Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries (6506 Views)

Cars45 Or Jiji , Which Is Better For Buying A Good Car. / I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) / Inquiries About Lexus Es Series (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 10:43am On Aug 03, 2019
Sometime in June I place an ad to sell one of my cars on jiji. I received a chat from a client to come inspect the car. I responded with address hoping for feedback. I got none.

I viewed the user's profile that she had been online for a while. What struck me was my message didn't get delivered (the double tick). It got me think why would this happen.

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2019
So I decided maybe client would call, yet no calls. Well some days are like that. Few weeks later, a client called and requested for a visit same thing happened. No feedback from client so I decided call back, number didn't even connect. It dialed and failed showing call ended. Tried a few times with different lines same scenario.

I began receiving calls for Jiji requesting I should buy their premium plans. So I promised, though I knew it wouldn't change anything in online sales. Promoting my views doesn't guarantee sales. So decided if a buyers wants this at a particular price he/she will come for it and you strike a bargain.

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by ShenTeh(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2019
So whats fake about this.

Not everyone that prices your wares is going to buy.

Be optimistic still.

5 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2019
ShenTeh:
So whats fake about this.

Not everyone that prices your wares is going to buy.

Be optimistic still.

Story hasn't finished. There's a catch.

6 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by ShenTeh(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2019
snipesdam:

Story hasn't finished. There's a catch.

Oh OK. Lets have it
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by RZArecta2(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2019
Hide that lady’s profile

1 Like

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2019
So this week a client called me for an inquiry after a brief talk and bargain she decided to visit next day. Next till evening no call from client. I also got another call for same car same day, which sounded a lot hopeful. Waited both clients till evening no feedback.

At about 7pm I decided to try the numbers. Guess it didn't connect. I thought maybe it's current beef going on between GLO and MTN. No it wasn't. Even tried with my wife's phone.

Here is my Observation.

Jiji tend lure it's users with false buyers, giving them false hope. Like the chats that doesn't get delivered and you still see that the user's profile was last seen online few hours ago.

Then they call you to make it look real. The same number used to call you goes incognito. This attitude shown my jiji only spoils the brand.

If you think it's some false accusation try calling these numbers. I just tried again with wify phone it now says the numbers does not exist. I even had to save one of the numbers so I don't get it mixed up.

2 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2019
RZArecta2:
Hide that lady’s profile

Done
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by obiekunie2: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2019
to me online markets ended with the death of OLX.

South Africa did us strong things by killing OLX in west Africa.

JIJI HAS ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE SCAM TO ME.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by alphaNomega: 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
I miss OLX cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by uboma(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
alphaNomega:
I miss OLX cry

Same here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by bjstardom(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2019
snipesdam:
So this week a client called me for an inquiry after a brief talk and bargain she decided to visit next day. Next till evening no call from client. I also got another call for same car same day, which sounded a lot hopeful. Waited both clients till evening no feedback.

At about 7pm I decided to try the numbers. Guess it didn't connect. I thought maybe it's current beef going on between GLO and MTN. No it wasn't. Even tried with my wife's phone.

Here is my Observation.

Jiji tend lure it's users with false buyers, giving them false hope. Like the chats that doesn't get delivered and you still see that the user's profile was last seen online few hours ago.

Then they call you to make it look real. The same number used to call you goes incognito. This attitude shown my jiji only spoils the brand.

If you think it's some false accusation try calling these numbers. I just tried again with wify phone it now says the numbers does not exist. I even had to save one of the numbers so I don't get it mixed up.

During Olx time, they won't do such a repugnant stuff like this, I miss them badly

3 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by Tolzeal(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2019
They do this sometimes to authenticate the genuineness of your ads since we have lots of scammers playing around their platform.

Possible reasons;

1.Your pictures are not clear enough.

2.You have a very low price compared to other sellers of the same product on the platform.

3. They want you to believe you can get sales even with FREE listing.

You can hardly make sales on jiji lately without paid ads. It's crazy ! We need a new competitor since they have their ads price increased as well.

5 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by 4crownfortress(m): 1:44am On Aug 05, 2019
Witnessed something similar... a "prospective female buyer" called to enquire about the car, saying she wanted to buy it for her husband. On three different occasions for three different cars. I caught her the the third time and she ended the call cheesy. The number is not even connecting when I dialled it

6 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by Readonee35L(m): 4:28am On Aug 05, 2019
obiekunie2:
to me online markets ended with the death of OLX.

South Africa did us strong things by killing OLX in west Africa.

JIJI HAS ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE SCAM TO ME.
Jiji is trash.
It's a business centre.

I miss Tradestable
I miss olx

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by mctfopt: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2019
snipesdam:

A friend experienced something similar to this. A dude called, he gave the address to pick up product. Caller never made it to the place. Next is a call from jiji to upgrade
I guess the only people that stand a chance to sell are only those that paid for the ads. These scammy antics will be their downfall.

6 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by thebigkendo(m): 6:57am On Aug 05, 2019
4crownfortress:
Witnessed something similar... a "prospective female buyer" called to enquire about the car, saying she wanted to buy it for her husband. On three different occasions for three different cars. I caught her the the third time and she ended the call cheesy. The number is not even connecting when I dialled it

grin grin
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by Consumerprotect(f): 4:30am On Aug 08, 2019
snipesdam:

Here is my Observation.

same lady, same numbers, she calls to give false hope.

2 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2019
I experienced the same thing last week, it was a call from a lady.

1 Like

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by trifonov: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
v
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by HRtechnique: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
mctfopt:

A friend experienced something similar to this. A dude called, he gave the address to pick up product. Caller never made it to the place. Next is a call from jiji to upgrade
I guess the only people that stand a chance to sell are only those that paid for the ads. These scammy antics will be their downfall.

Those are the scam department.
Ensuring the safety of the site for buyers.
That is the entire goal.

Yes the process can be better but the calls is to confirm that you are not fake.

Once they notice your price is unfair or too low or pictures not clear or content not clear, they will call.
Na Naija we dey and they want to be careful

The above is the truth.
I sold my car on Jiji in one day when I paid for boost anyway. Never tried the free version though.
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by luvluvluv: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
My cat is currently there in their paid package. One week so far only two calls. One number is never reachable after we spoke.

I pray my car sells cos i need money urgently.

BTW, which other market place does anyone recommend?
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by mctfopt: 4:41am On Aug 09, 2019
HRtechnique:

Those are the scam department.
Ensuring the safety of the site for buyers.
That is the entire goal.

Yes the process can be better but the calls is to confirm that you are not fake.

Once they notice your price is unfair or too low or pictures not clear or content not clear, they will call.
Na Naija we dey and they want to be careful

The above is the truth.
I sold my car on Jiji in one day when I paid for boost anyway. Never tried the free version though.

Price was normal.

Pictures super clear.

The thing is, I don't trust the jiji peeps as it appeared that only boosted ads gets seen. That's not really a good business model.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by trifonov: 8:11am On Aug 09, 2019
snipesdam:
Sometime in June I place an ad to sell one of my cars on jiji. I received a chat from a client to come inspect the car. I responded with address hoping for feedback. I got none.

I viewed the user's profile that she had been online for a while. What struck me was my message didn't get delivered (the double tick). It got me think why would this happen.

My name is Alex and I'm in charge of making Jiji better all the time. Could you send me details of your Jiji account via alex@jiji. ng or WhatsApp/Telegram +2349036658078. When I'll get more data, I could respond to you
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2019
Dude above me tho... Thanks for your nice gesture.

Already gave enough info here with people who experienced it too.

9 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by trifonov: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2019
snipesdam:
Dude above me tho... Thanks for your nice gesture.

Already gave enough info here with people who experienced it too.

I need his phone number or email to find his account in our system to detect a problem and trying to clarify it for everyone
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by snipesdam(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2019
Diportivo come serve this guy...
Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by diportivo: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2019
trifonov:

I need his phone number or email to find his account in our system to detect a problem and trying to clarify it for everyone

2 Likes

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by weyreypey: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
trifonov:

My name is Alex and I'm in charge of making Jiji better all the time. Could you send me details of your Jiji account via alex@jiji. ng or WhatsApp/Telegram +2349036658078. When I'll get more data, I could respond to you
Jiji is a criminal organisation. If not carbazr would not be on your website

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by lordkenny(m): 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2019
Well I dont know about your experience sha. but I got my car on Jiji and its after pricing and making enquiries from different sellers. Some i made enquiry only once and either their price or the car condition turned me off. Not everyone is a scam though. Also got some furniture there as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by leomarz007: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
I'm somewhat glad am not the only one running mad on this. Good one guys. Jiji off recent is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries by fotadmowmend(m): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
Olx is far better....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda / Camry 2007 AC Headache / Car Care Tips During The Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.