Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Should I Quit My Job Or Not? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (35438 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by IamSoProlific: 2:52am On Aug 02, 2019
jibrilELsudan:
11k per month. Is it in naira abi dollars. Local Ashawo in Ajengunle earns more than that per nite on a bad day fvck.

I will advise you stay on and earn their trust. Get an international passport. Get a South African visa. Then rob the bank of all the money in the vault and kidnap the your boss and collect ransom. Gather all the money and run to South Africa.

You can thank me later. You welcome.

Hope you've registered your August long vacation lesson for your forthcoming junior waec?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:56am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Sand supply to building sites. Started this with 5k
Thanks bro. How can I start this business. I am presently underemployed and based in Akure, Ondo state. Pls, give me hints. Whatsapp zero seven zero 30 11 11 five three. Thanks in a million bro.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:01am On Aug 02, 2019
11thGoldTREE:
did you read a thread where a graduate was complaining about earning 15k a month as a teacher in secondary school? The economy is far from friendly with graduates.

Which digital job will you suggest bro? I am ready to learn. Thanks.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 02, 2019
Doktajay5:

OK, I'll ask u again. Comparatively, what do u think this 11k is doing in the life of this guy looking at the prevailing circumstances..as a reason to stay cos I came make from u that's the reason he should stay...

If I may ask, why is ur view only about job hunting from there... More so a white collar job, Like that of a microfinance bank or what ever salary job with no bergaining strength say maybe a skill with which he can provide a salable service...

Why r u not seeing the bigger picture..

Well is ur opinion, but I don't think is good enough for that guy. Please don't push it. That guy deserves better than ur advice.

This will be my last input on this. You're talking about a skill you know nothing of. He said he has a job in a bank and pay is low. He didn't mention any skill and if he does have a skill for example, do you think skills perform magic? What if he has no marketable skills that can make him a lean entrepreneur, will you suggest he quit the 11k job and start learning some skills now? You are hell bent in telling him to quit today and wake up on Monday then stroll along the streets looking for job. Do you know what he will meet? Frustration upon frustration because nobody hires an unemployed person and to make it worse in a bank, you had a job and you quit and became unemployed, only divine can get you another job. You see you're not a smart person. Nobody will give him any 11k at the end of 30 days if he quits this job. I know it's hard for u to understand but inside life na pot of beans. Pls skills don't perform magic. I acquired a skill in my 4th year in uni and I could make 10$ a month sometimes 30$, 50$. I kept on growing and improving. After my 7th yr and graduation my skills started earning above 1000$ a month. Now I'm supposed to find a job and be working but I've sharpened my skills in proficiency and its cool.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by enemyofprogress: 3:17am On Aug 02, 2019
The more you stay there, the more your future is tied down by your village people

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Virusnation: 3:22am On Aug 02, 2019
Please name the bank here, I want to avoid them completely because they have a sole motive of killing you silently..

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Gistpost(m): 3:26am On Aug 02, 2019
Come let me teach you online business... Earn real money at home... Am sure you have computer ideas[b][/b]
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by 360command: 3:46am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay in akwa ibom, getting a teaching job that pays to that amount is not easy
Run to Liberia,they need Nigerian teachers. Free accommodation
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by tammyboy1(m): 4:09am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

If ure in portharcourt will give u physical audience
hey bro am in pH, sending you a pm right away
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by boom99(m): 4:26am On Aug 02, 2019
U can take up a teaching job in AK now. when I served there as a corper I made about 40k teaching plus my allowee 19800 = 60k approx. Getting to lag, I make more than 400k on teaching. I wonder why graduates complain. There is money in 9ja. Just follow your passion.............
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by bigtt76(f): 4:28am On Aug 02, 2019
You didn't state your qualification? The position you currently occupied might have been created by the bank's state area manager and paid out of his own allowance. I don't think that position actually exists within banks hierarchy. If we know your qualifications we can assist you better.

Emma4321:
I could've posted in the job section but I was denied access.

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Pls nairalanders should I quit this draining job or should I continue?
Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

Pls I need ur candid advise here cos I'm so confused

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Chiefochiefo(m): 4:39am On Aug 02, 2019
Well you ddnt mention your qualification or if you're a man or woman. But I think you're just lazy in your own part. Even ordinary food vendors make more of that amount per day. Can't you cook? Can't you think of employing yourself? Since you have that spirit of hustling?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by victorjoe(m): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay in akwa ibom, getting a teaching job that pays to that amount is not easy

I also stay in Akwa Ibom. Uyo. I can help you with something better. Let's hook up.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by SpaceAngel: 4:46am On Aug 02, 2019
Quit that job. When I saw 11k I thought that you even wanted to type 110k but made a mistake. Cannot understand how you survive on that for a month unless you are also doing some other work. You'll loose your sanity.
U can get a job as an Uber driver if in Lagos and from there look for something better. I advise so because I believe it's something that requires minimal experience. I use Uber a lot and most of the drivers look relatively ok or so they seem. If you don't take this step, you may still be earning less than 20k in years to come. Your employer is wicked, PERIOD.
Is 11k enough to fill his fuel tank for a week? Don't even stay if you are giving a pay rise when you put in resignation letter. You have no future there.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by victorjoe(m): 4:46am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:
������� been there. Resigned after just 1 month. Entered a business many friends told me is too downgrading for a petroleum engineer. Today them still dey find job. While the job don marry me wife, 2 children, a car and a double axle truck.

Resign

Abeg which business is that?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by ebujany(m): 4:55am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

If ure in portharcourt will give u physical audience
am in port Harcourt bro.. you mind putting me through?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by lollybizzu(m): 5:02am On Aug 02, 2019
dgee1:
It's a very horrible situation to be in, especially when there is that societal pressure hanging on one's shoulder. Horrible is an understatement infact lol. I am the shy type and hate to bother people for anything but I have amazed myself by some of the people I've spoken to,called, emailed, begged stylishly( so humiliating! lol), some of them are complete strangers. Again lesson learnt/being learned.

When you have no 'connection' in Nigeria, you are an orphan of a kind.
I can relate very bro...
Infact, I'm still relating grin

But the truth is there's nothing humiliating in asking for help; especially if it's in getting a job or capital to start a biz.
It just shows you aren't lazy.
You can listen to the song -" like you" by Tiana Manoaise
Follow the lyrics, you'll learn from it.
Thanks.

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by deltateam: 5:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Jayslicky:
11k monthly!!! I advise you quit the job before you start loosing your sanity as a human, 11k can never do anything meaningful in a person's life, I advise you find a teaching job in a high profile secondary school( some pay over 70k per month) at least it's better than your PA job.

You didn't even ask about his paper qualifications.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by GoldPencil: 5:07am On Aug 02, 2019
op. I only have one advice for you. What you're doing is called slavery. During my nysc, my pay was 22700. Half of that, 11k (your current pay) was spent on transport to go to work alone. not transport everywhere else o, just to go to the workplace and back, based on the city I was in. Only one life bro. live it to the best. Find something better then leave.

read this thoroughly and APPLY what you learn https://okadabooks.com/book/about/kindle_blazin_how_to_go_from_income_to_earning_passively_with/27598
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by lollybizzu(m): 5:16am On Aug 02, 2019
murphybo:

If you wont say am saying rubbish, the best for you is to quit honourably and find a business worth donig and if there is no capital to start a business I dont know your age but if you set a target of 3 months you can learn a skill and be the boss of yourself, depending on how smart you are. Let me use my personal story as an example, after graduating search for jobs no show, I got a secondary school in shagamu, ogun state where am been paid #10.000 with extra lesson fee, sometimes half payment imagine, so i thought i cannot continue like this cos there is no way such will accumulate to rent house and people that are suppose to help you carry the tag He's working, long story short I collected last salary register in a saloon as apprentice for 3months but within 2 months am confident of myself, I started taxing family and friends for money to set up. I was able to raise small money got a shop lo and behold as I got the shop, scale of preference set in, nobody selling gas in the street, i did feasibility study on cooking gas and realize its best in the location than barbing. I had no idea abt it and I already had a shop thats how I paused for 2 weeks to know more about gas before I conclude I found the Gas to be better. Thats how i started my life with a gas retail shop and after like a year i was able to gather money to setup my barbing saloon elsewhere which I really had passion for. So in a nutshell if you are afraid if you quit you will not have anything doing rethink cos despite not quitting you are not gaining anything. Make a plan and step up on it to make it work.[b][/b] [b]Dont ever think you are too old to learn a skill cos you are a graduate. [/b]Now I have someone working for me collecting more than salary I was receiving when I was teaching in a private school and am afraid to quit cos of fear. Take a bold step and work towards it.

It takes courage and determination.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by lollybizzu(m): 5:35am On Aug 02, 2019
micflo28:
Those asking him to quit, do you have something else for him to do? I will advise you continue to pressurise for pay increment as you become more dedicated. Convince them reasons you deserve a pay increment, that you will use spare times to acquire more skills relevant to the efficiency of your job, it would build your confidence level, make you more dedicated and resillient and take care of your dependants that look up to you. Moreso, remind them that the minimum wage is now 30k which is more humane and advised by all employers to adopt. Keep pushing subtly and nicely with some emotional countenance. Don't be arrogant about it. If he is still going on without pay increase, acquire all that you need to know about a PA's job, build your CV in that line to be attractive and to portray your acquired skills over the years, submit while on the job and go to a better company with a better pay when the job is offered to you. Goodluck.

One of the best advice if not the best.
Everyone just saying quit but no one is giving him way forward.

You typed sense bro.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by patrick2015: 5:39am On Aug 02, 2019
H
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by patrick2015: 5:41am On Aug 02, 2019
Good day daddy. I found your advice worth utilizing. However, I lack the required know how on how to do it. I will be extremely grateful if you could give me insight and better knowledge to the revenue collection formula void of thuggery. Thanks
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:50am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

11k. Did you finish secondary school.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Kiezodumah(m): 5:51am On Aug 02, 2019
Hi guys !.pls how safe is it to obtain a loan from online loan platforms such as den money ,pay pal etc.. I had commenced the process of filling the form online but I got to a point where I was asked to give my BVN details.At that point I stopped because of fear of my details being hacked on the website by scammers..If anyone here has done such transaction and was safe ,pls kindly signify .Its important.Thanks
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by spiceadole: 5:52am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:

You call this slavery a job?
11K salary
As a lady,the least I ever earned was 90K and that was during my service year.Yet it was barely enough.
Quit the madness please

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by omobs(m): 5:53am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

You can even start with zero balance. All you need do is to be sure the person you are supplying to is going to pay you as you drop it.

The day I started 5k was my last card and I needed about 27k to buy the sand and pay the driver his motor balance(truck fare). I was not discouraged. I went to the sand dump, the first driver I met and explained to was so kind and used his money to complete buying of the sand, and when the owner paid me, i balanced him. And the minimum gain u can make is 5k per trip, u can even make close to 17k per trip wen u add dagbo and when u jam a novice.
this is what my mum does, she have trained 3 graduates with this business, built a house. Supplying is a nice business, only if dey don't owe you

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 02, 2019
Quit
Emma4321:

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by James4bright(m): 6:12am On Aug 02, 2019
iClef:
I don't know why I usually get angry when I hear people talk about the word "job," or "tribe."

I only give one type of advice and that is: acquire a lucrative digital skill that'll fetch you money while you sleep.

Anything that doesn't fetch you money while you sleep is slavery.

Could you please mention few skills that could probably help you get that done?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Doktajay5: 6:19am On Aug 02, 2019
DrObiHogan:

This will be my last input on this. You're talking about a skill you know nothing of. He said he has a job in a bank and pay is low. He didn't mention any skill and if he does have a skill for example, do you think skills perform magic? What if he has no marketable skills that can make him a lean entrepreneur, will you suggest he quit the 11k job and start learning some skills now? You are hell bent in telling him to quit today and wake up on Monday then stroll along the streets looking for job. Do you know what he will meet? Frustration upon frustration because nobody hires an unemployed person and to make it worse in a bank, you had a job and you quit and became unemployed, only divine can get you another job. You see you're not a smart person. Nobody will give him any 11k at the end of 30 days if he quits this job. I know it's hard for u to understand but inside life na pot of beans. Pls skills don't perform magic. I acquired a skill in my 4th year in uni and I could make 10$ a month sometimes 30$, 50$. I kept on growing and improving. After my 7th yr and graduation my skills started earning above 1000$ a month. Now I'm supposed to find a job and be working but I've sharpened my skills in proficiency and its cool.

U just unveiled ur ignorance to the world...

Anyway dumb ass can only give advice that shows what fibrous tissue a brain they have... Just feel ur self shaa..

But for the records dude is not employed in the 1st place if u don't know.. He only distracted his brain with 11k per month. And that u considered 11k per month anything that is worth such person's time a month instead of sitting back and concentrating on spending that wasted energy on a better hunt or another thing, says alot about u...

So obviously for u it must be a job, and that of 11k... #smh.. For 1 who thinks like u, sorry ur dollar story is for ur villagers, u r poor in mind... Enjoy ur ignorance and unlearn that shit in ur mind that no body hires who's not employed....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ICAN Chartered Accountants Awaitting Induction Come In / Kennedy Ekezie Honored By The Queen Of England As One Of The "Young leaders" / Lagos Government To Prosecute Employer Who Assaulted Her Sales Girl (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.