Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age (3295 Views)

OAU VC: Our Son Was Schemed Out - Ile-Ife Indigenes / Help!! I Got Disqualified By LASU Due To Wrong Utme Subject Combination / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by muykem: 7:43am On Aug 02, 2019
My son scored 260 in JAMB and cleared his SSCE with 6 As but i was surprised when they told me that minimum acceptable age in LASU is 16years. Please what can i do for him not to waste one year and money already spent.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by shakushakuist(f): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2019
Speechless
Failed country

cry
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by WebLab: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:
My son scored 260 in JAMB and cleared his SSCE with 6 As but i was surprised when they told me that minimum acceptable age in LASU is 16years. Please what can i do for him not to waste one year and money already spent.

Let him continue reading while waiting and enjoying for another year.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2019
......Please what can i do for him not to waste one year and money already spent.
16 years as the minimum acceptable age is not that bad.
Enrol your ward in one of the many good Computer/ IT related centers we have around.

No knowledge is lost.
All the very best to him for the future.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by muykem: 7:58am On Aug 02, 2019
post=80856947:

I6 years as the minimum acceptable age is not that bad.
Enrol your ward in one of the many good Computer/ IT related centers we have around.

No knowledge is lost.
All the very best to him for the future.
Thanks.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:
Thanks.
Welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by helinues: 8:01am On Aug 02, 2019
Try private university

Your boy deserves scholarship

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Afamed: 8:01am On Aug 02, 2019
shakushakuist:
Speechless
Failed country

cry
But there is a stipulated age requirement before admission in every University or you are not aware of this?
Even in US, they have age requirement before you can be admitted either in College/ University. Don't always expose your ignorance on social media

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Mynd44: 8:02am On Aug 02, 2019
You amd him should spend the 12 months reading the JAMB prospectus.

Should be a bonding experience too

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Davash222(m): 8:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Get him a skill till he’s up to 16. Everything is not all about Book Book. He can use one year to learn a skill and then continue with his studies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Afamed: 8:04am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:
The admission can be deferred nothing like wasting of money but it's a known standard in most universities that they do not admit anyone less than 16.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by shakushakuist(f): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2019
Mynd44:
You amd him should spend the 12 months reading the JAMB prospectus.

Should be a bonding experience too

grin grin grin LMFAO!
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Guzel: 8:15am On Aug 02, 2019
If you have the cash, take him to private university or foreign education.
I know it’s not easy keeping such a sound mind at home. It will affect his psychology. If the cash is not there, lead him to acquire a skill that’s related to his course of interest

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Jackossky(m): 8:37am On Aug 02, 2019
Wow. I don't think it's a good idea sending a child of 15years to a public Nigerian university. Do you still like him? If yes, then enrol him in a vocational job. See, 16 years is not too bad, atleast, let him have a feel of what the world entails. It's not by pushing him, he will easily get intimidated, harassed and even bullied. Forget any kind of dominant personality you think he might have, if allowed to be in Uni at that age, he would surely be (clears throat)

I support the idea of him learning a skill. Why not learn a package in programming if he is that good or learn French? Your choice

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by GideonOludayomi(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2019
Your son is obviously still an adolescent and considering the baggages we are dealing with in those institutions, you should really appreciate their gesture as a favour.

If you love your child, painstakingly send him to a disciplined private uni, send him abroad or at worst, enroll him in institutions where he can acquire sound technical trainings.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by NL1960: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Afamed:

But there is a stipulated age requirement before admission in every University or you are not aware of this?
Even in US, they have age requirement before you can be admitted either in College/ University. Don't always expose your ignorance on social media

Do not mind the OP. They will not read prospectus nor read admission requirements. Any little thing, they rush to social media. When they say that a child should be minimum of 10 years before entering secondary school, they will ignore and claim that the child is a genius and got double promotion in primary school and that was why the child was sent to secondary at age 8 or 9. I have a staff working in my organization that the parents rushed through secondary and finished at 14 years. The child now had to wait for 2 years at home before entering university and i wonder what was the essence of the rush in the first place?.

Anyway, the OP should send the child to a private university as most of them do not have age restriction.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Afamed: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2019
shakushakuist:

grin grin grin LMFAO!
Typical lazy youth like you will continue to learn from experience
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by barapistis(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:

Jupeb

He will be 16 by next year

September joining them at 200 levels

Only below average Nigerians and those with less knowledge do jamb or utme

The rich don't waste their lives on this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by NL1960: 9:40am On Aug 02, 2019
barapistis:

Jupeb

He will be 16 by next year

September joining them at 200 levels

Only below average Nigerians and those with less knowledge do jamb or utme

The rich don't waste their lives on this

Does JUPEB guarantee automatic entry into 200 level espercially for the competitive courses?.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by ubcandid(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2019
"All the money spent" ... I hope it's not what I'm thinking. That's by the way. I suggest you strongly follow up on the admission and make sure it is deferred so he doesn't lose the slot and try enrolling him for a computer program like internet marketing or web development courses.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2019
NL1960:

Does JUPEB guarantee automatic entry into 200 level espercially for the competitive courses?.

It doesn't guarantee admission just as your son's jamb and O/level doesn't guarantee it either. However, if you some is as good as his results are, he'd get it for competitive courses. Medicine is the most competitive. 16 point or nothing.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by barapistis(m): 10:36am On Aug 02, 2019
NL1960:

Jupeb and Cambridge alevels guarantees

Automatic 200l admissions
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by NL1960: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:

Last year, a student cleared JAMB and WAEC to go to Unilag but Unilag refused because the boy was 15 years old. Iam sure you read that as it was all over the internet. Even the VC came out to say that it is only the Senate of the University that can grant a waiver as he does not have the power to grant the waiver.

Btw, what exactly do you mean by "and money already spent"?. I do not want to make assumptions.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Lagschools: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2019
16 is the minimum age for students trying to gain admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by NL1960: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2019
BananaTree:

It doesn't guarantee admission just as your son's jamb and O/level doesn't guarantee it either. However, if you some is as good as his results are, he'd get it for competitive courses. Medicine is the most competitive. 16 point or nothing.

I was wondering because i see Jupeb as former 'A' levels programme during the era of 5 years in secondary and for you to enter 200L for some of the most competitive courses, you need to score a high point. The grading for 'A' levels then was A, B, C, D, E, F with A as 5 points, B as 4 points, C as 3 points, D as 2 points, E as 1 point and F as 0 point. A result of AAA(15 points) or AAB(14 points) or ABB(13 points) most times guarantees entry into any of the most competitive courses.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Londonboyrep(m): 10:56am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:

15 Years is too young and immature to go to University - the statistics don't look good. I was a child prodigy myself and went to Uni at 15 and guess what? Messed up big time ending up spending 10years and graduated from my third University losing all my earlier advantage and at great cost to my long-suffering parents. Not saying some don't make a success of it but the majority don't and often get influenced negatively by their older more experienced school mates. As people have suggested on here let your child spend the time productively acquiring a life skill or even a trial period away from home with a relative you can trust. Trust me on this Nigerian universities are a den of wolves - no disrespect to anyone. Even at 16, the child needs to be monitored very very closely. my two cents from someone with first-hand experience of this scenario.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by Kingrexyl(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2019
Leave that kid he should go learn some skills first
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by muykem: 11:31am On Aug 02, 2019
NL1960:

Last year, a student cleared JAMB and WAEC to go to Unilag but Unilag refused because the boy was 15 years old. Iam sure you read that as it was all over the internet. Even the VC came out to say that it is only the Senate of the University that can grant a waiver as he does not have the power to grant the waiver.

Btw, what exactly do you mean by "and money already spent"?. I do not want to make assumptions.
I mean money spent on JAMB form.
Re: Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age by NL1960: 11:49am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:
I mean money spent on JAMB form.

How much is JAMB form that you are so worried about?.

You can send him to a private university then so as not to waste the JAMB form money. They are now all over the place and they will gladly take such a child prodigy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodnews : ASUU Strike To Be Called off / Waec Grading. / Nigerian Army Officer Emerges Best Law Student In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.