Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria (897 Views)

Afrima Award: Tiwa Savage Wins The Best Female Artiste In West Africa / "Phyno Is No Longer Part Of Any Conversation" - Music Journalist, Joey Akan / Brymo Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by OnlineWell(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
Phyno's strength seems to be his sweet rap flows, his swag, body movements when rapping, and his electrifying stage performances. These are features you would find in an American hip hop artist or a rock star. He merged everything with his impressive word play to become who he is today. He has also proved to be a versatile rapper who can flow on any beat/genre.

As a matter of fact, in the past 2 years or there about, he has made more hits than 2face idibia, M.I. and D'banj combined together. Only if there was anything close to a real and credible musical awards in Nigeria, Phyno's wardrobe would be filled with plaques by now. His hit singles, like 'Parcel', should have won him countless awards in a better organised music industry.

But in this country where focus is on some 'big artists', it has even become a tall order to get Phyno up there among the top guys. In order words... he's one of the most underrated artists in the industry.

He is one of the most consistent rappers and a discerning ear could tell that he strives to get better every time. He commands great follower-ship among music lovers, thereby winning more fans for his genre. His collaborations with Olamide, Falz on Iceprince's song 'Feel Good' and his nice delively on his International songs 'N.W.A' with Wale and 'One Chance' with Kranium are few from his impressive resume. He's one of the few rappers in Nigeria that can stand Ghana's Sarkodie, if not better sef.

Phyno's revolution in the industry is too huge to be unnoticed. The earlier we start giving Phyno the attention and commendations he deserves, the better. Did i forget to say he is also a singer and a music producer. This guy is truly the man of the year. You guys should dust your speakers, as his third album dropping this month is going to blow your minds.

Re: Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by blujoi(m): 1:07am On Aug 02, 2019
Awards or not, Phyno is in a class of his own!! I don’t know of any Nigerian musician that has dropped hits back to back, his word play is unrivaled!!

1 Like

Re: Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 02, 2019
Just do your research. Actually study Phyno lyrically and he is one of the greats. He has the ability to connect with people, and his flow is good and consistent. To me, there is no GOAT, there are only legends. Is PHYNO one? Yes. But then again, He made RAP in Igbo go viral

1 Like

Re: Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by OnlineWell(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
Idibia18:
Just do your research. Actually study Phyno lyrically and he is one of the greats. He has the ability to connect with people, and his flow is good and consistent. To me, there is no GOAT, there are only legends. Is PHYNO one? Yes. But then again, He made RAP in Igbo go viral
Indeed, he is a living legend!
Re: Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by OnlineWell(m): 2:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
blujoi:
Awards or not, Phyno is in a class of his own!! I don’t know of any Nigerian musician that has dropped hits back to back, his word play is unrivaled!!
I respect him for that, his consistency and lyrical content is something I admire a lot.
Re: Why Phyno Is The Most Underated Artiste In Nigeria by exstreve: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
Even as a non igbo, I know he is 100X better than olamide

(1) (Reply)

DJ Lawy Ft. Blaqdee, Hypeman Pedro – Ori / Oxlade — Ojoro / Ckay Ft. Olamide – Wahala (Official Video) Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.