Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. (7965 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by ImaIma1(f): 10:10am On Aug 03, 2019
Logobenz2:
and my mom becomes whose priority?

You'll figure that out when the time comes
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2019
ImaIma1:

You'll figure that out when the time comes
Sorry,I have already figured it out smiley

3 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by ImaIma1(f): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2019
freecocoa:
Lol, man I’m not finding the comments here funny o, it’s looking like a hopeless situation. wink

It's not a hopeless situation. It really has to do with upbringing and the kind of family. I happened to marry a very wise man. His case is even more delicate because he is the first son and his father is late.

He and his mum are quite close and they speak like everyday but he they have an understanding when it comes to me. He once told her that he saw the way his father sheltered her from his family and put her first. That she shouldn't expect him to do differently.

And where I come from, most people respect marriage and won't interfere. But it still lies on the man to be able to create the balance and do his duties to his mum and to his wife without issues. Those kind of men are rare especially from the comments we are seeing from men here.

So freecoco.a don't lose hope or conclude based on the guys on this forum. Some of them are still seeing the issues as boys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by babyfaceafrica: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
freecocoa:
Its not my hubby bros. grin

Meanwhile, I think it’s very common with most Nigerian men.
do u have stats..or generalising as usual
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by babyfaceafrica: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
this topic is deeper than this.....how ypu guys started will determine a lot

1 Like

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Logobenz2:

These are the examples of mummy's boy.My friend your mum is your dad's priority. Your mum belongs to your dad and your wife belongs to you.When it comes to the issue of marriage, you have to protect your wife by so doing other members of your family will have no choice than to respect her.Of course no one is saying you should not love your mother but your wife is your no 1 priority. A lot of reasons why most marriages have issues is because of too much family interference, the way I love my dad ehen,my father can't expect me to make him my no 1 priority over my husband.

11 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2019
pocohantas:
That is how most Nigerian men are.
Apologies to the ones that understand the concept of marriage and oneness.

They spend so much time loving their mothers, that you begin to think they are trying to compensate for their father's inadequacy.

Anyway, I have a simple way of identifying them. embarassed

You are right sis
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by ogawisdom(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
I can't love any woman more than my mum

I hope my wife doesn't hear this lol it's the truth.

No one can love me more than my mum, unconditional love personified. If not for children do we even need to marry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
ogawisdom:
I can't love any woman more than my mum

I hope my wife doesn't hear this lol it's the truth.

No one can love me more than my mum, unconditional love personified. If not for children do we even need to marry lipsrsealed

Then don't waste your time to get married.Marriage is not for babies like you.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
I thought freecocoa is a lesbian?
What business do u have with marriage? undecided
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2019
freecocoa:
Hmmm, so basically, nothing can be done about this then.
Yes!
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
ImaIma1:

[s]That's not a way to go about marriage. A wife is not a girlfriend. You are meant to protect your wife and make her comfortable. Some families see a wife as an intruder that just came in to cut short their enjoyment and benefits from their son and brother.

A wise man will make sure that both wife and mother are ok. Though, when you get married, your wife becomes your priority[/s].
His mother becomes what? undecided
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by peacefulhome(f): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
It a general thing. They are just trying to protect their family . We as a lady will not be happy if our husband should keep complaining of any bad attitude that any of our family members has. No sane man will want his wife to get the bad image of his family,
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
peacefulhome:
It a general thing. They are just trying to protect their family . We as a lady will not be happy if our husband should keep complaining of any bad attitude that any of our family members has. No sane man will want his wife to get the bad image of his family,
one chilled bottle of champagne for you my lady kiss

1 Like

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
jenifer007:

These are the examples of mummy's boy.My friend your mum is your dad's priority. Your mum belongs to your dad and your wife belongs to you.When it comes to the issue of marriage, you have to protect your wife by so doing other members of your family will have no choice than to respect her.Of course no one is saying you should not love your mother but your wife is your no 1 priority. A lot of reasons why most marriages have issues is because of too much family interference, the way I love my dad ehen,my father can't expect me to make him my no 1 priority over my husband.
Keep deceiving yourself
I hope u will say same when your son grow up
Do u know d meaning of unconditional love??
Only a mother got unconditional love for his son, no woman on earth love can surpass that which the mother have for his son. That man you are calling hubby, there are certain conditions he may be in and if he approach u, u will turn down his offer, only a mother will stand behind his son regardless of his condition & this will ever make mothers special in the life of her son. There is a special spot we men keep for mothers in our life, no other woman can take that spot...

3 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
jenifer007:

He is not a baby
He stated the fact & a thousand of your kind can't change it
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2019
Rubbiish:

He is not a baby
I'm with you on this bro.
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2019
Rubbiish:

Keep deceiving yourself
I hope u will say same when your son grow up
Do u know d meaning of unconditional love??
Only a mother got unconditional love for his son, no woman on earth love can surpass that which the mother have for his son. That man you are calling hubby, there are certain conditions he may be in and if he approach u, u will turn down his offer, only a mother will stand behind his son regardless of his condition & this will ever make mothers special in the life of her son. There is a special spot we men keep for mothers in our life, no other woman can take that spot...

Think before talking. I am a mother and I love my son so much and I will never allow my son use me to intimidate his wife.He has to love his wife more than me because i am not a rival to his wife.it is men like you that make your mothers rivals to your wives.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
jenifer007:

Think before talking. I am a mother and I love my son so much and I will never allow my son use me to intimidate his wife.He has to love his wife more than me because i am not a rival to his wife.it is men like you that make your mothers rivals to your wives.
How old is your son?
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2019
Rubbiish:

He is not a baby

Marriage is not compulsory. Babies don't marry.Real men do marry.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Rubbiish(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
jenifer007:

@bold u make laugh
The wife and mother have different place in the life of man, every man got only one mother, but number of wife is unlimited.
U will naturally sound like this, till your son grow up, only then u will understand the pain of having an ungrateful son. The sacrifice a mother will make for her son, very few wives, if any sef can ever make it. U think it is easy to mould a man? Wait till u your son grow up

Freecocoa is a lesbian and knows nothing about raising a child, dont allow her mislead u

3 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2019
Rubbiish:

@bold u make laugh
The wife and mother have different place in the life of man, every man got only one mother, but number of wife is unlimited.
U will naturally sound like this, till your son grow up, only then u will understand the pain of having an ungrateful son. The sacrifice a mother will make for her son, very few wives, if any sef can ever make it. U think it is easy to mould a man? Wait till u your son grow up

Freecocoa is a lesbian and knows nothing about raising a child, dont allow her mislead u

bunch of jokers.
I asked her how old her son is,she no respond cheesy
They think moulding a man is easy.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
Logobenz2:
bunch of jokers.
I asked her how old her son is,she no respond cheesy
They think moulding a man is easy.

I insist that babies don't marry young man.I am just seeing your post.When it comes to marriage, I am not a jjc.I am blessed with four children and they are all boys.My last born just finished secondary school.My first born is 24 years and in few years time he will be planning to settle down.I will never be a rival to my son's wife.You have a lot of growing up to do. Don't make your mother your wife's rival. No matter how sweet your mum is,you can never be her crown.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by cococandy(f): 4:03am On Aug 04, 2019
Your father’s priority. Simples
Logobenz2:

5 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by ogawisdom(m): 6:12am On Aug 04, 2019
jenifer007:

An idiot like u should learn to respect the opinion of others. Now get lost already. It's my choice I love my mum more than any wife n it will never change.

I can marry 10 wives but will only have one mother guess ur decaying brain cell may never understand.

My sweet mum is a no go area, she is the only person I can gladly die for in this world.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2019
[quote author=ogawisdom post=80918837]

An idiot like u should learn to respect the opinion of others. Now get lost already. It's my choice I love my mum more than any wife n it will never change.

I can marry 10 wives but will only have one mother guess ur decaying brain cell may never understand.

My sweet mum is a no go area, she is the only person I can gladly die for in this world.[/quot

Tot from your user name,your words will be filled with wisdom but it is unfortunate you are the bigger fool. I hope you can also chest it when your wife tells you the only man that means so much to her is her father and she treats you like trash.Na you go tire because you will be so jealous of your father in law.Men gets more jealous than women. Your mumu go do one day.

4 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2019
jenifer007:

I insist that babies don't marry young man.I am just seeing your post.When it comes to marriage, I am not a jjc.I am blessed with four children and they are all boys.My last born just finished secondary school.My first born is 24 years and in few years time he will be planning to settle down.I will never be a rival to my son's wife.You have a lot of growing up to do. Don't make your mother your wife's rival. No matter how sweet your mum is,you can never be her crown.
who said anything about making my mom and wife rivals?
I only said I won't allow my wife counter my mom for no reason,whether she is wrong or right!
And also,the love I have for my mom cannot be shared with anybody and I love it like that.whether wife or whoever...
Maybe when you sacrifice for those boys like you shouldn't without any support and give them a golden spoon in their mouths at the detriment of your own relaxation and health,then I would believe you.
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2019
cococandy:
Your father’s priority. Simples
Do you have male children?
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by jenifer007: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2019
Logobenz2:
who said anything about making my mom and wife rivals?
I only said I won't allow my wife counter my mom for no reason,whether she is wrong or right!
And also,the love I have for my mom cannot be shared with anybody and I love it like that.whether wife or whoever...
Maybe when you sacrifice for those boys like you shouldn't without any support and give them a golden spoon in their mouths at the detriment of your own relaxation and health,then I would believe you.

O Ku orire....For the fact your mother sacrificed all for you, you can only show your appreciation by being there for her but she can never be your first wife. My prayer for you is to marry a wonderful woman,even your mother will have confidence in her and they both will love each other dearly.That will make you a happier man.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by nlPoster: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2019
Hopefully these "nude ladies" dancing in transparent vehicles in traffic, would get defenders like we're seeing here after some time.
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by Logobenz2: 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
jenifer007:

O Ku orire....For the fact your mother sacrificed all for you, you can only show your appreciation by being there for her but she can never be your first wife. My prayer for you is to marry a wonderful woman,even your mother will have confidence in her and they both will love each other dearly.That will make you a happier man.
exactly my thoughts.thank you.
I will love to marry a woman who would see my mom as hers and I will see her and her family as mine too.
We become one big happy family that shares success and weaknesses together.
Let love lead rather than rivalry from both parties.
Re: When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. by bukatyne(f): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
Logobenz2:

You never ready to marry undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? / Nigerian Guys Can You Marry A White Woman? / How To Control BED BUG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.