Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,320 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller (4283 Views)

REVENGE (an Action Thriller) / RESTLESS - An Action/Romance Thriller / THE AGENTS (action Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 5:25am On Sep 03, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Doubra12(m): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2019
Nice story pls update
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:42am On Sep 10, 2019
Blood Legacy - Episode 16

© Brian Ngoma

Lance woke up to a text from Anderson telling him about the preliminary trial date set by the judge. Lance and his team had three weeks for prep and both attorneys from each side had to trade information they had that was pertinent to proving their client’s cases. After getting done preparing, he called his wife and asked how she was doing with the pregnancy and promised to visit her during the weekend. He also mentioned to her that his cousin Stone was with him for a couple of days. She didn't like the idea because she had never heard of him and where was he this time? Lance attributed her suspicions to the pregnancy but after hanging up the phone, his wife's intuition was always right, he thought. Where was Stone all this time? Yes, he told Lance that he had been moving up and about but where was he exactly?

"So your sister in law was greeting you," he told Stone when they were having breakfast.

"Thanks how's she?" Stone asked.

"Doing great," he cleared his throat. "Nobody knows where you have been, mind telling me?"

Stone looked up at Lance, "I have been everywhere," he laughed shifting in his seat.

"Where exactly?"

"Am i under interrogation my lawyer?" Stone joked.

Lance didn't want to press more lest his cousin think he didn't want him around, "I am just asking. I am glad you're back though. I have to get going now," Lance stood up.

"Big case?"

"Yes. We have a preliminary trial date and this is the crucial time to get some things done. This is the part i hate."

"Do what you got to do cousin. This job suits you. I am thinking of leaving soon."

"What's the hurry?"

"I got to keep moving. That's me, i live a nomadic lifestyle."

"Stay a little bit longer. The house is kinda boring all alone. Stay till the case i am currently handling gets done. We can even visit your sister in law together."

"When is the preliminary trial date?"

"You pay attention," Lance grabbed his brief case and went on. "In three weeks time."

"I can stick around."

"That would be great."

Hunter was bored in the small room. There was a single bed, a small table and tiny wardrobe with a big mirror on it. Since morning, He had been hearing people laughing and talking outside. They were the bricklayers. He felt like he could leave and go find Ben and Devi but where he would even start from? He thought. Perhaps, Ludo would pull something but he was worried about her safety at the same time impressed with how courageous and grown she'd become. She didn't need any protection from him no more that he was sure of. As he kept tossing, there was a knock on the door. He wondered who that could be and got to his feet slowly walking to the window beside the door. He slightly moved the curtain and saw Melanie standing with some parcels in her hands. He looked around and saw three men working carrying some bricks. He opened the door for her and she entered without looking at him. He closed the door behind him and stood motionless looking at her put the things on the bed.

"Ludo sent me," she said handling him a small box.

"What is this?"

"A phone."

"I don't need it."

"Ludo said you would say that. Here is her line, call her at exactly 22 hours today. She mentioned something about having dinner with her boss and could get some information for what you are looking for. This food can last you some days but we'll get you something as the days goes by," She pointed at the parcels.

"I told Ludo i was okay."

"Hunter," she called him without fear. "Ludo is all grown now. She's no longer a girl she was six years ago. She makes her decisions and faces the consequences alone. So if she wants to do something for you, she will do without even consulting you, that's Ludo these days."

Hunter's furrows puckered.

"Promise me one thing though!"

He directly looked into her eyes.

"Don't let her get hurt," with that Melanie was out of the room and left the flat.

Hunter removed the phone from the box and turned it on. He couldn't wait for 22 hrs.

With the preliminary trial date set, Lance and Associates was in full mode work wise. This was one of the important cases Lance had landed and he needed to make waves for his firm. From morning, he was uptight giving and yelling out orders to everyone even Caesar. During the day, Anderson came over and stayed in Lance's office for close to an hour. When he left, Lance was even more upset demanding for paperwork to be done. Ludo didn't want to cross paths with him. She avoided every chance she would get to interact with him. Despite the long day, she was looking forward to one thing, dinner with Caesar. She knew she was using him but she liked him too. He seemed to be a great guy but needed work in the department of conversations especially what to talk about with girls.

She stared at him across the table they had sat listening to what he was saying. He had taken her to Tender & Meat because he had heard her mention she loved meat in one of their conversations. He was eloquent in his words and a charmer. He had done his homework, it seemed.

"Enough about me," he sighed getting uncomfortable with the way she was looking at him. "Tell me about yourself Ludo."

"Well, there isn't much to talk about me. I am just a girl who is trying to figure out her life."

Caesar grinned, "What does that mean?"

"Honestly, it means a lot of things and i don't think i can spill it all out at the moment."

"You are mysterious you know that?"

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No No No, on the contrary i like it."

She let out a giggle she beat herself over it. That was dramatic, she told herself. There was no reason to sell herself that much.

"I love your dress."

"Thank you," she blushed looking away again feeling guilty that this wasn't just a casual hangout.

They had dinner and talked about a ton of things they even lost track of time. Ludo told him she had to go back home otherwise her parents would be worried. Caesar drove her home and when they parked, that's when they talked about Ben and Devi.

"Ben and Devi have been in alterations with the law for the past ten years. They have been accused of crimes such corruption, assault and even murder but they always get away with it. Every time. They are known as contractors, they work for powerful people in governments, business tycoons as well as politicians. They are independent and don't represent no one. They do the job and disappear but they are careless. They always leave trails," Caesar paused. "The last time they were heard from was some three years ago. It was a human trafficking case. They got away with it too but there are people looking for them, an agency of some sort in another town, that's what i was told."

"It's that bad?" Ludo probed.

"And it made me wonder why you're looking for dangerous people like those two."

She faked a laugh, "I am not looking for them. It's just research Caesar."

"I hope that's true."

"So…." she hummed, "Their last known location?"

"Ludo?"

"Trust me. I am nowhere even closer to meeting those people, it's just...."

"Just what?"

"My friend just need closure that's all but if you don't want to give me the address,. I will pass on the message. Thanks for tonight, i had a great time," she leaned forward and pecked him.

She almost opened the door and he held her hand, "I can give you the address but promise me one thing."

She stared at him with a frown on her face.

"Don't get involved in whatever is happening."

"I promise."

"Let me text it to you now," he got his phone and texted her.

"Thanks Caesar," she left the car and stood watching him put the car in reverse and driving out in the night.

As soon as she reached the door, her phone rang and it was Hunter. She got inside the house and found Walutanga watching a cartoon with Joe asleep on the couch while Zamiwe was in the shower.

"How's our Prince today?" she greeted Walutanga.

"Fine Ludo," he responded. "Did you meet Hunter today?"

"No but he's calling," she waved the phone at him, "And i better answer before he gets agitated."

She went directly to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. The phone cut. She called him back and told him about the address. He insisted that she give him but she denied telling him he would have to get better first and she was persistent till he obliged. He seemed like a different Hunter, she thought after talking to him on the phone. He was listening unlike six years ago. She thought it was because the boy's life was in danger.

"Can i enter?" Zamiwe knocked once on Ludo's bedroom door.

"Come in mom."

"So your father told me you came home after work and went back. You didn't wear this dress in the morning, what was the occasion?"

"Work mom and i want to sleep," she laid back. "Do yourself a favor and sleep too."

"I have to wash Walutanga's wounds first. That boy is sweet. I wonder why someone would want him dead."

"Everything will be sorted in due time and the culprits will be dealt with."

"I don't like the sound of that. Don't do anything stupid with that friend of yours. He's dangerous. Let him handle everything on his own."

"Don't worry mom, i will be fine."

"If you say so. Now tell me about your date."

"Mom!" She complained, "I want to sleep."

"I need all the details."

To be continued

Read more Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/blood-legacy
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2019
Mxwwww Caesar or scissors I'm suspecting you ooh this one you are helping Ludo it should be help only ooh nothing attached even rope sef is a no no I want Ludo for Evans or Hunter but...

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
Blood Legacy - Episode 17

© Brian Ngoma

Feeling accomplished over the last three weeks, Mapulanga was on top of it all. He never thought he would ever be this close to becoming chief when he exiled himself with Grace. The last few weeks had been handful for him. Against the wishes of some village members, He went ahead and planned the funerals for his brother and family. There was nothing anyone could have done but just watch and hope for a miracle. He had made himself Chief but it wasn't official because Walu was apparently missing and nobody knew where he was. Mapulanga had theorized to the elders that the boy was dead because the hospital he had been taken to had no records of him. This raised suspicions but no one dared to ask. They were only waiting for the day when some other elders would come to Chisoti village and crown him as chief.

He sat next to his wife he now referred to as Queen with no trace of shame. They were both happy and were really convinced that this was the work of Karma for what happened a long time ago. As they sat, Ben arrived as requested by Mapulanga. He made himself comfortable and sighed.

"It has been three weeks Ben," Mapulanga rested his chin on his palm.

"I know."

"What happened to the boy? You clearly have no idea where he is."

Ben held his anger. If it wasn't for the deal he was trying to close, he would have blasted Mapulanga's brains on the floor. He had been traveling back and forth the last three weeks.

"He disappeared in thin air that i am aware of."

"What are you doing about it? That friend of yours seems to have some things under control but have never seen him the last days."

"He's busy looking for the boy. He has searched everywhere but he just can't seem to locate him."

"This doesn't sit well with all of us. Whoever you're working for needs the land and i need the money and that cannot happen till this village sees the boys body. I am forcing myself on them but i know they have been delaying on making me Chief because they somehow hope that the boy will return."

Ben sat thinking hard like he had been doing the past three weeks. He and Devi and searched the whole city. They had literally turned it upside down but to no avail.

"I sent one of my men last week like i told you. He's an expert and i am sure in three days, i will have great news."

"Perhaps he can work with Devi in the city. Putting their heads together and come up with something."

"What good will that do?" Mapulanga smacked his lips. "The boy has a friend by the name of Hunter, so i heard. I believe he's the one he's hiding with."

"Devi was in a confrontation with that man."

"That Hunter has friends in the city. He had lived in this village for close to five years and where would you think he would go in the city?"

Ben liked where this was going. This fool had some brains, he thought as he listened attentively.

"I don't want to get ahead of all of this but the boy will be dead before the end of this week," Mapulanga assured Ben.

"You're damn sure," Ben smiled. "Well that would be beneficial to all parties," he stood up and said, "I hope you're doing this for the urgency of the situation not what you mentioned last time about adding a K1 million."

Mapulanga didn't say anything. Ben left him and Grace and walked outside where he made a call to Devi. He told him about what he had discussed with Mapulanga and how faded he had started of getting of him. They both agreed that they both overlooked the aspect of Hunter and Walu hiding at one of Hunter's friends. They thought he was wondering in the city with the boy and if that was true, it would have made finding them easier. Ben told Devi that he was traveling back and should find he had a breakthrough. Devi was interested in knowing who Mapulanga had sent but Ben didn't know him too but whoever he was, they both had a feeling that he was an expert.

"Find out who he is before cominqg. If possible get his contacts. I need him, i have a plan," Devi cut the call.

Watching cartoons had become Walutanga's hobby and he was now getting bored of it. His leg was now way much better despite some pains once in a while. He had grown fond of Ludo and her family. They were good people, he thought. They had made him feel at home and bought him some clothes. He had everything he wanted. Well, not everything. He wanted Hunter and had been asking for him pestering Ludo each and every day and she was getting tired of the questions. She had assured him that he was fine but the boy was stubborn. He had one thing on his mind, he wanted to go back to his home and Hunter was definitely going back with him.

"I have some good news," Ludo said putting somethings in her hand bag while Walu was watching a movie early in the morning.

"What is it?" his eyes widened with excitement.

"I think we might see Hunter today."

Walutanga jumped to his feet. He walked to Ludo with disbelief in his eyes.

"Yes, when i come back from work this afternoon, we will go visit Hunter. He misses you too and wants to see you."

Ludo had gone against Hunter's wishes of not allowing the boy to leave the house until he had found Ben and Devi. They had been talking about it the past week everytime they met and Ludo assured him that Ben and Devi's address was nowhere where they were. The address she refused to give him saying he had to be perfectly fit and he was now. He had been exercising day and night and eating healthy thanks to Melanie who made sure she brought him something every week. She didn't want a dead body to be found at her husband's flat.

With Ludo's persuasiveness, Hunter agreed Walutanga to be brought to his hiding place on one condition; that he had to be brought at night. That was the agreement.

On her way to work, Ludo stopped by Manda hill and walked to Nandos where she found Caesar waiting for her. The two had become very close and intimate in the past weeks. They had gone on dates several times and Caesar had invited Ludo to his place but she told him it would have to wait. Caesar was a gentleman about it and was in no rush. His intentions for her were genuine and she knew that but she didn't want to rush things.

"I am sorry i am late," Ludo said as she sat down.

Caesar wasn't bothered. Instead he smiled at her like he did everytime he saw her. She noticed the grin on his face and asked him what that was all about.

"I love this morning dates," he answered. "I look forward to each and every morning."

Ludo stared at him for a while and remembered the days with Evan. It was all rosey like this at first but then he changed. She didn't want to compare Caesar to Evan but he was a man too. She snapped convincing herself that he was different.

"I look forward to them too. Let's eat, i am sure Lance is already at the office waiting for us."

They had their breakfast in perfect peace and once they were done. They went to the office separately, a thing they agreed on. Ludo reached some minutes after Caesar had arrived. She found the two gentleman talking outside. She greeted Lance and concealed a smile towards Caesar.

"What's going on between you two?" Lance asked after ludo had entered the building.

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind. Too many relationships, now Stone seems to be dating Lauren the Secretary and you?" Lance raised his hands. "I'm too busy for this."

Lance had taken full responsibility of the case and had pressure everywhere ; his wife's due date was approaching and she demanded being seen almost everyday which put a toll on him. Another thing that was bothering him was how Stone had become close with his secretary. He didn't want to think about it much because they were both adults the same way Ludo and Caesar were.

He also had to put up with Anderson and Erica. Erica had becoming to the firm once in a while and never looked in Ludo's direction. Lance ensured that each time she came, Ludo was in her office working out on some discrepancies in the case. She saw Erica countless times but never once did she saw Evan. She figured he had met up with her. She only hoped his life was now turning around.

6pm on the dot, Ludo and Walutanga were on a bus to Lusaka West and Walu couldn't wait to get there. On their way, they had passed through shoprite and bought a few things. Whilst in the amidst of people, Ludo thought she saw someone strange staring at them from a distance. She locked eyes with the man but after a second of looking away, he vanished. She thought that as odd and decided to leave the supermarket as fast as possible. Walutanga didn't notice this. On their way to the station, Lauren the Secretary sent her a whatsapp message which contained a pic of her and Stone on a date. Ludo just looked at it and felt everything wrong with Lance, she didn't like him but she never told her friend.

They reached the flat Hunter was taking refugee in and before they entered, Ludo looked around ensuring no one was in sight. It was now dark, she couldn't see anybody on sight. Satisfied, she knocked and Hunter opened the door and let them in. For 30 minutes, Ludo watched and listened to Hunter and Walu chat. Walu told Hunter everything about his stay at Ludo's. Ludo could see the bond the two had and figured it was this reason that Hunter was slowly becoming soft. He had found a friend and was obviously tired of his old life.

After chatting with Walutanga, Hunter turned to Ludo requesting for the address of Ben and Devi. Ludo got her phone and was about to text it to him when they heard approaching footsteps from outside. Ludo thought she had heard them alone but when she looked at Hunter, he had his finger on his mouth motioning them not to say anything. He slowly stood up walking to the window beside the door. He checked outside but he couldn't see anyone at the door. He looked back at Ludo and Walu who were dead scared and holding each other. He stepped forward and heard the knob squealing. There was someone outside and whoever it was, Hunter knew he had to protect Walu and Ludo at all cost.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/blood-legacy

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Stone is the mole Mapulanga sent chai
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Tygold1(f): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
OMG shocked
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
Blood Legacy - Episode 18

© Brian Ngoma

Hunter instructed Ludo and Walu to hide under the bed as he caught a glimpse of outside one more time. He saw nothing again but the squeaky noise at the door was increasing. He slowly reached for it too and pulled the door. The door was also forcefully pushed from outside it widely opened. Standing before Hunter was a tall giant figure of a man staring directly into his eyes. Hunter didn't want to take any chances he threw a punch at the man and Bum, he was knocked down the floor. He pulled him in the room and grabbed his head and struck him with his knee. He then kneed him in the stomach now looking at him clearly.

"I come in peace," the man shouted his hands in the air.

Hunter didn't recognize the man. "Who are you? Identify yourself."

"I am Dumi from Chisoti village!" the man responded with fear in his voice while coughing.

"Dumi!" Walutanga yelled from under the bed.

Hunter heard the bed shaking and knew Walu was coming out. He tried to oppose but it was too late, Walutanga was already out and standing behind Hunter.

"Hello Prince," the stranger said wiping blood on his nose.

"Been long," Walutanga walked round Hunter and the man and knelt.

Before long, Ludo came out too and was puzzled like Hunter. Hunter stood and stepped back from the man and Walu. Ludo stood beside Hunter as they watched Walu help the man stand as he wiped blood on his badly broken nose.

"This is Dumi," said Walu looking at Hunter and Ludo.

Apparently, Dumi was Walutanga's father's errand boy. He would only serve his purpose whenever there were some work which needed special attention to carry out. Hunter was reluctant about the whole thing because he had never seen Dumi the whole four years he had been in Chisoti village.

"Nobody knows where the errand boys are except for the Family of the chief," Walu was ecstatic.

Hunter looked at Ludo and then at Dumi. "Why are you here?"

"I was sent to kill Walutanga."

Ludo quickly jumped in and grabbed Walu's hand and placed him behind her back while Hunter grabbed Dumi again lifting him up and banging his back against the wall.

"Don't!" Walu yelled.

"Didn't you hear what he just said boy?" Hunter shouted angrily.

"I cannot kill him." Dumi directly looked at Hunter in the eyes. "No one among the elders want Mapulanga to become chief."

"My uncle is back," Walu got in front of Ludo. "I told you," he looked at Hunter, "I can now go back."

Dumi was put down by Hunter. He looked at Walu and knew he didn't know anything. "I am sorry Walu."

"What are you talking about?" Walu inquired.

"Your uncle and aunt are the ones who sent me to kill you," Dumi said bluntly.

For a moment, Walu didn't comprehend what Dumi had said. He seemed confused as he looked at Hunter hoping for him to tell him that he had heard wrongly. In his mind, questions rose, why would his only uncle want him dead?

Hunter dreaded this day but he knew it would come. He was equally startled with the whole revelation about Walu's uncle wanting him dead. Could it be that it was Mapulanga who sent Devi and Ben? No, on this he was sure but how did Mapulanga's motive synchronize with that of Ben and Devi?

Seeing how everyone was confused, Dumi told them everything starting from the beginning. He was one of the lucky ones to have known what abomination Mapulanga and Grace had committed. After he was done, The trio were in distraught and out of words.

Walutanga had his face buried in his hands. He wasn't surprised that much with his uncle wanting him dead provided what he had learned now but what traumatized him was the fact that his only sister had been killed too possibly by the same people. Hunter didn't add any salt to the wound by confirming that it was indeed Ben and Devi.

"One of those two people still shows up in the village. He's usually seen with Mapulanga visiting the same land they want to acquire. The elders have figured out that once they secure your safety, perhaps they can have something to prove that your uncle is behind the murder of your family," Dumi said.

"I don't think so," Hunter cut in. "This man, Mapulanga, when did he show up?"

"Three weeks ago, Why?"

"He's not responsible for the fire. He's just a means to an end for Ben and Devi. They sourced him out of his hiding and are just using him. That i am sure of. Ben and Devi are expensive contractors, even though i don't know Mapulanga but i know he cannot afford them."

"What are you saying?" Dumi seemed confused.

"He's saying Walu's uncle had nothing to do with the murders," Ludo joined in. "They were sent by someone more powerful."

"I want to face him," Walu said between sobs.

"No," Ludo objected and tried to console the boy.

"So why are you really here?" Hunter turned to Dumi.

"We have a safe place we can keep Walu until everything phases," Dumi uncomfortably answered.

"That won't be possible," Hunter fiercely said. "The boy stays with me until i take care of Ben and Devi and later his uncle."

Dumi had no words looking at how Hunter looked at him. He felt his legs go numb as he felt those eyes penetrating through his soul.

"You can now leave," Ludo added. "We have everything under control."

Before Dumi could say anything, Hunter stepped towards him. He raised his hands in the air retreating and stepped back.

Walu wanted to say something but Ludo stopped him ensuring him that they had everything under control. Walu was too shocked to even argue.

"Leave now!" Hunter huffed.

Dumi turned around to the door and opened it. Whilst still standing at the door, he said something that the trio didn't hear and when Hunter wanted to turn, he saw Devi making a grand entrance into the room. Damn, how could he have missed that? He cussed under his breath.

"I told you your plan wouldn't work," Devi said looking at Dumi. "You don't negotiate with ex bodyguards," he looked at Hunter.

Hunter's hand's were both clenched into fists looking at Devi with so much contempt but he knew any slight mistake would cost them. He had to think before any impromptu actions. There was no way Devi would show up in front of them without anything under his sleeves. He wasn't stupid, that Hunter knew.

Walu recognized Devi and held on to Ludo. Ludo on the other hand saw a devil in Devi's eyes. Hunter was scary alright but Devi was the Devils advocate.

"Three weeks," Devi sighed. "You two have been handful."

"You just don't know how much have waited for this day," Hunter stepped back beside Ludo and Walu.

Devi laughed. "The feeling is mutual."

"What are we going to do?" Dumi asked closing the door behind him. "The boy has to be killed now!"

"Shut up!" Devi yelled.

"Mapulanga was clear about it. You failed to locate them and i did. Do it now!"

If there was a thing Devi hated, it was being ordered around especially by a primitive man like Dumi. He was aggravated he briskly grabbed a knife from his jacket and turned around in a flash slitting Dumi's throat he fell his hands covering the cut. Dumi's eyes as he fell were filled with terror evidently showing he didn't know who he was dealing with. Devi stomped over Dumi indifferently to him gasping and struggling for his final breathe. The trio looked at the horror before them and knew this was going to be difficult to get out of. Hunter's eyes turned back to Devi as he watched him casually put the knife back in his pocket like nothing had happened.

"I don't like to be pressured and moreover he has served his purpose." he fearlessly stepped towards Hunter. "I am not going to waste any time here. Give me the boy. You and the girl will live."

"You know i cannot do that!" Hunter stepped forward.

"I am not surprised, I knew it would come to this," Devi clenched his fists.

To be continued

Read more episode here - www.youngicee.com/stories/blood-legacy
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 12:44am On Sep 21, 2019
Awwn I trust my Hunter to defend Walu
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Blood Legacy - Episode 19

© Brian Ngoma

Pieces of glass were shattered everywhere in the tiny room and there was a stench of blood. With one hand on the floor and a fist filled with blood, Hunter looked at Devi whose devilish smile didn't fade on his face despite the punches that landed on his face the last 3 minutes. He didn't leave Hunter unpunished as well, he threw in his most heavy blows on Hunter's face that his nose was broken but it couldn't be compared to how his jaw was hanging loose. The smile made it awkward.

Hunter knew he had to take him out for good. He charged and threw one punch which Devi weakly blocked and removed his knife. He swung it across Hunter but he stepped back seeing it pass through his face inches away. Hunter grabbed Devi's hand with the knife and hit it in the joint the knife left his hand and dropped on the floor. Devi wanted to reach for it but Hunter beat him to hit and kicked it under the bed. With his hand held tightly by Hunter, Devi decided to jump on Hunter and poked his eyes. Hunter let go of him whilst his hands were in his eyes. Devi saw an opportunity and sprint kicked Hunter sending him staggering backwards and bumped into the dead Dumi and fell.

Looking up, Hunter saw Devi coming with full force at him. He got on top him and started throwing blow by blow by Hunter covered his face. The same height which worked in his favor last time was the one that acted in his disadvantage now when Hunter got up with and smashed his back on the door he temporarily blacked out.

"Give up Devi," Hunter said breathing heavily and looking back at Ludo and Walu. "Stand up," he told them.

Struggling, Devi wanted to stand up but failed. His whole body was in pain. He managed to grab the knob and pulled himself up.

Meanwhile Ludo and Walu were standing behind Hunter. Ludo grabbed her handbag and her phone.

"This is over Devi!"

"Don't you think i didn't anticipate this?" Devi spat some blood on the floor his hands reaching for the jacket. He removed a taser gun from his pocket. "I brought a taser to a gun fight," he laughed.

Hunter stepped back covering Ludo and Walu. "I wanted to spare your life but i am killing you now Devi."

Hunter charged but was stunned by the taser he went down on his knees. Devi was surprised he didn't go down that easily. He watched him being fried but he was trying to get up till he got immobile and dropped down. Devi then pounded him with his final blow to the head he lay on Dumi's body.

Seeing this, Ludo knew this was bad. She threw her bag towards Devi who acted like it was nothing. Walutanga jumped Devi but he too was thrown against the wall he became enveloped in darkness. Ludo ran towards Devi throwing her hands on him but he got hold of her and directly looked into her eyes outrageously. In an eyeblink, Ludo's eyes turned white she started convulsing Devi let go of her and watched her drop to the ground like a sack. She agitated violently as if with irregular spasms. He had never seen anything like that he was amazed.

"So this is what they call a seizure," he said looking at Ludo.

All three were now down including a dead body. Devi reached for his phone which was badly damaged but was lucky he could make a call.

"It's done," he said.

"Good," said Ben on the other side sounding satisfied. "Now we can go ahead. I am glad this is coming to an end."

"I just want that Naveen off of our backs," Devi said and saw Hunter move. "Wait i will get back to you," he hang up.

Hunter was trying to get up when Devi grabbed a table and smashed him on the back he completely blacked out.

Zamiwe and Joe were worried sick trying to get hold of Ludo but she wasn't picking up. They didn't know where she had gone except that she left with Walu to go buy some things. They waited the whole night till the following day and there was no sign of Ludo. Joe called the police.

Hunter opened his eyes and saw the Dead Dumi with his eyes wide open. He felt his head ache like he had been run by a train. He then remembered what had happened and quickly got up but Ludo and Walu were not in the room. There was only one slipper, handbag and Ludo's phone just below the bed. He feared the worst. He picked Ludo's phone and directly went to the messages under Caesar's name and browsed down to the address He had sent Ludo.

Police sirens from the distance could be heard. Hunter knew he was implicated. He grabbed Ludo's bag and got his aswell and left the room. It was still early in the morning there was no one on sight he managed to leave the plot undetected. He called Melanie telling her what happened and that there was a body at her flat. He assured her he had nothing with it and would explain everything later. Melanie was speechless thinking about what had happened to her friend. He didn't let her say anything and cut the line.

Hunter kept thinking about one name; Naveen. He was damn sure he heard Devi say it before he was completely wiped out. He knew there was someone more powerful behind Ben and Devi but he never thought it could be Naveen. They had crossed paths a while back countless times. His focus was on finding Devi and Ben but he had to wait till night time.

Nightfall, Hunter found his way to the address he had found in Ludo's phone. On his way, Joe had non stop called on Ludo's phone. He didn't have anything to tell him because he well knew that Joe didn't like him. He put the phone on silent till it went off due to low power.

Reaching the place, Hunter observed it from a distance hoping to see any car coming or leaving but there was no activity for an hour he had been there. He finally decided to go in. He carefully went round the wall fence and ensured no one was looking at him. He jumped to the edge and peeped inside the yard but there was no one in sight but a car parked. The place looked deserted. He pulled himself up and jumped into the yard.

He tiptoed to the car park and grabbed a spanner. He looked around and there was a door in the park that obviously led to the house. He put down the bags he had carried. He went to the door and tried to pull it but it didn't badge. As he was trying to pull it, something passed behind him quickly such that when he turned he just saw a shadow disappearing. Startled, he stood in a stance ready for anything thrown at him. Was Devi playing tricks with him? He asked himself as he found his way out of the park.

He decided to go to the main door. He figured since Devi didn't kill him, he at least knew sooner or later he would be followed. He went to the door and to his surprise, the door was unlocked. He entered feeling uneasy because this was turning to be way too easy. Something didn't add up, Hunter was well sure about that.

As he entered the house, there was only one room that had its light on and it seemed to be the living room. He heard distinct voices as he headed for the living room but when he got there, there was nothing. Something caught his attention on the bar though. There was an opened bottle of whiskey and one filled glass cup. This made him agitated because he didn't like to be played with.

Someone ran past him behind. He turned around but there was no one. Turning back to face the table, he Devi jump at him and kicked him on the face he fell into the next dark room. The spanner was on the floor. He wanted to pick it but his hand was stepped on by Devi.

"Enough," Hunter angrily yelled and grabbed Devi's leg lifting him up and threw him against the wall.

To Hunter's bewilderment, Devi quickly stood up like he hadn't just hit the wall. Hunter grabbed the spanner from the floor and stared at him. He couldn't see him but from the little light perpetrating the room, he saw a grin on his face. This devil.

Devi ran charged throwing his foremans against Hunter who cleverly ducked them and swung the spanner at him. Devi blocked the spanner with his hand and quickly elbowed Hunter in the face he dropped the spanner. He grabbed Hunter and pulled him to smash him with his head but Hunter responded fast by pushing him away. While Devi staggered backwards, Hunter jumped at him with a punch which landed on his face he hit the wall with a thud.

"Help!" Ludo screamed in another room.

With urgency, Hunter charged towards Devi who was down but as soon as he got nearer, he was kicked on the knee he dropped to his knees. Devi quickly left the room. Hunter got up and ran towards where Ludo's voice was coming from. He broke the door and found her tied on a chair. He untied her and helped her up.

"Did they do something to you?" he asked her.

"No but Walu," she answered shakily.

"What happened to him?"

"I don't know. I just woke up here tied on the chair. I didn't find him."

"Are you sure they didn't do anything to you."

She took a moment to answer, "Yes i am sure," she answered assured.

Hunter heard the car's engine start outside. That must be Devi. He left Ludo and ran as fast as he could. As he got outside, he found the car leaving driving out of the fence. He ran towards it and tried to dive on the roofing but slipped and fell on the ground. He watched it skid out of the yard and drove off.

"Damn," he hit the ground in frustration.

To be continued

Read more episodes - www.youngicee.com/blood-legacy
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 11:22pm On Sep 22, 2019
Hmmmm Hunter please don't break my trust ooh
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by izaray(f): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
DivineSpecial:
Hmmmm Hunter please don't break my trust ooh
As in enh! I'm so disappointed at Hunter, not when i thought have met another Henry already!

Thanks for the update Oyin

1 Like

Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Blood Legacy - Episode 20

© Brian Ngoma

Ludo walked out of the house and found Hunter standing at the gate confused. She ran to where he was. He looked at her and told her to wait for him. She watched him go back to the house. After some minutes he came back looking even more confused. She didn't want to say anything yet. He left her again and went to the car park and came back with her handbag and his bag.

"How did you find me?" she asked as they started walking out of the yard.

"Your phone," he pointed at her handbag.

It then dawned on her that her parents must have been calling her. She quickly searched her bag and removed the phone but it was off.

"I overheard them talking about taking the boy back to the village," she sighed.

"I am going back there."

She didn't say anything. They walked to the taxi rank and got a cab. Hunter wanted to make sure that Ludo had reached home safely. They reached Ludo's place. Whilst in the car, Hunter felt something was not right. He got out of the car and told Ludo to stay. He looked around but he couldn't clearly see. Satisfied, he told her to come out. He walked her to the gate.

"So you are leaving tonight?" she asked him.

"Yes. Before they do anything to him. I am sure Mapulanga wants to do the work himself.," Hunter turned around.

"Be careful!"

He walked back to the car and when he wanted to open the front door, lights shone at him. He heard voices shouting angrily. The lights were too bright to see the people behind them.

"Don't move!"

"Shit!" he cussed knowing that it was the police.

"Stay where you are, put your hands in the air."

There was no freaking way he was going to the prison. Not now, not ever. The taxi driver locked the doors scared. Hunter stood motionless thinking about what to do. He looked in Ludo's direction and saw her being pulled into the yard by Joe. She was resisting screaming his name but Joe was strong. At least she was now safe, Hunter thought. He needed to get away.

Two officers were closing in on him. He could hear their voices behind him. Because of the lights, it was difficult to have a clear view of the surrounding. The officers reached where he was and took him down. They cuffed him and stood him up. He wasn't even told why he was being arrested but he knew. It was because of the body found at Melanie's husband flat.

They led him to a police car and the lights were now deemed. He could now see properly. The officers had two cars and they were six in total. He was pushed into the car and locked in. He saw two officers go to Ludo's gate and Joe came out. He watched them talk while Joe didn't look in his direction. Busy with his hands, he was trying to get out of the cuffs before the other officers returned.

Inside Ludo's house, Ludo was arguing with her mother trying to get back outside. She tried to convince her mother that Hunter had nothing to do with the body found at Melanie's flat. Zamiwe didn't believe her. She argued that her daughter was only protecting her friend.

"What happened to Walu?" Zamiwe asked concerned.

"Walu is in danger and you having Hunter arrested has only made it worse!" Ludo shouted.

"That man is dangerous. Your father warned you about him."

"He saved our lives."

"I don't care. Your safety comes first."

Ludo sprinted to the door but was held by her mother. They started the pulling and pushing tag of war at the door. Zamiwe overpowered her and pushed her away.

"What's wrong with you!" she shouted. "What has happened to your head? If he is innocent, you're a lawyer, you know how the system works."

"No," Ludo got up.

She ran towards her mother again and tried to get her out of the way. Whilst they were struggling with each other, they heard gunshots outside and both froze. They looked in each others eyes frightened. Who had been shot? They both ran outside and found Joe laying down. As soon as he saw them, he yelled at them to get down. A few gunshots were fired one more time.

"What's happening!" Ludo asked Joe while she laid on the ground.

"It's Hunter, he has beaten up officers and made a run for it. I am sure he has been shot."

Without a care, Ludo was on her feet and ran towards the police cars and found the officers who were beaten on the ground crying like little children. The officers grabbed her and pulled her away from the scene. She looked around trying to see if Hunter was anywhere near but she couldn't.

"That bastard has escaped," One officer angrily yelled. "I am sure i shot him."

Ludo was worried sick. What if he had been shot? He could be running bleeding and would bleed to death. She was taken back to her parents.

"We are coming tomorrow morning to question you," the officer told Ludo. "Keep an eye on her," he looked at Joe.

Ludo and her parents got in the house and ensured they had locked all doors. Ludo directly went to her bedroom and locked herself in. She put her phone on charger and impatiently waited for it to switch on. It did. She found missed calls from Caesar, Melanie, Lance and her parents. She ignored them and tried getting hold of Hunter but his phone was off. She was worried even more.

Her phone rang, it was Lance. "Good evening sir," she answered.

"Where have you been Ludo? You had us worried."

"I am fine sir. What can i do for you?"

"The preliminary trial is on Monday. I hope you haven't forgotten."

Ludo had lost track of days and the case. She was fortunate it was Saturday and the case was on Monday but she felt like sitting it out. She had a lot on her plate but she knew she couldn't tell Lance.

"I haven't forgotten sir." She cleared her throat.

"Okay see you on monday then and Call Caesar, he's concerned about you."

"I will do that sir."

There was a knock at her bedroom door. It was her parents. She told them she was tired and didn't want to talk to them. They insisted she open the door for them but she refused. They couldn't do anything but let her be, at least for the night. They would ask her questions the following morning.

Ludo tried Hunter's phone again but it wasn't going through. She instead called Caesar and assured him she was fine. From how he talked, she knew he was dead worried about her. She then talked to Melanie who told her about the arrest. It was her father Joe and Melanie's husband who went to the police and reported the incidence at the flat. She didn't blame them, they were worried and didn't know Hunter like she did. Ludo also told her about his escape.

"So where could he have gone to?" Melanie asked.

"I don't know and i think he's hurt," Ludo answered warily. "It's all my fault Melanie. This could have ended three weeks ago but i insisted he waited. Now there is a body and they think he killed the man. I can testify for him but I'm worried about him."

"He's a big man. He will be fine if he hasn't being shot. Let's just hope for that."

The two women said goodnight to each other. Ludo took a shower and immediately went to bed. She couldn't help but wonder where Hunter was and in what state of health he was. She didn't even realize that she had slept till she was awoken the following morning by some noise in the other room.

She got out of bed and went to the kitchen. When passing, she found her parents sited on different chairs in the living room. She ignored them. Whilst in the kitchen, Zamiwe called her.

"So you're living here now?" Ludo asked as she sat down.

"Respect," Joe said.

"I am just asking," she rolled her eyes. "Don't i have a right to know?"

"You don't like me being here?" Zamiwe asked.

"Don't get me wrong. I would just appreciate if you two stopped lying to me."

Joe and Zamiwe were embarrassed but they couldn't show it. Like every parent, they flipped it on her. They cleverly changed the topic and Ludo noticed how nervous they had become.

"Where did he take you?" Joe asked.

"Hunter took me no where. I was kidnapped but would you know."

Joe and Zamiwes faces were covered in shock.

"Yes i could have been dead by now. That man you had arrested or killed saved my life."

Before they could say anything, there was some breaking NEWS on the screen.

BUSINESS TYCOON AND FOUNDER OF TRIPLE E GROUP OF COMPANIES MR. NALISHUWA HAMUUMBU HAS DIED IN PRISON AT THE AGE OF 71.

"What the hell is happening?" Ludo stood up.

Her phone rang and it was Lance again. "Sir did you see that?"

"Reason I'm calling you. I heard from Erica an hour ago. She couldn't even speak properly. She also don't know what happened but said they found him dead. She told me he was sick."

"What about the case?"

"She said it goes forward."

"But the preliminary trial is tomorrow. Can't we at least wait?"

"She refused."

"Something doesn't add up sir."

"I also don't know. The old man is gone."

Ludo left her parents and went to her bedroom. She tried getting hold of Hunter again but his phone was still off.

"Where are you Hunter?"

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/blood-legacy
Re: BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller by DivineSpecial(f): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
Na fake Hamuumbu can't die is part of the plan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inspiring Letter To Fela Durotoye By A 14 Year Old Nigerian Girl / The Chronicles Of A Boarding House Student / The Literature Section Person Of The Year Award 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.