Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player (30217 Views)

FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year / Reactions As Luka Modric Wins FIFA Men's Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
Krasid:
Surely Messi has no chance of winning this or the ballon d'or with his disasterclass at the Copa america and his impending ban. He should have been replaced with Bernardo Silva.
Messi should be replaced by Bernaldo Silva, hmmn grin
That means Ronaldo should be replaced by Mahrez because he won more trophies than him!! tongue

FIFA select the wrong Portugal player for the final nomination tho... The best Portuguese player that represents the success of Portugal in the UEFA Nations League is Bernaldo Silva not Ronaldo (who was hiding in Juventus until the semi final of the competition)

Bernaldo Silva was the best player of the UNL and won 5 Trophies in total.. How Ronaldo robbed him to be the flagbearer of Portugal in this final nomination still baffle me..

Icon of Popularity/corruption?? May be!!

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
Krasid:
Surely Messi has no chance of winning this or the ballon d'or with his disasterclass at the Copa america and his impending ban. He should have been replaced with Bernardo Silva.
Bronze medal is not disaster class!! Say something else!!!

Argentina rise in the FIFA ranking,..

Disaster don't make you to rise in FIFA ranking!!!
Messi spoke his mind against Comebol, if that is what you call a disaster then you don't know what it mean to be robbed.. VARsil!!!

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:

He even came 4th, piatek was ahead of him... grin

They definitely gave him because of marketing, that's why he keep appearing on nominations.
Thanks. I have adjusted it..
What baffle me most is that Ronaldo himself was campaigning for Ballon d'or on Instagram despite his above average season.. What an audacity!!!

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
kingDELE:
If Higuain that is useless to Chelsea can win Seria A as Juventus top man, aswear even our Iwobi will win Seria A back 2 back if he becomes Juventus top man 2day.
Exactly!!
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:

Thank you brother, thank you.... Let us make them understand! They will soon run away.

They thought we don't follow all leagues, we do...
You are welcome bro..
Ronaldo and his fan really have some guts shocked shocked
What an audacity!!!

I pity Bernaldo Silva tho!
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by gurunlocker: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
Thanks. I have adjusted it..
What baffle me most is that Ronaldo himself was campaigning for Ballon d'or on Instagram despite his above average season.. What an audacity!!!

I remember that post saying he won Seria A, Coupe de italia and UNL...

Maybe Sterling, Bernardo and Mahrez should also list their number of trophies If that will make them win the award.
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Evangkatsoulis: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:

Let me ask you a question!

About the player of the season, do you agree that was given to him because of marketing and more exposure he brought to Seria A and someone else should have won it?

If you think he deserve it, why?

You said he scored all of Juve knockout stage goals? What was he doing in the Group stage? I remember he scored just 1 goal.... If others didn't score, will they even qualify for knockout stage?

Answer reasonably. grin

No I don't agree. There is no reason to assume such as the award is voted.
I got a direct red in just 20 mins vs valencia and missed the 2nd game vs young boys. Group stages don't really matter as they were pitted against fodder teams like valencia, man united and young boys. Juve definitely would have survived the group without ororo. But on the big stage their attack was nullified, If not for CR7 they wouldn't have scored any goal against ajax or ATM.
Remember that Ronaldo scored only 2 goals in the 2016/17 champions league group stage and still won champions league best player for his efforts in the Knockout stages. Also remember than in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 la liga seasons Ronaldo scored less than 30 goals. So I don't know how he had a disaster season when premier league top scorers scored only 23 goals or less.

3 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:

I remember that post saying he won Seria A, Coupe de italia and UNL...

Maybe Sterling, Bernardo and Mahrez should also list their number of trophies If that will make them win the award.
I was shocked that day..

The funny part of the post:

"scorer of the winning goal in the final of Couoe de Italia"
"Hatrick against Atletico"
"Hatrick against Switzerland in the UNL"
Bla bla..
Didn't he win the MOTM awards for those games??
Why mentioning each game in order to pad the whole season performance!!

Ronaldo's audacity is at another level!!!

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Evangkatsoulis: 4:15pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
Serie A player of the season for coming 4th in goal chart and coming 3rd in assist chart in the same SerieA!!!
The SerieA should be ashamed of themselves.. They give Ronaldo that award at the expense of an Italian who had an excellent tournament (Quagrilera will never be better than he was last season!!) just because of CR7 fame power..

Juventus will win SerieA even if Ronaldo decide to play only the UCL throughout the season... Higuain has done it for them in the previous season.. SerieA win by Juventus should not affect the deserved rewards of Quagrilera for his fantastic season!!
He deserves to be the SerieA best player ahead of Ronaldo! (26 goals 8 assists) is better than (21 goals 8 assists) obviously!!!

If it is by goals Griezmann wouldn't have won La liga best in 2015/16 and Eden Hazard shouldn't win any awards. And how many Penalties did Quagilera score out of 26 goals. How many matches did he Start/play vs CR7.
How many matches did he score a goal compared to games played vs CR7.

5 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by gurunlocker: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

No I don't agree. There is no reason to assume such as the award is voted.
I got a direct red in just 20 mins vs valencia and missed the 2nd game vs young boys. Group stages don't really matter as they were pitted against fodder teams like valencia, man united and young boys. Juve definitely would have survived the group without ororo. But on the big stage their attack was nullified, If not for CR7 they wouldn't have scored any goal against ajax or ATM.
Remember that Ronaldo scored only 2 goals in the 2016/17 champions league group stage and still won champions league best player for his efforts in the Knockout stages. Also remember than in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 la liga seasons Ronaldo scored less than 30 goals. So I don't know how he had a disaster season when premier league top scorers scored only 23 goals or less.

Thats how Ronaldo has always been for 5 to 6 years now, not consistent!

He won't perform well from September to February, then start scoring brace and hat trick and then boom, win the award grin grin.. You can argue that!

Please don't compare premier league to any other leagues...

So because they can play without Ronaldo in the group stage, their effort should be written off? You forgot they lost 2 games in the GS which could have been disastrous?

It's funny you said GS doesn't matter grin... Mehn! I love Ronaldo fan.. I'm sure you won't say this if he scored 7 goals in GS, but no goal in KS till they get kicked out.

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by uunwanaobong3: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
Cityfirstborn:
Even Fifa is jealous of man city treble success. Bernardo Silva and Sterling had far better success ahead of mane, salah, Kane, de jong, Ronalo, and even hazard... What a bias organization

My guy I am also sock ooo, mancity wey win every trophies for England, no get even one player on that list..... FIFA and EUFA hatred for mancity is legendary, na why you see as all of them (fifa, eufa, primier league, fa, and Spanish league) dey investigate mancity despite lack of evidence. So Stirling and bernado Silva wasn't good enough for them.....

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by gurunlocker: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

If it is by goals Griezmann wouldn't have won La liga best in 2015/16 and Eden Hazard shouldn't win any awards. And how many Penalties did Quagilera score out of 26 goals. How many matches did he Start/play vs CR7.

Ronaldo played most of Juve league match, he wasn't consistent when the league started and he scored 5 penalties out of his 21 goals.

He started brace around Nov, Dec, Jan maybe Feb, he didn't score league goal till the last league match.... I'm sure that's consistency?
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Laurene: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
Boc007:
Ladies and gentlemen.
Put your money where your mouth is.
On nairabet. Virgil Van dijk to win is 1.78 odd Followed by Messi @2.50 odd. Rinaldo @7 odd Mane @ 5.5 odd Salah @ 8 odd
i will remind you after Ronaldo wins this

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Laurene: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
Olumeme:
I still don't understand what Ronaldo is doing on that list where his countryman Bernado Silva was far better.
Raheem sterling was better.

World footballer of the year shouldn't just be about champions league alone.

But Congratulations to Lionel Messi In advance nobody was even 50% closer to him.
ok carry am go give Messi na

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Laurene: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:

Point out to where I shot myself in the leg!

I've been reading your post since, you does not sound intelligent.... grin grin
shut up joor
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

What about Quagrilera assists??
What about the quality of teammates he played with??

Hazard is a creator, not a goal predator like Ronaldo. He is measured by his Playmaking impact and partly goals..
Using Hazard as a comparison to Ronaldo output is unsuitable...
Ronaldo is measured by goals as a predator kind of player!! He improved in assists last season but he was not even the top assist provider in Italy unlike Hazard who was the king of assists provision /chances creation in the EPL!!

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Laurene: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:
My reasonable people, abeg ignore Beverlyjean

It's obvious he or she has nothing upstairs grin grin

I always know someone set of Ronaldo fan not to be sensible, but your own is like zee world. grin
mugu of the highest order

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by gurunlocker: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
shut up joor

Are you kidding me? I should shut up because we are having arguments that we won't get paid? WTF! shocked shocked
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Laurene: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
tfash96:
maybe u should watch Messi's games again last season.. Which Messi performed by goals only last season? U don't know what u re saying..

U mean he didn't dribble,didn't create chances,didn't give unbelievable passes? Maybe u should be watching games of Messi once in a while
ronaldo performed and won more trophies than Messi last season overall

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by uunwanaobong3: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
So is Allison, Gabriel Jesus, Bernaldo Silva(he is even the best in UNL), Mahrez and Alves!!!

Club and Country crew#

Bernaldo is the best tho, with 5 Trophies and 2 individual best awards!!!

Talent without Power is meaningless undecided
Bernaldo Silva is robbed!!!

I must confess that at times I feel sorry for BENARDO Silva, he was agguabily the best player in the world last season in terms of performance and trophies.. the only problem is that may be he is not popular with the governing body and the people because he plays for mancity, he is not a show man, he doesn't talk much, he is more of a team player, he doesn't command marketing hype, and he doesn't play for real Madrid and Barcelona that is why he is not being recognized
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
uunwanaobong3:

I must confess that at times I feel sorry for BENARDO Silva, he was agguabily the best player in the world last season in terms of performance and trophies.. the only problem is that may be he is not popular with the governing body and the people because he plays for mancity, he is not a show man, he doesn't talk much, he is more of a team player, he doesn't command marketing hype, and he doesn't play for real Madrid and Barcelona that is why he is not being recognized
I think Cristiano is not the right flag bearer of Portugal in that final nomination list... Bernaldo Silva is the true representation of Portugal domination of the UNL, being the best player of the tournament!!!

They just sidelined him as if he is nothing...

But Harry Kane makes the final 10?? That is serious!!!

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by tfash96(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
I rest my case.. Penaldo fans won't listen

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by DaGC(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
It's funny how all these football 'analysts' can't talk about those not deserving of being in the top ten, but arguing about someone who deserved to make the list

How una dey watch una football sef undecided

Or am I the only 1 seeing Harry Kane there?

FYI, the only 1 I expected to not just only make the list , but win it is not there. I think he truly deserved it. And no be Bernardo Silva o grin

Cause 3 Golden gloves in 3 major competitions (and a new record in 1 of them) in the same year is no joke

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Blabbermouth: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
Beverlyjean:

U saying nonsense ... So now it's not about goals cos Ronaldo powered that season... Then Messi doesn't deserve it cos he only performed by goals
Messi only performed by goals?. See as dem dey bash ur ignorance...
A girl once said "Ballon d'or is the koko". I don't want to hear any noise again come December.

1 Like

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Blabbermouth: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2019
gurunlocker:
My reasonable people, abeg ignore Beverlyjean

It's obvious he or she has nothing upstairs grin grin

I always know someone set of Ronaldo fan not to be sensible, but your own is like zee world. grin
Beverlyjean was my long time debate mate. It pains meh the way u guys are bashing her with solid points. She Is very informed, but always want things her way, even if it means skewing facts and stats.
Can you imagine sm1 saying
1. Messi only contributed by goals last season
2. SerieA is more competitive than Laliga
3. Ronaldo deserved to be in the top 10 spot because he just joined juventus.
My guy Chanchit don answer her tho no need toh stress mahself.

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Blabbermouth: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2019
Laurene:
eni4real and Jokerman, come and see this one oo
Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
Blabbermouth:

The guy is very funny..
SerieA is to Juventus as Ligue 1 is to PSG!!!

Ronaldo was hiding in Juventus throughout the season until the semi finals of the UNL when he joined Portugal team tho...

Short cut to success!!!

Bernaldo Silva is definitely robbed!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Jokerman(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Messi
Laliga

Ronaldo
SerieA
COPPA italia
UNL

4 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Krasid(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
Bronze medal is not disaster class!! Say something else!!!

Argentina rise in the FIFA ranking,..

Disaster don't make you to rise in FIFA ranking!!!
Messi spoke his mind against Comebol, if that is what you call a disaster then you don't know what it mean to be robbed.. VARsil!!!
He flopped at the tournament and was carried by the strikers who were constantly criticized for not performing. 1 penalty goal, 1 assist, 1 red card, a ban and zero MOTM. It was a disasterclass.

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Jokerman(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
The guy is very funny..
SerieA is to Juventus as Ligue 1 is to PSG!!!

Ronaldo was hiding in Juventus throughout the season until the semi finals of the UNL when he joined Portugal team tho...

Short cut to success!!!

Bernaldo Silva is definitely robbed!!!

Oga Ronaldo won SerieA best player

2 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by TFLASHOGEE(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
if messi fans can justify and defend his poor performance in Copa America then you guys have no business in questioning we Ronaldo fans on him being included on the list cause we ain't FIFA, one idiot even said messi poor performance was due to Comebol hatred for him and justify Ronaldo losing out to modric as Madrid factor which isn't messi business, so how is Ronaldo inclusion your business and if you have problem with that you can take your time to write to FIFA and stop displaying ignorance on here. that name Ronaldo just gives you Hater's night mare and siffia pain.

4 Likes

Re: Virgil Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah & Sadio Mane Named On 2019 Best FIFA Men's Player by Jokerman(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
eni4real:
What about Quagrilera assists??
What about the quality of teammates he played with??

Hazard is a creator, not a goal predator like Ronaldo. He is measured by his Playmaking impact and partly goals..
Using Hazard as a comparison to Ronaldo output is unsuitable...
Ronaldo is measured by goals as a predator kind of player!! He improved in assists last season but he was not even the top assist provider in Italy unlike Hazard who was the king of assists provision /chances creation in the EPL!!

Tell us any Madrid player now and before, that had/has more assists than Ronaldo in Madrid shirt??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"We Will Beat Iceland, Argentina To Qualify" — Rohr / "Barcelona Preparing For Life After Lionel Messi" - President Bartomeu / Cristiano Ronaldo Unfollows Real Madrid On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.