Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Flightsim Aviation Nigeria - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Flightsim Aviation Nigeria (15436 Views)

All Flight Simulator Fans And Aviation Lovers / Aviation Club On Nairaland: Join Here, Free Membership! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
Folarr are you in lagos
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
I also wanna be a pilot but all I need is money
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
Kala04:
I also wanna be a pilot but all I need is money
Exactly cheesy
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mowarin do you know where folarr used to stay
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
folarr:

ATP in Miami, I came back because of the pandemic, I'll try to upload my irl pictures here
I'd love that. cheesy
I need some inspiration. Our country's aviation sector is not encouraging considering the impact of COVID-19. And no Nigerian airline has a 747. sad
I read that Air Peace had placed orders for 3 Boeing 747-8 units but they later deferred them and ordered 3 Boeing 777-300 units instead. cry
I'll need to wait at least a year before I can try any pilot training.
It can cost up to 8million Naira sad
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
It is actually two B777-300 and one B777-200ER
I can't wait for the Embraer 195-E2 coming late September
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
Kala04:
Nonetheless, I think deferring the Boeing 747-8 orders was a smart move tho, not a lot of people travel out of this country a lot.
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
I know
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
@Kala04,
I live in Lagos
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Where and when are you going back
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kala04:
Where and when are you going back
I'm going back in October, but I'll try to still upload screenshots
And also, for your system, I'd recommend my old, amazing sim, FSX.
You can run FSX with a lot of addons on Ultra High graphics like me. If you want, I can send you the sim and get you some payware to get you started, I'm shelving my MSFS2020 until Asobo Studios releases a new service pack (the initial release is very buggy). And about the payware, if you doubt me, just ask Mowarin001
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kala04:
About the 777's,
Air Peace is a very good airline. Moving quickly to cement their place in Nigerian aviation with the purchase of those triples from Emirates. But, 5N-BVE is 22 YEARS OLD!! That is 22 years of service with Emirates, an airline with a very extensive route network. This airframe has probably flown (I'm talking distance wise now, not actual flights) from Dubai to Sydney, over a thousand times. Sure, Emirates has the unprecedented, best maintenance services of any airline that exists today, with at least two highly qualified maintenance personnel aboard every flight, but 22 years? And with Air Peace's plans, probably many more to come. I feel Air Peace's acquisition of the triple-sevens is a bit over hyped

1 Like

Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
Another thing,
Azman Air recently acquired an Airbus A340 that was retired by Virgin Atlantic. Azman do not operate ANY international routes and they bought a 15-year old A340-600, which is the longest variant, to ferry a maximum of 413 people on their Kano-Lagos-Kano route. The phrase "Common sense isn't common again" hops to mind. It has a weird-ass 2 Business class seat configuration, even if I wanted to be noticed, I wouldn't be stupid enough to book this seat. And even though I'm not sure if you can see it, but they didn't even make an effort to remove the Virgin Atlantic name properly. Its getting embarrassing, Nigerian Airlines

Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2020
@folarr

Most of our airlines will buy aircraft 3rd hand!!! Pretty embarrassing.
Only Air Peace has placed order for new 787 Dreamliners.
And as for that A340-600, I actually thought it was in the Virgin Atlantic livery until I gave it a second look. LOL!!!
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2020
New video of my full flight from London Heathrow to Dubai in X-Plane 11 coming tonight. cheesy
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 12:35am On Sep 23, 2020
EMIRATES A380 to Dubai from London Heathrow (LHR-DXB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKgYahpxuo
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Folarr pls where in Lagos do you stay
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Airbus has finally closed its chapter on the A380
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm currently flying a KLM Boeing 777-300ER from St. Maarten, in the Netherland Antilles to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. KLM don't fly this flight direct because, 9 out of 10 times, a fully loaded 777 (or the A330 they operate the route with) wouldn't be able to takeoff from the St. Maarten runway. The only solution (if the plane were to be filled with passengers, as this flight usually is) would be load less fuel (just enough to fly to Amsterdam) and to fly into Paris, the reason being that there might be delays, go-arounds and whatnot at Schiphol, being a very busy airport, and since Paris and Amsterdam are about an hour away from each other, there would still be about an hour of reserve fuel left when the plane touches down at Paris. But, I took a gamble and let GSX load the plane randomly, and lo and behold, I had only 122 passengers to fly to Amsterdam, so GW was down, and so were my V-Speeds. And also Kala04, I can send you my flight sim, if that's what you want.

@Mowarin001,
They had to pull the plug, Emirates, the largest A380 operator, have placed an order for the new Boeing 777X.
The B777X has:
-Longer Range
-Better fuel efficiency
-Faster cruise speed
So, they had to do what they had to do.

Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2020
Yes I would want it
But where do you stay
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 10:20am On Sep 26, 2020
folarr:
Hi guys,
I'm currently flying a KLM Boeing 777-300ER from St. Maarten, in the Netherland Antilles to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. KLM don't fly this flight direct because, 9 out of 10 times, a fully loaded 777 (or the A330 they operate the route with) wouldn't be able to takeoff from the St. Maarten runway. The only solution (if the plane were to be filled with passengers, as this flight usually is) would be load less fuel (just enough to fly to Amsterdam) and to fly into Paris, the reason being that there might be delays, go-arounds and whatnot at Schiphol, being a very busy airport, and since Paris and Amsterdam are about an hour away from each other, there would still be about an hour of reserve fuel left when the plane touches down at Paris. But, I took a gamble and let GSX load the plane randomly, and lo and behold, I had only 122 passengers to fly to Amsterdam, so GW was down, and so were my V-Speeds. And also Kala04, I can send you my flight sim, if that's what you want.

@Mowarin001,
They had to pull the plug, Emirates, the largest A380 operator, have placed an order for the new Boeing 777X.
The B777X has:
-Longer Range
-Better fuel efficiency
-Faster cruise speed
So, they had to do what they had to do.

Hi,

I recently got a Boeing 777-300ER for X-Plane 11 as well. cheesy
I'm still doing some troubleshooting with the navigation systems, LNAV and HDG mode in particular. I must fix them before I put the aircraft into service. wink
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Folarr where do you live and how will I collect the flight simulator
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kala04:
Folarr where do you live and how will I collect the flight simulator
I can send it to you via email and you can download it
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mowarin001:

Hi,

I recently got a Boeing 777-300ER for X-Plane 11 as well. cheesy
I'm still doing some troubleshooting with the navigation systems, LNAV and HDG mode in particular. I must fix them before I put the aircraft into service. wink
What do you mean by 'troubleshooting'
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Mowarin001: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
folarr:

What do you mean by 'troubleshooting'
I've been doing a series of test flights in the 777.

It is in this process I can point out the development flaws and then make the necessary changes so the aircraft can be suitable for fully IFR flying.
Thats what I meant by troubleshooting.

Last week I did a flight from Dubai to Frankfurt with the 777 and then I discovered the problem with the LNAV/GPS. So I've fixed it in X-Plane 11 plane maker and I will do another test flight next week.

I also noticed that there was no realistic wing flex incorporated in this aircraft. So I changed a lot of values in the wing and engine obj files. Now the the wing flex is very visible in flight. Just like the real thing. cheesy
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mowarin please can you send the a380to me
And folarr which flight simulator are you sending
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kala04:
Mowarin please can you send the a380to me
And folarr which flight simulator are you sending
FSX, P3D or X-Plane 10
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Please give me the fsx
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2020
With aircraftsss
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by folarr(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kala04:
With aircraftsss
Sorry for the wait,
I had to crack it and make it a torrent for you.
Your email, sir
Re: Flightsim Aviation Nigeria by Kala04(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Four Tips To Enjoy Football Games / Football Manager 2019 PC Official Thread / ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.