Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,912 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says (11749 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
sweetrace:

Hey! Please suit yourself and believe what you want. I’m not trying to convince you of anything. If you have a Bible, you can search it yourself.

I have a bible, i have searched and have not seen. You that have seen should be gracious enough to share. Is that not what God expect from you?
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
holybabayo:

I have a bible, i have searched and have not seen. You that have seen should be gracious enough to share. Is that not what God expect from you?

Not really. I’m actually enjoined not to argue about such issues. If you read your Bible, you’d see that there as well.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by holybabayo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
sweetrace:

Not really. I’m actually enjoined not to argue about such issues. If you read your Bible, you’d see that there as well.

So you cannot come up with one scriptures that support your doctrine "God will never leave me, no matter what I do". Then shut up
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by mrZENographer: 1:26am On Aug 21, 2019
sweetrace:

It is obvious that we don’t view Christianity the same way. To you, it is a set of rules that if one deviates from the person stops being a Christian. For me, it is a relationship between a father and his child. In every real relationship, there’s free will. But a Christian does what will please his father out of love and not compulsion. David had a relationship with God, that is why though he sinned terribly, he did not loose the relationship. There were repercussions, but he did not become demonized.

And how can a relationship hold when there are no set rules. What is the first commandment, Love the Lord, your God.
Jesus explains further "If you love me keep my commandment/rules"

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments/rules " 1 John 5:2

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments/rules." 1 John 2:3

I laugh in parables at your doctrines. Remember Matthew 7:21-23 Read it over and over again.

Also for your info, David was punished for his sins. He didn't lose the relationship because he humbled himself and returned to obeying the commandments of God. Unlike King ASA who was rebuked for his sins and became rebellious. He lost his relationship with God.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2019
mrZENographer:

And how can a relationship hold when there are no set rules. What is the first commandment, Love the Lord, your God.
Jesus explains further "If you love me keep my commandment/rules"

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments/rules " 1 John 5:2

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments/rules." 1 John 2:3

I laugh in parables at your doctrines. Remember Matthew 7:21-23 Read it over and over again.

Also for your info, David was punished for his sins. He didn't lose the relationship because he humbled himself and returned to obeying the commandments of God. Unlike King ASA who was rebuked for his sins and became rebellious. He lost his relationship with God.

You need to read what I wrote again. This time around, please try to comprehend it. You probably need to read the thread of this conversation to understand completely. The Bible says to be slow to speak.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by mrZENographer: 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
sweetrace:

You need to read what I wrote again. This time around, please try to comprehend it. You probably need to read the thread of this conversation to understand completely. The Bible says to be slow to speak.

But atleast can you now agree that relationship/love with God is equal to keeping his commandments/rules?

We can deceive/delude ourselves but God cannot be mocked.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by sweetrace(f): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
mrZENographer:

But atleast can you now agree that relationship/love with God is equal to keeping his commandments/rules?

We can deceive/delude ourselves but God cannot be mocked.

Please continue in your relationship the way you see fit. I know my relationship with God is based on his love which is why He is so gracolious towards me. Not because of anything I can do to earn it.
Re: Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says by mrZENographer: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2019
sweetrace:

Please continue in your relationship the way you see fit. I know my relationship with God is based on his love which is why He is so gracolious towards me. Not because of anything I can do to earn it.

You are treading a dangerous ground.

"The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways:"

ETERNITY is forever and ever and ever.
"Many shall say Lord we had relationship bla bla... I will say to them depart.... YOU THAT WORK INIQUITY"

You are joking oo. Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith Healers Who Couldn't Heal Themselves. / Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu According To The Holy Bible? Part One / Heaven Help Those Who Help Themselves Is Not A Biblical Word.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.