Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,683 members, 7,801,966 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony (14679 Views)

Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech / FG Launchs Solar Hybrid Plants In Four Universities, Fifth In UNIMAID / Solar Hybrid Mini-Grid: REA Electrifies Ogun State Community After 200 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by todaysecho: 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will on Friday, commission a 2.8MW Solar Hybrid power plant at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo(FUNAI).

“VP Osinbajo in Enugu airport enroute Ebonyi to commission a 2.8MW Solar Hybrid power plant @ Fed University Ndufu Alike Ikwo. It’s the 1st of what ‘ll happen in all fed uni & teaching hospitals in the Next Level agenda of the Buhari administration. Ebonyi and Enugu Govs with VP.” Laolu Akande, Osinbajo’s media aide said on Friday afternoon.

Today’s Echo gathers that the project is the initiative of the Rural Electrification Across Nigeria(REA
The Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) is a relatively young Nigerian University located in Ndufu Alike Ikwo Local Government Area in the South Eastern State of Ebonyi.

According to Damilola Ogunbiyi, MD/CEO, REA, in a bid to foster female participation in the power sector, under the EEP STEM Female Internship Programme, 20 female students at FUNAI, received technical and practical training during the construction phase of this project

The Vice President is expected to share his thoughts on renewable energy, commission the FUNAI solar hybrid facility and take a tour around the facility.

Today’s Echo gathered that the Solar Hybrid Power project currently powers 287 street lights installed at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ebonyi state spanning 7.5km

https://www.todaysecho.com/features/osinbajo-to-commission-solar-hybrid-power-plant-in-alex-ekwueme-university-ebonyi/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice

Streets needs to light up at night

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by PrinceKevin01: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good that the African Leaders are Beginning to understand the power of Hydro Electricity. More such projects please. Nigeria belongs to us all!

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by obi4eze(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2019
angry
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by ehirosplusbiz(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
Good move
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by YorubaHero12: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2019
I thought some people said it was a state government project yesterday when this news reached the front page.

Well, they gotta make sure those of other universities are completed so that our citadel of learning can get off the national grid and students can have a new lease of life.

Although the Buhari government is too slow but they are carrying out some major projects that are essential and tailored towards the benefit of the common man.

God bless Raji Fashola the innovative minister
God bless Osinbajo
God bless Nigeria.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Guestlander: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2019
Isn't it the same project some ipob dude was gloating about?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by wink2015(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2019
todaysecho:
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will on Friday, commission a 2.8MW Solar Hybrid power plant at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo(FUNAI).

“VP Osinbajo in Enugu airport enroute Ebonyi to commission a 2.8MW Solar Hybrid power plant @ Fed University Ndufu Alike Ikwo. It’s the 1st of what ‘ll happen in all fed uni & teaching hospitals in the Next Level agenda of the Buhari administration. Ebonyi and Enugu Govs with VP.” Laolu Akande, Osinbajo’s media aide said on Friday afternoon.

Today’s Echo gathers that the project is the initiative of the Rural Electrification Across Nigeria(REA
The Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) is a relatively young Nigerian University located in Ndufu Alike Ikwo Local Government Area in the South Eastern State of Ebonyi.

According to Damilola Ogunbiyi, MD/CEO, REA, in a bid to foster female participation in the power sector, under the EEP STEM Female Internship Programme, 20 female students at FUNAI, received technical and practical training during the construction phase of this project

The Vice President is expected to share his thoughts on renewable energy, commission the FUNAI solar hybrid facility and take a tour around the facility.

Today’s Echo gathered that the Solar Hybrid Power project currently powers 287 street lights installed at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ebonyi state spanning 7.5km

https://www.todaysecho.com/features/osinbajo-to-commission-solar-hybrid-power-plant-in-alex-ekwueme-university-ebonyi/

Shame on Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan that the federal university Otuoke is yet to record any developmental strides.

He that gave some federal university ended up turning his own federal university Otuoke a glorified college.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Nemesis909: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
If only Nigerians understood the significance of this laudable project.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by MVLOX(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2019
Nice one
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by olatunyemi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2019
They might not be proactive as we want, but this administration has the populace in mind

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Simplyleo: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
God bless my president with effect from 29 May 23.

Hausas love you
Igbos love you (not ipob miscreants)
Yorubas love you
Fulanis love you
Itsekiris love you
Urhobos love you
Igalas love you
Kanuris love you
Benis love you
To mention but a few.

The coast is clear for you star boy

Pls children of perdition should concentrate on athifku cum and shouldn't quote me, I'm not feeling fine. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by BuhariNaWah: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
where is Ebony?

Buhari na wah o cheesy
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by JAWBONE(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
Watch how poverty-stricken Nigerians will try to appropriate this wonderful project to their tribe's ingenuity. Rather than celebrate it, some misguided ignorant folks here will want to score it as a victory for their ethnic group.

P.S. I'm referring to anybody who would bring tribe into this. I'm NOT singling out any tribe here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by PennywysCares(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2019
federal contribution is not have of that project

but now they are out to commission it

fools only wait for where people effort are ready made for them to commission and take the glory
thereafter acclaimed it

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
Good that the African Leaders are Beginning to understand the power of Hydro ElectricityMore such projects please. Nigeria belongs to us all!

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by NIXEL: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2019
U no dey tire?

incminx61049:
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by veraponpo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Fashola mentioned it during his ministerial screening. He said there are many other institutions at various level of completion of power generations.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by PennywysCares(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2019
incminx61049:

you this idiot God will punish you if you don't desist from your betting stuff on this platform
fraudster looking for a way to defraud innocent people

allow us to read meaningful things on this platform biko

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by kelvinUchiha(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2019
Negative Nigerians wouldnt like it. Naija go better lass lass

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by humblesteve(m): 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2019
We shall get there one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by kinem(m): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2019
BuhariNaWah:
where is Ebony?

Buhari na wah o cheesy

It is my state in the Eastern part of Nigeria. Sharing border with Abia. Enugu. Cross River & Benue State.

Buhari thank you on this one even if haters dislike the project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Kharol1234: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
ebony ko black beauty ni

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by YorubaHero12: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
PennywysCares:
federal contribution is not have of that project

but now they are out to commission it

fools only wait for where people effort are ready made for them to commission and take the glory
thereafter acclaimed it

My friend I think you may be the bigger fool here coz the project is 100% owned by the federal government.

The one being built at FUTA will be commissioned probably the end of this year or first quarter of next year.

This is solely the effort of the ministry of Power, works, and housing and they hold all the glory.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by SultanOfAbia: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
Fd
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by All4real2: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2019
wink2015:

Shame on Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan that the federal university Otuoke is yet to record any developmental strides.

He that gave some federal university ended up turning his own federal university Otuoke a glorified college.
and your mind com tell Se this one na federal university it is their state university they named after Alex Ekwueme
Re: Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony by Britzdon(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
Good that the African Leaders are Beginning to understand the power of Hydro Electricity. More such projects please. Nigeria belongs to us all!

You are saying rubbish .

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deaths At Monalido Night Club, Apapa Caused By Drunk Mopols / Senator Hope Uzodinma's Pretty Wife Chioma Ikeaka Flaunts Her Baby Bump(pics) / Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.