Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? (2023 Views)

Why Does Samsung Phones Have Green Line On Thier Screen? / Why Some Phones Have Better Network Reception Than Others? / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by E2000: 1:51am On Aug 03, 2019
Why do powerful smart phones have so small batteries and less powerful Ones have better battery power capacity ?
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 4:40am On Aug 03, 2019
E2000:
Why do powerful smart phones have so small batteries and less powerful Ones have better battery power capacity ? 

May b u should check out iPhone xsmax or s10+
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2019
Because they have good battery optimization. For example, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has 4000mah with chip set of Snapdragon 660 why Xiaomi Mi 9 has 3300mah with chip set of Snapdragon 845.

On mere looking at it, Redmi Note 7 is suppose to last long because of it battery? Right??

But it may interest you to note that the Xiaomi Mi 9 with 3300mah last longer than the Redmi note 7

You can watch video on battery drain on youtube

7 Likes

Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2019
fados4sure:
Because they have good battery optimization. For example, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has 4000mah with chip set of Snapdragon 660 why Xiaomi Mi 9 has 3300mah with chip set of Snapdragon 845.

On mere looking at it, Redmi Note 7 is suppose to last long because of it battery? Right??

But it may interest you to note that the Xiaomi Mi 9 with 3300mah last longer than the Redmi note 7

Your right...
BTW Mi 9 uses a Snapdragon 855 chipset and not Snapdragon 845.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2019
E2000:

Expensive phones use a more powerful processor than midrange ones...
A more powerful processor means better battery optimisation...
Which means better battery life!!
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 03, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Your right... BTW Mi 9 uses a Snapdragon 855 chipset and not Snapdragon 845.
But you get the jeck?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by abumeinben(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2019
fados4sure:

@ E2000 , if you need any further clarification, kindly head to my house. But branch that woman shop wey dey sell akara. Na Saturday morning be this fa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by yemi2plus(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2019
fados4sure:

This is not totally true. I previously used a Techno L8 plus before I purchased my Xiaomi Mi 6. I was made to believe the the Mi 6 battery will last longer because of higher processor and better battery optimization, but it's not true. Unfortunately, the Mi 6 was stolen.

Now, I am managing a Xiaomi Note 7 and its battery still performs better than the stolen Mi 6 with a higher specs.
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2019
yemi2plus:

This is not totally true. I previously used a Techno L8 plus before I purchased my Xiaomi Mi 6. I was made to believe the the Mi 6 battery will last longer because of higher processor and better battery optimization, but it's not true. Unfortunately, the Mi 6 was stolen.

Now, I am managing a Xiaomi Note 7 and its battery still performs better than the stolen Mi 6 with a higher specs.
I hope you know that you are very funny considering the fact that you're comparing Mi 6 of 2017 and Redmi Note 7 of 2019 when the OS of Mi 6 is MiUi 8 compare to Redmi Note 7 OS with Miui 10

Why not compare Mi 9t to Redmi Note 7 with same OS & battery? Check the video on youtube & see for yourself

Note that with the current update of 2019, Mi 6 can't be compare to Redmi note 7
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by yemi2plus(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2019
fados4sure:

I hope you know that you are very funny considering the fact that you're comparing Mi 6 of 2017 and Redmi Note 7 of 2019 when the OS of Mi 6 is MiUi 8 compare to Redmi Note 7 OS with Miui 10

Why not compare Mi 9t to Redmi Note 7 with same OS & battery? Check the video on youtube & see for yourself

Note that with the current update of 2019, Mi 6 can't be compare to Redmi note 7

Please, I don't want to argue this. I have used both devices and trust me, Mi 6 shouldn't be compared to Xiaomi Note 7 on any ground save the battery. Like I previously said, I am only managing the Note 7.

And Mi 6 received an MIUI 10 update.
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:

May b u should check out iPhone xsmax or s10+

S10+ battery is small nah...... Samsung probably don't want to have another bomb, in people's hands........
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by SKhanmi: 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lol, Who will buy the next versions if they made the current one perfect. We are all buying dreams & promises, the perfect consumer rabbit hole.

Don't worry Op, the next upgraded version would take care of your worries, Just buy.
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

S10+ battery is small nah...... Samsung probably don't want to have another bomb, in people's hands........
On heavy usage it will last u more than 2days. I tink that is enough
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:

On heavy usage it will last u more than 2days. I tink that is enough

Never..... It only last a working day..... Charging happens every day.......
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Never..... It only last a working day..... Charging happens every day.......
lol.. Have u lay u hands on one? I am using one at the moment.. I browse minimum of 7 hours daily.. It wil last me for two days till 0%...
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:
lol.. Have u lay u hands on one? I am using one at the moment.. I browse minimum of 7 hours daily.. It wil last me for two days till 0%...

Of course i own one...... In addition to doing usual things on the phone, my Bluetooth + GPS are always on........
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:

I don't know how you can squeeze 48 hours out of a 4100Mah.........
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by bravesoul247(m): 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
fados4sure:

interesting
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by bravesoul247(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
The same way tecno phantom 9 has about 3500mah battery but it lasts way way better than many devices.
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Of course i own one...... In addition to doing usual things on the phone, my Bluetooth + GPS are always on........
He many hours do ur phone last?
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I don't know how you can squeeze 48 hours out of a 4100Mah.........
are u trying to say that u can't use it for two days? What are u doing with it? Playing games
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:

He many hours do ur phone last?

Let's assume its fully charged at 0700, by 1500 hrs i would hit 15% or near enough..........
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Wayne4uall:
are u trying to say that u can't use it for two days? What are u doing with it? Playing games

Never......
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Wayne4uall(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume its fully charged at 0700, by 1500 hrs i would hit 15% or near enough..........

If I have 100% by 7am I won't Charge not untill the next day around 10 pm and by den my Bat3. Below 13%
Re: Why Do High End Phones Have So Small Batteries? by Meel: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2019
yemi2plus:

please what can I do to my redmi note 7 that is draining fast than usual. pls I need your aid, the battery is just moving like Clock.

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Dark Mode On Whatsapp (not GB Whatsapp) / Malicious Apps To Delete From Your Android Phone / Infinix Hot 10 Price Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.