Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard (47355 Views)

Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit / Akinfoluhan Akinleye & Chinedu Mgbemena Winners Of 2018 Maths Cowbellpedia / Ernest Munachiso Eze & Jessey Uche-Nwichi Win Cowbellpedia 2017 Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
This year's cowbellpedia 2019 TV game show will commence soon and I cannot but notice a particular boy called Jesse Uche-Nwichi whom I have been following closely after his triumph at the 2017 Junior category where he blazed through the rounds and finals and dusted everyone to become the National winner in the Junior category. I know for sure that he would not disappoint and will be back for the Senior category. So, when the results of the written examinations came out, I rushed to check if his name will appear as one of the qualified candidates and I was not very much surprised to see that he is coming back as he scored a total of 98% in the written exams.

It was the manner in which he won that was surprising.......he was very cool, calm and focused and supplied answers as though they were right in front of him. I remember that he once said that he does not feel anyone is a threat to him

This year's episode is going to be a serious cracker and I cannot wait for the fireworks to begin.

Jessey is a student of Graceland International School, Port-Harcourt. He will also meet some of his familiar foes at the senior school edition.His pictures are attached below.

Jessey will be attempting to equal the records of Munachi Earnest-Eze of Loyola Jesuit College Abuja who won both the Junior and Senior categories of the competition in 2015 and 2017 espectively.

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
ADEYANJU OLUWAFEMI WILL NOT MAKE IT A WALK IN THE PARK FOR JESSEY smiley smiley smiley

The number 1 foe Jessey would be seeing in this year's edition is another mathematics prodigy known as Adeyanju Oluwafemi from Jesuit Memorial College, Rivers. At the 2017 edition, Oluwafemi was a finalist with Jessey and he emerged 2nd position. Now, Oluwafemi is back to challenge for the title. He did not make it hard to stamp his intentions as he had a perfect score of 100% in the written examination to qualify for the finals. In fact, he is one of the 3 candidates that scored a 100% across the nation in the written exams.
I cannot wait to see how he will give Jessey a run for his money this time around.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2019
JOEL NDOH IS ALSO WAITING cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

At the 2017 Junior edition, Joel Ndoh was a finalist and he was so good he barely used a pen to solve. He will be firing from all cylinders this time around as he demystified the national examinations with a perfect score of 100% just like Oluwafemi.

Joel is a student of Marist Brothers Juniorate school Uturu, Abia state. In fact, all the 5 students that sat for the national examination from that school qualified for the quiz such that none of them scored less than 98%. The school will be one to look out for this season.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
SOME BASIC FACTS ABOUT THIS YEAR'S EDITION

There will be 108 students for the finals.....54 per category(Junior and Senior)

17 National winners(top 17 nationwide) and 37 state winners were picked per category to make a total of 54

12 students had a perfect score of 100% from the junior category at the national examinations

3 students had a perfect score of 100% from the senior category at the national examination

The 3 students that had a perfect score of 100% in the senior category are from Marist Brothers Juniorate-Abia, Bibo Oluwa Academy-Osun and Jesuit Memorial College- Rivers.

The winner will take home 2 million Naira, 1st runner up will get 1.5 million Naira and 2nd runner up will get 1 million Naira. These are excluding other benefits.

The teachers will get 500k, 400k and 300k respectively.

About 11 pupils who were part of the Junior category in 2017 seems to be back (not sure yet).

The show will commence airing by August 10,2019.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
JESSEY UCHE-NWICHI'S TRIUMPH

In case you missed it, here is a recap of the 2017 edition of the Cowbellpedia in which Jessey Uche-Nwichi won the Junior category. The link also contains the finals for the senior category as well.

The Cowbellpedia competition is usually one I look out for every year. This may be due to the fact that I am a teacher or just maybe because I wrote it as well when I was in secondary school- I represented my school in the Junior and Senior categories. However, in our own time, you would only be told the state winner and only 36 candidates will write the finals (1 per state). With technology and the likes, the exam has received more followership and a more detailed review of results. Also, the introduction of the quiz show has made it more fun and it is so exhilarating to watch

Promasidor should be commended for doing a very great job way back from 1998 in ensuring a continuity of the competition.

Other companies should wake up and organise these sort of competitions for students. THE ZAIN AFRICAN CHALLENGE for example, is dead cry and it used to be an interesting battle amongst Universities across Africa.

Enjoy the 2017 clip attached below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XKQZxrSPc

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by kernniejay(m): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2019
In other words, it will be a clash of the titans

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Born2Breed(f): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
Looking forward to the day one of kids will compete here too....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by ise82(m): 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2019
Better than bbnaija. We nid promote this.

244 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by JubrinElSudan: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
I will gladly sponsor shows like this when I have the money. Note the condition "WHEN " in that sentence oh embarassed wink

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
kernniejay:
In other words, it will be a clash of the titans
You can say that again

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
Born2Breed:
Looking forward to the day one of kids will compete here too....
What do you want them to compete for here? cheesy I guess you meant that you are looking forward to the day one of your kids will compete at this cowbellpedia. Right?

5 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
I will gladly sponsor shows like this if I have the money. Note the condition "IF" in that sentence oh embarassed wink
Okay. God will provide cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by TheRealOwner(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
I will gladly sponsor shows like this if I have the money. Note the condition "IF" in that sentence oh embarassed wink
Why if?? Why not When?

15 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by JubrinElSudan: 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2019
TheRealOwner:

Why if?? Why not When?
If or When, I never get their money yet grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by chukzyfcbb: 11:25pm On Aug 03, 2019
Cowbell competition.

I remember when I was not picked to represent in the junior section coz my best friend led me with 2marks.
I had a personal beef with him for no reason,lol

These fellas are hot.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 11:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
Cowbell competition.

I remember when I was not picked to represent in the junior section coz my best friend led me with 2marks.
I had a personal beef with him for no reason,lol

These fellas are hot.

grin cheesy grin cheesy. Pele

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Factgist: 12:59am On Aug 04, 2019
Wow.. Igbo Amaka

36 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by ratioxyz: 5:29am On Aug 04, 2019
It is a season of Surprises
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by boss1310(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2019
oh how I wish this can command the popularity of this BBN programme,in the 80's companies fight to sponsor programmes like this and football then but now I dont know if the whole just want to encourage immorality.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by boss1310(m): 6:27am On Aug 04, 2019
oh how I wish this can command the popularity of this BBN programme,in the 80's companies fight to sponsor programmes like this and football then but now I dont know if the whole world just want to encourage immorality.

10 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by nams77: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2019
Father in heaven, grant my kids this kind of brilliance. In Jesus name,amen.

On the other hand, its a shame that things like this are not getting the needed attention. I am just angry. And they wonder why most of the youths behave the way they do. I dont watch that bbn shi*t and you dare not put it on in my house.
Nonsense program

Naturalwaves, thanks for posting this here. Its like a breath of fresh air. It good to know that there are still students who aspire and strive for academic excellence.
The mods like lalastilala, seun will only move if it is a snake or dog thread. Smh

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:37am On Aug 04, 2019
Abeg time and station 2 watch such interesting brilliant minds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Abeg time and station 2 watch such interesting brilliant minds

There will be at least 13 episodes in all and the show will be aired in 6 local stations, Dstv African Magic as well as AIT network from August 10.So, keep tabs on them. Moreover, in case you miss any of the series, just go to YouTube and you can watch from the cowbellpedia channel. Betterstill, subscribe to the channel and click on the notification bell so that you will be notified once a fresh episode is uploaded. This is a link to the Cowbellpedia channel below:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0cpyv-4619wm0Qy11wrP7Q

This year's edition is season 5 so when it starts, the videos will be in these format... SE05E1(Season 5 episode 1), S05E2(Season 5 Episode 2) and so on. This way, you will be able to keep tabs on which one you have watched and which one has been newly uploaded.

On the YouTube channel, I think fresh episodes are usually uploaded on Fridays around afternoon time. Once you follow the channel you should be good.

With 12 Junior national qualifiers scoring a perfect score of 100% in the qualifying exams, this is not an episode one should ever miss. I cannot wait to see how the young lads battle for honors both in the Junior and senior categories.

Here is a trailer for Season 5 also....... Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZc574jTvw

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2019
nams77:
Father in heaven, grant my kids this kind of brilliance. In Jesus name,amen.

On the other hand, its a shame that things like this are not getting the needed attention. I am just angry. And they wonder why most of the youths behave the way they do. I dont watch that bbn shi*t and you dare not put it on in my house.
Nonsense program

Naturalwaves, thanks for posting this here. Its like a breath of fresh air. It good to know that there are still students who aspire and strive for academic excellence.
The mods like lalastilala, seun will only move if it is a snake or dog thread. Smh
Thank you bro. Had to take my time to come up with the write- up so we can shift focus to something more sensible. It is even possible to have a reality show for smart children where they will be in the house and they will garner followership as well. Something like a Summer school challenge but useless stuffs and immorality is now the order of the day.

I even observe that a bulk of Nigerian youths are now so useless. 80%+ of them smoke cannabis and Marijuana and do so much alcohol. Young irresponsible parents with no clue on how to raise a child are springing up. They give birth to children they cannot take care of and then pour them on the government. It is such a shame! Whereas, parents and teachers of these young ones are putting in enormous effort to guide and gaurd their future well. I remember the ever gentle, smiling, Ayodeji Akinkuowo from Ondo state who is now studying Aeronautics Engineering in Russia on scholarship based on his performance at the show when he won in 2015. Munachin Earnest-Eze is having a shot at MIT as well and so many others.

See the 60 seconds of fame of Ayodeji here and how he blazed the questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdA5roiLedc

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by ArticleBeast: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2019
boss1310:
oh how I wish this can command the popularity of this BBN programme,in the 80's companies fight to sponsor programmes like this and football then but now I dont know if the whole just want to encourage immorality.
Because sex sells

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by nams77: 9:14am On Aug 04, 2019
naturalwaves:

Thank you bro. Had to take my time to come up with the write- up so we can shift focus to something more sensible. It is even possible to have a reality show for smart children where they will be in the house and they will garner followership as well. Something like a Summer school challenge but useless stuffs and immorality is now the order of the day.

I even observe that a bulk of Nigerian youths are now so useless. 80%+ of them smoke cannabis and Marijuana and do so much alcohol. Young irresponsible parents with no clue on how to raise a child are springing up. They give birth to children they cannot take care of and then pour them on the government. It is such a shame! Whereas, parents and teachers of these young ones are putting in enormous effort to guide and gaurd their future well. I remember the ever gentle, smiling, Ayodeji Akinkuowo from Ondo state who is now studying Aeronautics Engineering in Russia on scholarship based on his performance at the show when he won in 2015. Munachin Earnest-Eze is having a shot at MIT as well and so many others.

See the 60 seconds of fame of Ayodeji here and how he blazed the questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdA5roiLedc

God bless u bro

8 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2019
nams77:

God bless u bro
Amen. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by InansBobo(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2019
I came 11th in the jnr category state stage in 2014 sha.

In my state, one Mount Saint Gabriel School leads always, they came 1st to 3rd during my time

4 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
naturalwaves:

There will be at least 13 episodes in all and the show will be aired in 6 local stations, Dstv African Magic as well as AIT network from August 10.So, keep tabs on them. Moreover, in case you miss any of the series, just go to YouTube and you can watch from the cowbellpedia channel. Betterstill, subscribe to the channel and click on the notification bell so that you will be notified once a fresh episode is uploaded. This is a link to the Cowbellpedia channel below:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0cpyv-4619wm0Qy11wrP7Q

This year's edition is season 5 so when it starts, the videos will be in these format... SE05E1(Season 5 episode 1), S05E2(Season 5 Episode 2) and so on. This way, you will be able to keep tabs on which one you have watched and which one has been newly uploaded.

On the YouTube channel, I think fresh episodes are usually uploaded on Fridays around afternoon time. Once you follow the channel you should be good.

With 12 Junior national qualifiers scoring a perfect score of 100% in the qualifying exams, this is not an episode one should ever miss. I cannot wait to see how the young lads battle for honors both in the Junior and senior categories.

Here is a trailer for Season 5 also....... Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZc574jTvw

Ok man tnx for the analysis

4 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Olorunnim: 12:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
The past winners are not studying in Nigeria that munachi guy and the likes,I really want jessy to win

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities / Maiduguri: Students Carry See-through Bags To School (photo) / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.