Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,870 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says (11768 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
A Christian can not be possessed by evil spirits. A Christian cannot be demonized. A Christian can and will be attacked. A Christian cannot be possessed or demonized simply because Christ Jesus lives in the heart of Christians. He cannot share that heart with any evil spirit. Maybe some of the throngs who find themselves in church these days can be demonized or possessed.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

Please child of God, cease from calling me or anyone else foolish.
Jesus said you should cast out demons. So I wonder how you will ever implement it.
To you, the mad man fell down and called Jesus Lord. Everyone one that Jesus ever delivered appeared to first submit and called him Lord. In fact, you cannot force deliverance on whoever will not submit and corporate with you. So salvation first seem to be true

Submission is different from salvation. Stop mixing them up. Demons bow at the mention of the name of Jesus. This doesn't mean the person they possessed has experienced salvation.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

Good point. Where did Jesus look to rebuke the Devil influence Peter? The space or Peter?

So Peter was Satan?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by OtemAtum: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
lookingfly:
but this religious ignoramuses pray and these mental problem get restored, how do you explain that?
Have you personally seen or known anyone who ran mad and was prayed for, then he became normal? We've been asking people to share their testimonies for a long time, but we haven't seen one.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Submission is different from salvation. Stop mixing them up. Demons bow at the mention of the name of Jesus. This doesn't mean the person they possessed has experienced salvation.

Submission does not mean salvation. That is interesting. Anyway, I am not arguing for argument sake. I hope we will ponder on the thoughts we have raised in this discuss. Please keep preaching the gospel and hold on to your beliefs. My care is for all to make heaven. We are all brothers and sisters in the Lord
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So Peter was Satan?
No? Hmmm. I hope you even understand this topic in the first place. Peter was never Satan. He was being influenced.
Let me rephrase the question. To stop peter from being influenced, Satan was rebuked. Now the question. Who or where did Jesus look at to speak to Satan?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Let me tell you what I believe.
1. Jesus have delivered all that believe in him
2. Jesus have healed all that believe in him
3. Jesus have blessed all that believe in him.

I believe all these three.
However, I don't see every one that believe experiencing these. There is a need for them to be ministered to all that believe. To ignore anyone that is sick, and not minister healing is not the best thing to do.
God help us all
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

No? Hmmm. I hope you even understand this topic in the first place. Peter was never Satan. He was being influenced.
Let me rephrase the question. To stop peter from being influenced, Satan was rebuked. Now the question. Who or where did Jesus look at to speak to Satan?

If Jesus had not looked at Peter buy looked at the direction Satan was standing while influencing him, Peter won't have known he said something inspired of Satan. But to you, because Jesus looked at Peter while rebuking Satan, it now means Satan was inside Peter.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If Jesus had not looked at Peter buy looked at the direction Satan was standing while influencing him, Peter won't have known he said something inspired of Satan. But to you, because Jesus looked at Peter while rebuking Satan, it now means Satan was inside Peter.

Hmmm. So you expect me to buy this crap. Come back later with a better explanation. I am very sure you can do better.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by mrZENographer: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
unstoppable51 sweetrace

This doctrine of OP is directly coherent with the "once saved always saved" doctrine.

My point.
A Christian can become possessed with evil spirit if he is living deep in sin. He visits native doctors, prostitution, occultism, drunkeness, smoking etc. He is defiling his temple. Holyspirit can't live there. He is not a true Christian but is labeled Christian by people because he believes Christ died for him or goes to church.

A believer can get possessed if he lives the way of Holiness and begin to pursue and be engrossed with the things of the world. Jesus said "if you do the will of the Father, I and the Father will come and abide with him".

ALSO
"The foundation of the Lord stands sure having this seal, the Lord knows them that are His. LET THEM THEREFORE THAT NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY" 2 Timothy 2:19

"Without Holiness, no eyes shall see the Lord" Hebrews 12:14

"Not everyone that say Lord Lord that will enter.....but he that does the will of my Father".

If a Christian is living in sin, he is not doing the will of God. He is defiling his temple with uncleanness. And God can't dwell there.

Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

Hmmm. So you expect me to buy this crap. Come back later with a better explanation. I am very sure you can do better.

Look, Saran never entered Peter. It us not possible for Satan is demons to enter a believer, which is what the OP just proved. Now, let me prove it to you clearly.

Jesus had so many followers before his death, burial and resurrection. While preaching in John chapter 6, many of those followers/disciples left him because they found his words outrageous. They left simply because they didn't believe him. They were just following him just as Judas did. Read the passage below.

John 6:64-71 King James Version (KJV)
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

As seen above, the 12 disciples remained with Jesus while others left. Why did they remain? Read verse 68 & 69 which shows that they remained because they believed in Jesus. But Jesus knew one of them didn't believe in him, and that was Judas whom he said is a devil. Read verses 70 & 71.

Why was Satan able to resume in Judas? Because he didn't believe in Jesus. Satan could enter him and go out as he pleased. That's what happened on the night Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver - Satan entered him.

Luke 22:23
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Satan can only enter an unbeliever. He can't enter a believer. All he can do is use his agents to influence believers wrongly.

Satan didn't enter Peter. Peter only said something in a sincere manner which unfortunately aligned with Satan's agenda. In order to let him know the statement t was satanic, Jesus had to rebuke the satanic message. Note: Jesus never casted Satan out of Peter. So how come you still believe Peter was possessed by Satan hismelf?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by God2man2again(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
I believe a Christian can be harassed and oppressed.

For a Christian to be demonized, then he must have given the devil a foothold in his life as a result of secret unconfessed sin.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Look, Saran never entered Peter. It us not possible for Satan is demons to enter a believer, which is what the OP just proved. Now, let me prove it to you clearly.

Jesus had so many followers before his death, burial and resurrection. While preaching in John chapter 6, many of those followers/disciples left him because they found his words outrageous. They left simply because they didn't believe him. They were just following him just as Judas did. Read the passage below.

John 6:64-71 King James Version (KJV)
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

As seen above, the 12 disciples remained with Jesus while others left. Why did they remain? Read verse 68 & 69 which shows that they remained because they believed in Jesus. But Jesus knew one of them didn't believe in him, and that was Judas whom he said is a devil. Read verses 70 & 71.

Why was Satan able to resume in Judas? Because he didn't believe in Jesus. Satan could enter him and go out as he pleased. That's what happened on the night Judas sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver - Satan entered him.

Luke 22:23
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

Satan can only enter an unbeliever. He can't enter a believer. All he can do is use his agents to influence believers wrongly.

Satan didn't enter Peter. Peter only said something in a sincere manner which unfortunately aligned with Satan's agenda. In order to let him know the statement t was satanic, Jesus had to rebuke the satanic message. Note: Jesus never casted Satan out of Peter. So how come you still believe Peter was possessed by Satan hismelf?

Bros, you are just quoting scriptures up and down out of context. They left because they did not believe, or because they stopped believing? Where did it say they had demons? Do you know they have cast demons out before? Their names were written in the book of life?
Jesus did not cast out the Devils from Peter. Really? What is get thee behind me?
Judas was never a disciple? How wrong are you? So if the Devil had succeeded in killing Peter you would have said he was not a disciple?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by blueghost(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
DO YOU KNOW THE FUNNY THING ABOUT WITCHES, DEMONS AND EVIL SPIRITS?

ONLY CHRISTIANS AND BELIEVERS OF RELIGIOUS SUPERSTITIONS "BELIEVE" IN THE EXISTENCE AND EFFECTS OF SUCH THINGS.

THE MOMENT YOU STOP BELIEVING IN THEM OR THEIR EXISTENCE, EVERYTHING JUST FADES AWAY AND YOU'LL SEE THAT THERE ARE NO SUCH THINGS. COME ON!

Don't deceive yourself take it or leave it there are supernatural forces and principalities
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by lookingfly: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2019
OtemAtum:
Have you personally seen or known anyone who ran mad and was prayed for, then he became normal? We've been asking people to share their testimonies for a long time, but we haven't seen one.
I've, so the fact that you've not Seen doesn't mean it's a lie. I know people like you will only believe when you experience it but i hope you'll not be faced with a hard experience before you believe.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

Bros, you are just quoting scriptures up and down out of context. They left because they did not believe, or because they stopped believing? Where did it say they had demons? Do you know they have cast demons out before? Their names were written in the book of life?
Jesus did not cast out the Devils from Peter. Really? What is get thee behind me?
Judas was never a disciple? How wrong are you? So if the Devil had succeeded in killing Peter you would have said he was not a disciple?

You are beginning to sound annoying with your unfounded claims.

Those people didn't leave because they stopped believing. Jesus said they believed not i.e they never believed in him just as Judas.

John 6:64

Those people who left are different from the 72 disciples whom Jesus sent two by two to go preach in Luke 10. Or where did you see that they are the same people who left because they never believed?

Where did I say Judas was never a disciple? I only quoted verses which showed me never believed in Jesus. Same way a satanic person goes to church but doesn't believe Jesus and is opposing Jesus.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are beginning to sound annoying with your unfounded claims.

Those people didn't leave because they stopped believing. Jesus said they believed not i.e they never believed in him just as Judas.

John 6:64

Those people who left are different from the 72 disciples whom Jesus sent two by two to go preach in Luke 10. Or where did you see that they are the same people who left because they never believed?

Where did I say Judas was never a disciple? I only quoted verses which showed me never believed in Jesus. Same way a satanic person goes to church but doesn't believe Jesus and is opposing Jesus.

They never believed.. good. Not because they had demons. Fine.
The 72 was not among these? Hmmm. The Bible said only 12 was left. It will be trying to say the Bible was wrong to say 12...there were other 60 or 72 the Bible didn't count. Please I hope you take the Bible as not having errors?
Ok. So u accept that Judas was a disciple? Then you must also accept a disciple can have a Devil. Thanks
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by alBHAGDADI: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
holybabayo:

They never believed.. good. Not because they had demons. Fine.
The 72 was not among these? Hmmm. The Bible said only 12 was left. It will be trying to say the Bible was wrong to say 12...there were other 60 or 72 the Bible didn't count. Please I hope you take the Bible as not having errors?
Ok. So u accept that Judas was a disciple? Then you must also accept a disciple can have a Devil. Thanks

The Bible didn't say only 12 remained after those unbelievers left. Stop injecting your foolish words into the Bible. Jesus was only speaking to his inner caucus which are the 12. Or were the 72 always mentioned alongside the 12?

Stop arguing foolishly.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The Bible didn't say only 12 remained after those unbelievers left. Stop injecting your foolish words into the Bible. Jesus was only speaking to his inner caucus which are the 12. Or were the 72 always mentioned alongside the 12?

Stop arguing foolishly.

Read verse 67. Then Jesus said to the twelve, Do you also want to go away?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by Akolawole(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Can a Christian be possessed ? By Christian, i meant a PROPER child of God ?

NO because 2 spirits cannot LIVE in one container.

Can a Christian be Oppressed?

Yes, if he/she lives in Sin.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 10:55am On Aug 19, 2019
mrZENographer:
unstoppable51 sweetrace

This doctrine of OP is directly coherent with the "once saved always saved" doctrine.

My point.
A Christian can become possessed with evil spirit if he is living deep in sin. He visits native doctors, prostitution, occultism, drunkeness, smoking etc. He is defiling his temple. Holyspirit can't live there. He is not a true Christian but is labeled Christian by people because he believes Christ died for him or goes to church.

A believer can get possessed if he lives the way of Holiness and begin to pursue and be engrossed with the things of the world. Jesus said "if you do the will of the Father, I and the Father will come and abide with him".

ALSO
"The foundation of the Lord stands sure having this seal, the Lord knows them that are His. LET THEM THEREFORE THAT NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY" 2 Timothy 2:19

"Without Holiness, no eyes shall see the Lord" Hebrews 12:14

"Not everyone that say Lord Lord that will enter.....but he that does the will of my Father".

If a Christian is living in sin, he is not doing the will of God. He is defiling his temple with uncleanness. And God can't dwell there.

What you described above is not a Christian. Christianity is not about repeating some words after a pastor. It is about a relationship with Christ. It is about walking and talking with Christ on a daily bases. Christ Jesus said to invite him in and he will dwell in us. The Bible talks about a demon sent out of a person. If it comes back and finds the place empty, it will bring back more demons even more wicked than it is. If Christ dwells there, how can a demon also dwell there? Do they share space?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by mrZENographer: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2019
sweetrace:

What you described above is not a Christian. Christianity is not about repeating some words after a pastor. It is about a relationship with Christ. It is about walking and talking with Christ on a daily bases. Christ Jesus said to invite him in and he will dwell in us. The Bible talks about a demon sent out of a person. If it comes back and finds the place empty, it will bring back more demons even more wicked than it is. If Christ dwells there, how can a demon also dwell there? Do they share space?

So if you move away the righteous way/holy standard and begin living in uncleanness. So you saying that Christ will continue to dwell in such person?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
mrZENographer:

So if you move away the righteous way/holy standard and begin living in uncleanness. So you saying that Christ will continue to dwell in such person?

It is obvious that we don’t view Christianity the same way. To you, it is a set of rules that if one deviates from the person stops being a Christian. For me, it is a relationship between a father and his child. In every real relationship, there’s free will. But a Christian does what will please his father out of love and not compulsion. David had a relationship with God, that is why though he sinned terribly, he did not loose the relationship. There were repercussions, but he did not become demonized.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
sweetrace:

Your are not quoting Jesus well. Jesus said, when a demon is cast out, he walks about in the desert, then he decide to return back to the vessel. When he comes back, he meets it clean and garnished, then he comes back and enter the person again with 7 worse and dirtier demons. Jesus never included the word "empty".
What is with all these misquoting of scriptures self?
This is Luke 11:24-26. To give us the idea behind this saying of Jesus, he said something in verse 28 " Blessed is he that hears my sayings and keep them". This is telling you that to keep the deliverance, you need to do the words of Jesus.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
holybabayo:

Your are not quoting Jesus well. Jesus said, when a demon is cast out, he walks about in the desert, then he decide to return back to the vessel. When he comes back, he meets it clean and garnished, then he comes back and enter the person again with 7 worse and dirtier demons. Jesus never included the word "empty".
What is with all these misquoting of scriptures self?
This is Luke 11:24-26. To give us the idea behind this saying of Jesus, he said something in verse 28 " Blessed is he that hears my sayings and keep them". This is telling you that to keep the deliverance, you need to do the words of Jesus.

The narrative is in Matt. 12:43-45: “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.…”
If the unclean spirit on returning met its previous host occupied by Christ, one much stronger than it, it will have no room to return to.
Like I said, we have different views of Christianity.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2019
sweetrace:

The narrative is in Matt. 12:43-45: “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.…”
If the unclean spirit on returning met its previous host occupied by Christ, one much stronger than it, it will have no room to return to.
Like I said, we have different views of Christianity.

You are much better than the other guy. You have come up with relevant scriptures. 100% accurate scriptures. And yes surely, if you are occupied by a stronger, a lesser cannot invade the person. I also agree with you that Christianity is a relationship.
But I hope you are not suggesting that the relationship cannot be broken. In this same Chapter, verse 50 mentioned that we should do the will of the Father.
There are many fathers that have disowned their children for disobedience. Except you are a believer of ones saved, always saved. I believe that working in the will of the father is necessary to retain the spirit of sonship.

Talking about David not getting demons when he sinned. The reasons were because he repented and the spirit of God was not taken away from him. Compare that to Saul, he sinned and refused to repent and so the spirit of God was taken away from him and an evil spirit got him
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2019
holybabayo:

You are much better than the other guy. You have come up with relevant scriptures. 100% accurate scriptures. And yes surely, if you are occupied by a stronger, a lesser cannot invade the person. I also agree with you that Christianity is a relationship.
But I hope you are not suggesting that the relationship cannot be broken. In this same Chapter, verse 50 mentioned that we should do the will of the Father.
There are many fathers that have disowned their children for disobedience. Except you are a believer of ones saved, always saved. I believe that working in the will of the father is necessary to retain the spirit of sonship.

Talking about David not getting demons when he sinned. The reasons were because he repented and the spirit of God was not taken away from him. Compare that to Saul, he sinned and refused to repent and so the spirit of God was taken away from him and an evil spirit got him

I’m in a rush and I hope I’m coherent. Saul did not have a relationship with God. David did. David repented which is part of having a genuine relationship. You don’t want to hurt someone you love. When you do, you repent. When you don’t, there are consequences. Like you steal and up in jail. I don’t think the consequences can ever be an invasion of evil spirits. Evil attacks Christians. The attacked Jesus. They will attack us. But to dwell in Christians, no way. The parable of the prodigal son tells us that God’s Love for us as a father is without repentance. He lived a wasteful life, but his father did not send evil to him. His mendicant state was a consequence of his riotous living. The Bible tells us God will never leave or forsake us. It does not give conditions. While earthly fathers can disown their kids, our Heavenly Father can not. It is not his nature. We are sons always.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 8:00am On Aug 20, 2019
sweetrace:

I’m in a rush and I hope I’m coherent. Saul did not have a relationship with God. David did. David repented which is part of having a genuine relationship. You don’t want to hurt someone you love. When you do, you repent. When you don’t, there are consequences. Like you steal and up in jail. I don’t think the consequences can ever be an invasion of evil spirits. Evil attacks Christians. The attacked Jesus. They will attack us. But to dwell in Christians, no way. The parable of the prodigal son tells us that God’s Love for us as a father is without repentance. He lived a wasteful life, but his father did not send evil to him. His mendicant state was a consequence of his riotous living. The Bible tells us God will never leave or forsake us. It does not give conditions. While earthly fathers can disown their kids, our Heavenly Father can not. It is not his nature. We are sons always.

I see. I like that type of Christianity. Our heavenly can never leave us no matter what we do. We can kill the entire universe, join the biggest cults, steal the entire wealth of the world and He is bound to stay put. I love that type of Christianity.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2019
holybabayo:

I see. I like that type of Christianity. Our heavenly can never leave us no matter what we do. We can kill the entire universe, join the biggest cults, steal the entire wealth of the world and He is bound to stay put. I love that type of Christianity.

Christians don’t join cults, steal or do... And for God never leaving us, it is the word of God as stated in the Bible. So even if a Christian does wrong, God cannot leave him or her. They may suffer the consequences of their actions, or God may in his undeserving mercy help them out if the ugly situation. But God won’t stop being their father. If my earthly father disowns me, it does not stop him from being my biological father. I wish Christians would just feed on the Bible and stop trying to see their traditions, beliefs, and mindset as Christianity.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2019
sweetrace:

Christians don’t join cults, steal or do... And for God never leaving us, it is the word of God as stated in the Bible. So even if a Christian does wrong, God cannot leave him or her. They may suffer the consequences of their actions, or God may in his undeserving mercy help them out if the ugly situation. But God won’t stop being their father. If my earthly father disowns me, it does not stop him from being my biological father. I wish Christians would just feed on the Bible and stop trying to see their traditions, beliefs, and mindset as Christianity.
Please show where God said he will never leave you no matter what you do. Ensure you do not misquote God or take his words out of context.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkW28qyFVA

Please study this video very well. Check what happens before and after salvation.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
holybabayo:

Please show where God said he will never leave you no matter what you do. Ensure you do not misquote God or take his words out of context.

Hey! Please suit yourself and believe what you want. I’m not trying to convince you of anything. If you have a Bible, you can search it yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / Satanic Food & Self-deliverance ( Spiritual Teaching For Today / The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.