Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM (590 Views)

FX Crisis: Ban Crypto In Nigeria. EFCC, CBN Should Move Against Them - Onanuga / FG Bars Online Banks From Accessing Customers’ Photos, Contacts / 5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by TipsMint: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
This afternoon, something bad happened to a friend of mine which is due to the fault of sterling Bank, when he naratted this to me, I belive this could happen to me one day..... So I decided to share this on nairaland, we need to fight together and prevent this from happening again, see what my friend tweeted.

This afternoon I went to the atm @Sterling_Bankng oke ado branch to withdraw. I got the cash and immediately boarded a bike from there to mokola. On paying for the trip, I was astounded when the bike man harassed me for giving him fake currency, then claimed to be a police officer And threatened to turn me in. I just got the money from the ATM so I never would have imagined that a bank machine would dispense counterfeit naira notes. I was able to calm him down after I explained to him that it was at the bank ATM he picked me from that I withdrew the 2k out of which I gave him 1k.

He took me back to the @Sterling_Bankng branch, I went in to complain to the lady at the customer care desk who then directed me to a man sitting beside the teller. The man demanded for proof that I withdrew from @Sterling_Bankng oke-ado branch and I showed him the debit alert via text and online, the man then gave the #fake cash to a man behind the counter who confirmed that the money was fake.

Eventually, I was refunded without any apology.
@cenbank please help ensure that banks do not load fake notes in their ATMs.I would have been in big trouble today if not because the bike man was reasonable.

Assuming he had another money to give to the bike man and he didn't check the money, he would have gotten into trouble somewhere else, this might happen to you tomorrow, so let's fight against this together.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by TipsMint: 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
See his tweets below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by TipsMint: 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by bitcoinmama(f): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
So many banks are doing the thing. Is a staf that shld be doing it.
In a bulk money they slip out one original and slip in one fake. Usually done wit 1k note.
In 2010 I withdrew 1k from Gtbank and it was fake money. But as I was not having any cash, I had to spenr it at night ooo

1 Like

Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by TipsMint: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
bitcoinmama:
So many banks are doing the thing. Is a staf that shld be doing it.
In a bulk money they slip out one original and slip in one fake. Usually done wit 1k note.
In 2010 I withdrew 1k from Gtbank and it was fake money. But as I was not having any cash, I had to spenr it at night ooo

Imagine, this need to stop
Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by kyrianbest: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
very bad
Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by TipsMint: 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
kyrianbest:
very bad

Exactly, the mod should help push this to front page, we need to create enough awareness.
Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by Kendumazy(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2019
Imagine
Re: CBN Should Ban Banks From Loading Fake Currency Into The ATM by sylve11: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2019
lol. have encountered this nonsense over 5 times. we cry day and night for bad governance, but imagine what the followers are doing. grin cool

(1) (Reply)

J / Why Some Websites Don't Help Businesses In Nigeria / How To Make Money From Watching Big Brother Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.