Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Should I Quit My Job Or Not? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (35434 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by oyonu(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2019
byrron:

The truth is this, most graduates, undergraduates and those aspiring to get into various tertiary institutions have a wrong mindset along with unrealistic expectations before getting into higher institutions and after graduation.

Majority believes that the whole essence of seeking a higher knowledge is simply to get a high paying job but university certificates only states that "YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND WORTHY IN LEARNING AND IN CHARACTER" it didn't state that you are now eligible for a high paying job.

There should be a conscious mental reengineering especially in all the higher institutions of learning to inculcate it / drill it inside the heads of people to start seeing their education as an empowerment to become problem solvers and wealth creator's and not job hunters.

You won't blame them its the mentality the society have put in all of us. They believe every graduate must in a formal occupation
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by onlyforchrist: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Doktajay5:

U just unveiled ur ignorance to the world...

Anyway dumb ass can only give advice that shows what fibrous tissue a brain they have... Just feel ur self shaa..

But for the records dude is not employed in the 1st place if u don't know.. He only distracted his brain with 11k per month. And that u considered 11k per month anything that is worth such person's time a month instead of sitting back and concentrating on spending that wasted energy on a better hunt or another thing, says alot about u...

So obviously for u it must be a job, and that of 11k... #smh.. For 1 who thinks like u, sorry ur dollar story is for ur villagers, u r poor in mind... Enjoy ur ignorance and unlearn that shit in ur mind that no body hires who's not employed....

He should be happy you schooled him. lazy ass.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Teesbee(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

You can even start with zero balance. All you need do is to be sure the person you are supplying to is going to pay you as you drop it.

The day I started 5k was my last card and I needed about 27k to buy the sand and pay the driver his motor balance(truck fare). I was not discouraged. I went to the sand dump, the first driver I met and explained to was so kind and used his money to complete buying of the sand, and when the owner paid me, i balanced him. And the minimum gain u can make is 5k per trip, u can even make close to 17k per trip wen u add dagbo and when u jam a novice.
I stay in Bayelsa would really love to have an insight on this line of business
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I could've posted in the job section but I was denied access.

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Pls nairalanders should I quit this draining job or should I continue?
Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

Pls I need ur candid advise here cos I'm so confused
run for your life
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Emma4321: 8:08am On Aug 02, 2019
travelwaka:

What can you do and where are you based? Let's talk
I'm a good videographer and ICT compliant. I stay in akwa ibom state, uyo precisely
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Buragauss: 8:09am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

If ure in portharcourt will give u physical audience
I'm in Port Harcourt. Can we get to meet in person to discuss this biz?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Kingsley10000: 8:09am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
teach me pls
help me sir okonkwokingsley77@gmail.com
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by OfficialSam(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay in akwa ibom, getting a teaching job that pays to that amount is not easy

It's easy bro. Some private schools pay up to 80k per month in Uyo. Just start searching for a teaching job before schools reopen for the new session. You will surely get an opening of 30k to 50k per month. If you are in Uyo, apply in schools at Osongo Ama & Ewet Housing Estates. However, apply basically within the GRA where pupils pay exorbitant fees. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by XTHRONE(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2019
byrron:

I also shared my thoughts based on personal experience too.

I now tell people to stay in their job while searching for another job and you only quit a job only when you have an immediate replacement.

If you quit a job without an immediate replacement then you will come to find out that searching for a job is also a job in itself grin grin

I hear you sir, this one got me..searching for a job is also a job itself .

Very true.

But then Faith do work sometimes

Sorry all the time.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:11am On Aug 02, 2019
It's either you're not working in a bank or you're lying about the amount they're paying you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by XTHRONE(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2019
tojahh:

I vehemently agreed with that of a primary school for obvious reason no be bank na. Haba mana!?!

A bank that can engage the services of an Area Manager and decided to share his workload with a PA can never be petty! Security (Not police o) in a bank don't earn 11k. Cleaners without even primary 6 don't earn such. We know Nigeria is messed up but bros, I swear this baba dey lie! Unless he is not saying what he does and terms of contract.
A Bank cannot have just one branch and have an Area Manager. So its definitely not a chewing gum something (pun intended).

But Remember they promised him an increase. Again like you said ,it depends on what he does for them or terms of contract, whatsoever its I will advice him to quit the job, it is a wasting of time no matter how anybody sees it. Time waits for no man.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Youngpo413: 8:17am On Aug 02, 2019
megareal:

Pm me, I'll direct you to a school that can pay you at least something in that region. You only need to ace the interview. They will also give you a place to stay but they work really hard o. They hire within this period. BTW, what did you study and what's your qualifications?
Tower Of Ivory?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Handsomecole(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
11 what?? Jesus !!! It's better you sleep at home wake and eat. Please quit immediately!!! I can't imagine in this economy.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Emma4321: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2019
Gistpost:
Come let me teach you online business... Earn real money at home... Am sure you have computer ideas[b][/b]
yes, I'm good with computer.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ekakamba: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2019
iClef:
I don't know why I usually get angry when I hear people talk about the word "job," or "tribe."

I only give one type of advice and that is: acquire a lucrative digital skill that'll fetch you money while you sleep.

Anything that doesn't fetch you money while you sleep is slavery.

I dey game. cool
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Monday60655(m): 8:38am On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=Jayslicky post=80825928]11k monthly!!! I advise you quit the job before you start loosing your sanity as a human, 11k can never do anything meaningful in a person's life, I advise you find a teaching job in a high profile secondary school( some pay over 70k per month) at least it's better than your PA job.[/quo
Have you ask if the said person has what it takes to teach. Or do you think that simply because you want to teach, you just be employ and start receiving 70k and above.
Though I'm of the opinion that the said person should quit the job.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2019
11thGoldTREE:
did you read a thread where a graduate was complaining about earning 15k a month as a teacher in secondary school? The economy is far from friendly with graduates.

Graduates should know their worth. Even if the school is next door, haba!
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by maximunimpact(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2019
KingSatan:

YOU ARE A GOOD MAN MY SON!

THIS IS WHERE I GET ANGRY WITH TODAY'S GRADUATES. WHY DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU CANT APPLY THE KNOWLEDGE YOU BOUGHT (THAT IS IF THEY HAVE ANY) WITH YOUR MONEY FROM THE TERTIARY INSTITUTION TO SOLVE LIFE'S PROBLEMS?

YOU GO TO SCHOOL JUST TO GET JOBS?

I ONCE TOLD A GRADUATE TO GO AND ORGANISE THE COMMUNITY YOUTHS AND REFORM THE REVENUE COLLECTION UNIT. BEFORE NOW, THAT UNIT WAS BASICALLY FOR THUGS AND THEY HARASS AND INTIMIDATE PEOPLE JUST TO EXTORT FROM THEM. THOUGH THEY REMIT THE ALLOCATED AMOUNT TO THE LGA BUT THEIR MODUS OPERANDI WAS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OTHER PART OF THE WORLD. THIS GRADUATE DECLINED AND CONTINUED HIS JOB HUNTING. I GAVE THAT SAME IDEA TO SOMEONE (ANOTHER GRADUATE) AND TODAY HE IS MARRIED, HAVE KIDS AND WAS BUILDING HIS OWN HOME WHEN I SAW HIM LAST. THE OTHER ONE IS STILL JOB HUNTING.

DO YOU KNOW THAT IN THAT COMMUNITY THEY OFFER ELECTRONIC RECEIPTS FOR DEVELOPMENT LEVIES AND REVENUE?

THEY CAN PAY FROM THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOMES?

ALL THESE FROM AN INNOVATIVE MIND WHO DIDN'T LOOK DOWN ON MY IDEA.

THIS ALSO CREATED INDIRECT JOBS AS NEW CYBER CAFES SPRUNG UP IN THE COMMUNITY.

SOMETIMES THE LGA'S ALLOCATE JUST 500,000 NAIRA TO A CERTAIN COMMUNITY. BUT THIS GUYS MAKE X10 OF THAT AMOUNT IN A MONTH. IF NOT FOR THEIR THUGGERY AND ILLITERACY, THEY WOULD BE MILLIONAIRES. SAME THING APPLIES TO COMMERCIAL DRIVERS TOO.

BACK TO YOU MY 11K SALARY SON.

ITS TIME TO QUIT THAT JOB OR ELSE I RECALL YOU. angry angry angry

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA, THEN RELOCATE TO ABUJA AND GET A CAR FOR UBER/TAXIFY.

AT LEAST I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE WHO MADE GOOD MONEY DOING THAT BUSINESS.

Ekwensu ejebe uka........ekwensu with good advice....nice one there is still hope even for ekwensu

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by hpymoment(f): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2019
spyglaxx:
, Go and learn a skill and build other skills around it.The best for now is computer and ict. My aunt was paying me 4k as graduate why working in her cafe. But i usually dedicate 2 hours every day learning about stuffs like networking and programming. Pressures were coming left and right, abuses and humiliating remarks , like stupid graduate working for 4k but i was pouring those humiliation into reading and acquiring skills.It was all the experience that i acquired that landed me this present goverment job and other online bz too. And i am just preparing to start my own bz.

How do I learn networking online without going to any training centres. Please can you recommend any possible site for me? Thanks
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2019
kroger:

It's this " I am a graduate" mentality that is killing most peeps. If you are a graduate and so what, what did you even learn in school with their archaic syllabus
Its bad. The op should ask for a raise! It's not even up to the minimum wage for God's sake...
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Bro please, can I have your contact?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by x3reme07(f): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Even me as a filling station manager, I earn 10k

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2019
James4bright:

Could you please mention few skills that could probably help you get that done?
Read this first https://www.nairaland.com/5319181/
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by lollybizzu(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2019
x3reme07:
Even me as a filling station manager, I earn 10k
Filling station whaaaat? shocked

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by aluwe(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:

Pls people I had to open a new account to avoid some things, I am working in a bank as PA to the state area manager, they started me with 11k march 2018 with promise of increase but till today I'm still earning 11k, pls note the 11k don't even take me through the month and basically not a single savings since I started.

Note I don't have any other thing to do for now but I think I'm hustling backward.

I meet people who say they want to work for free sef.

Guy, you don't have a job, probably and internship.

Even IT students where I work are paid 30k per month plus free lunch.

Gather the necessary skills you want from there , stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Duru009(m): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Professional begged !

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:
I stay in akwa ibom, getting a teaching job that pays to that amount is not easy
If can market solar products in Uyo and its environ I can strike u a deal.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Amhappy(f): 9:24am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

I am interested.
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by naijafox(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Baba I am really interested, can we chat on whatsapp, I sent you a pm
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by philip0906(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2019
BIXYBABE:
lols, d one am doing is private primary sch is 8k
You're earning 8K monthly? shocked Does it exclude other add-ons like feeding, allowance, transport or..?
Re: Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by goshen26: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2019
Emma4321:

Even A for Apple teachers don't collect 11k

Wat is wrong with you man? Get a teaching job at least for nw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FREE STAAD PRO Connect Edition Tutorial - for Structural Engineers in nigeria / Kennedy Ekezie Honored By The Queen Of England As One Of The "Young leaders" / Lagos Government To Prosecute Employer Who Assaulted Her Sales Girl (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.