Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,065 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

OMOYELE SOWOYE: "My Opinion: Revolution Leads To Transformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OMOYELE SOWOYE: "My Opinion: Revolution Leads To Transformation (238 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Meets Father Mbaka (Video, Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Meets With Herdsmen And Farmer In Jalingo (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OMOYELE SOWOYE: "My Opinion: Revolution Leads To Transformation by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
"My Opinion: Revolution leads to Transformation " Oyedokun Ebunoluwa Heebee

I will say there are alot of political undertone to this RevolutionNow Sega but the mood of contention is if it's right to have that or not.
Yeah, it's right. Let me enlighten us more on this.
Revolution is not an unpalatable things.Revolution can be good or bad.
Revolution can entails changes in culture, economy and socio - political institutions , usually in response to perceived overwhelming autocracy or plutocracy .
It depends on the mood revolution is carried out. Infact most advanced countries in the world have experienced revolution in one time or the other and that brought the real landmark of democracy in them.
A practical example of a revolutionist is Martin Luther King. The man who led many non-violent revolution against the United States of America Government. Had it mean Luther King didn't fought against racism in 1963, what would have being the hope of blacks in United States. The dream of Barack Obama would have being a mirage as a result of existing discrimination between the black and white Americans.
Oh, have we forgotten something called fundamental human right?. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights which contain 30 articles has an established right of basic concepts of dignity, liberty, equality, and brotherhood in Article 1-2. Article 3-5 also established other individual rights, such as the right to life and the prohibition of
slavery and torture.
The problem of Nigeria is far from electioneering process but it's time we need to restructure our system. The system is faulty. Even if George Washington, Nelson Mandela, should rule us with this our economic, constitution and political system, they will fail. Let Sowore should be the President today, he will fumble. Why? Because our system is faulty. The constitution, ideology of the country and idiosyncrasies of individuals need to change.
Government need to go back to the people. The people are the pillar of democracy.
Yes, a nonviolent revolution is needed in a country where we have about 39 million unemployed youths. A country where freedom of expression is based on selectivity and favoritism is in danger.
A democratic state where the government is by the people and not for the people need a nonviolent revolutionary change.
If the situation of a Country can be in a sorry stage and some patriotic citizens take it as a responsibility to lead a nonviolent revolution, while some are against it then I weep for the future of this Nation.
We tend to defend insensitivity of our political affiliation with our sensitivity instead of use to against the insensitivity of government with our level of sensitivity.
Though I never believe in Sowore ideology during his political campaign but the path Nigeria need is a total change in our system. We need a nonviolent revolution.
I am a staunch supporter of this administration but I can't make my Bachelor of Agriculture a waste while defending what I presumed is not right. My education is not a waste.
If at the government side the arrest is due of the usage of the name RevolutionNow, then they got it wrong.
Remember I said it earlier, there is more to this. It's a political strategy and mind game between the players. I won't want to elucidate more than this on this matter.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=745681392532222&id=100012711037939

Lalasticlala, Seun ,Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

SPN Cries For The Release Of The August 5 Peaceful Protesters Like Fagunwa / Nigerian Woman Shares A Controversial View About Obasanjo’s Presidency / We Need Struction - Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.