this people start living too by making more money from the sells. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Eraddray(m): 6:22am On Aug 01, 2019
mtn finally wanto be LAPO
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by alexvatt(m): 6:27am On Aug 01, 2019
But why must it be MTN that always comes first for new innovation? Why MTN keeps thinking ahead of other telecommunication networks? Where are Airtel and Glo? Why MTN keeps leading??

1 Like

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by olalekeadeola(f): 6:28am On Aug 01, 2019
Get MTN 1GB for as low as 470 works on all devices.
, vtu , renew gotv, dstv, pay electricity bills using my link https://www.payscribe.ng/auth/create/?ref=178439

You're welcome
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by olalekeadeola(f): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2019
Hmmmm
Rootprof:
Please help us tell MTN and other service provider that the people selling recharge cards are just working hard and earning little. Just imagine how can person be making less than 500 naira on recharge card sells of 10000 naira. Please let this people start living too by making more money from the sells. Thanks
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Duggedised12(f): 6:35am On Aug 01, 2019
Banks have been playing on the safe side with mobile money, they avoid rural areas like a plague ,i hope MTN hits the ground running and give these banks a run for their money. The unreached population in rural areas is still so much .

3 Likes

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by FarahAideed: 6:49am On Aug 01, 2019
Ratello:
This is a good move in the right direction judging from the fact that MTN made the biggest cash throughout the whole continent from Nigeria. They should do more......

Contrary to what is being speculated MTN actually makes more revenue from South Africa even though Nigeria has far more subscribers .

See attached below summary of MTN Group 2018 revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Leemekzy: 7:14am On Aug 01, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
What financial services are they going to provide
Mobile money.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 01, 2019
This is the UK indirectly ruling over us. South Africa owns MTN, South Africa is ruled and controlled by the UK. U all need to open your eyes
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by SocialJustice: 7:45am On Aug 01, 2019
ssogundele:
This is a welcome development because our Nigeria banks are risks averters that doesn't like going to the rural areas. With this people in the remote hinterland will be able to receive and also send money! I knew that banks can't kill this much awaited development for they've tried in many ways to sabotage and frustrate this in the past. We god save us from wicked banking system!
It's just business.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by BizBayo: 7:48am On Aug 01, 2019
callme9mm:
This is the UK indirectly ruling over us. South Africa owns MTN, South Africa is ruled and controlled by the UK. U all need to open your eyes

MTN is owned by Mauritius.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by frankputer: 8:02am On Aug 01, 2019
My problem with Airtel is , they are reactive instead of Proactive to new development. they are suppose to be at the top of the game, considering their high quality of services. HQos

NotNairalandi:
Airtel on hearing the news

1 Like

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Johnson5258: 8:35am On Aug 01, 2019
Please leave that alone abeg, this will be done more by graduates, i don't think the government have us in mind, where is Nitel go and see the thousand of people sleeping for free in there bulding in Obalende. I love the move and i commend them.

quote author=callme9mm post=80825106]This is the UK indirectly ruling over us. South Africa owns MTN, South Africa is ruled and controlled by the UK. U all need to open your eyes [/quote]
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by merits(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2019
[quote author=orazx post=80823685]https://pears.ourcontest.io/r5K3c0/qtM35?w=76934205&e=223561562 ...Please vote for our Baby[/quote
How much will you pay me?if i vote for her.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by wolebest: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2019
I saw this niche years back, that mobile telephone companies will become banks. MTN has taken the lead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by buchai: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2019
what other small small countries in Africa are enjoying since time immemorial, MTN and other mobile networks should act fast and stop taking us for granted.
one can use it to tranfer and collect money without going to the bank or ATM and use it to pay some bills too. our government at top levels are not helping matters too such should've been enacted into law a long time ago by giving them enabling ground to operate without any hindrances.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Smithwilliams826: 9:54am On Aug 01, 2019
namiji2598:
What Abt recharge card buyers grin grin grin grin
My brother leave that one. Everybody in Nigeria is a recharge card buyer.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by jamillion: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2019
Folding so much money from Nigeria yet killing/maltreating Same people in their land��
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2019
dheaven:
But many banks have started agency banking unless they want to hijack that.

Nobody needs to have monopoly of any service
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Opinedecandid(m): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
What financial services are they going to provide

They have not mentioned even one.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by niyidenrele: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2019
ssogundele:
This is a welcome development because our [b]Nigeria banks are risks averter[/b]s that doesn't like going to the rural areas. With this people in the remote hinterland will be able to receive and also send money! I knew that banks can't kill this much awaited development for they've tried in many ways to sabotage and frustrate this in the past. We god save us from wicked banking system!
meaning you have not read the CBN riot act or code and conducts for all commercial banks ,there is distance limit to where u must establish a bank, remember that CBN is bank of last resort,CBN has discovered that that,many of these commercial deliberately go and establish in an unsafe , remote areas,so when Hazard occurred they can quickly go to CBN to claim for damages
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Exempted: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2019
laurel03:
mobile money stuff like paga

This has been existing in other African Countries like Ghana/Kenya. I wonder why it took them this long to establish it here in Nigeria.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by wamalagi: 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
Nice move
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by giriraj98542: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by einsteine(m): 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
callme9mm:

Open our eyes to what exactly.

Trade between countries is essential.

If Nigeria drives out other countries, who will buy your oil and other exports?

Mtn provides employment for thousands of Nigerians and have even made investments in Jumia and Shoprite. Some of you just hate without having a reason.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2019
CBN and their pro-elitist ideas. They're going to kill small and medium pos and mobile money operators with this just as telcos killed ISPs
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
niyidenrele:
meaning you have not read the CBN riot act or code and conducts for all commercial banks ,there is distance limit to where u must establish a bank, remember that CBN is bank of last resort,CBN has discovered that that,many of these commercial deliberately go and establish in an unsafe , remote areas,so when Hazard occurred they can quickly go to CBN to claim for damages
Where did you get dis info from? Wetin concern CBN with bank robbery? You didn't even say NDIC or insurance generally? undecided

1 Like

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by astereex(m): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
it's a welcoming idea for mtn to finance there services
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by Psoul(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
We are offering them friendly and conducive atmosphere to operate and expand here in Nigeria while their people are getting jealous of our people's progress in their own country.
Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by 14(m): 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2019
FarahAideed:

Contrary to what is being speculated MTN actually makes more revenue from South Africa even though Nigeria has far more subscribers .

See attached below summary of MTN Group 2018 revenue.

We always knew that, but some fools have been spewing wrong information all along.

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Convert Recharge Card Sellers To Financial Services Agents by blackgold90(m): 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
ssogundele:
This is a welcome development because our Nigeria banks are risks averters that doesn't like going to the rural areas. With this people in the remote hinterland will be able to receive and also send money! I knew that banks can't kill this much awaited development for they've tried in many ways to sabotage and frustrate this in the past. We god save us from wicked banking system!

Banks use mtn and other telecommunications network in thier mobile money business, those banks can't do mtn jack...mtn will soon destroy first bank first money,paga and others with their double barrel approach.... Just relocate to one village now an be mtn agent...with mtn you don't need ATM,just you phone and the charges will be like N20-N30 not the current N100 for 5k withdrawal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me / Air Peace’s Boeing 777-300 Aircraft Arrives To Open New Routes / Femi Otedola And The Millionaire Caption (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.