Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (8176 Views)

Top 3 Skills That Can Make You A Millionaire In 2021 / How To Become A Publisher On Opera News Hub. / Kufre Nnah: Meet Millionaire Barber Who Came To Lagos With Only N5000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by bolu96(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
HeliosHay:

N100,000

But some of your other thread, you mentioned 150k. Please clarify.
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
bolu96:

But some of your other thread, you mentioned 150k. Please clarify.

I used to charge N250,000.

Gradually dropped the price to N100k when I came out with the Kindle Publishing blueprint.

That being said, it's subject to demand. If I get overloaded at any point in time I either raise the price or stop taking on students
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by bolu96(m): 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
HeliosHay:

I used to charge N250,000.

Gradually dropped the price to N100k when I came out with the Kindle Publishing blueprint.

That being said, it's subject to demand. If I get overloaded at any point in time I either raise the price or stop taking on students

Okay, thanks.
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2019
10 days into August...have surpassed $4000

Only 10 days into the month of August and my earnings so far have surpassed $4000. Paperback sales and audiobook sales have been blowing up it's insane. Let's see where this momentum leads to

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 11:49am On Aug 11, 2019
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
Previewer tools

eBook
To see how your eBook will look on tablets E-readers, and phones before you publish it, you have two options:

Kindle Previewer - Use this free desktop standalone application as you format your book to make sure it looks as intended. This tool can be downloaded for free online

Online Previewer - Use this tool to do one last check before you publish your eBook on KDP. The tool is on your KDP Bookshelf.
The Online Previewer has the same basic functions as the desktop version but has a different look and fewer filter and display options.

Paperback
After you upload your files, you'll check them with the KDP Print Previewer. This tool checks for errors you need to fix before you can submit your paperback for publication. Print Previewer is on your KDP Bookshelf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by konny1(m): 11:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nice one
Great!!!
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by konny1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
HeliosHay:
Previewer tools

eBook
To see how your eBook will look on tablets E-readers, and phones before you publish it, you have two options:

Kindle Previewer - Use this free desktop standalone application as you format your book to make sure it looks as intended. This tool can be downloaded for free online

Online Previewer - Use this tool to do one last check before you publish your eBook on KDP. The tool is on your KDP Bookshelf.
The Online Previewer has the same basic functions as the desktop version but has a different look and fewer filter and display options.

Paperback
After you upload your files, you'll check them with the KDP Print Previewer. This tool checks for errors you need to fix before you can submit your paperback for publication. Print Previewer is on your KDP Bookshelf.

Can I publish my master degree research work on KDP for a start?
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 12:00am On Aug 12, 2019
konny1:

Can I publish my master degree research work on KDP for a start?

You people seem to think this publishing business is a joke.

How is publishing your master's degree research work going to be a profitable venture?

You can't just publish anything that comes to mind and then HOPE everything works out.

You have to give customers what they want...not what you want, or what you THINK they want. You give them what you know they DEFINITELY want.

How do you do that? Do keyword research for things/topics that are in demand...things you can tell that customers are ALREADY paying for.

That then gives you the confidence to put your resources (i.e. money) behind it.

If you want to publish your research work just to get a feel for how the entire publishing process works then that's understandable...but if you're publishing it and HOPING that it'll magically be profitable...I have to say you're being too optimistic

2 Likes

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
“The (Complete) Formula for Getting Lucky: Preparation (personal growth) + Attitude (belief/mindset) + Opportunity (a good thing coming your way) + Action (doing something about it) = Luck”

― Darren Hardy

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by pkang: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
HeliosHay:

I live in the UK that's why I have a tax ID.

If you want a US tax ID, you'll have to call up the IRS and request one. It might cost you though.

Just a question though. If I call IRS and get my TIN number. Can I use it to register on Amazon as a US resident. Will the 30% reduction waved off?
Also, will there be any implication in my account? Will VPN be used if I register as a US citizen.
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
pkang:

Just a question though. If I call IRS and get my TIN number. Can I use it to register on Amazon as a US resident. Will the 30% reduction waved off?
Also, will there be any implication in my account? Will VPN be used if I register as a US citizen.

If you request a TIN number then you'll be liable to pay tax yourself to the IRS as your name will be on their system.

Yes, the 30% withholding tax will go to zero if you have a valid US TIN

You don't need a VPN if you have a valid TIN
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2019
Up To 50% Flash Sale

In the next 3 days, the below resources will be available for up to 50% off.

Resources
1. Keyword Research Video (Retail Price: N10,000)
2. 10 Profitable Keywords In Self Help Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
3. 10 Profitable Keywords In Computer & Technology Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
4. 10 Profitable Keywords In Cooking, Food & Wine Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)

More information here: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

Discount Offer
1. Mentees get any of the above resources for 50% OFF
2. Owners of the Kindle Blueprint can get any of the above resources for 40% OFF
3. Others can get any of the above resources for 20% OFF

Offer ends 15th August 2019, 11:59 GMT

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2019
Cashflow Management

I can't stress enough how important it is you manage your cashflow. You can be making a ton of money and still go broke if you're not good with this. What do I mean?

For beginners, when you get started with Publishing, Amazon KDP pays on a 60 days cycle meaning that if you earned $100 in August 2019, KDP will pay you this $100 in October ending (not September).

After the first 2 months, you'll be getting paid every month but the 60 days cycle still applies.

ACX (for audiobooks), on the other hand, pays on a 30 days cycle so you get the $100 paid at the end of October.

Therefore, it's important to make sure you have enough money in the bank to take care of running cost e.g. Ads, Hiring ghost writers, freelancers to design cover and format your book etc.

After a few months in this business, you'll get a feel for how much you spend in order to keep your business running. This will allow you to make the necessary adjustments.

Also, when you're investing money, it helps to know when you can expect to get paid.

If you end up running out of money before Amazon pays you, it can spell disaster. So, plan plan plan..and keep to your budget.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
The Power Of Taking Action And Being Accountable To Yourself

I always say that a goal without a deadline is a dream. If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting the same results you've been getting. To see a difference, you need to do something different.

Below is a comparison between my KDP (ebook and paperback) earnings in Feb/Mar and Jul/Aug. As you can see, earnings have increased by roughly 50% in a space of 5 months.

You need to hold yourself accountable for your progress. What are you doing right? do more of it. What are you doing wrong? cut it out and pivot to something else.

The Kindle Blueprint gives you the strategies I use to achieve this kind of return. Execute them well and you'll see a tremendous improvement in your results.

However, if you prefer to keep making the same mistakes that most publishers make (and most aren't even aware of it), that's fine. Everyone has their choice to make - to grow, to remain stagnant or to die.

How will your publishing results look 3 months from today, a year from today? that will depend on the smart choices you make TODAY

It's not enough to work hard, work smart.

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by pkang: 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2019
HeliosHay:

If you request a TIN number then you'll be liable to pay tax yourself to the IRS as your name will be on their system.

Yes, the 30% withholding tax will go to zero if you have a valid US TIN

You don't need a VPN if you have a valid TIN

Sorry for the questions. How do I pay the tax to the IRS, will it be deducted from my Amazon account?
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
pkang:

Sorry for the questions. How do I pay the tax to the IRS, will it be deducted from my Amazon account?

If you're granted a TIN by the IRA chances are you'll have an online tax account with them. When its time to pay, you'll be notified via email, phone etc.

It's not deducted from your Amazon account...you pay it after you've received your payment from Amazon and tax time is due
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by pkang: 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
HeliosHay:

If you're granted a TIN by the IRA chances are you'll have an online tax account with them. When its time to pay, you'll be notified via email, phone etc.

It's not deducted from your Amazon account...you pay it after you've received your payment from Amazon and tax time is due

I Appreciate. But does that mean I will register as a US citizen on Amazon and put the TIN number?
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
pkang:

I Appreciate. But does that mean I will register as a US citizen on Amazon and put the TIN number?

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, that's not something I can expand more on openly as it'll compromise some of the paid information in the Kindle Blueprint. That being said, there's definitely a way to go about it.
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
Up To 50% Flash Sale - ENDS TOMORROW

Until tomorrow, the below resources will be available for up to 50% off.

Resources
3. 10 Profitable Keywords In Computer & Technology Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)

More information here: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

Discount Offer
2. Owners of the Kindle Blueprint can get any of the above resources for 40% OFF

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
New Milestone Achieved

Achieved a new milestone yesterday - 30 consecutive days of selling 20+ paperback units (could be 31 by the end of today)

This has been a major part of the reason my earnings have grown tremendously these past few months.

I remember when I was selling only 1-2 paperback units each day, and sometimes nothing. It was tough but you never give up.

Anything is possible when you commit to the process.

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
Flash sales discount expires in 1 hour

Until midnight today, the below resources will be available for up to 50% off.

Resources

Discount Offer

Mentees pay N5000, Blueprint owners pay N6000, Others pay N8000

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
If you ever dream of scaling up to $1000/month and beyond, doing this will help greatly - thinking in terms of LEVERAGE.

What does that mean?

It means asking the question: how can I maximize my earnings by doing as little as possible?

One way you can achieve this is by having your book in multiple formats: Kindle, Paperback, Audiobook, Hardcover etc.

This gives you 4 different streams of income from just ONE BOOK

Imagine doing this for 10 different books...that's 40 different income-generating assets and all you had to do was spend money creating 10 books!!

In some cases, you don't even need to spend money creating 10 different books. Strategies covered in the Kindle blueprint shows you multiple ways you can utilize leverage to maximise the dollar amount you can potentially earn.

People who have consistently performed over a long period of time aren't just lucky. There's always a method to the madness...

Invest in yourself and build the knowledge you need to become an elite publisher
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Have surpassed $8500 in August with 10 Left Days To Go

The momentum in paperback and audiobook sales have continued into the month of August. Sales have been pretty consistent and, based on the way things are going, I project I'll hit $12,000+ this month (if current daily earnings rate continues).

So far in 2019, my earnings have surpassed $80,000 (N28.8 million)

When I think about the early days back in 2017, I took me 7 months to have my first $1000+ month. Then it took less than 3 months to double that to $2000+. It shows that when you consistently put in the work, in due time you will experience this sort of exponential growth.

Do you want to take your publishing business to the next level? the strategies I use are available for you to take advantage of.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting a different outcome.

If you want results, learn from those who have actually done it (with proof)

Resources

1. The Kindle Blueprint (N20,000)
2. Keyword Research Video (N10,000)
3. 10 Profitable keywords in Self Help niche (N10,000)
4. 10 Profitable keywords in Computer & Technology niche (N10,000)
5. 10 Profitable keywords in the Cooking niche (N10,000)

Owners of the blueprint get 20% off the price of the other resources.

For more information, email Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

Note - I'm currently oversubscribed so not taking on any mentees

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
Breaking Psychological Barriers

As we approach Q4, the month(s) of explosive sales, what are you doing to position your business to profit from it?

Last year, my goal was to achieve a $10,000 month. It was very difficult but I kept at it..guess what? I achieved that feat precisely in November 2018..and repeated it in December 2018 and January 2019.

February and March 2019 were $9000+ each. I returned to $10,000+ in April and since then, I haven't looked back.

What I find fascinating is the fact that throughout the majority of 2018, I saw $10,000 a month as the boogyman...a goal that was too ambitious and slightly out of reach.

Funny thing is, once I achieved it and eventually got used to it, I saw it as the new normal.

It's like running a mile under 4 minutes...no one thought it was possible until Roger Bannister did it on May 6, 1954.

After he achieved that feat, a lot of people all of a sudden changed their mindset and realised running a mile under 4 minutes wasn't impossible after all. A psychological barrier was broken!

Suddenly, a lot of people started running a mile under 4 minutes

As I chase the elusive $20,000 a month, I feel a bit of that pressure...the voices inside my head whispering, doubting etc.

But I know it's not impossible. I've seen others achieve it and if they could do it, why can't I?

We all have the same number of hands/legs/head...and hours in a day.

I will achieve this goal...I know it's only a matter of time.

As you chase your own elusive goals, realise someone has been there before..someone has achieved it and it's not impossible

You just have to keep grinding
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
Historical Earnings From Publishing

KDP has updated my historical earnings dashboard to include July 2019 earnings. Total earnings from ebook and paperback sales alone have exceeded $90,000.

Audiobook royalties (up to August 2019) has exceeded $50,000 (including bounties)

This means that the total I've earned from KDP since I started publishing back in Nov 2016 is over N50million.

This goes to show that anything is possible in this business - if you COMMIT to it.

You don't need to be a yahoo boy to make good money online. If you're willing to work hard, follow a proven and successful process, you'll do fine.

Do you have your copy of the Kindle Blueprint, the keyword research video, the 10 profitable keyword books?

You have all the resources you need to start building your publishing empire.

If this doesn't convince you of the potential of this business I'm not sure what else will.

For enquiries, email Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
Made $11,688.62 in July

So the payment invoice from Audible came in yesterday and I now know exactly what I earned with audiobooks last month. Below is my total (finalized) breakdown for July.

KDP (ebook + Kenp) - $1642.99
Paperback royalty - $5179.31
Audiobook royalty - $4866.48

Total Earnings: $11,688.62 (N4.21 million)

This business is life-changing if you commit yourself to it.

I started a little under 3 years ago and here I am today

There's no excuse not to begin building your publishing empire right this moment. Stop procrastinating. The resources you need to succeed are at your disposal

1. The Kindle Direct Publishing ebook
2. The keyword research video
3. 10 Profitable keywords in self-help niche
4. 10 Profitable keywords in computing & Technology niche
5. 10 Profitable keywords in Cooking niche

For enquiries, email Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
Maximizing your earnings

We all know that in the publishing game, the more income-generating assets you have, the more you can potentially earn.

One way to leverage this is to get your books translated into other popular languages like Spanish, French etc. Every dollar you earn eventually adds up.

That being said, you have to make sure that the translators you work with are ethical.

Why?

Some so-called 'Translators" use google translate to translate your book. Google translate is not always accurate and some publishers have gotten their accounts terminated by Amazon simply because customers complained that the translated versions of the book were crap.

On the other hand, hiring good quality translators can be very expensive and it'll take you a very long time to recoup your investment.

You can try going on upwork and interviewing some freelancers. You can request samples and judge the accuracy of their work. You could also ask them to translate a small piece of work you give them - just to make sure they know what they're doing

In the Kindle Blueprint, I show you a very cost-effective way to translate your book.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can to create more assets and build your income
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
Re: How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon by HeliosHay(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
Story Time

I remember a few months back when I was working on a new book. I had just received the manuscript back from my writer and I was going through it, proofreading, editing and just making things look neat.

It was a very painful and slow process. I thought it would never end

I questioned myself a number of times, asking "Is it really worth it putting this much effort into a book?"

I was encouraged by the fact that I wanted the best version of my book. I wanted the customer to feel that they got so much value from it.

Fast forward a few months and that same book is now consistently making me $1000+ every month!

Not only that, I've received a number of emails from Amazon customers heaping praises on the book.

This goes to show that hard work pays off.

The more value you give customers in your book, the more likely they'll make an effort to leave a review for you when you ask them to. This positive feedback will, in turn, help your book to sell even more, boosting its rank on Amazon.

Never cut corners with regards to quality...I can't emphasise that enough

That book could be THE BOOK that takes your income to the next level.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Civil Servants Expect Kickbacks For Doing Their Normal Jobs? / How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / After Apprenticeship, What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.