Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Babycare Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Babycare Business (443 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Babycare Business by Pojomojo: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
Dear Nigerian businesses, you're are leaving a ton of money on the table just because you have refused to look at your data and try to make sense out of it. I'm not talking about ecommerce companies, I am referring to brick and mortar firms.

Class is in session, let's begin.
will spend a lot of time talking about those in the health sector, especially the pharmacies.

Get your pen and paper and let's get started.

I had my first child 2.8yrs ago. Just like any new parent, I started this long running relationship with pharmacies. About a week after his birth, I bought a set of diapers for age 0-3 months.
The pharmacist took my phone number and signed me up for a loyalty programme.

If I ran that pharmacy, I would have gone the extra mile and collected the parents email. Mind you, this was my first child and I was as blank as a canvas. So any and every help was welcomed.

I would have asked a few more question and set things in motion.

A box of diapers contains about 180 units. Assuming the baby uses 4 pieces per day, this will come down to 45 days. That means, every 40 days, the new parent will get an SMS/email reminder urging them to restock. Trust me, this will be super helpful.

A few days after the first interaction, let’s call it onboarding, I will send the parent an email on “baby care tips” 1) bathing tips and techniques. 2) appropriate sleeping positions and patterns for new born.
3) nutritional aid and guide, this is assuming the baby’s mum isn’t lactating just yet. 4) fabric care tips for babies. Then up sell with infant formula recommendation or any baby care products.

Depending on the time of the year, we will send out tips or how to take care your new born around particular seasons; wet, dry and harmattan. Towards the end of the 3rd month and also depending on the baby’s weight at birth, we will recommend the next diaper size via email and SMS. This could be something like “SELECT * FROM table WHERE baby weight >= 3 AND age > 3” where the first 3 is in KG and the next 3 in months.

Trust me, without proper guidance most new parents don’t know about this. As the baby grows towards the 6th month, we will send she appropriate formulae recommendations, follow that with diaper size and recommend common drugs for infant allergies.If you do your job very well, you will quickly become the parents trusted advisors and go to store for any health and nutrition related issues for their babies.

During this phase, the “night cries” begins and it can be both frustrating and stressful. Providing tips on how new parents can cope with this phase can’t be overemphasized. They will thank for a long time.
Re: Babycare Business by eyefordetails: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bring it on @pojomojo. Im interested
Re: Babycare Business by Pojomojo: 4:42am On Oct 13, 2019
eyefordetails:
Bring it on @pojomojo. Im interested
OK, your mail

China's Richest Man, Jack Ma Steps Down From His $460 Billion Alibaba Company / Access Bank Wahala / NAOMT Endorses Mouka For Quality Delivery And Innovative Production