Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced (659 Views)

Chelsea FC Expressed Interest In Signing Harry Maguire From Manchester United / Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender / OFFICIAL: Every Confirmed 23-man World Cup Squad Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced by dotun4luv(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
Manchester United is delighted to confirm the signing of Harry Maguire from Leicester City.

Harry signs on a six-year contract, with the option to extend for a further year.

The 26-year-old England international joined Leicester in 2017 and has made 76 appearances, scoring five goals.

Harry Maguire in the gym at the Aon Training Complex.
Watch the video to announce Maguire's arrival from Leicester.

Harry Maguire said: “I am delighted to have signed for this great club. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Leicester and would like to thank everyone at the club, and the fans, for their fantastic support over the past two seasons. However, when Manchester United come knocking on your door, it is an incredible opportunity.

”From my conversations with the manager, I am excited about the vision and plans he has for the team. It’s clear to see that Ole is building a team to win trophies. I am now looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and getting the season started.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Harry is one of the best centre-backs in the game today and I am delighted we have secured his signature. He is a great reader of the game and has a strong presence on the pitch, with the ability to remain calm under pressure - coupled with his composure on the ball and a huge presence in both boxes - I can see he will fit well into this group both on and off the pitch.

”He has a great personality and is a fantastic addition to the club.

“I would like to welcome Harry to Manchester United and we are looking forward to working with him as we prepare for the new season.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer shakes hands with new boy Harry Maguire.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has described Harry Maguire as one of the best centre-backs in the game.
United begin the new Premier League season against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Sunday, with kick-off at 16:30 BST. One way to guarantee your seat to this game is with a Matchday VIP Experience.

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/harry-maguire-confirmed-as-man-utd-third-summer-signing

Re: Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced by michealewela: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Great, hope he won't flop this time...
Re: Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced by dotun4luv(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
michealewela:
Great, hope he won't flop this time...
Let's hope so. At least, he has been signed successfully. His combination with Wanbaska could go along way to boost United defending tactics.
Re: Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced by michealewela: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
dotun4luv:

Let's hope so. At least, he has been signed successfully. His combination with Wanbaska could go along way to boost United defending tactics.

We've massively overpaid and he's not a world beater, but I do think he's an improvement over what we have and seems solid in terms of fitness and mentality, not sure we have the right partner to compliment him but we'll see. Decent signing.
Re: Manchester United 3rd Signing: Harry Maguire Announced by dotun4luv(m): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
michealewela:

We've massively overpaid and he's not a world beater, but I do think he's an improvement over what we have and seems solid in terms of fitness and mentality, not sure we have the right partner to compliment him but we'll see. Decent signing.
I think Virgil wasn't as brilliant as he's when Liverpool paid £75m for his signature. The season starts in the next few days. I think that would justify his performance.

(1) (Reply)

Watford 2-2 Arsenal AS IT HAPPENED: Gunners Blow Two-goal Lead At Vicarage Road / which 2 is the best midfielder during their soccer era (Check Image) / (Download Video) Southampton vs Leicester City 0-9 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.