Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes (17366 Views)

Citizens Of Different Countries Show Bad Roads Where They Live / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by AutoJoshNG: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2019

The Lagos State Public Works Corporation, LSPWC, has urged Lagos residents to be patient as it doubles efforts to fix potholes and ensure roads remain motorable as we approach the last quarter of the year.

The General Manager of the Corporation, Engr. Olufemi Daramola disclosed this yesterday during a chat with news correspondents on the activities of the Corporation since mid-June 2019.

He said LSPWC is fully aware of the situation of roads in the State and efforts are in top gear to alleviate the discomfort commuters encounter on some of the bad roads, emphasising that the Corporation is determined to rehabilitate all damaged roads in furtherance of the Executive Order of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

He explained that palliatives with boulders and crushed stones were done at Oke-Afa, Isolo, Ejigbo, Ikotun-Ijegun axis, Oba Sekumade and Bayeku Road at Ikorodu, Ahmadu Bello Way and other similar strategic roads, adding that the Corporation also graded Ikorodu Road and Mile 12 inward Ketu on Tuesday to reduce travel time and ameliorate the trouble commuters experience on the axis pending a permanent solution.

While noting that challenging road situations ranging from potholes, isolated potholes, craters and failed portions of roads across all the Local Governments preceded his assumption of office, he revealed that a lot of resources to repair non-functional equipment and plants have been invested by the present administration.

Daramola assured residents that the State government is working hard to ensure that pot-holes on major roads are drastically reduced or totally eliminated, and in cases where they occur, the response rate by the Agency would be faster, stressing that some of the roads have outlived their life span.

The General Manager also acknowledged that the number of bad roads in Lagos is high and must be done in phases according to the level of importance, emphasising that the Corporation has a strong mandate to get rid of potholes
in the city within the shortest possible time.

Source: https://autojosh.com/bad-roads-lagos-effort-fix-potholes/
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by megafaraday(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
I wonder what LSPWC has been doing for the past 4years. If they had been working like they are now Lagos roads won't be in this degenerate state.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ight
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
megafaraday:
I wonder what LSPWC has been doing for the past work. If they had been working like they are now Lagos roads won't be in this degenerate state.

People that are mad.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
Useless state.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
The traffic they cause everyday all In the name of fixing potholes alone. On thursday, I was stuck on Lateef Jakande Road for more than an hour. LTV to Omole was on a standstill. I wonder why they can't fix it in the midnight though, between the hours of 1-3am.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Miracle4Sure: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by mkoabiola: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
Which ikotun ijegun road b that...d road is still one of worst road in Lagos

All liars shall perish

3 Likes

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by hamid6249: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
I live in lagos ...I can boldly say that Lagos is an over hyped city , bad roads, thugs everywhere, insecurity , pick pockets , agbero wahala ....6 out of 10 people in IKEJA ( a whole state capital)are out there to dupe you ...phone snatchers are kings and untouchable in some part of lagos ...over population to mention a few

The city is over hyped lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by dhardline(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
Is it impossible for the state or federal government

when giving out the contracts for these roads to enforce

a 50 year time frame before any major repair is carried

out again on these roads to the contractors? What will it

cost them to include this in the contract terms? It does

not make sense to continue spending scarce resources

on the same set of roads almost every year.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by seuncyber(m): 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
Fix mile 12 the traffic is madt

Don't just pour sand after 2 days the roads are bad again

1 Like

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
edigo1:
Good........

Most places in naija, we don't have potholes on pur roads but we have roads on our potholes....

This one weak me oo. See finishing.

1 Like

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:37pm On Aug 03, 2019
AryaSand:
The traffic they cause everyday all In the name of fixing potholes alone. On thursday, I was stuck on Lateef Jakande Road for more than an hour. LTV to Omole was on a standstill. I wonder why they can't fix it in the midnight though, between the hours of 1-3am.

So that Amaka people can kidnap them?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
AryaSand:

i thought that was the plan sad sad sad
Nigeria sha sad
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
Good........

Most places in naija, we don't have potholes on our roads but we have roads on our potholes....

5 Likes

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
ornicus:

i thought that was the plan sad sad sad
Nigeria sha sad

They do the patch patch during the day o. Like, they just rush the whole thing so they can take photos and post on social media. So annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Oritsewhandey(m): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
AryaSand:

People that are mad.
Must you curse them?
What if your relative works among them?

1 Like

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by ChasePlug(m): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
Okurr
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by martineverest(m): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
useless people...the new method of road maintenance in Lagos is to fill potholes with gravel and sand and they leave it that way...this rubbish started during ambode's era

no Lagos governor can beat fashola.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Teejayphillip(m): 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
Sanwo Olu I salute u on d road fixing..... If we can’t get good road,atleast refixing ain’t bad...

Keep up with d good work better Governor...

Uve earned my respect
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Techwriter: 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
it has never been this bad. Ikeja is worse. its as if Ambode poured something on the roads to make the job of the new governor more difficult. I didnt say so but just thinking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Oritsewhandey(m): 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2019
hamid6249:
I live in lagos ...I can boldly say that Lagos is an over hyped city , bad roads, thugs everywhere, insecurity , pick pockets , agbero wahala ....6 out of 10 people in IKEJA ( a whole state capital)are out there to dupe you ...phone snatchers are kings and untouchable in some part of lagos ...over population to mention a few

The city is over hyped lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
A single person, Architect Nedloyd, redesigned the city of Brasilia. The capital of Brazil.
Why not try redesign urban pattern of Lagos?
Perhaps, you could be looking at your breakthrough

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Marmazzayyu: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
grin
Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by dljbd1(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2019
Techwriter:
it has never been this ad
Ikr

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

The Lagos State Public Works Corporation, LSPWC, has urged Lagos residents to be patient as it doubles efforts to fix potholes and ensure roads remain motorable as we approach the last quarter of the year.

The General Manager of the Corporation, Engr. Olufemi Daramola disclosed this yesterday during a chat with news correspondents on the activities of the Corporation since mid-June 2019.

He said LSPWC is fully aware of the situation of roads in the State and efforts are in top gear to alleviate the discomfort commuters encounter on some of the bad roads, emphasising that the Corporation is determined to rehabilitate all damaged roads in furtherance of the Executive Order of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

He explained that palliatives with boulders and crushed stones were done at Oke-Afa, Isolo, Ejigbo, Ikotun-Ijegun axis, Oba Sekumade and Bayeku Road at Ikorodu, Ahmadu Bello Way and other similar strategic roads, adding that the Corporation also graded Ikorodu Road and Mile 12 inward Ketu on Tuesday to reduce travel time and ameliorate the trouble commuters experience on the axis pending a permanent solution.

While noting that challenging road situations ranging from potholes, isolated potholes, craters and failed portions of roads across all the Local Governments preceded his assumption of office, he revealed that a lot of resources to repair non-functional equipment and plants have been invested by the present administration.

Daramola assured residents that the State government is working hard to ensure that pot-holes on major roads are drastically reduced or totally eliminated, and in cases where they occur, the response rate by the Agency would be faster, stressing that some of the roads have outlived their life span.

The General Manager also acknowledged that the number of bad roads in Lagos is high and must be done in phases according to the level of importance, emphasising that the Corporation has a strong mandate to get rid of potholes
in the city within the shortest possible time.

Source: https://autojosh.com/bad-roads-lagos-effort-fix-potholes/

Na today?

It changes nothing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

A single person, Architect Nedloyd, redesigned the city of Brasilia. The capital of Brazil.
Why not try redesign urban pattern of Lagos?
Perhaps, you could be looking at your breakthrough

Lagos is a failed slum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bad Roads: Lagos Intensifies Efforts To Fix Potholes by Cadec007(m): 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User / Dangote Truck Hits Man In Kwara State Leaving Him Injured (Disturbing Photos) / Nigeria To Begin Local Production Of E-passports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.