Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors (24252 Views)

Fulani Christian Association Condemns Rising Banditry, Killings In Nigeria / Insecurity: Youths Protest In Ibadan, Warn Buhari Of Interethnic Conflict / Presidency: Warn Buhari Against Rigging Election – PDP Begs Prince Charles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by MetaPhysical: 2:54am On Aug 01, 2019
The National Leader of Fulani Christian Association of Nigeria (FULCAN), Rev. Buba Aliyu, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to be wary of the activities of ‘Arewa Pastors’ a non denominational initiative for peace.

He said that the pastor’s recent call for the leadership of CAN to apologize to President Buhari or resign were capable of generating problems between the federal government and the leaders of Christian Association of Nigeria.

Aliyu told journalists in Jos, the Plateau State capital, that the recent utterances of the leader of Arewa Pastors, Bishop Richard John, against the leadership of Christians in Nigeria have portrayed the leadership of CAN in bad light before the federal government.

“While in the true sense, the leadership of Christians (CAN) has nothing against the federal government as it only gives a word of caution when necessary, to the federal authority so that they will be peace in the polity.”

The FULCAN leader, therefore, disociated himself from being the North-East Coordinator for Arewa Pastors; wondering why he would be linked with Arewa Pastors who have refused to operate under the Leadership of CAN, the overall leadership of Christians in the country.

According to him, the difficult time both Christians and Muslims are currently in, should be used by all to work as a team in collaboration with the federal government to bring about lasting peace in the North and other parts of the country not a period for anybody to cause bad blood between the government and CAN leadership.

He noted that both Christian Fulanis and their Muslim brothers have for long co-existed peacefully with their host communities in Plateau and Benue States and also other North-Central states.

“However, whatever could be responsible for the recent disagreements and conflicts between them could be sorted out through dialogue.”

The FULCAN leader equally advised President Muhammadu Buhari to see Christian leaders in the North and at the national level as partners in progress and not allow himself to be deceived by Arewa Pastors.

On the suspended Ruga Policy of the federal government, Aliyu advised government to handle the matter with caution and wisdom, warning that without peace, the Ruga Settlement policy no matter how well intended, will be an exercise in futility as the natives of the land will not buy into the policy.

‘’The Fulanis cannot live in isolation as they will find it difficult to live in these proposed settlements, so peace must be given a chance,” he admonished.

He appealed to non-governmental organizations and public spirited Nigerians to help in training the children of Fulani like others, saying every tribe in this country can contribute meaningfully to the development of this country.

DAILY POST recalls that last Friday, the Arewa Pastors Non-Denominational Initiative for Peace (APNIP), had cautioned the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) over their alleged attacks on President Muhammadu Buhari.

The national chairman of the Arewa pastors, John Abu Richard, made the call while briefing journalists in Abuja, urging CAN to immediately apologise to the president over the unwarranted attacks.

“We caution CAN leadership to immediately apologise to the Nigerian Christians for going against the objectives that form the association and should resign from their positions for allowing themselves to be used by some certain quarters of politicians to heat up the polity.”

According to him, “CAN leadership now instigates the Nigerian Christians to hate President Muhammadu Buhari, build tensions and are trying to divide the country along religious lines and if possible cause religious war,” he said.

He noted that CAN leadership has dabbled into high sensitive national security issues that could set the entire country on fire, adding that “as clergymen, we are charged by our Holy Book to pray for our leaders irrespective of tribe and religion.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/29/fulani-christian-leaders-warn-buhari-activities-arewa-pastors/

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Promxy94(m): 3:01am On Aug 01, 2019
Good one

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by AstralBody: 4:46am On Aug 01, 2019
I never knew some fulanis are Christian's shocked shocked
Not all of them are terrorist n killers after all.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by orisa37: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2019
This is The Exclusive Responsibility of The V.P to handle. Nothing concerns Mr. President with this kind of scufle.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by JayEntaur(m): 5:43am On Aug 01, 2019
Of course, not all fulanis are bad & irrational.

9 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Kingpee2(m): 5:45am On Aug 01, 2019
All tribes are involved in all religions,this was my argument with a friend few weeks ago.

16 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by success1smyn(m): 5:46am On Aug 01, 2019
Ok
Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by selemempe: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2019
AstralBody:
its strange isnt it...well i guess a few fulanis (like yaradua) would be good....but the majority of them have terrorist intincts

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by AstralBody: 7:38am On Aug 01, 2019
selemempe:
its strange isnt it...well i guess a few fulanis (like yaradua) would be good....but the majority of them have terrorist intincts
Yes! 99% of them are terrorist!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by kotv: 7:41am On Aug 01, 2019
I didn't know there's such thing as a fulani Christian. Sad they are yoked in with their Muslim counterparts mess.

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by oyatz(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2019
I am surprised that some Nigerians assume all Fulanis are Muslims.

Some Fulanis are even Animists (Traditionalists) living in the Forests.

Thomas Sankara, the late Revolutionary leader of Burkina Faso was a Fulani Christian.

kotv:
I didn't know there's such thing as a fulani Christian. Sad they are yoked in with their Muslim counterparts mess.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by mikeweezy(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2019
well said God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by unite4real: 8:42am On Aug 01, 2019
orisa37:
This is The Exclusive Responsibility of The V.P to handle. Nothing concerns Mr. President with this kind of scufle.

its so bad that some people cannot separate Hausa from Islam. They think the words are interchangeable. It took me a lot of explanation to prove to someone that a lot of Hausa people are christians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by OfficialAPCNig: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2019
634 views but 14 comments.
Bad news for our sophistikated moslem brothers from a sad waste.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Rebelutionary: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2019
unite4real:

its so bad that some people cannot separate Hausa from Islam. They think the words are interchangeable. It took me a lot of explanation to prove to someone that a lot of Hausa people are christians.
There are so many ignorant people in this country that feel if your name is Mohammed you must be Muslim!

Most Nigerians hardly travel outside of their usual place of abode and have only seen Abuja on TV.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2019
AstralBody:
There are many Fulani Christians

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Primusinterpares(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2019
Can anything good come out of fulani?
Thats when stuffs like this come up... Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Lovelyn451(f): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2019
AstralBody:
I've only met one christian Fulani, just one o, he's even married to an Igbo lady

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by otabuko(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2019
Scam

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by chukwuibuipob: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2019
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by konkonbilo(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2019
shocked

Check my signature..
Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by ednut1(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2019
AstralBody:
the criminals amongst fulani are not up to 0 01%. But we have allowed hate to blind us. Where i served in abia the herdmen there made me know none of the cattle was theirs and indigene owned them

15 Likes

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Generalwoodz(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2019
A
AstralBody:
Just like the Igbo muslims,they aint upto 0.5% of the fulani population...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by airminem(f): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2019
What would we think of a government that banned /restricted forex for milk? Would we good citizens think it over-reaching, even oppressive? Would we condemn it? Would we assume its policy-makers/CBN and many of its citizens were deeply out of touch with facts? Would we judge it as foolhardy in the extreme? Or, would we fail to notice?

#forexmilk

1 Like

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2019
AstralBody:
most of them are terrorist though. I wish they all can imitate the few good ones.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Christian Leaders Warn Buhari On Activities Of Arewa Pastors by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 01, 2019
Lovelyn451:
I've only met one single christian Fulani, only one o, he's even married to an Igbo lady
I always see you as a fulani

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions New Naval Sports Complex In Lagos (Photos) / Ben Hundeyin Justifies Firing Of Teargas At EndSARS Memorial 2 At The Lekki Toll / What Falae, Fayose Said About PDP Alliance With R-APC, Others Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.