Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,765 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

#RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (43830 Views)

FFK Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: "He's Not My Friend, He Defamed Me, But..." / Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Altern8(m): 10:39am On Aug 03, 2019
There is a world of difference between protest and revolution.

What is worrisome is that a contender for the presidency is spearheading this revolution. There is no country in this world that would receive a threat (a plan in this case) to revolt and do nothing.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by alphaNomega: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2019
Beautiful, now we can have less unnecessary stories coming from Sahara reporters.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2019
dazzlingd:

If you want to sacrifice your life, I will appreciate your likes in advance....as for me, I love living because I have many reasons to live for... My life does not revolve around Nigeria alone

Your life... That's of your kids, your brother, your great great grand children..who will speak if them.. If the foundation is spoilt.. I guess u know the remaining

Enjoy your life bro.. It's a matter of choice.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by KenModi(m): 10:52am On Aug 03, 2019
baddosky1:

Oga...i come from the South East...i don't know the region where you come from but if it is the South West, in response to the bolded, the poverty of my region is the bliss of your own region minus Lagos!

As for the support of Tinubu and Osibanjo, I still maintain that the role they played in bringing Buhari into power had taken Nigeria 1000000 steps backward in retrogression!

Compare the era of GEJ and now when it comes to security and tell yourself the truth!

First of all, I am not a Yoruba man, neither am I from the West.

Second, you do know without the support of the South East governors, members of the national assembly from the South East, state houses of assemblies in the south east, Eze Ndigbo, Igbo political godfathers, e.t.c Buhari would not be able to rule your people successfully. In the context of your comment, your own political elites are also selling you and your people out.

You think its only in the West Buhari has allies that keep him in power.

Why do you think Nnamdi Kanu keeps bashing your political elites for conniving with the Hausa/Fulani

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by CarterX: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2019
Marxists:

Dear fellow citizen. It would interest you to know that active and sleeper cells cuts across all tribes and religion. We have a common enemy. We also welcome you to join in birthing a new Nigeria that works for all at any point you feel its safe for you.

Enjoy watching us as we sacrifice our lives to give you a better future....

Common enemy kee una dia, shey during python dance all of u wia laughing and making jokes but it’s your turn you have remembered that it’s a common enemy. In this country it’s evry man for himself so face your front

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Obivibes: 11:01am On Aug 03, 2019
Salmoneus:
Revolution = treason
Get well soon dear
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Serveyouright(m): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2019
obembet:
Nigeria government can arrest those who are agitating for good governance but they can negotiate with Boko Haram, bandits and kidnappers, herdsmen even assuring us that Boko Haram can become Nigeria president.

#FreeSowore

Young lady becareful while going out for the protests. Buhari doesn't understand what democracy is all about. When he brought out ministerial list and i saw those he appointed into FEC, I realized that we are in serious trouble. People should be careful in Buhari second term because those guys he appointed to work with, some are dictator like him. Akpabio is one of them. When he was governor, he used violent and killing to silent those who oppossed him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Collins87: 11:04am On Aug 03, 2019
A shameless gov't doing shameless things. Buhari, a bigot.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by jchioma: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2019
maasoap:

But we can never see you and your likes on the streets, keyboards warriors. We knew how you showed your bravery here during the Kanu's agitation and we knew those who actually taken to the streets and got killed. We know you, only good at sending morrons on the streets while typing away their lives here.

Coward. The fear of death will keep you and your fellow zombies perpetually under bondage to bad governance and impunity of this government and your generation will be wasted the way Boko Haram, insurgents, kidnappers, Fulani herdsmen, poverty, SARs, etc. are wasting innocent souls.

So long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by selemo: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2019
lionjungle3000:
Sowore and DSS are the same. Sowore is DSS, DSS is Sowore. Foolish low IQ Nigerians being deceived. This whole thing was arranged to make him feel important, to distract youths! Hire few posters on social media, to start posting immediately he was arrested to start revolution. Started by arranging him to meet with Nnamdi kanu in US, to bring him to the level of Nnamdi Kanu. Then made him come back to Nigeria to be arrested like Nnamdi Kanu, thinking it will pull weight like Nnamdi Kanu. LOL.

SE and SS, stay out of this.. Yorubas should fight their revolution with Hausa-Fulani!
Trash...
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by aojully: 11:14am On Aug 03, 2019
We shall all prevail!
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Omoslim26: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2019
maasoap:

Yeah, we need leaders that will not see elections as opportunity to loot and enrich themselves with the common resources. But people like Sowore are neither here nor there. We saw how he embezzled over 300 million naira donated to him. Is that the kind of man that I will follow? Besides, we don't need more blood than what is being spilled now. Thanks, the message is as stale as the messenger

if we all put our heart into this it will get to a point where even sowore or anyother person wont matter anymore only what we tend to acheive will matter changing this country not just for ourselves but for our unborn generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by ChristianEast: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2019
KingOdart:

Sowore is an Ijaw from part of Ondo that are Ijaw
Stop making it tribal
So you guys have denied him now abi? Yoruba people are really great in deed.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by sheubaba2013: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2019
Where is the venue in Lagos, let's all come out in mass come August 5th
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by KingOdart(m): 11:21am On Aug 03, 2019
ChristianEast:

So you guys have denied him now abi? Yoruba people are really great in deed.

No denial here, I am just stating fact

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by ejimatic: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2019
Despirado121:
Nigerians on social media have attacked President Muhammadu Buhari over the report alleging that Omoyele Sowore, a human rights activist and pro-democracy campaigner, Department of State Services operatives invades and arrests him in his apartment earlier today.

Many Nigerians in their reaction accused Buhari of trying to use the DSS to intimidate Sowore so as not to carry out the planned #RevolutionNow protests slated for August 5.

Many well-meaning Nigerians are also calling for the release of the pro-democracy campaigner using #Freesowore hashtag on Twitter.

Security operatives suspected to be from the Department of State Security (DSS) have arrested a former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore.

Sowore, who is also the publisher of SaharaReporters, was arrested early Saturday.

The publisher posted a distress tweet around 1:25 am, saying “DSS invades Sowore’s.”

He also tweeted “Ja p” apparently indicating that his phone must have been seized while trying to raise the alarm about his arrest.

An associate confirmed the publisher was arrested at his apartment and his phone collected.

See more; https://foxmeek.com/politics/nigerians-react-to-sowores-arrest-over-revolutionnow-protests-slam-buhari
. Sowore contested and lost.Next is revolutionary protest.This is seditious and felonious. Detention is looming for any myopic Nigeria who joins him.He is on a wrong course.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2019
BUBU... you were very fast to arrest. Him??

I am not comparing ooo... But shites insulted you, your generation and the ones unborn even with fake certificate.. that you are struggling to prove its real.. its took you years before you became a reactor.

Who knows maybe ICC will have a special room for you!!

Kontinue.... CUP MUST EVENTUALLY GET FULL ONE DAY.. ONE DAY IS A DAY... REACTOR...!!

You still dey learn wen China (Hongkong) Russia and even Sudan... You can't slience.. The people's voice FOREVER!!!

Killings and 1000 Soldiers.....!! E NEVER.. REACH!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by femy080: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2019
BroadStreetBull:
In countries like Libya and Tunisia and the Arab world when a man calls for revolution he makes himself elusive. The authorities can't reach him.

You cannot call for a revolution and still be chilling in your parlour and fuccking your wife and expect the government to be smiling at you.
seriously your comment so hilarious.. But Truth talk
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by akiOYIBO: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2019
Oche211:

You are the perfect example of everything wrong with the Nigerian youth.
Cowardice, ethnic and tribal bigotry, religious bigotry, Suffering and smiling.
your people has been exhibiting the highest height of cowardice and bigotry from time immemorial. That Nigeria needs revolution today is as a result of the callous, diabolical and inhumane attitudes of your people. IPOB has been on revolution, but who are they that maimed, killed and twarted them? Your Yoruba people. You didnt join our revolution so we would not join yours. In fact, we will sabotage you. Go and fight for your one Nigeria, we are not Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by teepain: 11:39am On Aug 03, 2019
Stillthebest:
Nigerians re now so absorbed on internet and social media like we are the first one to experience the evolution of the internet.

Real revolution won't start from Twitter. Those people are never serious. Real revolutions will start with a few peoples match prompting others to follow. Just like Sudan where only 5 people started without online sensitivities then became 50, to 500, to 50000 and more.

Two days time if sowore is yet to be released Twitter warriors would have started trending with another thing.

All these our leaders know.. they always know that we are not ready for the fight. Buhari didn't call us lazy youths because we lazy about but because he knew we can never fight for our rights.

And that we aid and abett the leaders to steal.. followers are the real problems in NIGERIA leaders are only getting into the sordid situation because we stand for everything.

A bad follower can never make a good leader. Most followers who think they are Saint today just give them the opportunity watch them become worst...

Truer words have never been said.

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by ChristianEast: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2019
Marxists:

Dear fellow citizen. It would interest you to know that active and sleeper cells cuts across all tribes and religion. We have a common enemy. We also welcome you to join in birthing a new Nigeria that works for all at any point you feel its safe for you.

Enjoy watching us as we sacrifice our lives to give you a better future....
The SE has been sacrificing their lives, others should do the same.

In 1965, our young soldiers risked their lives in order to install Pa Awolowo who was in Calabar prison for treason as President, what did you guys do?

You tagged it Igbo coup leading to the massacre of innocent Igbos in Kano.

In 1967, we lead another revolution that would have fixed all these mess for good and install Pa Awolowo as President of Oodua Republic but what did you guys do?

Pa Awolowo was granted safe passage from Calabar prison but he starved millions of innocent Igbo children to death because of a plate of ewedu (Minister of Finance over President of Oodua)

In 2011, through Jonathan we led another revolution that would have decimated the northern hegemony and transfer real power to the Middle belt, but what did you guys do?

SW pulled out Southern Unity because of another plate of ewedu (VP) effectively transferring unlimited power to a dictator.

In 2015, NK through IPOB led another revolution that would have at least restructured the country and set each region on the path of sustainable development but what did you guys do?

You supported an evil government to waste the life of thousands of innocent youths whose crimes were only protesting against unlawful detention of their leader who crime was asking for a democratically recognised referendum.

In 2019, we led an AtikulateWave Revolution that would have given us at least another chance of restructuring, what did you guys do?

You were busy demonizing the same man you sang his praises in 2007 and 2015 and today many avoidable deaths (Shiites, herdsmen and others) have been recorded as a result of that indiscretion.

In Feb 2019, when the presidential results from SW started trickling in and Atiku was in early lead you guys were shouting SW are sophisticated.

But when the results started changing you guys started shouting Igbos are enemies of state, Igbos play politics of hatred, Igbos this and Igbos that despite voting more for Atiku than Ndi Igbo did just to demonize Igbos in APC so as to grab all the slots that should have gone to Ndi Igbo.

Yorubas should lead this revolution and leave us out of it, should it fail they would find a way to tag it Igbo Revolution.

Of course, they are already tagging it Ijaw Revolution.

May we never be a victim of betrayal from double-faced traitorous cowards.

AMEN!

3 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by uuzba(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2019
Obivibes:
Get well soon dear
Revolution = treason
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Alexis11: 11:57am On Aug 03, 2019
lionjungle3000:

The evil you afonjas campaigned and elected? You people need help. You shit everywhere, now it's messy, and want others to help you? Nah craze dey worry una. Abeg carry your cross and don't involve SE and SS in your "revolutionarrrrry" in Julius Malema accent.

How irrelevant are you lots without adding "SS"?!! grin cheesy

A Yoruba will never require the assistance of any IPOB. So relax. cool

cheesy
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by BigBashiru: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lubumbashi:
This is a fight between politicians. They want to co-opt gullible people to fight their battles. If you die in the so-called protests, your relatives will call you an idiot and those who advised you to enter the frontline will forget about you in a week. Let the politicians send their children to protest.

Wise words....
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by awetaiye2015: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
Oche211:

You are the perfect example of everything wrong with the Nigerian youth.
Cowardice, ethnic and tribal bigotry, religious bigotry, Suffering and smiling.

He is a child that has not even passed his JAMB. He thinks SS and SE are not part of Nigeria.
For the record, the Yorubas are warriors in making that can never be conquered in war.
Second, let's assume they conquer the Yorubas, u think they will stop there? U think they won't make attempt to move further? U think they are only interested in Western land or the whole Nigeria?
U better go back to ur desk and read ur book so u can pass ur JAMB and make ur parents proud.

This mindset is wat has put us all in this mess. Attitude of "no be my tribe". "Na them Sabi",
For the record, even if Nigeria should divide, u think there won't be internal problem? U think there won't be animal farm?
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
So Sowore is Yoruba now.

And when has Yorubas ever abadoned the Igbos claiming it is a Igbo revolution before?

Sowore is now from Abia state abi?

""And when has Yorubas ever abadoned the Igbos""

After the 1966 coup.

After Awolowo agreed n announced that he will take yoruba out of nigeria as soon as IGBOS announce their exit

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by apiski(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
I don't have any other reason to join in this fight but for the fact that I hate oppression in form it takes. My question is: it the protest taking place only in Lagos? How will those of us in other states get to participate? I can talk way too much but in things like this I just find myself acting more. Fighting for freedom is one of the things that gives meaning to my to my life. God knows how long I've been waiting for this day.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
obembet:
The arrest of sowore will be another reason for me to join the #RevolutionNow. #FreeSowore

My dear, please don't do this. Something bad will happen if you go.

This is a revelation..

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
i must admit,buhari doesnt understand how to deal with felas....
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2019
KrystalConnect:

My dear, please don't do this. Something bad will happen if you go.

This is a revelation..

i dont think any thing will happen....

i dont think buhari wan join fela wahala to his story....
Re: #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2019
kYjelly2:

How dumb can a niggaaa get?

Like wtf though? It hurts reading daft people’s comments on nairaland.

na so dem reason....

from his comment you can already detect that he is somebody that loves listening to radio biafra....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amotekun: Lagos, Osun, Ekiti Recruit 1,320 Militiamen. "They Can Use Guns" / Former PDP Chairman 'adamu Mu'azu' Visited By New Speaker Dogara (photos) / Abaribe To Wike: Go Ahead And Release Another Album, An Igbo Man Is No Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.