Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) (729 Views)

How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) / How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) / How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Game With Processing (game Development) by FincoApps(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
In this tutorial, we would be going into game development by creating a simple game using Processing IDE. The game features a bouncing ball with a Paddle to catch the bouncing ball. In order to understand this tutorial, you need to have a basic knowledge of programming, preferably in Java.
For this game development tutorial, you would need to download Processing IDE from Processing Website
Here’s what you are going to be creating

First of all before we begin, I’ll like to say “If you are already a programmer, it’s very normal for your mind to think you cannot go on with a game development project all because it seems too complex”. But for me, the way I overcome such thoughts is I decide to break the project down to steps and just start. If I get stuck in a step, I’ll seek help for that step.
The first step in game development in processsing is to create the skeleton of the game, so open processing and type in following

Java

void setup()
{
}

void draw()
{

}

void setup(){} void draw(){ }

The first method above which is the setup() method is executed once, so basically code that you wish to execute just once should go there. (These are mainly codes that initialize variables or instantiate classes).
The second method which is the draw() method is executed continuously, so code that you wish to execute repeatedly should go here (Basically the visible items or items that are drawn on the screen go here.).
Next step is to s... Read more at https://fincoapps.com/how-to-create-a-simple-game-with-processing/

(1) (Reply)

Want to learn web developing / Fresh USA And Naija Adsense For Sale At Cheap Rate / I Need An E Commerce Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.