Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

bugs - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / bugs (12754 Views)

Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / How To Eradicate Bed Bugs Drom Your Apartment Diy / Bed Bugs In My House: Any Remedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: bugs by 6Milk(m): 1:14am On Aug 10, 2019
damesilver:
They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.
lolz
Re: bugs by 6Milk(m): 1:15am On Aug 10, 2019
izzou:
grin

Bedbug is the next worst thing after corruption in this country

The solution?

Pack into a new apartment...And take nothing with you

You and your household should move into it in your birthday suits.

Thank me later bro cool
baby suit
Re: bugs by emerged01(m): 6:15am On Aug 10, 2019
Makschinchin:

Many of those chemicals are ineffective for bedbugs, I tried a lot of them back them.. Using only kerosene works fine
Lol! Not the one im talking about. After 3 days it will still be effective. Even dog no fit withstand am.
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 3:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
I Have been at home since 3 nights. In my room there has been no attack though they are seen on the wall.

there has been relative calm in the other rooms but there was complaint from mum earlier today of disruption and heavy presence of bedbugs.

the bedbugs were seen lying across the ceiling boards and wall corners after about 6 days of placing camphor

cc: simplyglow

1 Like

Re: bugs by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
damesilver:
I Have been at home since 3 nights. In my room there has been no attack though they are seen on the wall.

there has been relative calm in the other rooms but there was complaint from mum earlier today of disruption and heavy presence of bedbugs.

the bedbugs were seen lying across the ceiling boards and wall corners after about 6 days of placing camphor

cc: simplyglow
camphor ke! instead of you to go nuclear
Re: bugs by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ahhh...... this is serious.
deepwater:
The scariest thing about BB is that they can survive over a year without feeding.

So if u leave your home for a year thinking they would die of starvation my brothers my sister them dey wait for you to return

2 Likes

Re: bugs by drakeskull(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
damesilver:
It's been more than 4 years now we have been battling with bedbug infestation at home. Even at school or other places a member of the family moves to they follow.

Several methods have been employed yet they do not go. Whoever has experienced bedbugs would know that these little creature are as deadly as Boko Haram.

They aim for your blood, hide in dark places and crevices. They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.

I've tried the traditional science of taking some live bugs to the market, yet doesn't work. A lot of money has been spent on Sniper, DD force, etc, despite that they come with their attendant health consequences due to exposure.

Please help oh..

Battled this when I moved to Lagos last year. I was advised to buy formalin(used in preserving dead bodies) and DD force. Sprayed it for 2 weeks twice a day. Mixed both and Sprayed my mattresses at close range and spreading them thereafter. Even my other furniture, they disappeared in two weeks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: bugs by olawoletosinm: 1:00am On Aug 13, 2019
damesilver:
Thanks @all for your contributions.

Many of these things too have been tried. Chairs sold, wall repainted, spraying the entire house with DD force.

Sometimes the bugs even come to you when you sleep on the bare tiled floor. The other thing is that they know how to hide. You won't see them until the dead of the night crawling out to bay for blood.

At a point I suspected the thing was beyond ordinary. They can send you away from your home. You begin to get depressed anytime you want to go to your own home. Haa
jst forget dd.. Force ... Use sniper don't dilute it and use...mind you the odour alone will bring them out of the chairs and kill them... U have been adulterating them b4.... The stage having them to crawl on the floor at the peak hours is the worst state BT sniper is up to the task.
Re: bugs by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2019
olawoletosinm:
jst forget dd.. Force ... Use sniper don't dilute it and use...mind you the odour alone will bring them out of the chairs and kill them... U have been adulterating them b4.... The stage having them to crawl on the floor at the peak hours is the worst state BT sniper is up to the task.
what do you think about the spray sniper and how do I use the sniper, should I just sprinkle it everywhere?
Re: bugs by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2019
Makschinchin:

When it infested my home, we tried sniper but it wasn't that effective.. Using only kerosene is the tested and trusted means I've tried
After spraying kerosene are you still able to sleep in your house? Don't the smell affect you?

1 Like

Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 9:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
missdee384:
After spraying kerosene are you still able to sleep in your house? Don't the smell affect you?

Spray and leave for some time/hours to let the smell die down!! If I should spray kero around 7pm, it takes a maximum of 2 to 3hrs
Re: bugs by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Makschinchin:

Spray and leave for some time/hours to let the smell die down!! If I should spray kero around 7pm, it takes a maximum of 2 to 3hrs
please give me details of how to go about it, I coindentally started seeing one or two bed bugs after going through this thread, I don't want it to escalate. Should I spray on the bed or just on the floor or on the walls? I really don't know what to do
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2019
missdee384:
please give me details of how to go about it, I coindentally started seeing one or two bed bugs after going through this thread, I don't want it to escalate. Should I spray on the bed or just on the floor or on the walls? I really don't know what to do

Spray at the edges of your pillows, spray on the edges of your mattress and also on the surface of both sides (spray at the edges of the wood too if you use one), spray on all surrounding of the bed , floors, woods and walls to be precise..
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2019
There are still bedbugs around. Though the camphor tried.

1 Like

Re: bugs by suco01(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2019
olawoletosinm:

Even sniper, DD force and other pesticides don't recommend using the chemicals raw without mixing it with water etc. DAT adulteration na lie..
Re: bugs by suco01(m): 10:35am On Aug 20, 2019
damesilver:
There are still bedbugs around. Though the camphor tried.

U can get rid of them by using any of sniper, DD force, Nopest etc

Mix any of those chemicals with white tinner, powder camphor and spray

Mix any of those chemicals with formalin and spray

Just make sure u spray your ceiling inside the manhole ooo.
Re: bugs by suco01(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2019
missdee384:

Take ur mattress, pillow and chair out and spray with kerosene mixed with camphor powder and sun dry, since u just seeing them before they invade your house.
Re: bugs by achorladey: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
RAMBO powder still very much available. That stuff kills bedbugs and scare them off. Apply in corner, crevices, those bedbugs will dry up including the eggs.

Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
suco01:

U can get rid of them by using any of sniper, DD force, Nopest etc

Mix any of those chemicals with white tinner, powder camphor and spray

Mix any of those chemicals with formalin and spray

Just make sure u spray your ceiling inside the manhole ooo.

Thank you, sir
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2019
Makschinchin:

If all that doesn't work, you can begin to sprinkle only kerosene. Kerosene kills them instantly.. Do this for some days/probably weeks, hopefully, they'll die off.. I join prayers too when I had the issue few years ago, and thank God for about two years now, I haven't seen one

the bedbugs are returning oh..they are not resistant to the camphor... please anyone with ideas on how to exterminate this bedbugs, I'd appreciate.
Re: bugs by sisisioge: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
damesilver:

the bedbugs are returning oh..they are not resistant to the camphor... please anyone with ideas on how to exterminate this bedbugs, I'd appreciate.

Chisos! Do you have AC in your house. Turn it up on the lowest temp plus the kanfo, kerosene, sniper and freezing temperature they should die jare. Which kind wahala be this?
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2019
damesilver:

My brother, try sprinkling KEROSENE ONLY in affected areas for some days. Come back to tell me how far
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2019
sisisioge:

Do you have AC in your house. Turn it up on the lowest temp plus the kanfo, kerosene, sniper and freezing temperature they should die jare. Which kind wahala be this?

Bedbugs are quite stubborn. From research, I learnt that whatever kills them is also capable of killing humans.

The best solution I used to exterminate mine was kerosene and prayers.. It was a terrible experience back then
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 2:34am On Nov 02, 2019
We don't have AC, ma. Thanks for your contribution.
sisisioge:

Chisos! Do you have AC in your house. Turn it up on the lowest temp plus the kanfo, kerosene, sniper and freezing temperature they should die jare. Which kind wahala be this?
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 2:36am On Nov 02, 2019
I've used mix of kerosene and salt before, as directed by someone, but still no improvement.

Makschinchin:

My brother, try sprinkling KEROSENE ONLY in affected areas for some days. Come back to tell me how far
Re: bugs by fineboynl(m): 3:56am On Nov 02, 2019
There is no solution like getting rid of bedbugs if you live in old house and drirty gheto eviroment. So stop deceiving yourself.

An adult bedbug can go for between 2 to 6 months starvation without meal. Depending on the species and temperature. They can hibernate when they can't find blood meal.

Begbug only thrive in dirty house and property.

If the house is new house where the walls and smooth and floors are tiles. The ceiling are well sealed. No hiden place for them in the house it self.

The next is to work and check on your new property.

If you love in old house with rough walls and make use of carpets or rug. They live underneath it. If the walls have holes and rough there live thereof.

Even if you soceeded in wiping out the bugs. As for as that compound is infected its only a matter of time before they crawl back to your side.

The only solution is live the house and never pick a dime. Go rent a new neat house. And start over again.
Re: bugs by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Fumigate every 3 months till they re eradicated
Re: bugs by Ganjafama(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2019
Makschinchin:

Bedbugs are quite stubborn. From research, I learnt that whatever kills them is also capable of killing humans.

The best solution I used to exterminate mine was kerosene and prayers.. It was a terrible experience back then
Lol the prayer part got me laughing out loud.
@Damesilver just do weekly fumigation of the entire apartment with undiluted sniper for as long as you can afford it. The adults will die off. Even the young ones that are being hatched will die eventually. Just do routine fumigation and you will be free from BB
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ganjafama:
@Damesilver just do weekly fumigation of the entire apartment with undiluted sniper for as long as you can afford it. The adults will die off. Even the young ones that are being hatched will die eventually. Just do routine fumigation and you will be free from BB

Thank you, sir. But the cost is another issue. About 7-10k, from experience, every week is not easy. We tried it at one time but this bastards still came. The long time affordability of products and the inconvenience of the chemicals to human, because no where else to stay other than the rooms despite the heavy fumigation.

About the prayers, yes o my brother. At a point I was praying, too. When all measures are not working you resort to prayers ni. It's serious oh. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: bugs by Allsingles: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2019
I know how this feels. The frustration, the sleepless nights, the stench from the blood sucking insect-demons, when you hand-kill them.

I'll tell you how I got rid of mine after spending so much on these guys that carry insect spray containers behind.

You will have to do away with some affected properties. This will cost a whole lot of work.

I started by discarding my bed, mattress, pillows, bed sheets, rugs, if need be....even your wardrobe. Your sitting room chairs and upholstery should be discarded or sold if they've been affected or infected by the insect.

All my curtains and clothes were soaked in very hot water(over 100 degree Celsius) and I added detergent to it. Washed them all, dried them and put them in a black polyethylene bag(like the one they use for dirts). Tied them all up.
Poured very hot detergent water on the floors and all corners of the floor, on the walls, from top to the floor.

Then I bought "sniper".....yes you read well, I used sniper and it did the magic. I bought the biggest one. The one they sell for 3k and I bought two...that is 6k, with a spray cap and container. I covered my nose very tight and I started spraying carefully from one corner to another. I took time. I sprayed all the walls, lintels, even the rods used to hold the curtains. No part was left unsprayed. I sprayed all doors, windows, door handles, electric mains, wires, I mean....nothing was left unsprayed. Though I was doing it intermittently because the "sniper" was choking. So I run out for fresh air, relax and go back in to start where I stopped.

Mind you, all doors and windows were closed while spraying. I also sprayed all my books, dictionary, Bible, hymn book, all the books and table. I mean every every was sprayed intoto.

I couldn't enter the house for a week because of the choking smell. I went to stay with a family member.
After all done, I started repainting the walls and refixing things.

At the end, I conquered them. It's been almost a year now and I have never seen any single bug again. Not even one.

This process is time consuming and very stressful, but at the end, you will smile again.

Serious work but victory at last
Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ganjafama:

Why are you laughing out loud at my prayer comment na

I'm really being honest about it and thankful to God for exterminating the bedbugs. It was a prayer point for me then and thank God for prayers answered. I've heard of people saying they've tried so many methods all to no avail, but thank God mine worked.

2 Likes

Re: bugs by Makschinchin: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
damesilver:
I've used mix of kerosene and salt before, as directed by someone, but still no improvement.

I said ONLY KEROSENE!!

From what I observed, when you sprinkle other chemicals on a bedbug, it doesn't die instantly, it is only kerosene that kills a bedbug instantly when sprinkled upon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Hates And Starves Her Stepchildren / The Worst Pest To Find In Your Home : Rat, Mosquito, Or Cockroach? / A Sound Slap From His Mother-In-Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.