Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. (15187 Views)

How Much Of GSM Subscriber Base Was Affected By Suspension Of SIM Card Sales? / Mediatek G90 Outperforms The Snapdragon 730 In Antutu And Geekbench / Nigeria: Visible Increase In Internet Subscriptions… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Mizwisdom(f): 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2019
The most useless network in the world
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Mizwisdom(f): 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
DameB:

Ok I will, thanks

That was how one marketer asked me to try them, I bought the crap, loaded credit, and I've decided to throw away the sim.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by DameB(f): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:

That was how one marketer asked me to try them, I bought the crap, loaded credit, and I've decided to throw away the sim.

Haaa....
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by naijajobx: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Oh
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by TheFacelessMan: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
Jabioro:
Change your location and let us have your report here..

Many years on a mission at Seychelles Island...i met a young chubby Negro who said his name was AdayNigguh....
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Jabioro: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Many years on a mission at Seychelles Island...i met a young chubby Negro who said his name was AdayNigguh....
...and what happened between you.....did you see the hole between their thighs..Let us have the description one after the other quickly
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by specialJosh(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Glo outperforms others in internet subscriber acquisition in June.

Digital Transformation Leader, Globacom, has topped gainers' chart in the latest statistics of Internet subscribers released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for the month of June.

Indeed, June was a difficult month for the industry generally, as the total number of internet subscribers dropped by a whopping 332,338 from 122,624,417 in May to 122,292,079 in June.

The bulwark against complete free fall came from Globacom and Airtel who recorded subscriber gains, while the other operators recorded a loss.

Globacom gained a total of 196,816, moving from 28,825,533 data subscribers in May to 29,022,349 in June. Airtel gained a total of 42,510 subscribers in the corresponding period.

On the other hand, MTN lost 178,103 subscribers, dropping from 52,433,020 in May to 52,254,917 in June. Nigeria’s fourth largest telecommunications operator, 9Mobile lost 310,924 data subscribers, dropping from 9,350,477 in May to 9, 039,553 in June.

Globacom has proven to be the favourite of internet subscribers over the years on account of its customer-friendly data packages and fast internet connectivity. The operator became the first network in Nigeria to launch nationwide 4G in 2016. With the launch of the service, millions of subscribers on the Glo network have been able to enjoy instant, efficient broadband internet connectivity.

https://thepunditng.com/glo-outperforms-others-in-internet-subscriber-acquisition-in-june/
Congratulations to you Glo,
Rule your world...
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by bizhop01: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
MTN still rule
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
FarahAideed:
They still remain the onigbese of the industry
We have to take you down. You know too much. You've seen too much
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
Glo out perform it's competitors because of cheap data.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by piagetskinner(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
Looks like I’ll port to Glo oo..I cant keep buying data on Mtn every week

It’s not economical

Although Mtn still has the highest number of subscribers
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by gravity4(m): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
For me airtel na d best
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by RealOne042: 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2019
My problem is that it's not working properly in my area.. If not I'll be giving them up to 10k every month
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Chiemeka1: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Like for Glo, share for MTN.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Melaninprincess(f): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
But this Airtel Binge plan is legit though. 350 naira for 1GB issa good deal for me
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
otokx:
They should have no rival in data, need to work more in service delivery.

You are right they should face this advantage and work more on their connection strength.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
Melaninprincess:
But this Airtel Binge plan is legit though. 350 naira for 1GB issa good deal for me

Is there any unlimited data plan in Nigeria?
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by matrixme(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
People always say positive things about their 4g. Only it's on band 28,just like using AM in the days of satellite radio. I think they should go and get a loan and upgrade their 4g band to the one people actually uses (because I really believe they bargained for the cheapest band out there). Or they could also make their mifi like 4 thousand naira to attract customers.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by chuggy(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2019
Salmoneus:
Glo the slowest crap out there...
Get a 4G LTE 28 (700) phone for glo network...Your life will never remain the same
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Why do I feel that all those comments up there praising Glo are those of either Fanboys or Marketers undecided
If you want to increase the frustration of being a Nigerian living in Nigeria then use Glo in any Remote location...
This is how you'll be finding network grin grin cheesy grin grin
You crack me up with that pix.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
The number of glo subscribers can be used to measure the present economy situation in Nigeria.

More subscribes depict the slowing down and declining economy (more people are send to the village and riverine areas). While low subscription depicts grow economy and increase per capita income (more people migrating to the urban area and relocating to big cities).

This is to say that glo is more strong in the village and riverine areas than in big cities and towns.

Sense will not kill me o.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
Glo tops internet subscriber acquisition, of which more than half of its subscribers are wailing. Suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Topsic70: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
Phyde:
Good one Glo with their cheap data plans with bonus.
Which one is that?
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by olarwarleh(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
All these people shouting glo is the best Pls where do you live...their network is slow as fuvk here
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by wanger50(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
Glo has seriously improved their network in the last few days
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by space9880: 12:57am On Aug 06, 2019
please Glo do not have fast internet connectivity only cheap data plans
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Bbdealer(m): 4:27am On Aug 06, 2019
I live less than 50metres from glo office (with their massive mast mounted there) in asaba yet I only get network to browse at night. Ancestors of network
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Awaja(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2019
Very wise Nigerian angry with xenophobia should break his mtn SIM card and replace it GLO.They don’t deserve our patronage.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2019
Awaja:
Very wise Nigerian angry with xenophobia should break his mtn SIM card and replace it GLO.They don’t deserve our patronage.

Ummm, I can't stand the instability of glo. I like something that is efficient and reliable even if it means paying more. Bought a glo sim card didn't even use it for a day because of very slow unreliable browsing. Do I need to change my location? Cos that seems to be the trending thing now.

1 Like

Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Greatzeus(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2019
funmitalks190:
Glo has really done so well over the years. Is it their budget friendly data packages? Or the their fast internet connectivity? Abeg they are too much. Grandmaster!!
Obviously you guys up there are using 4g phones,me I am using 3g oh and Glo isn't it at all in my area unless very late in the night when I get very high download speed. So I had to opt to Airtel and Mtn.
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by muhdelninoo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
I guess I’m in the train bandwagon of data customers that ported to glo, it’s worth the switch hopefully they will keep getting better & better
Re: Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. by Awaja(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
greenhulk:

Ummm, I can't stand the instability of glo. I like something that is efficient and reliable even if it means paying more. Bought a glo sim card didn't even use it for a day because of very slow unreliable browsing. Do I need to change my location? Cos that seems to be the trending thing now.
I think it depends on your location as u’ve rightfully suggests,South Africans attack on Nigerians in there country should meet with cruelty on our side ,MTN is also unreliable in terms of browsing.
Let’s supp our own .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GLO Launches ‘borrow Me Data’ For Subscribers / How To Transfer Credit In MTN Share And Sell, Change PIN / What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.