Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In (13872 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / My Terrible Boss And Work Experience. Boss using charm(share Yours) / Drop That Harsh Thing In Your Mind, You Wish You Can Email To A Boss Or Client B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by sylve11: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
sorry o @ op. to be honest, i am tired of working, i just want to go to in to my farming business to ease the kind of stresses the op is experiencing. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by BluePrincee: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
Pvssy:
The last colleague that tried such with me, After visiting Baba and doing my thing. She died in her sleep over the weekend.
i know you are joking shocked cry
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Legendguru: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2019
hmmm
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by dayleke: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2019
ednut1:
nonsense it will keep you tied down to your doom. my friend did this till she was sacked. 5 months later she got a better job in an international firm with bosses that will invite you to drink coffee with them. i told her then to resign she no hear cos of fear of unknown. its better to leave than to be sacked.

Not all situations are the same bro.
Still I understand what you mean.
It's on this same NL a man left his job due to cut in salary and started another job and he's rearing to go back to that same job he left before.
You win some and you lose some.
Apart from the woman who is the sister to one of the bosses, I don't think there's any other problem.

3 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by drezzyx(m): 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
I am sorry i cant work with a woman... Never, except on a temporary basics.

4 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by KevMitnick: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2019
dayleke:
Perseverance and endurance will never fail you.
In a toxic work environment? Yes it wouldn't but it will damage you slowly psychologically.

6 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by KevMitnick: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
Truth is a lot of people do not know the psychological effects of remaining in a bad situation for too long. Your mind is slowly damaged by this individual who is probably in charge of your wages and there is nothing you can do about it. By the time you realize what's happening, you're already finished in the mind. Your spirit is completely broken which can equally affect your physical health. Please if you are in such a situation, weigh your options and decide between your job and your health. The earlier you get out of there the better.

9 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by GGirll: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
I have mean boss too n use prayer,wisdom,perseverance n act like i don't feel it. The reason he does that was to frustrate me n get me worked up n d only way I can frustrate him is to never get angry n that hurts him most. So study her n know how you can make her miserable to leave you alone without creating a scene n being aggressive lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by MikeMoses(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
I am currently in same situation as you are, my immediate senior colleague at work is simply a sadist! He sees me as a threat n have been painting me black n red since I started working here about three years ago. But the good news is that, b4 I was employ, he did that to two other persons which made the management to sack those people thinking they were at fault.
But my coming changed everything, he haven't been able to convince the management to do same to me, becos everyone now knows who he is.
He once accused me of using some diabolical powers.
Meh! when he made that statement "body weak me" because since my existence, I have known the road that leads to any baba-lawo house.
There are many things he has done that time won't allow me pen them down here.

What I do now is to simply ignore him and always be in a happy mode, by doing so, I discovered he is now acting like a mentally unstable man.

I am actually planning to quit the job by first quarter of next year, not because of him though, but to pursue something better.

6 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by mendula(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Female bosses are the worst any non nonsense fellow would wanna work under.. .they behave like the road to happen passes through their door....bunch of ungrateful fellows

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by ednut1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
dayleke:

Not all situations are the same bro.
Still I understand what you mean.
It's on this same NL a man left his job due to cut in salary and started another job and he's rearing to go back to that same job he left before.
You win some and you lose some.
Apart from the woman who is the sister to one of the bosses, I don't think there's any other problem.
fear is the greatest tool people use to hold others down. let the other bosses know or tender your resignation. u will see how dem go begin beg you
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by mabea: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
pocohantas:
You just described my boss.

I dey give am back as e dey hot.

Now he doesn't bring his nonsense to my side. Whenever he is going out of line, I give him another dosage of his medicine.

Mercy is that you?

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by SimDan95(m): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
just give her the cucumber,her body go calm down, she needs good dikking

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why is it always like that with female bosses?
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by babythug(f): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
bokunrawo:
Unemployment is a terrible plague affecting most Nigerian citizens , nevertheless the employed citizens are in face with several issues, basic among them is the problem of a terrible boss or colleague . Let me share my story...

I Declare this thread open

Such a shame and i do feel for your situation.

I worked under such circumstances for five years until i could take it no more. As a matter of fact,my letter of resignation was stained with a few tears as i typed and submitted it.

These are my tips and lessons i learnt from the experience:

1. shes unlikely to change her attitude but you must be responsible for your action and indeed attitude, make sure you constantly exude positivity and a cheerful disposition.
2. Be extremely professional, keep your domestic ish away from the office as best as you can. Do not get familiar with her or any of your other colleagues, no need for pleasntries beyond formal greetings and thats that. The less she and other colleagues know about you, the less ammunition anyone has against you.
3. Do your best to meet and exceed targets and key perfomance areas and indicators! Be seen to be stretching your back. If a report is due on Monday, ensure its ready for submission by Friday afternoon even if you dont hand it in. You may even send it in on sunday so it looks like you
are busting your ass for the organisation even in your spare time.
4. Pray, pray, pray and pray some more. For new and better external opportunities and so that you dont fall into any traps/pits

5. In further reference to no 2 please make sure you're not getting to work late or calling in sick or using company time to attend to domestic matters often!

6. Dont join office cliques, gang ups against her or join in general office gossip. Its never a good idea.

7. always be proactive - anticipate stuff and remain ahead. Little things count.

8. Dress as sharply as you can, even with second hand wears ensure you always look your best! Itll help in boosting your confidence and no one will be quick to talk down at you when your appearance is generally on point

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by babythug(f): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Female bosses are terrible set of people

Not always; one cant adjudge these characteristics to any of the genders, its an individual thing!

I have had the worst work experience from two male bosses!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
Newguyhere:
better quit that job make you carry laptop undecided
Dey there dey suffer yourself.. The internet is the new economy undecided

and by the expression 'carry laptop' please note that I'm not talking about fraud here undecided before one retard starts to rain insults
I have laptop. So tell me what do I do?
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:

Dont worry you will meet me in the office tomorrow angry

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by dionma: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
MikeMoses:
I am currently in same situation as you are, my immediate senior colleague at work is simply a sadist! He sees me as a threat n have been painting me black n red since I started working here about three years ago. But the good news is that, b4 I was employ, he did that to two other persons which made the management to sack those people thinking they were at fault.
But my coming changed everything, he haven't been able to convince the management to do same to me, becos everyone now knows who he is.
He once accused me of using some diabolical powers.
Meh! when he made that statement "body weak me" because since my existence, I have known the road that leads to any baba-lawo house.
There are many things he has done that time won't allow me pen them down here.

What I do now is to simply ignore him and always be in a happy mode, by doing so, I discovered he is now acting like a mentally unstable man.

I am actually planning to quit the job by first quarter of next year, not because of him though, but to pursue something better.

Good advice. Also in similar situation but planning to quit by early next year. May God continue to help us,all.

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by dionma: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
[Bro you are on point. Still gave to work on 3 and 6. quote author=babythug post=80969199]

Such a shame and i do feel for your situation.

I worked under such circumstances for five years until i could take it no more. As a matter of fact,my letter of resignation was stained with a few tears as i typed and submitted it.

These are my tips and lessons i learnt from the experience:

1. shes unlikely to change her attitude but you must be responsible for your action and indeed attitude, make sure you constantly exude positivity and a cheerful disposition.
2. Be extremely professional, keep your domestic ish away from the office as best as you can. Do not get familiar with her or any of your other colleagues, no need for pleasntries beyond formal greetings and thats that. The less she and other colleagues know about you, the less ammunition anyone has against you.
3. Do your best to meet and exceed targets and key perfomance areas and indicators! Be seen to be stretching your back. If a report is due on Monday, ensure its ready for submission by Friday afternoon even if you dont hand it in. You may even send it in on sunday so it looks like you
are busting your ass for the organisation even in your spare time.
4. Pray, pray, pray and pray some more. For new and better external opportunities and so that you dont fall into any traps/pits

5. In further reference to no 2 please make sure you're not getting to work late or calling in sick or using company time to attend to domestic matters often!

6. Dont join office cliques, gang ups against her or join in general office gossip. Its never a good idea.

7. always be proactive - anticipate stuff and remain ahead. Little things count.

8. Dress as sharply as you can, even with second hand wears ensure you always look your best! Itll help in boosting your confidence and no one will be quick to talk down at you when your appearance is generally on point
[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by greatlinda(f): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2019
My boss is exceptional

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by drmikeadams(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2019
comshots:
Why is it always like that with female bosses?

God eventually regreted creating them grin
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
Sorry op, you are working in a basic akara Nigerian company. This cannot happen in a multinational company, they would have summoned that your boss within minutes.
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by mayim(m): 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2019
first question I will ask is this, is the company in your long term plans? do u have bigger plans? if this issue was non existent, would you stay at the company for long? if yes, then you have to stand up to her and if otherwise, start intensifying efforts to leave the company. I am talking from experience, I got this great job with a multinational and my boss was a pain in the backside, he frustrated me to a point I could not take it anymore. he said something so hurtful to me one day and I was depressed over the weekend. On the Monday after, I put my phone in record mode and hid it in the breast pocket of my suit(to save me from possible blackmail) then headed for his office. I called him out and told him he had no right to treat me that way, he could not believe it. to cut the long story short, he turned a new leaf, not to only me but every one in the department. after I had stayed 3 years in the company, a new young boss came and started showing me hell, I was already tired of the job so I simply intensified my job search. I saw the shame and ridicule through his eyes the day I walked into his office to drop my resignation letter. Moral of the story, don't let anyone treat you like trash. she is an employee just like you. if you are tired of the job already, work on how to leave for something better.

8 Likes

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Maestroedem001: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Pvssy:
The last colleague that tried such with me, After visiting Baba and doing my thing. She died in her sleep over the weekend.
Guy are u now the owner of the company? U just fall hands,las las them go visit baba 4u too
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Pvssy: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
Maestroedem001:

Guy are u now the owner of the company? U just fall hands,las las them go visit baba 4u too

Am fortified

Won fi omo Ore bo Ore
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
I can't be with a bully

Ignore her or quit the job.
Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by Gkemz: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Female bosses are terrible set of people

I agree with you. In fact, 85% of female bosses I've managed to encounter or worked with suffer from this. Sometimes i don't blame them because a good number of them are passing through a difficult moment or experiencing menopause, mood swing, emotional instability and disorder combined with family and societal pressure to marry for the single ones. A man might be going through difficult times without showing any sign but unlike a woman who may show it by putting up a cantankerous behavior.

1 Like

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by manny4u(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2019
Four months ago former boss(a lady too) almost drop me into serious depression, one time she even accuse me that I'm the reason why she has not gotten pregnant cos I make her to talk too much, the funny thing is that I've just work with her for less than 8months and she has been married for almost 4years.
God truly rescued me from that lady.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Problem With A Terrible Boss Or Colleague?, Come In by LaurelP(m): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
I don't know why women usually make terrible bosses. They will bring their personal life problems to work, frustrate your life and make you become a bitter frustrated person.

If you are not careful you will break down emotionally and even health wise. I am currently working with one and it's been hell.

I have always worked with men all my life, then one devil touched my boss and he sent me to work with a woman, a mannerless, untrained, uncultured one for that matter.

For the first time in my life I started contemplating resigning from my job. Just pray you don't get a female boss. Your life will never remain the same.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Did Your Company Give For Christmas Essenco. / Understanding The Japa Syndrome And What It Portends For Nigeria / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.