Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) (7316 Views)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Is The Job Interview Process Becoming Useless In Nigeria? - Topwritersden / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am opening this thread to raise awareness of the business opportunity that's currently available on Amazon - specifically how to make money online with Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

I’ve been a self-publisher for over 2 years now and I can honestly say it is one of the easiest ways to make money online - especially as a beginner. It will not make you rich overnight but IT CAN MAKE YOU RICH. I've been Self Publishing for a little over 2 years now and I've made over N40 million from it (see proof below)

Prior to doing this, I was working a 9-to-5 job. I was earning a good amount of money but I had no freedom. I searched for ways to make money online and came across two books: The Richest Man In Babylon and Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Reading these books planted a very powerful seed in my mind about the need to build passive income. It made me realize that I would never be free working for someone - I needed to build assets that could do the work for me.

The assets that were immediately obvious to me then were Real Estate. However, I didn't have enough capital as at then so I kept on researching until I came across Kindle Publishing. The idea of having a digital asset on Amazon that keeps earning royalty in perpetuity for me was fascinating

I love this business model because it is very passive. Once your books are written (by you or a ghostwriter you hire), you do not have to do anything again. Amazon will publish it, market it and send you your monthly payments for life.

What's more? Kindle publishing is completely legal, you will use your real names (or a pen name if you wish), no changing of IP address and your money will be sent to you here in Nigeria.

I started this business with $500 from my savings and gradually grew it to the scale it is now. It took me 7 months to have my first $1000 month and since then I've made $10,000 multiple months, having worked with a mentor who helped me scale to more than 40 books.

If you are ready to do the work and get good books into the KDP system, the rewards are truly tremendous. I sleep and wake up to check the number of people that have bought my books in countries I have never been to.

Imagine..
- Earning money from books you wrote years ago
- Not having to rely on pension or money from relatives for your survival
-earning in dollars and spending in naira (the added appreciation in value!)
- Buying a car or building the house of your dream (without taking a mortgage from a bank)
- Contributing to a charity of your choosing or starting a foundation to help the poor
- Quitting your job, living life on your own terms and travelling the world (and still tracking the progress of your business on your laptop)

All these (and more), you can achieve with the power of publishing

THE BASICS OF KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING

Step 1. Register

- Go over to kdp.amazon.com and open an account. This first step is necessary so you can commit yourself to the project.

- Use an email that you open frequently because they will communicate with you.

- Use your real names, real Nigerian address and other relevant details.

- If you're doing this from Nigeria then you'll need a US bank account to receive payment from Amazon. (Amazon doesn't pay directly into Nigerian Bank accounts). You can get a free US Bank account from Payoneer by going here

- Amazon deposits your royalty into your Payoneer account. You can then withdraw the money from your payonner account to your Nigerian Bank account

Step 2. Research

- Research is one of the crucial aspects of success with Kindle Direct Publishing. You need to do accurate research to figure out which keywords are profitable with good demand. This can be seen in the books best sellers rank (BSR). Ever book on Amazon has this. The lower the number the better!
- Once you confirm books in that keyword are selling well, you move to step 3.

Step 3. Write Or Outsource The Content

- Get materials and write quality content for your books. The content must be original or your book will not be published.

- If you don't want to write the book yourself, you can hire writers from Fiverr or Upwork (https://www.upwork.com). Just make sure that the writers you hire are legitimate. Some writers on upwork/fiverr sell you manuscript they wrote for other people, these sort of things can get you in trouble with Amazon

- To help you detect unscrupulous sellers, look at their reviews and profile history. If they have good, relevant and recent reviews from customers saying they did a good job for them thats a good start.

- Looking at their profile history, have they been around for a long time? if so, then thats another good sign (just use your judgement, unscrupulous sellers frequently get their accounts terminated so the longer a seller has been around the more likely he/she is legit)

- You can also contract writing companies to write for you (this option is slightly more expensive but has less hassle and gets you higher quality books). I share the company I personally use with my students.

- Once you have the manuscript, check that it doesn't violate any copyrights (that the writer didn't just copy and paste everything from google). You can use the Copyscape for this (http://www.copyscape.com)

- Also, ensure you proofread properly. Kindle readers will kill you with bad reviews if there are a lot of errors/typos.

Step 4. Design A Cover

- Just check other books in the category you chose and make a similar cover. You can get good covers made for you for as little as $5 on Fiverr.com. You can also design the cover yourself. I share with my students the FREE software I use to design my kindle and paperback covers..I rarely outsource those out these days. If you're the creative type, then $5 saved over numerous books adds up!

Step 5. Format The Book Properly

Formatting is another aspect that can easily mar your work. In fact, some people are offering this service online and they are making a lot of money from it. You need to know the right way to format so the book will work well on different types of mobile devices apart from the Kindle Reader. (hint: you need to learn how to optimize this to maximize your royalties)

Step 6. Write A Good Description

This is self-explanatory. Your description could be two or three paragraphs or more. This is what will represent your sales page so you need to do it well. You need to communicate to the customer why they need to purchase your book and not those of your competitors. This is key. Get it right and you'll sell a LOT of books. (hint - you need to hit customers pain points, you need to overcome objections, you need to emphasize the benefits they'll derive from buying your book etc.)

Step 7. Upload Your Book To KDP

Once your manuscript and book cover is uploaded, you can input your book description, set the price of your book and hit the "publish" button. Your book will then enter a review process where amazon will check to see if it meets their standards (i.e. it doesn't violate any copyright etc.). This process usually takes between 12-72 hours. If it passes the review process, viola your book is now on sale on amazon and you can begin to earn royalties for each unit that sell.

I believe the above information will be enough to get you started

For a complete breakdown of the resources you'll need to succeed in this business, see this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

PROOF OF MY EARNINGS

Why qualifies me to speak authoritatively on this subject matter?

Well, I have attached below screenshots showing my earnings from kindle and paperback sales since I started in November 2016.

They show that I've made more than $75,000 (from ebook, paperback and page reads). In addition, I've also made more than $42,000 from audiobook royalties alone (have sold more than 14,000 audiobooks with each audiobook earning more than $3 on average).

I'm not saying this to brag but rather to show whats possible.

ONE-ON-ONE TRAINING

Feel free to do your own research about this business opportunity and learn as you go. However, for those of you who will like me to personally mentor them as they go through the process of publishing their first book, this mentorship program is for you.

You get me one-on-one, holding your hand, helping you step by step, leaving nothing out, leaving nothing to chance so you can build a six figure a year business that you are proud of and most importantly works!

I will show you everything from how to do keyword research the right way, to hiring quality writers, outsourcing cover or creating covers yourself for FREE, give you the template to writing effective book descriptions etc.

You'll also be added to a secret facebook group consisting of fellow students/mentees. There, you can download pdf documents summarizing the key steps in publishing, as well as, get the opportunity to network with other students.

The video (skype/facebook video calls) aspect of the mentorship program ends after you publish your FIRST book. But you have free access to me (via email, whatsapp etc.) for 6 months. During this period you can ask questions if anything isn't clear to you.

In addition, Mentees get the Kindle Blueprint Ebook (N20,000) and the Keyword Research Video (N10,000) for FREE

BENEFITS:

I will show you how to:

1. Do keyword research and publish books in niches that sell well
2. Hire very high-quality ghostwriters for as little as $0.012 per word
3. Design quality ebook and paperback covers for FREE
4. Dominate niches that are profitable
5. Maximize the royalties you earn from your Kindle and paperback book
6. Increase the number of books you have without paying to get more books written
7. Increase the customer lifetime value of my readers by selling to them over and over again - instead of once
8. Maximize your earnings from page reads - I've earned over $4500 in 2 years from page reads alone
9. Spy on your competitor's books and figure out what keywords they're ranking for (and then rank your book for those same keywords)
10. Run profitable AMS ads to your book (I personally help you set up your campaigns)

most importantly, you have FREE access to me for 6 months after you publish your first book (In that period, you can ask as many questions as you want)

FEE For Mentorship: N100,000 (One time fee)

or

PAYMENT PLAN: N75,000/month for 2 months

REQUIREMENTS FOR MENTORSHIP
1. You need access to a computer (preferably a personal laptop)
2. You need a good internet connection.
3. You need to be highly motivated

ALTERNATIVELY - Get The Kindle Blueprint

If you can't afford mentorship with me, I have a comprehensive book (The Kindle Publishing Blueprint) that details 13 strategies I used to scale up my Kindle publishing business from 0 to $10,000/month within 2 years. I tell you what the strategy is, how it works, why it works and what you need to do to implement it.

You'll also discover the step-by-step details of Audiobook publishing using ACX. It'll show you how to create your account, how to upload your books, how to hire narrators, how to negotiate with them, how to promote your audiobook to help you sell a lot of them, which niches sell well on audiobook format, Which niches do poorly and why etc.

In addition, you also get information regarding other legal ways you can publish audiobooks from Nigeria without paying $300+ to bypass the ACX restriction.

Furthermore, I give you a number of profitable keywords you can get started with as well as niches that do well (and those that don't do well and need to be avoided). You also learn strategies that will help you maximise the ROI you get for every dollar invested into your publishing business

With this book, you have the strategy BUT you do not have me as a mentor (although I can answer any questions you have regarding strategies discussed in the book). Just shoot me an email if anything isn't clear to you.

The book retails at N20,000 (might change in the future)

Shoot me an email if you're interested in either the mentorship or the kindle direct publishing blueprint.

To Your success,

Michael

Email: obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why Is There So Much Money In Audiobooks?

Well, for starters, not a lot of people are currently doing it so competition is VERY LITTLE compared to Kindle/Paperback.

and..

The $75 bounty!

As an incentive for you to promote Amazon's Audible membership program Amazon will pay you $75 bounty - on top of your royalties - if your audiobook is purchased by a new subscriber via your link (provided by acx).

If you are active in promoting the Audible version of your book these bounties can easily end up generating more income than the audiobook royalties themselves! Once the Audible version of your book is published you will be able to send people directly to the Audible version page on Amazon where they will have the option to either get it for free by signing up for the Audible trial or to buy it at full price.

You can easily promote these links:

- On your website
- Within your books
- To your email list etc.

The sky is literally the limit

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
How To Create A Unique Value Proposition (UVP) In Your Books

Your UVP is a clear statement that describes the benefit of your offer, how you solve your customer's needs and what distinguishes you from the competition. Your unique value proposition should appear prominently on your book description page on Amazon.

How do you craft your UVP?

Look at the best selling books in the niche you're planning to enter. Go through their reviews - especially the 1 and 2 star reviews. See what the customers are complaining most about (I usually make a note of all these issues in a word document). Then produce a book that addresses each of the pain points you identified.

Then find a way to make the customers aware of the benefits your book has. Once your book addresses all of the pain points you identified during your research, it shouldn't be difficult for you to come up with a UVP which will allow you to command a much higher price for your books.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
One of the books that changed my life - Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Understanding money takes time to learn. But it is an investment in your skills and knowledge or your educational wealth. The economy is sure to go through several booms and busts and it is your educational wealth that will preserve or increase your wealth throughout these.

The rich buy assets. The poor buy liabilities. Defining these things simple:

Assets – Something that puts money in your pocket. e.g. A rented property, An increasing stockholding, a book that pays you royalties
Liabilities – Something that takes money out your pocket. e.g. A monthly car fee. A house you live in and pay a mortgage, Netflix/Spotify debit.

Rich people accumulate assets which feed their income (Stocks, books, property they rent out etc.). Poor people accumulate liabilities which feed their expenses (property they live in and pay mortgage, car payment, credit card etc.). If people have this flow wrong (buying liabilities instead of assets) having more earning actually exacerbates the problem, rather than solving it.

What prevents people from becoming rich is less often the salary they make, but rather how they spend that salary (on liabilities rather than assets e.g. more cars, credit cards, more expensive shoes, exotic travels, expensive jewellery etc. all to keep up appearance).

The Rich Cycle

Rich people continually build, buy or create assets. This, in turn, feeds their income, which in turn can be used to re-invest in more assets. The first milestone is to try have enough assets to completely offset liabilities. Then you can continue to add more, diversifying your assets and experimenting with riskier investments.

When we ask what is someone’s wealth, we are measuring their revenue-generating assets vs their liabilities. This is the measure of someone’s financial runway; how many months they could survive before their bank account would hit 0. If you have assets way and above your liabilities, you will have a long runway.

The path to complete financial freedom looks like so:

- Earn a salary so that you can cover expenses
- Build assets that generate income (in addition to your salary) that can support expenses
- Over time, add more assets so that eventually all your expenses can be supported by income from assets. At this stage, you can forgo your salary if you want to (leave job, retire, etc).
- Continually re-invest any extra income into assets so that your income continues to grow above and beyond your expenses and liabilities.

As Robert Kiyosaki says

“To me, one of the primary reasons E’s and S’s have difficulty moving to the B and I side is because they are too afraid of making mistakes.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom

After reading that book, I made it a mission to begin accumulating assets by building a massive portfolio of books that continue to pay me royalties. I only put in the effort once to create the book....after that, royalties continue to come

Once the income you earn from your ASSETS (not income from a job) exceed your monthly expenses, you're FINANCIALLY FREE

Make it your mission to accumulate income generating assets

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2019
Traffic Source

They say the world is now a global village and the internet is the village square. If your business doesn't have an online presence, you're leaving a lot of potential exposure (and money) on the table. Having a business website is a must in this digital age. It allows you to connect with customers all over the world - people you otherwise wouldn't have connected with prior to the internet age.

Most online business people who have an online presence complain of not getting enough traffic to their website, Instagram page, Facebook page etc. It's a problem I'm also familiar with and one of the ways I've managed to solve that problem is through an eBook.

What do I mean by that?

Do you know you can leverage the Amazon platform as a free traffic source for your business? yes, you can.

Let's say your business is all about helping people with SEO website optimization. All you have to do is write a short book educating people on the subject of SEO, it's merits and give some tips on how they optimize their website using SEO. At the end of the book, you then present a link directing them to your website, Facebook page, Upwork profile etc. for them to reach out to you should they require your SEO services.

Likewise, if your business is in say, weight loss, make up etc. you tailor the content of your book to suit the services you offer.

After your book is published, you set the price to $0.00 (i.e. FREE) so that you can get as many potential clients to download the book, read it, get to know your business and potentially reach out to you for help.

If you can, use this strategy to take your business to the next level. If you are a freelancer and have a fiverr or upwork profile, all the better as the link can direct clients straight to your profile so they can order a gig.

If you are a real estate agent and you have a free book on real estate, who knows..you just might get a client that'll purchase a house through you. The link in the book will drive clients to your website page.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
What Makes A Good Non-Fiction Cover

1. Capture Your Audience Mentally, Not Emotionally

Nonfiction book covers are different from fiction covers because of one thing: most nonfiction is meant to appeal to the brain, while most fiction is meant to appeal to the heart. So, when you design a nonfiction cover, you want to capture a potential reader intellectually.

How do you do that? Generally, this means a central image—an image of something intriguing, something that makes you stop and think. Then you want to have a solid color for the entire cover. For most business books, the best covers are usually yellow or orange or blue or red. (Just take a look at the business books on Amazon and check out the colours in use!) And finally, the font needs to be bold and simple.

2. Turn To Famous Covers For Inspiration

Following the general rules for nonfiction cover design can help, but the fact of the matter is, there are plenty of sub-genres in the nonfiction category, and each sub-genre has its own ‘thing’. Being different isn’t always great when it comes to cover design, because a cover is meant to draw audiences in. But how can the audience be drawn in if they don’t even know what they are looking at?

Think about the famous books in your sub-genre, whether that is crime, business, self-help, memoir, or any other kind of nonfiction. What are the similarities between those books? What’s the general aesthetic? Try to copy that aesthetic and apply it to your design, and that way you can give your book the ‘look’ of a book in your intended sub-genre.

3. Add A Subtitle to Your Nonfiction Book Title

Another thing you can do to draw readers in is to add a quick subtitle explaining what your book is about. If your book has a one-word title, most of the time that isn’t enough to explain what genre your book is in. By simply adding a subtitle like, “A Real Life Crime Tale”, that’s more than enough to get much more attention.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Some Effective Book Description Headline Templates To Hook Your Readers

Here are some effective headline templates I've found to be effective when trying to hook readers in my book description

FOR NON-FICTION READERS

1: How to (achieve desired results)

"How to" headlines are probably the simplest yet most effective headlines. As readers, we're drawn to headlines that help us to achieve what we want

Example: How to Prevent Tooth Loss

2: (Achieve a desired result) in (time frame)

We all want to do things but we're often overwhelmed where to start. This headline works because it helps readers to take small actionable steps towards their goals. However, whatever advice you give, make sure that your readers can actually implement them in the time given

Example: Lose 7 kg in 30 days

3:Proven: The Most Effective Way to (Achieve Desired Results)

As readers, we're always skeptical of the claims that advertisers make. The word "proven" helps to address doubts and adds credibility. This is because when something is "proven" it implies that it's backed up by research. The words "most effective" also make readers take notice and compel them to continue reading

Example: Proven: The Most Effective Way to Reduce Credit Card Debt

FOR FICTION READERS

1: You should include a catchy tagline to hook readers. A tagline is basically a short catchy sentence that highlights the story of your book. The tagline should compliment the book's title and cover. Think of it as a powerful slogan for your book

Here is an example of a strong tagline:

" The CIA Unleashed Him...Now They Want Him Dead."

As you can see, the tagline uses words such as "unleashed" and "dead" to get your attention. It compels you to keep reading since you're left asking "Why does the CIA want him dead?"

Aim to keep your tagline short, sweet, and impactful.

2: Incorporating an incomplete thought or sentence:

A Marine sniper came to town to drown his demons. But demons fight back...
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
At the end of the day, it's all about visibility.

You can have the best quality book on the whole of Amazon BUT if it's not visible i.e. if your customers can't find your book in the OCEAN of books on Amazon (over 2 million+ books), you won't be successful.

Poor Quality Book + Excellent visibility = Good initial sales (eventually sales will drop due to lots of negative reviews on it)

Poor Quality Book + Poor Visibility = No sales (Why bother? you might as well not have spent anything!)

Good Quality Book + Poor Visibility = Little or No sales (you might make some sales initially due to the boost Amazon give to newly published books, after that your book will start spiralling downwards to no sales land)

Good Quality Book + Excellent Visibility = This is the sweet spot (Get this right and you'll make an ungodly amount of profit!)
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2019
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

This reminds me a lot about humans. Sometimes we have these limiting beliefs:

- It's not possible to make money online
- I can't get rich because I'm from a poor family
- I can't make money because I don't know anything about business

Let me tell you something, Rome wasn't built in a day. A journey of a thousand miles they say starts with a single step. Like the bee, you have to overcome these limiting beliefs inorder to move forward

- That car you're driving today...is someones brain child
- That phone you're using today...is someones brain child (someone conceived the idea and invented it)
- That bag/cloth/shoe you're wearing now is someones brain child (someone made it)

What is your own brain child? what are you bringing to the market place.

There are two kinds of people in this world - those that produce and those that consume

Producers are the entrepreneurs that create stuff while consumers are the 90% of the population that mostly buy stuff created by the entrepreneurs. As a result of this dynamic, consumers exchange their money for the goods the producers created. Any wonder why most (if not all) of the people you see on the Forbes list are entrepreneurs?

Any wonder why 90% of the wealth of the world belongs to less than 10% of the people on earth? it's no coincidence.

Money moves in exchange for value

In order to transition to the producer side you need to create something of value.

If anyone can do it, you can do it. All you need to do is believe in yourself and take action TODAY

If you work hard at it, you can have your first book up on Amazon in the next 2-3 months.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by TechCapon(m): 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
HeliosHay:
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

This reminds me a lot about humans. Sometimes we have these limiting beliefs:

- It's not possible to make money online
- I can't get rich because I'm from a poor family
- I can't make money because I don't know anything about business

Let me tell you something, Rome wasn't built in a day. A journey of a thousand miles they say starts with a single step. Like the bee, you have to overcome these limiting beliefs inorder to move forward

- That car you're driving today...is someones brain child
- That phone you're using today...is someones brain child (someone conceived the idea and invented it)
- That bag/cloth/shoe you're wearing now is someones brain child (someone made it)

What is your own brain child? what are you bringing to the market place.

There are two kinds of people in this world - those that produce and those that consume

Producers are the entrepreneurs that create stuff while consumers are the 90% of the population that mostly buy stuff created by the entrepreneurs. As a result of this dynamic, consumers exchange their money for the goods the producers created. Any wonder why most (if not all) of the people you see on the Forbes list are entrepreneurs?

Any wonder why 90% of the wealth of the world belongs to less than 10% of the people on earth? it's no coincidence.

Money moves in exchange for value

In order to transition to the producer side you need to create something of value.

If anyone can do it, you can do it. All you need to do is believe in yourself and take action TODAY

If you work hard at it, you can have your first book up on Amazon in the next 2-3 months.
nice. I wrote a book but I'm yet to publish it on Amazon
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 12:23am On Aug 08, 2019
TechCapon:
nice. I wrote a book but I'm yet to publish it on Amazon

Congrats..you took action. Keep at it and few years from now who knows, you might be making thousands a month
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by TechCapon(m): 3:08am On Aug 08, 2019
HeliosHay:

Congrats..you took action. Keep at it and few years from now who knows, you might be making thousands a month
thanks You gave great tips but how do I start making sales immediately even if it's just $200 a month. I want to fix the price at $8
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 3:31am On Aug 08, 2019
TechCapon:
thanks You gave great tips but how do I start making sales immediately even if it's just $200 a month. I want to fix the price at $8

If your keyword isn't profitable, there isn't much you can do. Publishing in a profitable keyword with little competition lays the foundation for strong sales.

That being said, you can try playing around with:

- Your book price
- Your book description (has to be compelling) etc.
- Cover design

See what works.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by TechCapon(m): 5:02am On Aug 08, 2019
HeliosHay:

If your keyword isn't profitable, there isn't much you can do. Publishing in a profitable keyword with little competition lays the foundation for strong sales.

That being said, you can try playing around with:

- Your book price
- Your book description (has to be compelling) etc.
- Cover design

See what works.
I've published the book and I also want to publish it in paper back tomorrow. What do you suggest about the keyword. How do I get strong keywords
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
TechCapon:
I've published the book and I also want to publish it in paper back tomorrow. What do you suggest about the keyword. How do I get strong keywords

Once the book is published, there's not much you can do about the keyword. It's like worrying about the integrity of a house foundation when the house has already been built.

In the kindle blueprint and keyword research video, I show you step-by-step, how to find profitable keywords. I also give you free profitable keywords in the blueprint. You can then use those as a reference for your next book to make sure you're giving your book the best chance of doing well and making a return on your investment.

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by TechCapon(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
HeliosHay:

Once the book is published, there's not much you can do about the keyword. It's like worrying about the integrity of a house foundation when the house has already been built.

In the kindle blueprint and keyword research video, I show you step-by-step, how to find profitable keywords. I also give you free profitable keywords in the blueprint. You can then use those as a reference for your next book to make sure you're giving your book the best chance of doing well and making a return on your investment.
great so how can I get this video. Also is it possible to list a book that's already listed on Amazon on another online store or is it against Amazon rules ? You're the expert
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
TechCapon:
great so how can I get this video. Also is it possible to list a book that's already listed on Amazon on another online store or is it against Amazon rules ? You're the expert

Details about the video and other resources can be found here: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

With regards to your second question, it depends. If you enrolled your book in Kindle Select, then you've opted for the kindle version of that book to be exclusive to KDP for the next 3 months. This means you can't publish them elsewhere else you risk getting your account terminated
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2019
Made $11,921.86 in July

So the month of July is finally over and I've gotten my finalized KDP numbers. Unfortunately, my ACX earnings for July is a conservative estimation, I'll have to wait till August month-end when I get the payment invoice from Audible to know my exact numbers...but judging from my royalty rate for June, I suspect I made more in audiobook royalties.

On a good note, I finally surpassed my goal of making $5000+/month in paperback sales alone.

Furthermore, this is my first time earning $11,000+ in 2 consecutive months!

Income Breakdown for July:

KDP (ebook + KENP) = $1638.31
KDP paperback = $5201.55
ACX Audiobook = $5082

Total Earnings = $11,921.86 (N4.3 million)

Goals For August
- Make $10,000/month with KDP ebook and paperback sales alone (went as high as $6839.86 in July)

Yearly 2019 Goal
- Make $20,000/month with my publishing business

Back in January, my yearly goal was a very scary one but as the months have gone by and I'm seeing myself inching closer to it, I'm beginning to believe it's possible. The only difficult bit is being consistent in the number of books I publish every month and doing my best to optimize all of them to perform at their best

How's your publishing going? keep up the good work

2 Likes

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
10 days into August...have surpassed $4000

Only 10 days into the month of August and my earnings so far have surpassed $4000. Paperback sales and audiobook sales have been blowing up it's insane. Let's see where this momentum leads to

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
Previewer tools

eBook
To see how your eBook will look on tablets E-readers, and phones before you publish it, you have two options:

Kindle Previewer - Use this free desktop standalone application as you format your book to make sure it looks as intended. This tool can be downloaded for free online

Online Previewer - Use this tool to do one last check before you publish your eBook on KDP. The tool is on your KDP Bookshelf.
The Online Previewer has the same basic functions as the desktop version but has a different look and fewer filter and display options.

Paperback
After you upload your files, you'll check them with the KDP Print Previewer. This tool checks for errors you need to fix before you can submit your paperback for publication. Print Previewer is on your KDP Bookshelf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by ekesoft(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2019
HeliosHay:
Previewer tools

eBook
To see how your eBook will look on tablets E-readers, and phones before you publish it, you have two options:

Kindle Previewer - Use this free desktop standalone application as you format your book to make sure it looks as intended. This tool can be downloaded for free online

Online Previewer - Use this tool to do one last check before you publish your eBook on KDP. The tool is on your KDP Bookshelf.
The Online Previewer has the same basic functions as the desktop version but has a different look and fewer filter and display options.

Paperback
After you upload your files, you'll check them with the KDP Print Previewer. This tool checks for errors you need to fix before you can submit your paperback for publication. Print Previewer is on your KDP Bookshelf.
How many pages would make a good book.. Asin lowest it can go!
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
ekesoft:

How many pages would make a good book.. Asin lowest it can go!

60+ pages
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by ekesoft(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
HeliosHay:

60+ pages
Can you chat me up on whatsapp.. My number @ bio.... But you can drop urs if you want to!
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
ekesoft:

Can you chat me up on whatsapp.. My number @ bio.... But you can drop urs if you want to!

Sorry bro. I can't. My whatsapp number is private and I don't like giving that out unless I'm very familiar with the person.

If you have any questions just ask..I'll address it here if it's something I can talk about.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by wizardus: 2:56am On Aug 13, 2019
At helioushay
Your post was eye opening...then I thought if it's possible to write articles or something like "how to cure bumps with alum" you know an information like this wuldnt be up to 60 pages like you suggested for a great book for kdp..how would one go about it..Then where is your location sire..
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 3:07am On Aug 13, 2019
wizardus:
At helioushay
Your post was eye opening...then I thought if it's possible to write articles or something like "how to cure bumps with alum" you know an information like this wuldnt be up to 60 pages like you suggested for a great book for kdp..how would one go about it..Then where is your location sire..

If that topic is profitable, then go for it.

I live in the UK
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Up To 50% Flash Sale

In the next 3 days, the below resources will be available for up to 50% off.

Resources
1. Keyword Research Video (Retail Price: N10,000)
2. 10 Profitable Keywords In Self Help Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
3. 10 Profitable Keywords In Computer & Technology Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
4. 10 Profitable Keywords In Cooking, Food & Wine Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)

More information here: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

Discount Offer
1. Mentees get any of the above resources for 50% OFF
2. Owners of the Kindle Blueprint can get any of the above resources for 40% OFF
3. Others can get any of the above resources for 20% OFF

Offer ends 15th August 2019, 11:59 GMT

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
Cashflow Management

I can't stress enough how important it is you manage your cashflow. You can be making a ton of money and still go broke if you're not good with this. What do I mean?

For beginners, when you get started with Publishing, Amazon KDP pays on a 60 days cycle meaning that if you earned $100 in August 2019, KDP will pay you this $100 in October ending (not September).

After the first 2 months, you'll be getting paid every month but the 60 days cycle still applies.

ACX (for audiobooks), on the other hand, pays on a 30 days cycle so you get the $100 paid at the end of October.

Therefore, it's important to make sure you have enough money in the bank to take care of running cost e.g. Ads, Hiring ghost writers, freelancers to design cover and format your book etc.

After a few months in this business, you'll get a feel for how much you spend in order to keep your business running. This will allow you to make the necessary adjustments.

Also, when you're investing money, it helps to know when you can expect to get paid.

If you end up running out of money before Amazon pays you, it can spell disaster. So, plan plan plan..and keep to your budget.
Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
The Power Of Taking Action And Being Accountable To Yourself

I always say that a goal without a deadline is a dream. If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting the same results you've been getting. To see a difference, you need to do something different.

Below is a comparison between my KDP (ebook and paperback) earnings in Feb/Mar and Jul/Aug. As you can see, earnings have increased by roughly 50% in a space of 5 months.

You need to hold yourself accountable for your progress. What are you doing right? do more of it. What are you doing wrong? cut it out and pivot to something else.

The Kindle Blueprint gives you the strategies I use to achieve this kind of return. Execute them well and you'll see a tremendous improvement in your results.

However, if you prefer to keep making the same mistakes that most publishers make (and most aren't even aware of it), that's fine. Everyone has their choice to make - to grow, to remain stagnant or to die.

How will your publishing results look 3 months from today, a year from today? that will depend on the smart choices you make TODAY

It's not enough to work hard, work smart.

Re: Discover How To Become A Millionaire Publisher On Amazon (and Retire The Job) by HeliosHay(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2019
Up To 50% Flash Sale - ENDS TOMORROW

Until tomorrow, the below resources will be available for up to 50% off.

Resources
1. Keyword Research Video (Retail Price: N10,000)
2. 10 Profitable Keywords In Self Help Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
3. 10 Profitable Keywords In Computer & Technology Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)
4. 10 Profitable Keywords In Cooking, Food & Wine Niche (Retail Price: N10,000)

More information here: https://www.nairaland.com/5305184/amazon-self-publishing-resources

Discount Offer
1. Mentees get any of the above resources for 50% OFF
2. Owners of the Kindle Blueprint can get any of the above resources for 40% OFF
3. Others can get any of the above resources for 20% OFF

Offer ends 15th August 2019, 11:59 GMT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2000 Artisans Upskilled In Lagos, Equiped With Modern Tools And Equipment / Longlisted For A Job / Tips For A Successful Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.