Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) (42851 Views)

Photo Collections From Revolution Now Protest Today / Photos Of Agba Jalingo Before His Arrest At Revolution Now Protest / Charly Boy, Eedris Abdulkareem At The 'Revolution Now' Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Yyeske(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2019
I blame the Yorubas on this thread for not understanding the average IPOBian and Buhari hater, they hate anything Buhari, Nigeria, Yoruba, Hausa, APC, Tinubu etc.

If you all can remember some days ago when a picture of Sowore and Kanu shaking hands flooded social media including nairaland, they praised him.

Later Sowore talked about his #revolution now, they were happy that it would bring about the splitting of the country and bring about Biafra.

Sowore was arrested and they were happy too that it would bring about the splitting of the country and condemned Buhari.

They eventually made a U-turn when they felt the protest of Sowore might be nationwide and may outshine that of Kanu, that was when the insults on Sowore and the Yorubas began.

Hard working and peace loving Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and other Nigerians shouldn't be in any way moved by their antics, we know better.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by janykute: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2019
franchasng:
SHUTUP!!!

When Igbos were fighting for their own freedom via IPOB protesting against Buhari's dictatorship and tribalistic leadership some years back, what happened You same Yorubas were jubilating and cheering the Nigerian army to continue killing innocent unarmed IPOB youths who were not carrying any arms or weapon....you lots were busy posting videos and pictures of your army python dancers humiliating unarmed civilians protesting for freedom...and now you expect sympathy or pity or cooperation or whatever from the same people you mocked during their own struggle...you are the foolish, pathetic mor***on here if you don't know.

Again you guys had the opportunity to change the useless, old man's failed government this year, what happened? because of your kinsman Osinbajo and Tinubu's political interest, you blatantly voted the same old man in and even attacked Igbos in Lagos for trying to come out en mass to vote out this same Jihadist you are now pretentiously trying to start a fake revolution against, nansense people!!!

No revolution will work in Nigeria, you can bookmark this page...its a waste of time and energy and resources...if you guys truly want change in Nigeria, then fight for peaceful division of Nigeria into as many regions that wish to form their own nation as possible or at worst, fight for Nigeria to restructure and go back to regional system of government with each region having their own autonomy and government, if not, all these pretentious revolution by a former political thug of the same people in power today won't work.

Sowore is only trying to make himself the most popular young Presidential aspirant come 2023 so that by then, majority of Nigerians will queue behind him and vote for him to become Nigeria's president in the pretest that he led a revolution against Buhari's bad government, but I tell you, the oracle of Bourdillion, the former drug baron cum political godfather known as BAT will rather die than see Sowore snatch away his Southwest political popularity at the moment!

So go and sit down one place!! Wicked, selfish people who only want people to pity them when they are crying but will mock others when they are cryingangry angry

Awesome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by echibuogwu(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2019
Brother first of all I didn’t vote for buhari secondly there has not been any attempt of secession in the US. Why are u just choosing to be ignorant here. I’m an igbo too and I’m just being honest, no gift will tolerate any attempt to secede lightly. This revolution is just a peaceful protest to ginger the govt to do something about the current situation of the country, no reasonable govt will react the way Buhari is reacting now, brutalizing and arresting the protesters.
majamajic:

in UK and USA. that can't happen , don't say any government , u guys voted APC cos they told u to , as if u can't see that in first 4 yrs they didn't do well , so now u think if anyone tells u to enjoy what u guys voted for , is it a wrong statement ?
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by majamajic(m): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2019
echibuogwu:
Brother first of all I didn’t vote for buhari secondly there has not been any attempt of secession in the US. Why are u just choosing to be ignorant here. I’m an igbo too and I’m just being honest, no gift will tolerate any attempt to secede lightly. This revolution is just a peaceful protest to ginger the govt to do something about the current situation of the country, no reasonable govt will react the way Buhari is reacting now, brutalizing and arresting the protesters.

thanks for using the word reasonable ,

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by lexy2014: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2019
spyg1:
She wants to overthrow the government of Buhari. My advice, don't mistake Buhari to Jonathan.

So u mean buhari is so scared of a 70year old who sells fufu, 2d extent that she was brutalised by a policewoman, while another policeman hit her with his footwear.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol,a woman who graduated from oau in engineering, funke opeke owns d largest data cable company in western Africa
This same funke opeke was named as one of the top 50 females in engineering in the world by Forbes alongside another Yoruba
U can find the topic on nairaland
Most of Nigerians working in Twitter graduated from lautech oau
Lautech alone has students working in Google and twitter
I know one working with Microsoft
Go sleep
The only things u guys can brag in is waec rating

Who knows funke opeke...?
..people working in twitter and Microsoft?...you are childish and funny...we are talking of serious people and you are talking about google..Do you know where I work...and I schooled in UNN.

The interesting thing is that you claim you are bigger anf better, we claim we are bigger and better...we want to be on our own you...but you hate to be on your own...That should tell everyone who is truly better and can be independent.

1 Like

Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by bigfish3k: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2019
CrownPrecious:
This is the sad reality

very sad reality. i am pained
i wish we could come together to salvage Nigeria's bad situation

the south should learn when to sheath their sword
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol
Google Facebook twitter amazon Microsoft
These companies are what u call a joke?
I give up

...and you believe its only Yorubas that work there?

Again...The interesting thing is that you claim you are bigger and better, we claim we are bigger and better...we want to be on our own you...but you hate to be on your own...That should tell everyone who is truly better? Deal with it...
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Lol
Oau has wole Soyinka a Nobel laureate, the only one in Nigeria,beat that!
Ui has an alumni who is vice president of world journalist or something like that,I can't remember sha

a VP you can't remember his name... cheesy cheesy
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by bigfish3k: 10:40am On Aug 06, 2019
Yyeske:
I blame the Yorubas on this thread for not understanding the average IPOBian and Buhari hater, they hate anything Buhari, Nigeria, Yoruba, Hausa, APC, Tinubu etc.

If you all can remember some days ago when a picture of Sowore and Kanu shaking hands flooded social media including nairaland, they praised him.

Later Sowore talked about his #revolution now, they were happy that it would bring about the splitting of the country and bring about Biafra.

Sowore was arrested and they were happy too that it would bring about the splitting of the country and condemned Buhari.

They eventually made a U-turn when they felt the protest of Sowore might be nationwide and may outshine that of Kanu, that was when the insults on Sowore and the Yorubas began.

Hard working and peace loving Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and other Nigerians shouldn't be in any way moved by their antics, we know better.
lies written by a unity beggar
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by sogodihno: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2019
Stingman:

May be earth quake would have swept away Ibadan before then...

Earth tremor causes panic in Oyo community ON JUNE 6, 20168:45 AMIN NEWSBY AKINTAYO ERIBAKE FacebookTwitterEmailWhatsAppPinterestShare By Ola Ajayi & Ikenna Asomba Ibadan—RESIDENTS of Saki in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State are now living in palpable fear over what they described as earth tremor that started few weeks ago. Places where the deafening underground vibration are rampant are Medinat, Veterinary and Ogbooro areas of the town.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/earth-tremor-causes-panic-oyo-community/

Tueh! This is the first time am hearing dz, but erosion is synonymous with all ur 5 villages
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Go to Douglas road, Owerri, there you will see your northern brothers and sisters in their hundreds begging day and night like it's their birth right .

Why must aboki people still beg after holding on to power since 1960 till date ?

their begging is a serious nuisance in lekki, Ibadan and so many states

the ones that stand at the mirror like u owe them something
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2019
sogodihno:

Tueh! This is the first time am hearing dz, but erosion is synonymous with all ur 5 villages

You won't know that the entire SW is under the line of earth quake...because the Ibadan-Lagos axis of gossip will not mention it..Just like you know about Evans..but will not now Ade Williams a notorious Yoruba assassin...

I’ve killed over 100 people – Ade Lawyer

Thirty-nine-year old Adeola Williams, popularly known as Ade Lawyer, has confessed to killing over 100 people in the past 10 to 20 years.

Williams was arrested by the Lagos State police few weeks back.

He was the personal assistant to Azeez Adekunle Lawal, the National Union of Road Transport Workers’ chairman in Idumota, Lagos
http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/17/ive-killed-100-people-ade-lawyer/
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:51am On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

I'm sure u were not blind when the list of Nigerians working in apple and twitter came to nairaland
Guess what, Yorubas dominated both list
That's y I laugh when u guys equate waec with intelligence
The only people competing with Yorubas in whole of Africa are only igbos
No other tribes comes close in Africa

The only thing is that the Yorubas gossips a lot with their Ibadan-Lagos press. Where was the census taking to list the Nigerians who work there? You guys are excellent in lies and propaganda..that's why you are always the minister of information...why the Igbos are usually the minister of science and technology...

Igbos had 3 years set back from the war while you guys where going to school...yet we are competing..What did that tell you. ogbeni?
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by HAKYN1: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Please don't mention Ogun because we know they got most of their revenues from Skull mining and harvesting of human parts .

Legit revenue we talking about here ..

Okija should have done better for Anambra
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Comedian2019: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Yoruba and Fulani fight we no go put mouth grin
Don't worry we the northerners are coming for you. Useless ipob youth
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

An average, keyword average Yorubas dont want anything to do with u guys
I'm a Yoruba and im telling uu this
I wish Nigeria would break up
Tinubu is not all of Yorubas
He is one person
It will be dumb equating him to all of Yorubas

Liar..if you wish Nigeria to break up..why are you people the first to beg for python dance? cheesy
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Nathan2016: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2019
Bridget95:
This is the east,people live and thrive there better.

Dont mind those mumu wey no dey commot their region.

They see lagos as heaven.

Not knowing Igbos just come there to make money
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2019
Ikenna0b:

You think any igbo will sympathetic to any shit happening to you lots now? When you guys were jumping and applauding python dance, no where did it cross una mind that Karma is watching. grin grin grin

Continue waiting for Igbo condemnation. Na you go wait tire. Karma is a fucking bitch ain't she?

Enjoy una #next level and sai bubu.
Ntoooooooor!!

Yorubas are not emptily emotional like others. They are sensible enough to know that anyone, even their own, publicly advocating a revolution to overthrow a democratically elected Government deserve what they get when the FG moves against such a person and his fellow agitators.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Kazim88: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Wherever you are from isn't particularly my concern now, is it? I only asked that question because you seem to know the mindset of Igbos and presume to speak on their behalf, so I was wondering if you were their mouthpiece. That's all.

I grew in Lagos around most young guys from south east... I noticed 1 thing from them: the raw desire to succeed against all odds and they do succeed where others complain.
They don't understand politics, they don't have king or leader.

So if I see some losers come here to gloat over sawore ordeal that would add zero naira to their account I know who they are.

And secondly, I just felt like educating us that don't be quick to get angry and generalize. If indeed you really want to hear igbos opinion about any issue enter Igbo populated market like Alaba Intl
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Kazim88: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2019
Stingman:

Liar..if you wish Nigeria to break up..why are you people the first to beg for python dance? cheesy

Who is "you people" ?

When did the "you people" converge and declared a common decision.

The person you quoted is telling you his candid opinion you said he is a liar because of you people.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 11:09am On Aug 06, 2019
Kazim88:

Who is "you people" ?

When did the "you people" converge and declared a common decision.

The person you quoted is telling you his candid opinion you said he is a liar because of you people.

We know una..May be next time there is python dance you will mind your business.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by sogodihno: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2019
Stingman:

[s]You won't know that the entire SW is under the line of earth quake...because the Ibadan-Lagos axis of gossip will not mention it..Just like you know about Evans..but will not now Ade Williams a notorious Yoruba assassin...

I’ve killed over 100 people – Ade Lawyer

Thirty-nine-year old Adeola Williams, popularly known as Ade Lawyer, has confessed to killing over 100 people in the past 10 to 20 years.

Williams was arrested by the Lagos State police few weeks back.

He was the personal assistant to Azeez Adekunle Lawal, the National Union of Road Transport Workers’ chairman in Idumota, Lagos
http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/17/ive-killed-100-people-ade-lawyer/
[/s]

Thrash
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by ElsonMorali: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2019
Kazim88:

I grew in Lagos around most young guys from south east... I noticed 1 thing from them: the raw desire to succeed against all odds and they do succeed where others complain.
They don't understand politics, they don't have king or leader.

So if I see some losers come here to gloat over sawore ordeal that would add zero naira to their account I know who they are.

And secondly, I just felt like educating us that don't be quick to get angry and generalize. If indeed you really want to hear igbos opinion about any issue enter Igbo populated market like Alaba Intl

Like I said earlier bro, there are Igbos on Nairaland. Saying that if we want to know their own opinion we should rather go to some market somewhere is sort of degrading to them.

That you met some easterners in Lagos while growing up doesn't mean you've met majority of them. Even the ones you met how can you vouch for them or who they are or what they are thinking?

One thing about a faceless forum like this is that you my hide your identity for a while but after some time, your true identity will be shown.

I don't need to go to anywhere before I know the mindset of each individual on a particular issue.

The general tenor and tone of the conversation here and on other social platforms is enough to show what and who you are.

And if you're pretending to be from a particular ethnic group while you're not, a simple perusal of your earlier posts will clear the mind.

Drunk men don't lie. The cover of anonymity that Nairaland affords us all allows us to guage what people really have in their minds and what their mindsets are about.
Re: Revolution Now Protest In Osun: Elderly Woman Brutalized By Police (Photo) by Stingman: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2019
sogodihno:
[/s]

Thrash

..but the story of Evans which is engraved in your brain is not thrash?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sporadic Gunshots At Daleko, Isolo Road (Pictures) / I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / Ask Abaribe, Others If You Are Looking For Nnamdi Kanu – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.