Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,320 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Feminism... Defined - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism... Defined (1763 Views)

Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
LegitGuy22:
@Op you u claim feminism are fighting for equal rights, but my question is this, are they also ready for equal responsibilities like doing heavy works?
yes. Widows, single mothers do so already. And i call that feminism. Its not about the title but that as a woman who is alone, rather than fall down on your knees, you stand up and finish the race. It means being able to source out your own food rather than wait for a man to do it. To pay your bills without call your bf. So yes. If driving a truck prevents me from being a leech on egolistic men out there, ill do it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by ubunja(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
lilwetdick:

the reality is this, the real so called strong and independent women never get married, they believe they dont need a man in their lives, they believe they can achieve everything without the help of a man, some of them really do achieve what they want whether career wise or educational wise when they wanna get sex from a man they just advertise what they are looking for on social media, they choose men from the pool of Hot men who sent requests, after sex, they show them the way out of the door.
did your account get hacked?
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
lilwetdick:

i know about zodiac, i do not so much believe in it but i noticed that it describes personality of people born in different months semi accurately.

according to your zodiac sign its says that you're creative, fiery, independent and stylish, is this correct about you?

anyway, we cant all have our way in relationship, as i have said earlier, someone has to lead and in most cases it is the man that is the way he can get respect from a woman, it is only when he has become so useless in the relationship then a woman can decide to sail the ship. the reality here is many men in Nigeria are not leaders in their relationship, they have lost the respect or they dont know what it means to lead in a relationship

to be sincere with you, the best relationships are those relationship in which a woman trust her man to lead because she believes he is capable, it always end up well for both couple
if youre a gal dating a male nairalander would you let him lead always?
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
lilwetdick:

i know about zodiac, i do not so much believe in it but i noticed that it describes personality of people born in different months semi accurately.

according to your zodiac sign its says that you're creative, fiery, independent and stylish, is this correct about you?

anyway, we cant all have our way in relationship, as i have said earlier, someone has to lead and in most cases it is the man that is the way he can get respect from a woman, it is only when he has become so useless in the relationship then a woman can decide to sail the ship. the reality here is many men in Nigeria are not leaders in their relationship, they have lost the respect or they dont know what it means to lead in a relationship

to be sincere with you, the best relationships are those relationship in which a woman trust her man to lead because she believes he is capable, it always end up well for both couple
Im not into zodiac horoscopes but aries is me. Emphasis on independent

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Tooshallpass: 11:16pm On Aug 04, 2019
VirginDiva:

i'll save the tip for when i start dating. Another reason for feminism? The average 9ja man. Their mentality....
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
Tooshallpass:

Oh Ubunja you don’t hit people with relationship tips just anyhow for free. The value of a thing is actually premised on how important it is to the subject.

VirginDiva is well read, intelligent and enlightened plus she isn’t in a relationship.

Btw any girl reading Rob Greene’ Work must be tread with carefully, prolly not the average girl.

Check her profile;
“Not a slay mama”
Tread carefully Ubunja with her, Don’t waste your precious time my nigga.
Lol, whose profile? Ubunja's teaching his younger sister how to date.
you've read the book. I Just started reading 48 laws of power.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Tooshallpass: 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
VirginDiva:
Lol, whose profile? Ubunja's teaching his younger sister how to date.

If you say so.

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
VirginDiva:

i think you misunderstood the word being independent, it means not relying on someone for help or for your needs, if you have a bf and you rely on him for help, it kills the purpose of being independent, most independent women do not get marry because they believe they dont have to rely on men for their own survival.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
VirginDiva:
if youre a gal dating a male nairalander would you let him lead always?

most of the guys here on romance section are losers, you will be suprised that in real life, you can easily control and manipulate them to do your biddings even with the nonsense they read. theoretical nonsense is different from practical application

leadership is not by shouting or trying to show who is the man, leadership is by action

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2019
ubunja:
did your account get hacked?

so what are you implying
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
No, you don't understand feminism.

Feminism teaches that men decided to subdue and humiliate women. So men are evil.

It teaches that a woman shouldn't be tender and fragile, rather she must leave her feminity and compete with men aggressively even if that will involve losing her feminity.
But no matter how hard they try, nature belies them. In the army women do half the drill of men. In athletics the same is the case.

teaches that men and women relationship is competition and not complimentary. That women must not accept their roles in the house. They must go and work even if that will mean that the house and children is neglected.

Feminism is the cause of poorly trained children, low population of marriable women and increase in use-and-dump women that are only fit to be screwed, abandoned and added to the list of baby mamas.

You better wiseup before it's too late.
The Hallmark of feminism is gender equality;if understood both genders will smile happily.
Ignore the rants of some Nairaland gals who wanna eat their cake and have it! Don't mistaken a male-hater as a feminist!
Your second to the last paragraph wrote you off!

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 05, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
we do not fear feminists but hate them because they are hypocrites
Except you see feminism from the prism of broke men-haters, then your tag of them stands.
Can you take a look at my thread on feminism and tell me what you think?

https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 05, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
we do not fear feminists but hate them because they are hypocrites
Except you see feminism from the prism of broke men-haters, then your tag of them stands.
Feminism is not pro-women ,but pro-equality of but genders.
Can you take a look at my thread on feminism and tell me what you think?

https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 05, 2019
lilwetdick:

the reality is this, the real so called strong and independent women never get married, they believe they dont need a man in their lives, they believe they can achieve everything without the help of a man, some of them really do achieve what they want whether career wise or educational wise when they wanna get sex from a man they just advertise what they are looking for on social media, they choose men from the pool of Hot men who sent requests, after sex, they show them the way out of the door.
So what is wrong in this?

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by ubunja(m): 1:11am On Aug 05, 2019
lilwetdick:

so what are you implying
what happened to the asslicking vagina worshipper that we know you to be?
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2019
ubunja:
what happened to the asslicking vagina worshipper that we know you to be?

as usual you lack comprehension..

you are the virginal worshipper and woman are your god that you worship daily... i hope you know you are also a rapist, dont forget you slept with a minor just because she gave you attention for wearing a new cloth. very disgusting. i was right all through.

let me surmarise for you, the real hardcore independent woman are usually highly educated and career oriented, they use men for only sex after that she shows you the door out.

let me tell you, i am not even threaten by feminism in Nigeria or in Africa because it all joke just the same way red pill, mgtow and the rest are, what i fear the most is a welfare society that will empower women to become lazy, so that they can sleep around with deadbeat men without facing the consequences then born irresponsible children that will become threat to law abiding citizens.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 05, 2019
Michellekabod2:

So what is wrong in this?

i was giving my opinion on what it means to be an independent woman.

real independent woman are mostly found in the western world and very popular among white women, they do not need a man in their life, they believe they can achieve anything without marrying any man.

so when a woman says she is strong and independent woman in Nigeria, i guess she must be joking or do not understand the meaning of what it means to be a strong and independent woman.
Re: Feminism... Defined by ubunja(m): 1:46am On Aug 05, 2019
lilwetdick:

as usual you lack comprehension..

you are the virginal worshipper and woman are your god that you worship daily... i hope you know you are also a rapist, dont forget you slept with a minor just because she gave you attention for wearing a new cloth. very disgusting. i was right all through.

let me surmarise for you, the real hardcore independent woman are usually highly educated and career oriented, they use men for only sex after that she shows you the door out.

let me tell you, i am not even threaten by feminism in Nigeria or in Africa because it all joke just the same way red pill, mgtow and the rest are, what i fear the most is a welfare society that will empower women to become lazy, so that they can sleep around with deadbeat men without facing the consequences then born irresponsible children that will become threat to law abiding citizens.
denial is not an excuse

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 05, 2019
Michellekabod2:

The Hallmark of feminism is gender equality;if understood both genders will smile happily.
Ignore the rants of some Nairaland gals who wanna eat their cake and have it! Don't mistaken a male-hater as a feminist!

it is hard to achieve gender equality, even among men there isnt equality talkless of gender gender, to be sincere gender equality doesn not exist, gender equality is a term made up by leftist to deceive people. even the term equality is a myth

women are have rights since before nigeria was founded, nobody discriminate against them even in present day nigeria, they also steal government resources like men. so what more do you want, they can become doctors, lawyers etc, i ask again, what do you want, what type of equality are you talking about?
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 05, 2019
Adakintroy2:
They are never equal stop defining rubbish. You say intellectually, as if intellect alone is what constitute our while being.

What about mental or physical energy. I'd you want to compare take the whole totality. Not only aspects.

A right hand with left hand are both complementary. but what a right hand can endure and accomplish is not the same as what the left can. It's simple truth.

but I'm left handed grin

only insecure men fear feminism. a man with self respect will appreciate the companionship and not be looking for who to lead grin
@OP...

girls need to stop being stupid air heads if they want their opinion counted! If all you can contribute is twerking and selfie skills then you're opinion ain't worth shift!

A man will reason with a reasonable woman but where are they is it these hoes marketing their ass if so there's no equality but a buy and sale; customers and service.

you get what you are in life and not what you want.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Korllami007: 2:42am On Aug 05, 2019
VirginDiva:

Because a dozen slayqueens out there end their facebook and instagram post with #feminism, that doesnt make them one. Why does a strong, independent woman scare you?

You are shifting goal post when you have been hooked in tight corner let me come down your level. grin Why feminists hate participating in life threatening jobs. I have been expecting Nairaland feminists to go to aso rock and protest for female participation in combating boko haram so that they can prove men and women are equal. Or protest that federal government should order all the soldiers in borno to go back home and send female soldiers to the same war zone so that you guys can prove that what a man can do a woman can do better. If none of you can't do this, then chicken is more brave than you.
If you want equality, don't cherry pick. Fight for equality in all aspects of life. If you you are choosing where to be equal in the society, then you're still proving to us that you're a coward, a weaker sex, and a second class gender. It's obvious that you guys want to enjoy equality without facing disadvantages and disaster that come with it. Since you want equality, then you will have to dump privilege. If you are serious with you feminism, I will advise you to do and and accept what is listed below:
1. Write to UN to change international law that says that Women should not be killed during war to Women can also be killed along side with men since both men and women are equal. If you can achieve this, I will take feminism serious.
2. If war broke out, both adult male and female should be enlisted to go and defend their countries. There shouldn't be Women should stay behind and take care of children while men go to war and die. In this case, women has no reason to stay behind because their competitor (men) are fighting war and women should go with them and show their own fighting skills and techniques in the battle field too.
3. If a ship is sinking, there shouldn't be Women and children should be saved first and the remaining men can fight for survival but it should be Children should be saved first then men and women can fight for survival This should be applicable to any life threatening situations.
If you don't want this and you want equality, unfortunately, you don't deserve equality because equality comes with price, which is privilege. Please choose one and dump one.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism... Defined by Korllami007: 3:03am On Aug 05, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Abegi, there is nothing like feminism fights for both gender. Feminism is coined out the from the word female so how can it be fighting for both gender. It's founded to fight for female right. If there's an organization that wants fight for both gender, it should be called Gender Equality not feminism. It's just like saying Women empowerment program is to empower both man and woman. Physically completed athletes participate in Paralympics. Male students attend Queen's college. That's very very very very very stupid and nonsensical nonsense.
Abeg we're not fools.

This is one of your groups below. Read their motto.

1 Like

Re: Feminism... Defined by LegitGuy22: 6:47am On Aug 05, 2019
VirginDiva:
yes. Widows, single mothers do so already. And i call that feminism. Its not about the title but that as a woman who is alone, rather than fall down on your knees, you stand up and finish the race. It means being able to source out your own food rather than wait for a man to do it. To pay your bills without call your bf. So yes. If driving a truck prevents me from being a leech on egolistic men out there, ill do it.

There is no way a man and a woman can be equal, emotionally, biologically, physically, psychologically men and women are different, let's not deceive ourselves. Women talk, Men do.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2019
VirginDiva:

feminism as so much misconception becos it as no fundamental basis it was borne out rivalry & a need to competite with men ...not to support men.
we men can never hate women, infact we are cursed to love women, what feminist term as hate from men is competiton effect, if its in the office we are both competing for a post,fine!! but i think it will be appropriate if women don't bring feminism into r/ships & marriages becos the scope is to compete, not to support a man, these contradict primals of marriage.
So ladies we men we love to see you compete in the offices & business world, with d current economic, be a woman tantamount to fixed asset, becos been an independent woman can only mean you don't men in ur life ( survival is not just money it broadly covers other needs as humans) .... feminism is just a title no one needs same as alpha bullshit just operate n refuse to be liability in life.
Re: Feminism... Defined by kesikeller(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2019
VirginDiva:
Its the same thing as owning a joint co operation, both patners own equal shares and rights. And when a conflict arises both offer solutions. And the most credible is executed. Thats how a relationship is, a willing togetherness not a master/slave relationship.

all men are pigs/trash still women want to be equal to men - ideology of feminism
Re: Feminism... Defined by Adakintroy2: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2019
Guest007:

but I'm left handed grin

only insecure men fear feminism. a man with self respect will appreciate the companionship and not be looking for who to lead grin
@OP...

girls need to stop being stupid air heads if they want their opinion counted! If all you can contribute is twerking and selfie skills then you're opinion ain't worth shift!

A man will reason with a reasonable woman but where are they is it these hoes marketing their ass if so there's no equality but a buy and sale; customers and service.

OK lefty you get my point. Respectively One hand is stronger or more durable that the other.

I am not afraid of companionship. Am saying men are more suited for leadership compared.

There is no such thing as equality in this world. Someone must lead. And someone most follow. That's why we have America as world powers. World leadersx Governors, heads of parastatals. Name them. Someone must lead.

Aside feminism is a cowardice push in my view. Many women in Era of wars and conquest Or feudal society were physicality was pronounce never made this push. Society has not always been technologicaly advance and civil. Men had to go hunting. Farm the land and defend territories.

Women then we're contended to sit and nurse children. They were not physically up for the task. Thank God for technolgy.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Adakintroy2: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2019
Guest007:

but I'm left handed grin

@OP...

OK lefty you get my point. Respectively One hand is stronger or more durable that the other.

I am not afraid of companionship. Am saying men are more suited for leadership compared. Sexuality does not interpreted anything. That for me is completely another direction. Most women making this feminist push are independent educated figure. They do not necessary sell their bodies. They up there in the politics, college professors, strong business figure and all.

Those interpreting it with sexuality are the rug rats. There impute count little.

From top, the whole ideal itself that a man and a woman is equal is what am against. We can walk together.. but someone has to lead. There are too many inherent weakness in women compared to men. It's natural..I respect women don't get me wrong. I love them crazy. Buy there weakness at times is something that the world does not need.
Re: Feminism... Defined by Ogbotobo77(m): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2019
i bliv men and women re equal,but equality dnt mean identicality.Dependn on our biological make up men&women hv diff roles..I don't bliv we hv equal rights,but i bliv our rights can be equally balanced..modern day feminism issa cancer..always playing d victim..i respect women,esp women that got brains..i dnt hv to belong to a movement dat has perverted its original objective and has set out to victimise women..if i can respect a woman,her opinions and appreciate her support,wah do i need feminism for?..most feminists i've seen on tv re rude and bitter..if u wanna compete with a man..no p..just be prepared for d fallout of ur actions esp if you're married...
Re: Feminism... Defined by DExponential(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
Korllami007:

You are shifting goal post when you have been hooked in tight corner let me come down your level. grin Why feminists hate participating in life threatening jobs. I have been expecting Nairaland feminists to go to aso rock and protest for female participation in combating boko haram so that they can prove men and women are equal. Or protest that federal government should order all the soldiers in borno to go back home and send female soldiers to the same war zone so that you guys can prove that what a man can do a woman can do better. If none of you can't do this, then chicken is more brave than you.
If you want equality, don't cherry pick. Fight for equality in all aspects of life. If you you are choosing where to be equal in the society, then you're still proving to us that you're a coward, a weaker sex, and a second class gender. It's obvious that you guys want to enjoy equality without facing disadvantages and disaster that come with it. Since you want equality, then you will have to dump privilege. If you are serious with you feminism, I will advise you to do and and accept what is listed below:
1. Write to UN to change international law that says that Women should not be killed during war to Women can also be killed along side with men since both men and women are equal. If you can achieve this, I will take feminism serious.
2. If war broke out, both adult male and female should be enlisted to go and defend their countries. There shouldn't be Women should stay behind and take care of children while men go to war and die. In this case, women has no reason to stay behind because their competitor (men) are fighting war and women should go with them and show their own fighting skills and techniques in the battle field too.
3. If a ship is sinking, there shouldn't be Women and children should be saved first and the remaining men can fight for survival but it should be Children should be saved first then men and women can fight for survival This should be applicable to any life threatening situations.
If you don't want this and you want equality, unfortunately, you don't deserve equality because equality comes with price, which is privilege. Please choose one and dump one.
OP show!
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Adakintroy2:

I am not afraid of companionship. Am saying men are more suited for leadership compared. Sexuality does not interpreted anything. That for me is completely another direction. Most women making this feminist push are independent educated figure. They do not necessary sell their bodies. They up there in the politics, college professors, strong business figure and all.

Those interpreting it with sexuality are the rug rats. There impute count little.

From top, the whole ideal itself that a man and a woman is equal is what am against. We can walk together.. but someone has to lead. There are too many inherent weakness in women compared to men. It's natural..I respect women don't get me wrong. I love them crazy. Buy there weakness at times is something that the world does not need.

you seem to misunderstand my post! undecided

you guys love leading... go buy a goat and lead it!

I never said feminists are hoes... I said women who look for a man's pocket to survive have no right to ask for equality.

I have lead myself all my life so I don't need a man to lead me no where! I am equal to men...

feminism will free our African sisters from selling themselves to the highest bidder...
Re: Feminism... Defined by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
I love this! Men fight men in wars... why is it a woman's business?

when we lead the world ... wars will end!

Girls rule the world grin
Re: Feminism... Defined by Adakintroy2: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2019
Guest007:

you seem to misunderstand my post! undecided

you guys love leading... go buy a goat and lead it!

I never said feminists are hoes... I said women who look for a man's pocket to survive have no right to ask for equality.

I have lead myself all my life so I don't need a man to lead me no where! I am equal to men...

feminism will free our African sisters from selling themselves to the highest bidder...

OK agreed thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why There Are More Widows Than Widowers / How True Is This,romancelanders / How Do I Make Her Stop Disturbing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.