Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself (931 Views)

Do Your Friends Lift You Up Spiritually? Or Do They Buy You Beer? / Anyone Who Dies Must Have Done Something Wrong – Guru Mahraji / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2019
My name is kings, i'm 24 years old, i'm a christain, Catholic to be precise. I have issues which i feel i should bring to the notice of all and seek for necessary help as well. my issue goes:

I like to be fervent in prayers, worship and praises but whenever I'm in church I don't seem to connect no matter how hard i try. I like to study the bible like others but it doesn't work anytime i try, this makes me feel odd right in midst of christain folks, i practically don't enjoy spiritual things. This has made wona question people who i see do these spiritual things that I'm finding it hard to carry out because i feel like they are not being real, they are faking the worship and forcing themselves to what they don't really feel.

I have been experiencing this ever since even after being bornagain.

Is this some form of evil programming?
Do i need to access a higher realm of the spirit?
Or should i accept myself? I am disturbed on this.

I need your ernest view on this. Thank you all.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by Ebi4life: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
lawrykings:
My name is kings, i'm 24 years old, i'm a christain, Catholic to be precise. I have issues which i feel i should bring to the notice of all and seek for necessary help as well. my issue goes:

I like to be fervent in prayers, worship and praises but whenever I'm in church I don't seem to connect no matter how hard i try. I like to study the bible like others but it doesn't work anytime i try, this makes me feel odd right in midst of christain folks, i practically don't enjoy spiritual things. This has made wona question people who i see do these spiritual things that I'm finding it hard to carry out because i feel like they are not being real, they are faking the worship and forcing themselves to what they don't really feel.

My brother, if you genuinely give your life to Christ and accept him as your lord and saviour, the spirit of God will come into you and you will have deep interest in praying and study of the scripture. You will start loving the things of God.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by Daviddson(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
It's not a necessity that you you shut your eyes and raise your hands, almost totally unconscious of your surroundings during praise and worship. Notwithstanding, you can also train yourself to do so, without trying to impress others around you.

1 Like

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
Ebi4life:

My brother, if you genuinely give your life to Christ and accept him as your lord and saviour, the spirit of God will come into you and you will have deep interest in praying and study of the scripture. You will start loving the things of God.

Meaning repentance isn't geniune?
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
Change your church. Just give it a try. Join a spirit filled ministry.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by shadeyinka(m): 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2019
lawrykings:

I like to be fervent in prayers, worship
Your problem is wrong associations. The people and things which you allowed to surround you are spiritually dry and poor. You are just having symptoms of the sickness hence the way you feel.

Like the prodigal son, return to your Father AND disconnect yourself from those who do not value your Heavenly Father.

Of a truth, Iron sharpens Iron: there is no other way
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by brainycaleb(m): 2:00am On Aug 05, 2019
You do not have a serious problem, you're simply reacting to an event. Try to find a counsellor and discuss your issues with him or her, you I'll be glad you did.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2019
lawrykings:

The reason you feel this way is because you've never truly experienced God, because if you have, you'd trash everything else for it. And I'm saying this based on personal experience, because that feeling is something that can never be matched by whatever you feel comfortable or enjoy doing which of the world.

So there's nothing on Earth that I would trade for that feeling.

And this is me being real, I wish you knew me, you'd know what I have forsaken and rejected so as to hold on to this treasure I've found, for nothing else comes close.

My advice: Do not try to connect to men, or church or anything else in the name of trying to connect to God, but try to connect to God Himself and you'd see the difference. And it's likely to be hard at the start, but it's expected because you are flesh and God is Spirit. But sincerely ask God to help you, and with time as He helps you get into the spiritual groove you would begin to enjoy it. And there's the point you'd get to in the spiritual groove that there's no going back.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by hakeem4(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2019
lawrykings:

well this is great! i like people who question the status quo. ask your church leader questions that has been bothering you. and if they do not give you the right answer, then they cant help

it is good to be a non believer (atheist) so you can face reality which is better than living in a mythical universe expecting one sky daddy to solve your problems.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by petra1(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2019
I may suggest you attend a spirit filled assembly
Firstly what do you mean by being born again. Because Catholics have learned to use the term also but the process is not biblical but rather just religious. Catholic charismatic teaching communicate the truth better.

Because if a man just assumed he is saved the christian life becomes a struggle. To be born again is to receive the life and nature of God. It's the nature that cause you to relate with Hod freely and enjoy the beauty of his presence in prayer or worship. But a man who is not born again yet will feel strange to such .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You cant a new wine in old wine skin. But if you're truly born again which means you have received eternal life in you You need also to receive the infilling of the holy ghost .

Jn 16:12 — Jn 16:13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by Ebi4life: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
lawrykings:

Meaning repentance isn't geniune?
my brother some people who claim to have repented didn't have true experience. Because if you genuinely repent,the spirit of God will come into your heart and life and cause a total transformation.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
brainycaleb:
You do not have a serious problem, you're simply reacting to an event. Try to find a counsellor and discuss your issues with him or her, you I'll be glad you did.

Elucidate please what you meant by "reacting to an event" thanks
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
petra1:
I may suggest you attend a spirit filled assembly
Firstly what do you mean by being born again. Because Catholics have learned to use the term also but the process is not biblical but rather just religious. Catholic charismatic teaching communicate the truth better.

Because if a man just assumed he is saved the christian life becomes a struggle. To be born again is to receive the life and nature of God. It's the nature that cause you to relate with Hod freely and enjoy the beauty of his presence in prayer or worship. But a man who is not born again yet will feel strange to such .

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You cant a new wine in old wine skin. But if you're truly born again which means you have received eternal life in you You need also to receive the infilling of the holy ghost .

Jn 16:12 — Jn 16:13
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Thanks for your input
I remember being part of a spirit filled group back in campus and no difference.
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
hakeem4:

well this is great! i like people who question the status quo. ask your church leader questions that has been bothering you. and if they do not give you the right answer, then they cant help

it is good to be a non believer (atheist) so you can face reality which is better than living in a mythical universe expecting one sky daddy to solve your problems.

Wow. Your words are thought stimulating
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your problem is wrong associations. The people and things which you allowed to surround you are spiritually dry and poor. You are just having symptoms of the sickness hence the way you feel.

Like the prodigal son, return to your Father AND disconnect yourself from those who do not value your Heavenly Father.

Of a truth, Iron sharpens Iron: there is no other way

I really don't think its wrong association like you put it, i have been part of a fervent group wayback campus and still felt same. Thanks for your input though
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by lawrykings(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Daviddson:
It's not a necessity that you you shut your eyes and raise your hands, almost totally unconscious of your surroundings during praise and worship. Notwithstanding, you can also train yourself to do so, without trying to impress others around you.

I'm at the risk of sounding like I'm inflexible for spirituality but how do i begin such training with my logical mind?
Re: Is Something Wrong With Me Spiritually Or I Have To Learn To Accept Myself by shadeyinka(m): 12:10am On Aug 06, 2019
lawrykings:

I really don't think its wrong association like you put it, i have been part of a fervent group wayback campus and still felt same. Thanks for your input though
By associations, I didn't mean "Fellowship" but your close friends. I know it can be difficult finding "friends" who truly loves the Lord but it is necessary for help in times like this. Iron indeed sharpens Iron

Or, could it be your expectations of the Christian life are unrealistic?

I will advise that you instead begin to work on your Spiritual CGPA. This will make you isolate the essential from non essential of the faith. The essence of salvation on this earth is about your Spiritual CGPA and nothing more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: RCCG Adjusts Mode Of Service In Lagos & Ogun State / Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? / Strange Times , Vision Of UFO Invasion And Angelic Intervention To Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.