Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard (47387 Views)

Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit / Akinfoluhan Akinleye & Chinedu Mgbemena Winners Of 2018 Maths Cowbellpedia / Ernest Munachiso Eze & Jessey Uche-Nwichi Win Cowbellpedia 2017 Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
nonjebose:

Thanks so much for this breath of fresh air. I suggest you post updates of the weekly show on this platform. I believe nairaland mods would push it to the front page.
I intend to do that. I just hope they will give it a space on the front page like they do to BBNaija and the likes. Had to call them severally before this one was moved to the front page. Thank God they finally moved it. The organisers of the show are not even doing enough to promote it. The Youtube channel for example, usually attract few views and few comments and that is not right. These sort of competition needs to be publicised and drummed and made mouth watering. Viewers should look forward to episodes. Children should be made to watch and that is why I am just trying the little I can to promote the show.

3 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by spyglaxx: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

Yeah right.
When is SPAK by interswitch starting?
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by frozen70(f): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
Better than BBA Naija
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by NACE13: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
kings59:

During primary and secondary, the brain is always sharp and fast because your parents will support and care for you, but when at the university or school, men!! you will reason reasons like;

How will I eat today?

How will I pay my house rent?

How will I buy hand outs?

How much will I give this my Gf?

How shall I tell my parents I need another money?

Lmao grin Frankly, I experienced same thing while growing up; I was my dad's favourite because of his love for mathematics.
I started going down when I got into secondary school and it became worse when I had my first GF. I stopped anything academics and put everything into our relationship. A big fool I was then to think love is real.

It took me a couple of years to recover from both heartbreak and academics. At a point my parents thought 'village people' had taken away my brain, not knowing it's because of a girl and I couldn't open up to them( you know naija parents na).

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by dalexy101037(m): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Pls, I still don't understand something about this cowbellpedia. This kids answer this mathematics question few seconds after the quizmaster or anchor read out the question. My question is, have they seen or worked out the question before? If my observation is right, this kids answer it just seeing the question on the screen, few or rare occasion takes time to work it out. If my observation is right, then give me some minute to cry and give myself some heavy knocks on my head. Olodo ni mi mhen.

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by nonjebose(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

I intend to do that. I just hope they will give it a space on the front page like they do to BBNaija and the likes. Had to call them severally before this one was moved to the front page. Thank God they finally moved it. The organisers of the show are not even doing enough to promote it. The Youtube channel for example, usually attract few views and few comments and that is not right. These sort of competition needs to be publicised and drummed and made mouth watering. Viewers should look forward to episodes. Children should be made to watch and that is why I am just trying the little I can to promote the show.
There are parents on this forum, as such these Mods should give attention to the program by pushing news or highlights from this competition to the front page. There may even be a window of opportunity for someone here.

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by dejai99: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
The preliminary up to the semi final have already been done. Though not yet aired. My school is in the final (junior category).
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Cosbyrich: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

I follow them personally but you can check out the past winners on wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowbellpedia

Thanks wink
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
dalexy101037:
Pls, I still don't understand something about this cowbellpedia. This kids answer this mathematics question few seconds after the quizmaster or anchor read out the question. My question is, have they seen or worked out the question before? If my observation is right, this kids answer it just seeing the question on the screen, few or rare occasion takes time to work it out. If my observation is right, then give me some minute to cry and give myself some heavy knocks on my head. Olodo ni mi mhen.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. You are a clown. I swear!
As a teacher, I can tell you that the brain of a child can be moulded to learn anything no matter how complex it is. A primary 1 child can be taught Algebria. A child in primary school can master Calculus.

Have you ever heard of Judith Polgar? Judith Polgar is the woman with the highest IQ and a Chess grandmaster. Her dad used her to perform an experiment to show that Genuiuses are made and not born. He taught his children personally at home with Chess as a major subject smiley. The rest they say is history. You can read more on this wikipedia page here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judit_Polg%C3%A1r

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by fjjc(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:
SOME BASIC FACTS ABOUT THIS YEAR'S EDITION

There will be 108 students for the finals.....54 per category(Junior and Senior)

17 National winners(top 17 nationwide) and 37 state winners were picked per category to make a total of 54

12 students had a perfect score of 100% from the junior category at the national examinations

3 students had a perfect score of 100% from the senior category at the national examination

The 3 students that had a perfect score of 100% in the senior category are from Marist Brothers Juniorate-Abia, Bibo Oluwa Academy-Osun and Jesuit Memorial College- Rivers.

The winner will take home 2 million Naira, 1st runner up will get 1.5 million Naira and 2nd runner up will get 1 million Naira. These are excluding other benefits.

The teachers will get 500k, 400k and 300k respectively.

About 11 pupils who were part of the Junior category in 2017 seems to be back (not sure yet).

The show will commence airing by August 10,2019.
If this country want to attain her status in the committe of nations I say this is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
dejai99:
The preliminary up to the semi final have already been done. Though not yet aired. My school is in the final (junior category).
In media, the recording usually precede the airing. Let us see how the airing goes. Don't let the cat out of the bag o cheesy
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
fjjc:

If this country want to attain her status in the committe of nations I say this is the way to go.
You know , our sports is dead too due to a lack of competition. There should be District, Local government, State and then National competition for sports at all levels . That way, we will get our best for the Nation. Usain Bolt was already a Champion at Junior school level before he advanced to the senior and we can all see the result. If you go to Jamaica and ask them who the best 100m, 200m, 400m runners in the country are in the secondary school level at both Junior and Senior category, they know! No magomago , nothing and you can see why they keep on doing well despite limited resources. Our performance at the International Mathematics Olympiad has not been impressive at all. We still have a lot to do as a nation.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hmmmm,sweet memories....goshhh!!! My kids must love mathematics just like me and this kids....kids I come across nowadays just have hatred for mathematics

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by NL1960: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
dalexy101037:

The students put in a lot of hard work of solving past questions and with their teachers, looking at several variations of the same question. When such a variation comes out, the students already have an idea. There is a pattern and strategy to solving mathematical questions. These top schools start preparing their students at least 18 months before the competition meaning, for Junior category, preparations starts in JSS2 and for Senior category, preparation starts in SS1.

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
spyglaxx:

When is SPAK by interswitch starting?
I do not have an idea
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by piagetskinner(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
Chai I used to fear mathematics back in secondary school... it took lots of extra lessons and Gods grace to help me land a B in WAEC

I de vex when I see am for job aptitude tests

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves you might be interested in "Chiagozie Henry Aniobi" here
https://www.imo-official.org/participant_r.aspx?id=19734

At the International Mathematics Olympiad (one of the most difficult exams in the world), Nigeria managed to accumulate just 5 bronze medals despite having been participating since 2006. Guess what? 4 out of the 5 bronze belongs to Chiagozie alone.
He is the most successful Mathematics competitor in Nigerian history.

Here's a list for you to verify
https://www.imo-official.org/country_individual_r.aspx?code=NGA&column=year&order=desc

4 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Figloz(m): 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
ise82:
Better than bbnaija. We nid promote this.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by realestniggah: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

Munachi is now at the University of Toronto studying Aeronautics Engineering. Ayodeji Akinkuowo is in Russia too studying Aeronautics Engineering.

I'm glad they are not wasting their potential in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Gerrard59(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

EEyah. I tried to get to the hot seat as well and read like mad............geography o, oscars o, grammy o etc. I could recite all the past presidents of America , all the Oscar award winning movies and the amount they won etc. I read like mad but never got called up. My roomate was called because I also used his number to dial and I told him to mention my name if he ever gets a call since he was not prepared for the hot seat. When he was called, he forgot and mentioned his name. He was asked that, how many stars are on the US flag. He said 2 cheesy cheesy cheesy instead of 50 and that was how he blew his shot at FF. You do not have to get the answer correct though. If they call 8 people, they will first pick those who are the closest to the answer and begin to call others.

You're experienced in the game. Regarding my preparation, my only weak point was (and still is) the Oscars or anything relating to movies and general entertainment/arts related information. Other than that, I literally covered everything that ought to be covered.

Too bad no firm continued from where MTN stopped. One needs to be buoyant to sponsor similar programs for the upcoming generation.

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by subcbouy: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
naturalwaves:

Thank you bro. Had to take my time to come up with the write- up so we can shift focus to something more sensible. It is even possible to have a reality show for smart children where they will be in the house and they will garner followership as well. Something like a Summer school challenge but useless stuffs and immorality is now the order of the day.

I even observe that a bulk of Nigerian youths are now so useless. 80%+ of them smoke cannabis and Marijuana and do so much alcohol. Young irresponsible parents with no clue on how to raise a child are springing up. They give birth to children they cannot take care of and then pour them on the government. It is such a shame! Whereas, parents and teachers of these young ones are putting in enormous effort to guide and gaurd their future well. I remember the ever gentle, smiling, Ayodeji Akinkuowo from Ondo state who is now studying Aeronautics Engineering in Russia on scholarship based on his performance at the show when he won in 2015. Munachin Earnest-Eze is having a shot at MIT as well and so many others.

See the 60 seconds of fame of Ayodeji here and how he blazed the questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdA5roiLedc

Totally agree on that reality TV for these kids--- Kiddo's channels

1 Like

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by bamirotola: 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
NL1960:

Do not overate an aboki o. When you meet the intelligent ones, they are genius to the core. It was an aboki in my secondary school that first made us believe that you can get 100 in JAMB maths as he got it in his set. So every maths guy in every set was now targeting 100 in Jamb maths since somebody has proven that it is possible. One aboki in my set then, if his classmates in his class want to beat him to the first position, they tactically force him to read for 45 minutes during prep when preparing for exams. Na just 20-30 minutes the guy dey read during prep and he go scatter the exam.

He may be the local champion in your school!
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Gerrard59(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2019
dalexy101037:

To add to what Natualwaves has said, I served in a school where students were prepped to ace the test using approved past questions. Thorough grilling by experts in the game. Monday - Saturday: 9am -6pm. The proprietor even had to get the first teacher who prepped students of Ambassadors' College for Cowbellpedia to tutor his. So unlike what some persons opined, it's thorough prepping not pre-set questions that make those students perform like Einsteins.

2 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Jameshyrated(m): 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
Please which station will be showing it..
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by TSRC: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
MathsEconomics:

At the International Mathematics Olympiad (one of the most difficult exams in the world), Nigeria managed to accumulate just 5 bronze medals despite having been participating since 2006. Guess what? 4 out of the 5 bronze belongs to Chiagozie alone.

https://www.imo-official.org/country_individual_r.aspx?code=NGA&column=year&order=desc
I just checked it.
He must be an absolute genius.

It is a shame we have only managed to win bronzes, and most of them from a single individual, despite having nearly a hundred representatives.
I didn't want to check for China so as not to ruin my mood.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
TSRC:

I just checked it.

It is a shame we have only managed to win bronzes, and most of them from a single individual, despite having nearly a hundred representatives.

In China. Working hard is a tradition.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by TSRC: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
MathsEconomics:

In China. Working hard is a tradition.
True.
They study to the point of madness.

Nigerians can't touch them.
We still have time for extra curriculars, they don't.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
Gerrard59:

You're experienced in the game. Regarding my preparation, my only weak point was (and still is) the Oscars or anything relating to movies and general entertainment/arts related information. Other than that, I literally covered everything that ought to be covered.

Too bad no firm continued from where MTN stopped. One needs to be buoyant to sponsor similar programs for the upcoming generation.
I am not a Movie person too. I had to learn strategically. For example, the highest number of Oscar awards that has ever been won by any movie is 11 and only 3 movies won this. They are Ben Hur(1959), Titanic(1997), Lord of the Rings(2001). The formula therefore is BEN HUR'S TITANIC IS THE LORD OF THE RINGS grin. Only 1 movie won 10 awards and that is West Side Story which came out in 1961. 3 movies have won 9 awards and they are The English Patient, Gigi, The Last Emperor. Sentence formula is The English patient with the Gigi has gone to see The Last Emperor. The English Patient was sick so she could not watch Nigeria play at the 1996 Olympics grin- This means that the movie was released in 1996. A friend of mine named Dammy was born in 1987. I will just say.....Dammy is the Last Emperor- Means the movie came out in 1987 and so on wink. If we move to 8, about 7 Movies have won 8 Oscar awards. The sentence formula is My Fair Lady named Armadius Gandhi has Gone With The Winds. I learnt she has now become a SlumDog Millionnaire. Therefore, the Movies are 1. My Fair Lady 2. Armadius, 3. Gandhi, 4. Gone with the winds, 5. Slum dog millionnaire etc etc. I cannot remember my formulas again. Been a while.Knowing almost all of them will help you to eliminate options even if you do not know the particular question so well.It was such a pity I did not get to sit on the hot seat. I doubt if I would get less than a 5 million naira if I did. During recordings, I supply answers to the advanced questions before options.

See My formula for the history of the world cup and past winners. The world cup started in 1930

UI2 N2 Read as UI square N square.....Uruguay, Italy, Italy, No competition, No competition (1930- 1946)

UGB2E. Read as UGBE SQUARE.....Uruguay, Germany, Brazil, Brazil, England (1950-1966)

BGAIA.....Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Italy, Argentina (1970- 1986)

GBFBI........Germany, Brazil, France, Brazil, Italy (1990- 2006)

and so on.............I was a walking encyclopedia at that time. Wetin I no memorise. All countries and capitals, all past American Presidents, all presidents of each country, all currencies, all rivers in Europe, Africa etc. I just dey read like mad. So, when the show is on and I supply answers, people usually wonder why I am not on the hot seat since I do not even wait for options. lol. I did not have that element of luck. I was beside Aroma Ufodike before his recording started and I was just like who is this guy disturbing me(he was smoking)....not knowing he would win 10 million naira that day grin

3 Likes

Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
MathsEconomics:

Thanks for sharing. Let me relax and have a good read.
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by dalexy101037(m): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
Natural wave and nL 1960.. I appreciate you guys for explaining. O really thought those kids are performing magic every time. Now I understand is hard-work, dedication. Human brain can do anything in as much the owner of the brain is willing to embrace the process
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by naturalwaves: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
TSRC:

I just checked it.

I follow the IMO and it is tough bro. A bronze medal at the IMO is something that I cannot even quantify the significance.If you win a bronze medal, your IQ should be comparable to those of Pascal, Lagrange, Lebesque and other mathematical greats. There was a time CHINA won for years. When USA finally won some years back, the country celebrated as though they won the World cup. Guess what? Out of the American team of 4 students, 3 of them are Asians and even the last 1 looks like half Asian, half American cheesy. Online trolls mocked America and said America won it because their team was filled with Asians. Do you follow "Raytheon Mathscount" competition? That is another crazy one in America. That is their version of Cowbellpedia. You can follow the channel. See a clip attached below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTeN17Z4rc&t=581s
Re: Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
TSRC:

True.
They study to the point of madness.

Nigerians can't touch them.
We still have time for extra curriculars, they don't.

Please don't tempt me to discuss the backwardness of our education system, because anytime I think about how wrong we're operating in this country with respect to education, I'm always in tears.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities / See How My Students Wrote Exams This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.