Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore (55516 Views)

DSS Arrests Adams Oshiomhole Over APC Primaries / Omoyele Sowore Meets With Herdsmen And Farmer In Jalingo (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
[s][/s]lemme know when you are ready to stop sounding like broken record.
cos this will be my last quote to you before you infect me with stupidity.

ii'm sure people with brain already picked one or two things.

and is there a binding document that says kwara belongs to fulani?
would yorubas in kwara join fulanis todays if there is referendum?
which territory is fulani holding today kwara?
is current emir by the name of alhaji ibrahim kolapo also a fulani?

perhaps some ijebus who claimed to have migrated from sudan means they are not yorubas.

https://www.nairaland.com/3378902/yorubas-ijebu-descendents-north-sudans

ife and modakeke clashed around 2000-2001

what does it have to do with anything?

Absolute balderdash

You are just a Shlthead, I am talking about Ilorin.. You keep repeating Kwara as a Whole

If Emir of Ilorin is a Yoruba then why is he still Emir instead of Oba and also with an allegiance to Sokoto caliphate?

Ijebu still traced their root to Ile ife

Even Oduduwa still have connection with Mecca, Nubia and it is also the case of Ijebu people

If Apoi are Yoruba people because they are now in Ondo then why are they listed as part of Ijaw and not Yoruba?

I am done arguing with a numbskull

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2019
Olumyco:
KingOdart is not that you are not passing a point about Sowore's Origin but you are not passing it correctly. There are lots of migrations here and there in the past and when that happens, two things are bound to happen. Is either the tribe that migrated preserves their language and culture or loose it to where they migrated to.

Now in the case of Apoi and Arogbo they lost their culture and language to that of the Yorubas and with this they are Yorubas. If we decided to go back to history then we can say they are Ijaws. Had it been they did not loose their culture and language then we can say they are Ijaws in Yoruba land. Someone is bearing Omoyele Sowore, speaks Yoruba and so on how will he claim Ijaw perfectly. He can only do that by history. Let me tell you this....your tribe is as strong as your culture and language. Let we Yorubas stop speaking our language and practicing our culture and see if the tribe will survive. So get this. Ibos have been moving from places to places in Nigeria but they still practice their culture and speak their language and give Igbo names to their children.

For your information, the Ga and Dangbe tribe in Ghana migrated from Ile Ife in Nigeria. They dont speak Yoruba. They speak their own language... only God knows how they got that. Now can we claim they are Nigerians? No. By origin based on history they are like Yorubas but there is nothing to show for it. Same with The Apoi and Arogbo people. I accept your claim of Sowore based on his history but in reality based on what is present, he is a Yoruba man.

The Kwara and Kogi territory you brought out.... that demarcation is by the Nigeria Govt. The Yoruba didn't migrate there as a group of Yorubas. So the part where they speak Yoruba is part of Yoruba territory.

Fulanis in Kwara cant even speak Fulfide, they speak Yoruba. They are only trying to retain their name and the religion is what is doing this.

So in short to settle everything, Sowore only has a line connected to Ijaw which is origin by history. He has three lines connected to Yoruba. Number One, he bears Yoruba names. Two, he speaks Yoruba. Three, his tribe is in Yoruba land. Weighing the these, his connection to Yoruba is higher than Ijaw.
Simple as ABC.

In this case you can not remove History, because history is part of what define us as people

But how come Apoi and Arogbo are listed as part of Ijaw people and not Yoruba?

It is now possible to belong to two ethnic groups?

Apoi and Arogbo have never been listed as part of Yoruba

It was Ijaw that was written on his Wikipedia page not Yoruba, so he is an Ijaw man

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by LegoMetahuman: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
[s]
KingOdart:

Absolute balderdash

You are just a Shlthead, I am talking about Ilorin.. You keep repeating Kwara as a Whole

If Emir of Ilorin is a Yoruba then why is he still Emir instead of Oba and also with an allegiance to Sokoto caliphate?

Ijebu still traced their root to Ile ife

Even Oduduwa still have connection with Mecca, Nubia and it is also the case of Ijebu people

If Apoi are Yoruba people because they are now in Ondo then why are they listed as part of Ijaw and not Yoruba?

I am done arguing with a numbskull

[/s]ediot

the wikipedia was written by people who also believe in obatala and oduduwa legend.
oduduwa is a symbol of unity.
and it is what it is.. A legend.
just like some white people believe they are descendants of Adam and eve.

wikipedia is not a sound link for your history you mor0n. it can be ediited by anybody.

the story of ijebu people migrating from sudan was told awujale himself..

they migrated from ijaw, yet they dont bear ijaw names or have anything that tied them to ijaws.
just like ijebus migrated from sudan but donot have anything that tie them with the Sudanese.

by the way, my arguement was based on terriority not where they migrated from.

their ancesteral land is in yoruba land. simple as abc.
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
[s][/s]ediot

the wikipedia was written by people who also people in obatala and oduduwa legend.

wikipedia is not a sound link for your history you mor0n. it can be ediited by anybody.

Shut the fucckk up

Even Ooni said Oduduwa migrated from Mecca

And Ooni once said Google is Ifa

It was Ijaw that was written on Sowore Biography but you guys want people to take him as Yoruba? For what exactly?
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by LegoMetahuman: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Shut the fucckk up

Even Ooni said Oduduwa migrated from Mecca

And Ooni once said Google is Ifa

It was Ijaw that was written on Sowore Biography but you guys want people to take him as Yoruba? For what exactly?

now your fart brain is starting to get it. cheesy

that's why oduduwa is a legend. because no one can really say oduduwa is real or not. just a legend told from generation to generation to solidify yoruba unity.
yorubas migrated from everywhere to current yoruba territory in nigeria, and they have also migrated from here to other countries like benin republic.

like i said
my arguement was based on terriority not where they migrated from.

now run along.
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
[s][/s]ediot

the wikipedia was written by people who also believe in obatala and oduduwa legend.
oduduwa is a symbol of unity.

they migrated from ijaw, yet they dont bear ijaw names or have anything that tied them to ijaws.
just like ijebus migrated from sudan but donot have anything that tie them with the Sudanese.

by the way, my arguement was based on terriority not where they migrated from.

Ooni of Ife also said Oduduwa migrated from Mecca

Ooni of ife also said Google is Ifa

Apoi territory in Ondo is not Yoruba Land

Speaking Yoruba Language and having Yoruba names doesn't make them Yoruba and will never make them Yoruba
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by LegoMetahuman: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Speaking Yoruba Language and having Yoruba names doesn't make them Yoruba and will never make them Yoruba
so if apoi territory is in ondo?

is ondo ijaw state?
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
now your fart brain is starting to get it. cheesy

that's why oduduwa is a legend. because no one can really say oduduwa is real or not. just a legend told from generation to generation to solidify yoruba unity.
yorubas migrated from everywhere to current yoruba territory in nigeria, and they have also migrated from here to other countries like benin republic.

like i said
my arguement was based on terriority not where they migrated from.

now run along.

Their ancestral Land might be in Ondo but it doesn't make it Yoruba territory and it doesn't make it Yoruba Land because they are not Yoruba

Sowore biography says Ijaw and people should take him as that

Apoi are not Yoruba

It is just like calling Ijaw living in Benin, Benin people

They are different and that is it
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
so if apoi territory is in ondo?

is ondo ijaw state?

Ondo is not an Ijaw state but Ijaw have Lands in Ondo state
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by ElsonMorali: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Sowore is not Yoruba but Ijaw

What is the meaning of Sowore and Omoyele in Ijaw language?
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by Olumyco(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

What you said here is strong ooo. How can someone be bearing a name of a tribe (Surname and First name) and also speak the language and yet he is not from the tribe? That is somehow.

See get this right. Migration is a normal thing in the past. People migrate for different reasons and that is why we have different tribes scatters all over the place. Now when a tribe migrates and settle in another tribe's territory and looses her language, name and culture how will they claim the their original tribe. Then get this about history if not for documentation how will many of knows the origin of tribes. So the present matters alot so is history. History is good for a tribe who migrates and still speak their language and practice their culture. I dont think any tribe migrate like the hausa in west Africa. Hausa are in many country. They speak their language and practice their culture. I dont know if you understand these things.
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2019
ElsonMorali:

What is the meaning of Sowore and Omoyele in Ijaw language?

Having Yoruba names or speaking Yoruba doesn't make you Yoruba

Just like having English name and speaking English does not make you English
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by KingOdart(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2019
Olumyco:

What you said here is strong ooo. How can someone be bearing a name of a tribe (Surname and First name) and also speak the language and yet he is not from the tribe? That is somehow.

See get this right. Migration is a normal thing in the past. People migrate for different reasons and that is why we have different tribes scatters all over the place. Now when a tribe migrates and settle in another tribe's territory and looses her language, name and culture how will they claim the their original tribe. Then get this about history if not for documentation how will many of knows the origin of tribes. So the present matters alot so is history. History is good for a tribe who migrates and still speak their language and practice their culture. I dont think any tribe migrate like the hausa in west Africa. Hausa are in many country. They speak their language and practice their culture. I dont know if you understand these things.

Having English name and speaking English Language doesn't make you English or does it?

Apoi are Ijaw
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by Olumyco(m): 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Their ancestral Land might be in Ondo but it doesn't make it Yoruba territory and it doesn't make it Yoruba Land because they are not Yoruba

Apoi are not Yoruba

Apoi are not Yoruba... fine. Please can they speak Ijaw? Do they bear Ijaw names? Do they practice Ijaw culture?

Guy get this fact right... they can only claim Ijaw by origin based on history which wikipedia has done justice to. The reality takes it on after you have understood their history that they have lost e everything and they are now Yoruba. The reason the igbo tribes in Delta and Rivers are called Igbos is because they speak Igbo and practice the igbo culture. So what are you saying? This thing is simple... if they still speak Ijaw language and also practice the Ijaw culture then I can say you are totally correct. But the reality is that they cant do any of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by LegoMetahuman: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Apoi are not Yoruba

does sowore biography speak for entire apoi?
sowore might call himself whatever he likes, that doesnt mean he speaks for anyone.

what should have told me is what tied current apoi people to ijaws.
they might have migrated from ijaw, but are they still ijaw?

this is simple thing, why is it so hard for you to understand?

they have lost everything that tied them to ijaws (which is language, identity and territory)
just like every other tribes that call themselves yorubas today
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by Olumyco(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Having English name and speaking English Language doesn't make you English or does it?

Apoi are Ijaw

This is called misapplication of knowledge

We were colonised by the Britons and that's why we speak English. It doesn't affect our nativity. We didn't start speaking and bearing their names because we migrated to their land. They came to us and that is a different case and still we still speak our language and practice our culture. So this is a different case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by ElsonMorali: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Having Yoruba names or speaking Yoruba doesn't make you Yoruba

Just like having English name and speaking English does not make you English

Actually it does. If I bear Igbo names as my first name and family name what would be your conclusion.

Do I have to lecture you on the importance of names as part of culture and tradition?

If you bear English name then most likely you or at least your parents who named you are Christians. Can you a Yoruba man name your kids with Igbo or Ijaw names?
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by femmoy(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
LajaLaba:
What a load of rubbish grin
a big rubbish indeed. senseless tribal bigot.
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
LegoMetahuman:
does sowore biography speak for entire apoi?
sowore might call himself whatever he likes, that doesnt mean he speaks for anyone.

what should have told me is what tied current apoi people to ijaws.
they might have migrated from ijaw, but are they still ijaw?

this is simple thing, why is it so hard for you to understand?

they have lost everything that tied them to ijaws (which is language, identity and territory)
just like every other tribes that call themselves yorubas today

Subtribes of Yoruba are connected by Blood and they are descendants of Oduduwa and Obatala and traced their origin to Ile ife

No Yoruba subtribe lost their Language, identity and territory,

We still have our dialects till this day and Yoruba don't have different Languages but dialect

You can continue to deny the fact that Apoi are Ijaw but don't peddle falsehood

They have lost their identity but how come they are listed as part of Ijaw and not Yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2019
Olumyco:

Apoi are not Yoruba... fine. Please can they speak Ijaw? Do they bear Ijaw names? Do they practice Ijaw culture?

Guy get this fact right... they can only claim Ijaw by origin based on history which wikipedia has done justice to. The reality takes it on after you have understood their history that they have lost e everything and they are now Yoruba. The reason the igbo tribes in Delta and Rivers are called Igbos is because they speak Igbo and practice the igbo culture. So what are you saying? This thing is simple... if they still speak Ijaw language and also practice the Ijaw culture then I can say you are totally correct. But the reality is that they cant do any of this.

As the Ijaw Language and Culture extincted ?

As long as there are still Ijaw and they are listed as part of Ijaw people then they are Ijaw not Yoruba

There are still Ijaw so there is nothing like lost Language and culture

Speaking Yoruba and practicing Yoruba culture would never make them Yoruba
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by femmy2010(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

There are other countries.

stop running about the whole thread.

The country is gone, done and dusted.

My Country shall be greater than it has ever been .
Yours and its citizen are gone and dusted .
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
femmy2010:

My Country shall be greater than it has ever been . Yours and its citizen are gone and dusted .

Next
This not a country but an experiment
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by enemyofprogress: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
jk200:
Na who dey advice buhari sef?

He don shot himself with this arrest.

with this arrest Buhari has triggered off the protest billed for Monday. Walahi Buhari no sabi play politics
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by enemyofprogress: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
GlassDoc:
ARREST OF OMOYELE SOWORE: THE REVOLUTION SHALL NOT BE STOPPED!!!

Comrades of #RevolutionNow

The National Action Committee of #RevolutionNow August 05 "Days of Rage" protest has confirmed that Omoyele Sowore, AAC National Chairman, and member of the Coalition for Revolution (CORE), has been arrested and taken away by the Department of State Security (DSS) to an unknown destination.

We are working to get more information concerning this development and to organise legal intervention to secure his immediate release. We shall provide information on further developments as it becomes available.

Sowore's arrest attests to the validity of our struggle to liberate Nigeria from the shackles of a ruling class that aims to keep NIgeria's working people under perpetual oppression. For sixty years they have kept Nigerians enslaved under their incompetent, corrupt, and irresponsible rule. Now, we the people have had enough and are ready to take back our country, to take back the political power and national wealth that rightly belong to us.

The arrest of Sowore is definite and clear evidence that they are afraid of #RevolutionNow.

This is why we must intensify our preparation. Get the word out to as many people as you can. Mobilise on your street, your campus, workplace, marketplace, bus stop, everywhere. The battle has begun. Let the mighty people of Nigeria stand for liberty and justice in this country.

They have arrested Sowore, but they cannot break our will for freedom from their oppression.

We shall not be intimidated; neither shall we be moved. We shall go ahead with our protest on August 5. We shall come out in our droves!

In unity and with one mighty voice, we shall tell the oppressor class:
"This is our country!"
"This is our land!"
"We reject you and your policies!"
"Pack your load and go!"

Victory is certain, because a people united can never be defeated. So let us come out in our Days of Rage, starting August 5.

#RevolutionNow! #ThrowDemOut!!

National Action Committee
#Days of Rage
I can't wait to join this protest. The country must be grounded and Buhari must go

1 Like

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by enemyofprogress: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
femmy2010:

My Country shall be greater than it has ever been .
Yours and its citizen are gone and dusted .
keep on decieving yourself. Las las your eye go clear
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by amaks: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
I just want to know what exactly are the agenda and demands in the protest and what is the end goal, the plan for after the protest?
Are we asking for regime Change? By what means? Resignation? Another elections? Impeachment? And for who to take over after any change-if that's the demand and if it works?
Are we asking for some particular new policies in government? Or more enforcement of some existing laws and improved efficiency and effectiveness of some particular government institutions? Which ones? How?
Will there be any constitutional or legal demands or actions? Which? How?

We know there are issues but what exact changes do we want to see? Especially if we believe the government is bereft of solutions. So what solutions are we ordering/presenting?

The list is endless, but we are yet to hear any concrete plan or goal or demands or line of action, as regards the protest.

People want to be part of something that has a clear mission and goal and objective and direction. Short term, long term. Before, during, after. And method. If not it appears aimless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by NkayStory(f): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
Modphase:
and I was here worried Igbos won’t be joining the protest according to many foolish PDP Igbo supporters since It’s being led by a Yoruba ?!

Why are you calling Igbos like you are being flogged with a pepper-laden whip in the dream?..your biggest nightmare on earth are Igbos and this is just the beginning
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by stdammis(m): 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
Good move my people. The revolution is long over due. But please dont start a revolution now. Most revolutions have a 50/50 chance. And what separates the successful ones from the unsuccessful ones is as simple as planning. I'm in full support of the revolutionary movement, but rather than going out like that, take few months to plan, plan, plan. Without it we just going in a single direction. Many revolutions have failed because of this. Let's think before any quick actions
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by stdammis(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lol so I just read through the comments. If yall only in this just so sowore can be released. This is not a revolution. It's no different from the Shiites protest. So it is a protest. Revolution means a government turn around if its doings are harmful to its citizens. Protest can be don on the planned date. But we not ready for revolution yet
Re: Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore by respect80(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
Each of you obviously need a new head on your neck because even your neck is aware it's just carrying an empty head.
Are your comprehension capacity too low to decode the message in my comment?
FYI, I wasn't speaking against Sowore, I only meant the possibility of him being arrested should be one of the surest thing he should expect for protesting or trying to pioneer a revolution against the hugger-mugger and discombobulating state Nigeria has found herself in.

Perhaps you guys were expecting him to be given a prince treatment and commended by the type of leaders we have in Nigeria who are only interested in widening the gap between the rich and the poor.
Perhaps you don't even know the concept of a revolution.

Only a fool would rule out the possibility of being arrested for pioneering a revolution against any government.
Having said this, I believe the whole world now knows who the f44l is between me and the both of you.
I repeat, if he was truly arrested, good! Because it would indicate that his effort was truly notice by our common enemy, the rich government officials who want death to be the only reason they leave the corridors of power.

And if he wasn't arrested, then it's also good for him to enjoy his freedom while it lasts.

Whiteways:

Sir where did you hide your own sacrifice. Someday, oneday the commotion will meet you in your luxury home. Look what u wrote as if you are from Ghana.

NiRfreak:

You are useless big fool

@NiRfreak, Your own mumu sef na high quality mumu because sense don d dodge you since. Learn how to read and comprehend before you mention people to spew trash.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Unhappy Over Governors Takeover Of APC / Buhari & His Son Yusuf At The Ramadan Break Of Fast Hosted Emir Of Daura / Photos Of Obasanjo Gyrating With Members Of Kegite Club Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.