Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,236 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive (82843 Views)

How To Update Your Antivirus On A Computer Without Internet Connection / Installing Antivirus On Flash Disk / Download The Latest Antivirus On Your Flash Drive And Systems ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by shaiguy(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2007
I recently came across a fantastic tool that enables users to install fully functional and update -able antivirus software on their flash drives, external hard disks, ipods e.t.c.
It is free. It contains no spyware. There are no advertisements. It isn't a limited or trial version. There is no additional hardware or software to buy. You don't even have to give out your email address. It's 100% free to use, free to copy and free to share.

visit this site for more information on how to get the tool

http://fedoraunit..com/
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by ebeano(m): 8:58am On May 14, 2007
wow shaiguy, thanks for this information. I just downloaded it on my flash and its virus-free.
the damn thing detected 5 viruses on my flash and over 800 viruses on my dad's computer
great stuff dude
ps:nice blog
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by khar: 5:48pm On May 14, 2007
Guys dis is worth checking out. I never believed in all these things, but I must confess, its great.Been using it for a while and introduced it to friends and there's been nothing but success stories so far.

Great work man.Thumbs up.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by talk2ahmed(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hey , i cant see anything dat looks like the anti virus u were talking about , were u just trying tosych guys into visiting ur site?, sho it to me where u have it on fedora
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by shaiguy(m): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2007
Hi,
If you can't find the link to the application on my blog, you probably won't be able to use it anyway. The link is there, find it (i.e if you really need it)
Enjoy
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Tini(m): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hey guy,are u just trying to tell us about fedora,cant see anything about anti-virus or even something else to download in ur blog except fedora.try to place a link we can all get to download it.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Tini(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hey guy,are u just trying to tell us about fedora,cant see anything about anti-virus or even something else to download in ur blog except fedora.try to place a link we can all get to download it.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by osasp(m): 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2007
@topic, i downloaded the thing and detected adware and all dat on my system, problem now is i cant remove it from my system, even after changing my prefrences.uuuuhhh! angry
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Badero(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2007
Oga! The site you specified seems not to be opening. Why not try to be specific and help us all out. We look forward to have the real website for this free download. Thanks & God bless
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by hayprof(m): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2007
osasp:

@topic, i downloaded the thing and detected adware and all that on my system, problem now is i can't remove it from my system, even after changing my prefrences.uuuuhhh! angry

Hey, u gat d download link?
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Ralvy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2007
Hello Mr, can u b specific and give us a direct link to were this software is located, I mean a link ending with the executable (*exe.) extension, so we can just copy and paste the download url into our browser or download manager and get this software. The stuff dosen't seem to be working out man. we'd be waiting
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Raahym(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2007
Hi Guys, i am sure you guys can make do with this for now its the website of umu global the phone, flash and hardrive antivirus (http://www.umuglobal.com/products.php)

Cheers

Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by porasog(f): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2007
@ shaiguy

gud work nd tanxs a million!!!!!!!
I guess dis kin of info is only available to both d patient an careful. smiley
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by africanboy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2007
u shoulda just put da link http://www.portableapps.com.
also check out http://www.portablefreeware.com
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Ralvy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2007
All the links above do not link to any flash drive antivirus, there are just adevertising soem sites. the only genuine 1 the last by african china. thank G.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by VIC4U: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
There is noting like antivirus in ur blog, if u want 2 give us something pls go stright

@all ,
If u have done it and succeed pls kindly tell the house how u did it, don't just tell us that is real.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by VIC4U: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2007
There is noting like antivirus in your blog, if u want 2 give us something please go straight

@all ,
If u have done it and succeed please kindly tell the house how u did it, don't just tell us that is real.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by jmichael90: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2007
He is just trying to drive us all to visit his site, if you need freeware of that kind better you google it and i believe you would get cool stuffs to download.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by shaiguy(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
Guys,

Very Well Said porasog
Relax! I noticed most of you are impatient grin, if you could only take your time to scan the blog, you go see d thing, (Its not an active hyperlink mind you), its all there. ok forget the blog grin here's the site before some smart ass tries to be funny again. http://portableapps.com/.
The cool thing about portable apps which i have been using for quite sometime now is that it goes beyond just being an antivirus application, you can run it on your ipod, mp3 players ,(My favorite browser), the very latest version so you can carry your passwords, history bookmarks along with you, open office, a free office suite that is compatible with Mst's.
Checkout the application for yourself am sure you will all be impressed.

Bros wey carry malware, check your system o cool

Enjoy !!!!!

www.24cube.co.uk
www.24cubehosts.com
www.24cubehosts.net
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Ralvy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2007
I think u Guys shuld 4get dis thingy, He must have conived wit all those ppl tu let us know it worked for them, thats a fat lie, i know about portable applications and yes! you can get one ther,
if u want us tu c ur blog or whteva, let us in and we'll check it out, try tu be straight man. its very annoying wn ppl just drive u around for fun, Stop making Nairalanders go thru stress,
POST A DIRECT LINK angry --
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by shaiguy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2007
The reason a direct link wasn't posted in the first place is because there's more to portableapps than just the antivirus, (and do you always have to be spoon fed?, whatever happened to giving a beggar a hoe rather than 20naira)to get the antivirus to work, you need the application base, there's load of free application add-ons to choose from and each user's needs might differ from the other. When you visit the site you get to browse their database and decide for yourself which add-ons you want. You get to appreciate the application more. For me i went for Clamav, Mozilla firefox, thunderbird, Filezilla,Putty and VLC. Visit www.portableapps.com

If someone in nairaland is 'smart' enough to say clamav doesn't work, then i beg to differ. You are getting for free, the same open-source antivirus application that powers a large percentage of the world's linux based enterprise gateways.

Dude if you can't figure out, how to get the application and others have, abeg stop trying to lead guys astray, check out the application for yourself guys and see if it works for you or not.

Portableapps ia a great alternative for u3 applications that comes pre-installed on U3 flash drives. Imagine being able to take your office applications and latest virus definitions with you anywhere you go.

Find attached a screenshot of what portableapps looks like when run from your system

Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by lagoshost(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hi All,

I know someone out there may still be looking for the link, just go to:

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

Gos bless you all.
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Ralvy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
lagoshost:

Hi All,

I know someone out there may still be looking for the link, just go to:

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/clamwin_portable

Gos bless you all.

Thanks alot man, this is what I'm talkin 'bout. wink
shaiguy:

The reason a direct link wasn't posted in the first place is because there's more to portableapps than just the antivirus, (and do you always have to be spoon fed?, whatever happened to giving a beggar a hoe rather than 20naira)to get the antivirus to work, you need the application base, there's load of free application add-ons to choose from and each user's needs might differ from the other. When you visit the site you get to browse their database and decide for yourself which add-ons you want. You get to appreciate the application more. For me i went for Clamav, Mozilla firefox, thunderbird, Filezilla,Putty and VLC. Visit www.portableapps.com

If someone in nairaland is 'smart' enough to say clamav doesn't work, then i beg to differ. You are getting for free, the same open-source antivirus application that powers a large percentage of the world's linux based enterprise gateways.

Dude if you can't figure out, how to get the application and others have, abeg stop trying to lead guys astray, check out the application for yourself guys and see if it works for you or not.

Portableapps ia a great alternative for u3 applications that comes pre-installed on U3 flash drives. Imagine being able to take your office applications and latest virus definitions with you anywhere you go.

Find attached a screenshot of what portableapps looks like when run from your system

Thanks alot man; bh whats d portableapps.com red screen doin on the ryt. is that the software I carry about in my pen drive??
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by hayprof(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2007
I think So.
Its like a Menu for the Portable apps uve got on ur Flash, tongue
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Ralvy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2007
Oh! I see,
hmmm! jex curious; shaiguy y did u give us dis link: http://fedoraunit..com/
huh
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by iorhenter(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2007
smiley Shaiguy na wao for u sef! why all that Round-about when there's a straight way to the treasure Island? Thanks to You and the other Nairalanders that have shown us the straight way  grin
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by bluechip(m): 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2007
shocked. that what i am. well, i'm on to that site, pronto!thanks o! smiley
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by creamdream: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
NA Lie
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by creamdream: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2008
i mean its true, nice work man
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by Kfada(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2008
you don wan show us say u are talented, anyway that is good but this is not the medium to broadcast it. haven't you heard of Television angry
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by DoubleN(m): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2008
Re: How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive by chazy(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2008
please shaiguy, do i install the ClamWin_Portable_0.92.paf directly to the flash?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laptop Explodes And Kills A Corper In Taraba State (Disturbing Photos) / We Sell Perfectly Working Fairly Used Laptop's screen, hard drive, ram etc here / New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Hack Your Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.