Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son (24896 Views)

Kaduna State Deputy’s Son Captured Packing Dollars And Nairas In Ghana Must Go B / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Urchman200: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
Guestlander:

Exactly, but what about the other coups that followed? Were they Hausa/Fulani coups?
the difference is that innocent easterners were killed for things they no nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Henri8: 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biety:
My take aways from this long article are:
Most of the people that helped Ojukwu were Yorubas.

Ojukwu actually disguised to escape. Infact he went into hiding and had to be helped by good samarithans.
Before now I used to think people were just saying it to taunt him.

Another one is that Ojukwu' son still trembles whenever he sees lightning or hears thunder blast because of the experience he had about 50yrs ago during the war.
The sumary is that war is never an option to disagrement s. Dialogue is the best option.
We should learn from the past to avoid repeating foolish mistakes.
Effiong

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by oruma19: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
There has never been a day when the people of Nigeria were united in love and harmony. The only solution is divorce.

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by sylve11: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I have never seen a more illiterate than you in my life.

Mr Effion repeated three times in this article that the Trimnell and Effiongs stayed at Trimnell's inlaws on Spencer Street....yet you substituted these names with Ojukwus.

grin grin cool
Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Yusman316(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
Guestlander:

Exactly, but what about the other coups that followed? Were they Hausa/Fulani coups?
Of all the coups that took place in Nigeria, only two has had a Hausa or Fulani man as direct beneficiary. The coup that brought in Gen. Murtala Muhammed which barely lasted a year, and the coup that brought in Gen. Muhammed Buhari which didn't last two years. All the other beneficiaries of coups from the North are neither hausas nor Fulani. IBB, Abacha, Gowon and Abdulsalam are not Hausa or Fulani

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by tommy589(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
[quote author=franchasng post=80946165]The coup failed in the Eastern Nigeria completely. The failure of the coup started from Eastern Nigeria.

An Igbo coup yet Ojukwu and Nzeogwu the head of the coup never liked each other nor agreed.

Ojukwu never liked Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna.

Go back and read what Philip Effiong said. Igbo hatred started towards the end of British rule in Nigeria because Northerners and Westerners (Yorubas) were already getting scared of Igbo domination in all field; education, sports, business, finance, military, etc. So they used the counter coup and decree 34 as excuse to massacre Igbos living in the north.

Do indicate the paragraph in the write up where Yorubas were mentioned of getting scared of igbo domination

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Ready2speak: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is mind blowing.

Major take away:

Ojukwu never listened to anyone during the Biafra war.

Ojukwu's family never surfered in the Biafra war, hence while the rest of the Igbos were dying of starvation, Ojukwu's family were drinking Bournvita and playing with toys.

The Biafran army never really thought they had the capacity to win the war from the onset

Yorubas never had any problems with Biafra

Zik was actually on the side of Biafra initially, not a true Nigerian as some people will like us to believe, but fell out with Ojukwu because he didn't listen to his advice.

1966 is a coup led by majority Igbos officers but it is unfair to call it an Igbo coup.

Conclusion:

Fair enough, I have always known every of his submission but it is more important and believable coming from the son of someone involved.

Really don't know how old u are. But take it or leave it; there is nothing mind blowing about this account. Ask yourself how many years old was he when the war was fought to give a mind blowing account of what happened? Does a senior military officer make decisions taken at topic security level a family brakefast gossip? Which senior military officer will do that? He was just a kid & was never in d know of what happened with officers & men of d forces. So chill.
Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Ready2speak: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biety:
My take aways from this long article are:
Most of the people that helped Ojukwu were Yorubas.

Ojukwu actually disguised to escape. Infact he went into hiding and had to be helped by good samarithans.
Before now I used to think people were just saying it to taunt him.

Another one is that Ojukwu' son still trembles whenever he sees lightning or hears thunder blast because of the experience he had about 50yrs ago during the war.
The sumary is that war is never an option to disagrement s. Dialogue is the best option.
We should learn from the past to avoid repeating foolish mistakes.

Your mind travelled small after reading? Which Ojukwu son?

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by rabzy: 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
franchasng:
The coup failed in the Eastern Nigeria completely. The failure of the coup started from Eastern Nigeria.

An Igbo coup yet Ojukwu and Nzeogwu the head of the coup never liked each other nor agreed.

Ojukwu never liked Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna.

Go back and read what Philip Effiong said. Igbo hatred started towards the end of British rule in Nigeria because Northerners and Westerners (Yorubas) were already getting scared of Igbo domination in all field; education, sports, business, finance, military, etc. So they used the counter coup and decree 34 as excuse to massacre Igbos living in the north.

Yorubas didn't participate in the 1966 pogrom because Yorubas are not that violent I must be honest with you. A Yoruba man can hate you but won't go to the extent of trying to kill you physically, highest he can do is to resort to the use of juju at most.

But Hausa-Fulani and Middlebelt will kill you physically once they hate you, so they used that coup and the counter coup as excuse to carry out their year long hatred for Igbos out of envy of Igbo's success and dominance.

Go and read it, it was an account of a non Igbo man who witnessed the events first hand and he said the truth in most of his interview answers which I can relate to based on stories my late uncle, father and relatives who played active roles in those time told me too.

Note; what he said about Ironsi is true, reason majority of Igbos don't like Ironsi and Azikiwe. Both of them didn't try for Igbos, they were after uniting Nigeria and pleasing the North more than pleasing their Eastern region just like Rochas of today and Ironsi paid the price of that huge mistake with his life, a lesson every sane human in Nigeria must learn.

Nigeria is not united, will never be and can never be.

The only thing uniting Nigeria is crude oil!!

What did Ironsi do to please the north...he had the people who murdered northern princes and nobles (the north has never had many top men in many field, then the few they had were murdered) and the cream of the military in his hands for 6 months and he didnt do jack, rather rumours (unsubstantiated of course) were going round that they were been fed fat in the prisons. The whole political class were not killed but he didnt hand over power back to them after quelling the coup. All the northern military guys wanted was for him to execute the coup plotters, there was tension everywhere and he didnt act decisively. He pleased no one and he never even helped the igbo cause because despite repeated warnings from igbo officers of the planned revenge coup, he actually gave them a false sense of security.

On igbo domination, you can read the following, its a book but these are just excepts

[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by franchasng: 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Hmmm. Which type of rifle fits in a drawer? How come you know about the kill-list more than the plotters themselves?
my uncle who is now late was among the Nzeogwu crew, he was among those that carried out the coup execution with Nzeogwu in Kaduna. He and Nzeogwu led the coupist to pull down Ahmadu Bello's gate.
Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by uba1991: 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
OJUKWU family was drinking bournvita and playing with toys while others were starved

5 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by franchasng: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
Infinityk:

Yorubas afraid of Igbo domination?
What Yorubas achieved then, no other region came close to achievements of western region then
You people like to feel important
I hate living in the same country with you guys
I hope Nigeria breaks up
all talks no action yen yen yen, you guys have been the ones always begging for Nigeria to remain one and whenever u hear Biafra agitation you Yorubas begin to cringe in your bones yet u come here to brag as if Yoruba have ever wished for Nigeria to breakup when they have been busy using Igbos to shine and get some crumbs that fell of Hausa-Fulani political table, don't annoy me angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by BafanaBafana: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2019
franchasng:
Wow!

And the truth shall continue to prevail smiley

God bless you Philip Effiong II

The only reason they always hate Igbos wherever they are is not because Igbos killed them or stole their properties, no, it is always because Igbos put in their best in whatever they do and succeed faster than others, making them develop unnecessary hatred for Igbos for being successful, nothing else oh.

The truth can never be hidden forever, thank you Philip Effiong II for revealing this long hidden truth why they hate Igbos till today cool

I used to think that it was only Azikiwe that knew about the coup, but the truth is, all the ruling politicians knew about the coup but refused to act.

Akintola Williams the Western Premier got information about the coup from Zik and Akintola told Sir Ahmadu Bello, but Bello waved it aside, saying nothing will happen.

Azikiwe warned Akintola again and then took a medical leave with his Yoruba doctor. Then Akintola angrily went to Kaduna to warn Ahmadu Bello the Northern Premier, but Ahmadu Bello again refused to listen, so Akintola went and bought a rifle to arm himself at his Ibadan official residence.

When the coupist arrived Akintola's official residence, they didn't plan to kill him instantly, they came to arrest him, but as soon as Akintola sighted them, he rushed and grabbed his rifle and started shooting at them and injured some of the coupist, which made them kill him during exchange of fire, though he was on their list of those to be killed.

Also, the coupist didn't plan to kill Tafawa Belewa the Prime Minister, but when they heard the coup has foiled, they killed all the politicians they took on house arrest, including Belewa.

The people they had their names for killing were:

1.) Ahmadu Bello because he was a tribal bigot like Buhari of today angry

2.) Akintola Williams for his alignment with Bello and his political tuzzle with Awolowo (the coupist loved Awolowo who was serving a jail term for treason at Enugu Prison)

3.) Azikiwe for his love for Northern Nigeria against the south but he used his wisdom and ran away in disguise of going for medical trip.

4.) Aguiyi Ironsi was also on their list of those to be killed

One Yoruba Major that got killed with his wife was killed because he tried to pull out his rifle from his drawer, and they shot him.
Tell a lie a thousand times, it will never be true. Not everyone here are kids. If you want to pass information here, get your facts right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by connkg(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2019
Let this record also show that:
1. There were 3 strike groups for 4 targets. 1 strike in the North, 1 in the West and the Lagos group tasked with hitting both Lagos and Enugu.
2. The Lagos group drove all night to Enugu. They missed their mark. They actually drove all night and arrived in the morning on the following day.

I added this for fact. Truth could be that they did so purposely, so there could be this "Igbo coup". You be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by henryobinna(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
uba1991:
OJUKWU family was drinking bournvita and playing with toys while others were starved
you forgot to note that Ujukwu's family was arguably the richest family in Nigeria as at that time. So even without the war they were probably still feeding better than the rest of Nigeria by a wide margin

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Aidejay(m): 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
@ blue.

Shows you have a very distorted history of the civil war.

Where on earth did you read or hear that Biafran army ever left Midwest, talkless of reaching ore to the extent of getting to shagamu?

The Biafran army never invaded Ore because the commander of the army was one major Banjo who felt he could get a negotiated passage from Obasanjo to Lagos before be was summoned by Ojukwu and charged with treason.

This gave the Nigerian side led by Obasanjo the excuse they needed to go counter offensive in the Midwest which was also the first time Yoruba officers joined the civil war as the war largely a Hausa/Igbo affair till that point.

@ red
This shows another distorted version of history. Adolf Hitler committed suicide alongside his mistress when he realised the Red army (Russian army) were approaching from the east and the Allied forces led by America were approaching from the west. The reminant of the Nazis were then arrested and prosecuted. Your version of history is nothing but a conspiracy theory from a deranged section of the society.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/adolf-hitler-commits-suicide-in-his-underground-bunker

@ green is just laughable tbh grin

Nelson Mandela a renowned freedom fighter known world over is from a royal family that is well to do. He was also a successful lawyer but he abadoned his family, neglected his family welfare to the extent of lossing a child and going through a divorce to fight for the welfare of his people. What about Gandhi? What about Martin Luther king Jr?

These are considerably well to do men that abadoned their welfare for their people.

Yet, Ojukwu wined and dined when majority of his people were picking grain of rice from the street, his children were playing with toys when majority of the igbo children were dying of malnutrition, his town was well protected when majority of Igbos were dying in Asaba and Imo due to constant air raids by the Nigerian army. He even ensured all his family were moved out of Nigeria before informing General Effiong to surrender.

Tell me, Was his life more important than yours?
thank you very much 4 this I almost let myself believe that poo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Iamgrey5(m): 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ready2speak:

Really don't know how old u are. But take it or leave it; there is nothing mind blowing about this account. Ask yourself how many years old was he when the war was fought to give a mind blowing account of what happened? Does a senior military officer make decisions taken at topic security level a family brakefast gossip? Which senior military officer will do that? He was just a kid & was never in d know of what happened with officers & men of d forces. So chill.
No, I should rather take the account of you that were not born at the time of the war into consideration!

Tbh, I don't even know what you are going on about.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by oyatz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
Although I don't know the roles played by Prof CC Moujekwu but what I know about Biafra , including it's establishment, the war and it's administration is that they love to look for scapegoats to blame! Sometimes it's Awolowo, sometimes it's Gowon, Victor Banjo and sometimes they blame Nigeria, Britain, Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and everybody else but they don't blame themselves!

1) I seriously doubt if the Biafran Authority consulted widely with their wise Ststemen and use their wise counsel.
2) Most Biafran enthusiasts seems to have this notion that 'Biafra is part of Nigeria's responsibilities' and Nigeria should have done everything necessary to let Biafran seccession succeed or at least Nigeria shouldn't have done anything that can prevent the success of the Biafran succession.

3) Because of this notion, it appears the Biafrans did envisage the possibility of Nigeria not cooperating as they wished and thus the Biafrans didn't make serious PLAN-B.

[quote author=Techsunny post=80955976][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by itsene: 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is mind blowing.

Major take away:

Ojukwu never listened to anyone during the Biafra war.

Ojukwu's family never surfered in the Biafra war, hence while the rest of the Igbos were dying of starvation, Ojukwu's family were drinking Bournvita and playing with toys.

The Biafran army never really thought they had the capacity to win the war from the onset

Yorubas never had any problems with Biafra

Zik was actually on the side of Biafra initially, not a true Nigerian as some people will like us to believe, but fell out with Ojukwu because he didn't listen to his advice.

1966 is a coup led by majority Igbos officers but it is unfair to call it an Igbo coup.

Conclusion:

Fair enough, I have always known every of his submission but it is more important and believable coming from the son of someone involved.

Zik's advice was biafra was not a good idea.
Don't conclude matters with prejudice.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by buchilino(m): 2:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
but he was foolish to use decree 34 unitary system which is still affecting us...he took over ought to have punished the coup plotters and initiate a return to civil rule he didn't...

MY BROTHER, DON'T GET ME WRONG, IRONSI MADE MISTAKES BUT 2 BLAME ALL NIGERIA'S PROBLEM ON IRONSI MISTAKE, IS BEING UNFAIR 2 MAN. I HAVE READ ABOUT D MAN IRONSI N BELIEVE ME, IF U HAD WITH IRONSI PERSONALLY U WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE MAN. I HAVE BEEN IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS B4, NIGERIANS DON'T LIKE PPLE WITH INTEGRITY. IRONSI WEAK POINT WAS HIS INTEGRITY.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Iamgrey5(m): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
itsene:

Zik's advice was biafra was not a good idea.
Don't conclude matters with prejudice.
No sir, go through the interview again

Zik's idea was that Biafra could be achieved through negotiations and not war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by itsene: 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2019
uduak2016:
He raised great point. He must understand that not just his father felt betrayed. Ojukwu and most Eastern senior officers warned Ironsi stop this your stupidity of trusting these people. Ironsi will not listen. Finally led to his death. And Easterners losing power.
Why do you guys fail or refuse to think. You'll now conveniently want to blame Ironsi. Was it not Orizu and others that invited and encouraged Ironsi to take over
Was that the igbo scheme all along. Late Ejoor thinks so.
Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
buchilino:

MY BROTHER, DON'T GET ME WRONG, IRONSI MADE MISTAKES BUT 2 BLAME ALL NIGERIA'S PROBLEM ON IRONSI MISTAKE, IS BEING UNFAIR 2 MAN. I HAVE READ ABOUT D MAN IRONSI N BELIEVE ME, IF U HAD WITH IRONSI PERSONALLY U WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE MAN. I HAVE BEEN IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS B4, NIGERIANS DON'T LIKE PPLE WITH INTEGRITY. IRONSI WEAK POINT WAS HIS INTEGRITY.
this isn't about integrity...he took over at a time Nigeria was fragile...the coup plotters should have been punished to send a message and he ought to have immediately initiate a return to civil rule...that would have calm tensions of everyone then...changin to unitary sent a wrong signal...if he had done that...maybe things would be different

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by buchilino(m): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
this isn't about integrity...he took over at a time Nigeria was fragile...the coup plotters should have been punished to send a message and he ought to have immediately initiate a return to civil rule...that would have calm tensions of everyone then...changin to unitary sent a wrong signal...if he had done that...maybe things would be different

MAYBE OR MAYBE NOT, BUT ONE TIME I HATE DOING, IS CONDEMNING OTHERS, COS IF I HAD FOUND MYSELF SUCH SITUATIONS MAYBE I WOULD HAVE DONE WORST. LIKE I SAID LEADERSHIP IN NIGERIA ISN'T EASY SO I TRY NOT 2 CONDEMN OTHERS IN A HURRY.
Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
ProudDick:

Keep saying this nonsense hoping it will stick. No where in history has a military coup installed a civilian government without a vote.

The Igbos wanted to rule Nigeria by force. Ademoyega was just a pawn in the Igbo political chess game. Zik already talked about Igbo conquering the whole of Africa as at 1945.

Zik never at any time said the Igbos were going to conquer Africa. Stop disgracing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by rosebowl01(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Corrosiveman:
Up till today it's still called an Igbo Coup
Though all tribes participated in it
The only mistake made was that
The Coup failed in the Eastern Region.

But Coming to think of it The main reason
For the Coup can still be seen today.

If Gowon Accepted Aburi Accord there
Would have been peace.
But he and his cohorts refused due to Oil
Was found in the Eastern region

And that's why the North
Won't Accept Restructuring

Please let’s not mixup facts with fictions. The first coup didn’t fail in the East. It was designed to spare the Eastern leaders because it was an Igbo coup. You can’t somehow kill all the leaders from every other area, spare yours, then turnaround to say there was no agenda. The next leader also happened to be from the East, again, he “accidentally” refused to court marshal the coup plotters. These clearly confirmed the true intent, and gave the primitive and evil Fulanis the opportunity to turn the country upside down. It was wrong and unfair what Nigeria did to Igbos, but it was wrong, what Igbos did to other Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Riversides2003(m): 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
So this guy said Yorubas helped Ojukwu a lot. There is something we really need to understand here.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by gidgiddy: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
uba1991:

No different from what is happening in present day Nigeria with the families of the highly placed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by NkayStory(f): 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
Infinityk:

Yorubas afraid of Igbo domination?
What Yorubas achieved then, no other region came close to achievements of western region then
You people like to feel important
I hate living in the same country with you guys
I hope Nigeria breaks up

I detest having you lots as countrymen...Biafra which you guys fought against and is still doing today would have ensured complete seperation of Igbos and yorubas..

At least we walk the talk via the Biafran war and IPOB now...while yorubas have made minus zero efforts to seperate themselves from Igbos....The biggest advocators for 'unity' and "one Nigeria' are yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Deepthoughts: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Guestlander:

Ifeajuna was not planning to install Awolowo. I read somewhere he had some kind of relationship with Azikiwe and that he probably alerted Azikiwe to the plans. This is why Azikiwe was conveniently away for medical reasons when the coup happened.
It was indeed an Igbo coup.
The only thing I don't understand is why Ironsi did not ensure the deputy prime minister was sworn in since the coup failed. He quickly took over and started making blunders after blunders.
Ironsi was a big fool,if he had acted decisively the subsequent events n war would have been averted,but the man was just a dullard n was killed like one.

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong: Ironsi Exposed My Dad To Coup Plotters - Ojukwu’s Deputy’s Son by Deepthoughts: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ojiofor:

Give us the casualty list of Dimka's coup and why its not called Tiv or whatever coup.
Dimka was an angas man n not Tiv, it's orkaa that was a Tiv man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha On Ahiajoku Lecture: Ihedioha Gathered PDP Chieftains To Abuse Me / Soldiers Arrest Grace Abdu, VOA Journalist For Interviewing Resident Of Oyigbo / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Weighs Options Between APC, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.