Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

"Brown People" another ethnic group in America - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "Brown People" another ethnic group in America (3695 Views)

Where Did African-Americans Get This "Black And Brown People " Stuff ? / Largest Ethnic Groups In Niger Republic (Hausa 54%) / Trump Ends Obama’s 12-year Run As ‘most-admired Man In America. (2) (3) (4)

"Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
There is now another ethnic group in the US: Brown people. grin.
Why all this nonsense ?
Black, White, Brown, maybe yellow and red later.
America is so inclined to seeing skin color
people wonder when is this going to stop.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by Jaysolu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
panafrican:
Why all this nonsense ?
But you can't compare some kind of black people to others
some people are literally black asin charcoal black
while others like me are chocolate
so no one can blame them
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by CTPlayer: 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
A lot of blacks are not black, a lot of whites are not white. A lot of Indian Americans are darker that "blacks". USA also uses "Asian" which is a giant area that has all kinds of people living there. Hispanic is nothing more that coming from a Spanish speaking country. Kenya has about 45 different ethnic boxes one can check.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 3:31am On Aug 02, 2019
Jaysolu:
But you can't compare some kind of black people to others
some people are literally black asin charcoal black
while others like me are chocolate
so no one can blame them
Is that important ? Seriously
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 5:58am On Aug 02, 2019
Brown skin is sometimes used when describing the Mexicans, in Brazil the word "Pardo or moreno" is mostly used to describe people of mixed race (black/white) Pardo means brown, while the Americans see some Mexicans as brown, the Brazilians see mixed race people as brown.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
The problem in America is the overwhelming gravity of
Nordic European culture, always looking for baseless racial superiority .
Only a good dictator can straight up things out there.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by morpheus24: 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
panafrican:
Why all this nonsense ?

like another person mention, the US has been obsessed with skin color so much so that it is ingrained in their psyche. A disease that will eventually manifests itself in stupidity.

Anyone that wishes to follow them in this folly is doomed to that same stupidity as well.

The world is bigger than the boundaries of the USA.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2019
morpheus24:

like another person mention, the US has been obsessed with skin color so much so that it is ingrained in their psyche. A disease that will eventually manifests itself in stupidity.

Anyone that wishes to follow them in this folly is doomed to that same stupidity as well.

100%. truth !
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by CTPlayer: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
morpheus24:

Media driven more so. And you also get people on social media trying push narratives.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by morpheus24: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2019
CTPlayer:

Media driven more so. And you also get people on social media trying push narratives.

Couple of weeks ago I was arguing with a girl who runs a radio station who mentioned that she brought up the topic about how Chris bound had made a comment about only wanting to mess with the chics wih "good hair" and apparently this upset a lot of people in the black-brown community as to why Chris bound should held accountable for this.

I couldn't stop laughing at her. my first response was who the hell is Chris brown in the first place, some light skinned son of biracial lady who obviously is as confused about his ethnicity or race as are many Black people in America.

Why should I care. I grew up around women that were darker skinned, far more coarse hair and fare more stronger African features and so did a lot of us, hasn't deterred us from marrying our own kind neither has there been a wave of Africans marrying "up" the racial lines to acquire this trait( some do though but that's another topic in of itself).

The overall point is please stop giving emphasis to things that can be easily explained by more note worthy means such as science or genetic inheritance or natural selection and educate your people.

Mind you this girl who I was conversing with is of mixed heritage who's hair is nothing close to an average African's hair texture that is considered "non-good" hair.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by bjnorl: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Brown skin is sometimes used when describing the Mexicans, in Brazil the word "Pardo or moreno" is mostly used to describe people of mixed race (black/white) Pardo means brown, while the Americans see some Mexicans as brown, the Brazilians see mixed race people as brown.
Not only. In Brazil brown people are mestizos ( mixed amerindian with Europeans) and mulattos. ( Example mestizo and Mulatto) 1 - mestizo 2 - Mulatto

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2019
bjnorl:
Not only. In Brazil brown people are mestizos ( mixed amerindian with Europeans) and mulattos. ( Example mestizo and Mulatto) 1 - mestizo 2 - Mulatto
nice, your explanation and definition of brown skin people meets standard, muchacha mulattas eres bonita.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2019
Heard those who see themselves as Brown people are no different from White supremacists toward Black people.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by morpheus24: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
bjnorl:

There are several shades of brown. Techinically speaking most Africans are dark brown in complexion even though we use the term "black" to define them.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by Rosskiki: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
I just see America going down the precipice. All this Trump stuff is heading to a decisive head. The question is if, and by how much, the mayhem he's unleashing will extend to the rest of the world. Remember he commands their nuclear weapons.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by bjnorl: 4:25am On Aug 11, 2019
mysticwarrior:
muchacha mulattas eres bonita.
They are Brazilians actresses. Eres bonita is spanish language. Brazilians speak Portuguese. Lol.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 10:00am On Aug 11, 2019
bjnorl:
They are Brazilians actresses. Eres bonita is spanish language. Brazilians speak Portuguese. Lol.
I know Brazilians speak Portuguese, I just used Spanish to express the beautiful of mullato women, Brazil is not the only country that has mullatos, there are large populations of mullatos in Colombia, Dominican Rep, Cuba, and Puerto Rico, and these countries speak Spanish.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by bjnorl: 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
mysticwarrior:
I know Brazilians speak Portuguese, I just used Spanish to express the beautiful of mullato women, Brazil is not the only country that has mullatos, there are large populations of mullatos in Colombia, Dominican Rep, Cuba, and Puerto Rico, and these countries speak Spanish.
Yes I know. In my opinion we ( Brazil) have the most beautiful mulattos. But doen'st matter African Brazilians are beautiful in all shades. Brazilian actress Cris Vianna is stunning. She look like a black Barbie.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by panafrican(m): 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Translated to English one of the girls' given names in my tribe is
" Skin color does not determine a woman " ,.
Which also means
" Skin color is not the Wife" .
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
bjnorl:
Yes I know. In my opinion we ( Brazil) have the most beautiful mulattos. But doen'st matter African Brazilians are beautiful in all shades. Brazilian actress Cris Vianna is stunning. She look like a black Barbie.
cris vianna is a definition of beauty, Brazilian women are graced with outstanding beauty and you can found them all over Brazil, from the Aristocractic residence to the streets and favelas of sao Paulo, Porto Allegre, Brasilia, Rio del Janeiro, and Salvador Bahia, God himself blessed mullatas with exceptional beauty, bellow is the 2015 miss Japan, her name is Ariana miyamoto and she is half black half Japanese.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by morpheus24: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
bjnorl:
I would like to add that a Mulatto technically is a child of an African and a European as opposed to a Mestizo. If this is agreed upon then in fact Brazilians in general will fall percentile-wise somewhere between all three ethno groups: African, European and Native American.

96% of the Africans taken ended up in South America and only 4% in America.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by compton11(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2019
bjnorl:
most of those mullatoes in Brazil are bastards,they always side with the white again the dark skin Brazilian for the fact that the whites are oppressing them too,they are also involve in racial whitening of Brazil
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by morpheus24: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
compton11:
most of those mullatoes in Brazil are bastards,they always side with the white again the dark skin Brazilian for the fact that the whites are oppressing them too,they are also involve in racial whitening of Brazil

Please can you show us proof of this or are you just mouthing off like a typical ignorant Nigerian.

Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by HORRORIZON: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2019
bjnorl:

Nothing spacial. Nice looking, but AA spit out women like that and better like hotcakes. Our problem is our as a whole, not just our women "shitty hard attitudes". Actually it's Americans period. It depletes from our attractiveness, to many outsiders. But guess what, most really don't give a fck about that either. Lol grin
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by HORRORIZON: 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
mysticwarrior:
cris vianna is a definition of beauty, Brazilian women are graced with outstanding beauty and you can found them all over Brazil, from the Aristocractic residence to the streets and favelas of sao Paulo, Porto Allegre, Brasilia, Rio del Janeiro, and Salvador Bahia, God himself blessed mullatas with exceptional beauty, bellow is the 2015 miss Japan, her name is Ariana miyamoto and she is half black half Japanese.

Again; dime a dozen here.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by bjnorl: 1:56am On Aug 12, 2019
compton11:
You're not wrong about racial whitening in Brazil. But not all mullatoes. Racial whitening? Really? Is the opposite.Brazil have the stereotype of full black country. Many people around the world think that only blacks live in Brazil. Lol. Except in soap operas Brazil only shows black people..
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by compton11(m): 7:37am On Aug 12, 2019
bjnorl:
You're not wrong about racial whitening in Brazil. But not all mullatoes. Racial whitening? Really? Is the opposite.Brazil have the stereotype of full black country. Many people around the world think that only blacks live in Brazil. Lol. Except in soap operas Brazil only shows black people..
all sectors in Brazil are dominate by the whites,u will only see blacks in sports,especially in football,and all of those idiot national team Brazil black players marry whites except JO,thiago silva and Ramirez, ronaldhino even marry two white girls.

u said u are Brazilian, so which race are u in Brazil?
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by compton11(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2019
morpheus24:

Please can you show us proof of this or are you just mouthing off like a typical ignorant Nigerian.
Oga just shut up there, u are free to go and read about this.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by compton11(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
HORRORIZON:

TRUTH!

For the Brazilian guy: Woman in first pic matched. Actually, surpassed.
[img] https://images.app./PMCo2zmqwyiwMdjr6[/img]
[img]https://images.app./tmBTjjkw3rWemWuP7[/img]

Blasians? Yeah, we've got loads of them too. Lol Here's 3 of them to look at. Lol
[img]https://images.app./69ay16wntNXzx3xj9[/img] [img]https://images.app./sQ8fKXCpvTpEqPh88[/img]
[img]https://images.app./oat5hefAeZ6aqXQ96[/img]
if they keep doing this and Brazil became whites only nation,that means the work and suffering of afro Brazilians slaves was in vain.
those so called mullato are Dominican, Brazil and Puerto Rico don't like to identified themselves with dark skins, Rinaldo de Lima once called himself white and neymar followed the same path,but neymar was facing racism and he keep quiet on it.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2019
compton11:
if they keep doing this and Brazil became whites only nation,that means the work and suffering of afro Brazilians slaves was in vain.
those so called mullato are Dominican, Brazil and Puerto Rico don't like to identified themselves with dark skins, Rinaldo de Lima once called himself white and neymar followed the same path,but neymar was facing racism and he keep quiet on it.
you are right, I also read about how Ronaldo de Lima and Neymar called themselves white, but they are very wrong, if you look at neymar today he looks more like black, most mullato children looks more white in their childhood, but when they reached the age of 25 they looked more like black, when they are 40 and above the black features completely overwhelmed the white feature, Look at Alex iwobi's father, Reuben Agboola, even Osaze odemwingie is now looking more African then when we saw him in Tunisia 2004.
Re: "Brown People" another ethnic group in America by mysticwarrior(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2019
compton11:
agreed there are some mullatos that were born out of wedlock in Brazil, but there are sizable numbers of mullatos and mullatas that came into existence as a result of interacial marriage which has completely engulfed the Brazilian society.

Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal / Zimbabweans Are Suffering, 175 Quadrillion Local Zimbabweans Dollars Is $5USD / World War 3 Is Now Inevitable - China

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60