Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:43 AM

When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper (6321 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial Gyrations Fail To Inspire By Punch Editorial Board / Buhari Lays ‘booby Traps’ For Incoming Government; By Punch Editorial Board / Femi Fani-Kayode Cartoon Image By Punch Reposted By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Ventura1: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
In 2014, a former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu says there is a need for the country to undergo a revolution.

Tinubu, who is a national leader of the All Progressives Congress said the many years of misrule by successive Peoples Democratic Party presidents had continued to sink the country further into crisis.

The former governor said this in a statement titled ‘A Return to Decency’, on Monday.

He described the 16 years of PDP rule at the federal level as a period of steady decline into disaster. He said, “The longer they rule, the less benefit the people derive.

Meanwhile, Punch Newspaper have deleted the page http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-calls-for-revolution/ where the story was published (Maybe they forget the print will still be available)

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Ventura1: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Unfortunately or fortunately, PUNCH deleted the story to covers Tinubu track

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by hisexcellency34: 9:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hypocrites

17 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by LibertyRep: 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
Could it be GEJ was actually weak or he was just being democratic?

The baboon and dog soaked in the blood statement should have earned someone a detention

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Laserman: 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Straight to front page!

2 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
Shame on Punch... it goes to show, our media houses are for the highest bidders..

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by LegendHero(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
What is the problem of you Igbos with Tinubu?

Let me summarize the Newspaper for the readers:

Tinubu called for a common sense revolution!

He also went further to say the common sense revolution is a call to return to decency, probity, transparency of process and fairness in outcome.

He also went further to say Nigeria should be ready for change, we must rescue it from those set to cause it irreparable harm.

Although the newspaper you uploaded might be blur but mere thorough reading will show you what he meant by common sense revolution which is totally different from a bloody revolution.

Nigeria situation is political, which explains the fact why Igbos do not join in the protest during the Jonathan government because they are benefiting from it even with the fact that hundreds are dying daily due to Boko haram then during Jonathan era.

This same analogy explains why the likes of Tinubu will never join in the protest of Buhari government because it is their government and they are part of it.

It’s common sense you Igbos need to understand that the political class are united in making sure this country remain impoverished either PDP or APC.

People with functioning eyes should check the clear image of the newspaper uploaded by the OP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by BabaO2: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
It is nauseating how people are relating issues that are not related to curry unnecessary sympathy. Tinubu and Buhari had protest march for electorates votes to be counted and for change of government from PDP through democratic means.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by KevMitnick: 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
Punch is only trying to stay relevant, please don't blame them. These politicians are a bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by judgementyard(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Our politians are all hypocrites, sorry almost all .
They forget that the internet never forgets undecided

1 Like

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by KevMitnick: 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2019
BabaO2:
It is nauseating how people are relating issues that are not related to curry unnecessary sympathy. Tinubu and Buhari had protest march for electorates votes to be counted and for change of government from PDP through democratic means.
Is it any different from what Sowore is trying to achieve? Why won't buhari allow him exercise his right?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Samunique(m): 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tinubu's greed is insatiable !!!

He's one of the greediest polithiefians that have ever lived this our planet !!!

Hypocritical Ole !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by BabaO2: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
KevMitnick:

Is it any different from what Sowore is trying to achieve? Why won't buhari allow him exercise his right?
it is different oga, he too could have done that before the election, not until winner has already emerged

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lagos-Ibadan express newspaper.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by mrvitalis(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
LegendHero:

He also went further to say the common sense revolution is a call to return to decency, probity, transparency of process and fairness in outcome.

He also went further to say Nigeria should be ready for change, we must rescue it from those set to cause it irreparable harm.

Although the newspaper you uploaded might be blur but mere thorough reading will show you what he meant by common sense revolution which is totally different from a bloody revolution.

Nigeria situation is political, which explains the fact why Igbos do not join in the protest during the Jonathan government because they are benefiting from it even with the fact that hundreds are dying daily due to Boko haram then during Jonathan era.

This same analogy explains why the likes of Tinubu will never join in the protest of Buhari government because it is their government and they are part of it.

It’s common sense you Igbos need to understand that the political class are united in making sure this country remain impoverished either PDP or APC.

People with functioning eyes should check the clear image of the newspaper uploaded by the OP.
Sowore called for revolution protest

The key word u people are shouting about is revolution now u want to shift the goal post

Calling for the president to resign or step aside is no crime or is it ?

Why do u want to turn common sense upside down

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by TGM2015: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
You may be wrong. Firstly the revolution called by Tinubu is through constitutional means that is voting out the PDP led government. This is different from Sowore revolution call, which is overthrowing the Government of the day. I am sure Falana only read their demands but have not listened to some interviews with Sowore and videos released by him. The main agenda of Sowore protest is to sent Buhari government packing, the question now is how and by what means? In one of the Sowore videos, he said "... what they don't know is by August 6, there will be no DSS". Possibly, that may be what led to his arrest as he was arrested early morning of the day after that very video went viral online.

Secondly, PDP also call for same revolution in build up to 2019 elections and theirs was also through voting out APC and restructuring Nigeria political system and resources administration/control. Apart from Atiku, has PDP released any statement on Sowore arrest because I am not aware of any?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by mrvitalis(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
BabaO2:
What u just said now what is the difference between it and sowores demand

U want to swear with ur kids u actually believe sowore want to force buhari out of office ?

2 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by LegendHero(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Sowore called for revolution protest

The key word u people are shouting about is revolution now u want to shift the goal post

Calling for the president to resign or step aside is no crime or is it ?

Why do u want to turn common sense upside down

First of all I support Sowore but his revolution call is not totally well planned out which explains why it failed from inception.

Can you in actual sense tell me what exactly is the main point for the revolution? He laid out no clear path, no consultation, he just woke up one day and declared revolution with just two weeks lead time.

He’s taking about telling a president to vacate his seat in a democratic settings, that’s actually not a good thing to say and he of all people should know the government won’t just sit down and watch that kind of uprising.

Tinubu called for a common sense revolution by trying to tell people to go out and vote for change based on the newspaper the OP uploaded. He never said they will forcefully take the seat from Jonathan, rather he is trying to create an awareness for an ideological change which later let to the ousting of Jonathan through the ballot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Realdeals(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2019
I think I remember Sowore calling for a social Revolution, all the #RevolutionNow demands are to fix social ills.

1 Like

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by mrvitalis(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
LegendHero:

First of all I support Sowore but his revolution call is not totally well planned out which explains why it failed from inception.

Can you in actual sense tell me what exactly is the main point for the revolution? He laid out no clear path, no consultation, he just woke up one day and declared revolution with just two weeks lead time.

He’s taking about telling a president to vacate his seat in a democratic settings, that’s actually not a good thing to say and he of all people should know the government won’t just sit down and watch that kind of uprising.

Tinubu called for a common sense revolution by trying to tell people to go out and vote for change based on the newspaper the OP uploaded. He never said they will forcefully take the seat from Jonathan, rather he is trying to create an awareness for an ideological change which later let to the ousting of Jonathan through the ballot.
I dont care about sowore and his failed call for revolution

All im saying is the federal government is wrong to arrest him and trying to stop the protest is wrong ...this is democracy

6 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by sapele914(m): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
Realdeals:
I think I remember Sowore calling for a social Revolution, all the #RevolutionNow demands are to fix social ills.
Hypocrite antics,Charity they say begins at home, he should have targeted state governors and local government officials before going after the FG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by LegendHero(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

All im saying is the federal government is wrong to arrest him and trying to stop the protest is wrong ...this is democracy

Seconded, they do not have the right to arrest him honestly in a democracy. But all revolution usually starts like this, he will come out stronger, my only regret is that the youth he is fighting for are still sleeping and he is just fighting for people that do not deserve it.

He should probably give people a reason to fight, lay out one clear reason for the protest, give the protest a theme which everyone can relate to, then maybe people will join the cause.

2 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by sapele914(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Go and ask the Yellow umbrella abi na yellow jacket protesters what Hong Kong Government did to them on behalf of China,no be only democrazy.
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by sapele914(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Seconded, they do not have the right to arrest him honestly in a democracy. But all revolution usually starts like this, he will come out stronger, my only regret is that the youth he is fighting for are still sleeping and he is just fighting for people that do not deserve it.

He should probably give people a reason to fight, lay out one clear reason for the protest, give the protest a theme which everyone can relate to, then maybe people will join the cause.

He is not fighting for anyone,just chasing shadows,there are 3 tiers of Government in our democrazy,why only the Federal Government?
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by LegendHero(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
sapele914:
He is not fighting for anyone,just chasing shadows.
That’s my point, Sowore is not serious about this.

He laid no clear path and people don’t even know what they are revolting against which made me ask these questions:

Is the revolution for Yoruba alone? If yes how many states joined across southwest?

Is the revolution for the southern Nigeria alone? If so how many joined across the states in the SW, SE, and SS?

Is the revolution for the whole Nigeria? If so, how many states joined across Nigeria?

A revolutionary icon that can’t muster at least 500 people on day 1 is a joke coz he should have planned it out well and give people enough time to understand his manifesto but no he just woke up one day and declared revolution with just 2 weeks lead time.
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by mrvitalis(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
sapele914:
Go and ask the Yellow umbrella abi na yellow jacket protesters what Hong Kong Government did to them on behalf of China,no be only democrazy.
China is a one party dictator ship ...black list PDP na since u wanna to copy china

See tge examples u are giving ...what did trump do to the anti trump protest

And even the hong kong protest what did china do

U guys keep showing ur through color

U were in opposition and one day u would end up there too ur deeds is what would be remmebered when u complain

3 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by BrutusOj(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
LibertyRep:
Could it be GEJ was actually weak or he was just being democratic?

The baboon and dog soaked in the blood statement should have eraned someone a detention
Goodluck made me feel South south are just loud but not as hard hearted like most of us thought. GEJ' weakness led us to this era of a tyrant.
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by mrvitalis(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
LegendHero:

He is not fighting for any youth ...his demands are foolish to start with , he is not objective but its his right and those who believe him to protest
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by jlinkd78(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
Shame on Punch newspapers
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by BabaO2: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

What u just said now what is the difference between it and sowores demand

U want to swear with ur kids u actually believe sowore want to force buhari out of office ?
u can swear with your children, born and unborn and your destiny that sowore's intention is not to forcefully terminate Buhari's reign as the president of Nigeria.
Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 07, 2019
LegendHero:

I wanted to call you a very useless Yoruba Nematode but then I realised I will fall into the same quagmire as you!

If I may ask, on what evidence did you base your judgement that the OP must be an Igbo Man that you had to mention Igbo 3 times? Did an Igbo man steal your property? What proof do you have that the OP is an Igbo man? Or you think its only Igbos that do not have a liking for the Alausa bastarrd called Tinubu? Una go just open dirty mouth dey yarn opata.

Bia be careful. Nwanne bere ebere oo. Uche gi diya dia.

6 Likes

Re: When Tinubu Calls For Revolution - Page Deleted By Punch Newspaper by superlightning: 12:15am On Aug 07, 2019
LegendHero:

You tried in futility to exonerate tinubu, indict igbos and dilute the while issue.

Snakey cowardice

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Receives Niger Delta Ministry 2020 Budget / *Nairaland Poll Obaseki (like) Ize Iyamu (share) Voting Continues Click please / Breaking! Misfortune Befall Asari Dokubo After Insulting Peter OBI- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.