Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Is Honda Really Bad? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Honda Really Bad? (4093 Views)

Is Honda Accord 2008 A Good Car For Uber/bolt? / How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
I wanna get a car. Honda is on my mind but I have heard and seen terrible things with this brand. My budget is below 1m.

Despite Honda cars having cool designs. I hear things I am afraid of..... Like this legwork issue it always gets involved in. Whenever there is a car causing traffic with its tyre bent or broken from its Hinges..... It's always a Honda car.

Please can someone tell me if this is something normal to only one model or if Honda is a No no especially for uber business and all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by seanfer(m): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Mention the Honda Model and year you want to get.
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by tyup(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
MisterKings:
I wanna get a car. Honda is on my mind but I have heard and seen terrible things with this brand. My budget is below 1m.

Despite Honda cars having cool designs. I hear things I am afraid of..... Like this legwork issue it always gets involved in. Whenever there is a car causing traffic with its tyre bent or broken from its Hinges..... It's always a Honda car.

Please can someone tell me if this is something normal to only one model or if Honda is a No no especially for uber business and all.

Honda for Uber?

well my advice for you is if you'd get an Honda for Uber business try getting a good Mechanic friend to that would at least lower price of services with your frequent coming

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Temidayo9(m): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2019
If you really like Honda, then go for Honda Civic. No issue with its arm pull off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by nurey(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
MisterKings:

When you are talking about the top 5 most reliable car model in the world since 1990 when I say world not Asia or Europe or America or Africa I mean the world in general if Honda Accord or Honda Civic no dey there just know the world has ended.

I was in planet pluto for Aliens summit last week grin and the Martians were discussing with me on how to power there space capsule with Honda J35 engines. When you hear Honda others always take a bow. grin

10 Likes

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by dicksonadams(m): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
Get am Honda Civic, you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by weyreypey: 3:01am On Aug 07, 2019
nurey:

When you are talking about the top 5 most reliable car model in the world since 1990 when I say world not Asia or Europe or America or Africa I mean the world in general if Honda Accord or Honda Civic no dey there just know the world has ended.

I was in planet pluto for Aliens summit last week grin and the Martians were discussing with me on how to power there space capsule with Honda J35 engines. When you hear Honda others always take a bow. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2019
LOL una do well with una responses. But I am not bent on getting a Honda....I just feel Honda is kinda cool. If you have any advise on the best kind of car I can use to hustle, that can be 800k or less wey no go chop petrol and make me everlasting customer to my mechanic. Please share....

Thanks guys
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by ogawisdom(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2019
Don't waste your money

Get yourself a Toyota n have rest of mind either Camry or Corolla.

But if u insist then u are free to learn from your experience wink

@ misterkings

2 Likes

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
ogawisdom:
Don't waste your money

@ misterkings

Thanks bro, abeg be like say na Toyota jare
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by dicksonadams(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
ogawisdom:
Don't waste your money

@ misterkings

The Honda that gave people bad experiences were the ones that use to pull leg, Honda accord 2000-2005

Honda Civic do not have that issue, with good maintenance you want have any problem, and you can save as much as 500k in price difference on good tokunbo (Honda 1.3m vs corolla 1.8m) 2005 Civic and corolla average price

Resale are similar in term of value lost (-500k
.. Civic resale 700k vs corrola 1.1m or so).

Part are cheaper for Civic, high supply low demand

Part are expensive /moderate for corrola, high supply and high demand.

Theft is higher on corrola, you fit park Civic for oshodi under bridge market go iyana Paja go sleep grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Kokomo: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
Only the wise knows....money saving moves to sure cool

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
dicksonadams:

The Honda that gave people bad experiences were the ones that use to pull leg, Honda accord 2000-2005

Honda Civic do not have that issue, with good maintenance you want have any problem, and you can save as much as 500k in price difference on good tokunbo (Honda 1.3m vs corolla 1.8m) 2005 Civic and corolla average price

Resale are similar in term of value lost (-500k
.. Civic resale 700k vs corrola 1.1m or so).

Part are cheaper for Civic, high supply low demand

Part are expensive /moderate for corrola, high supply and high demand.

Theft is higher on corrola, you fit park Civic for oshodi under bridge market go iyana Paja go sleep grin

LOL grin grin grin So they go see car and they no go thief am cos na Honda
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Jamesbally: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
MisterKings:
LOL una do well with una responses. But I am not bent on getting a Honda....I just feel Honda is kinda cool. If you have any advise on the best kind of car I can use to hustle, that can be 800k or less wey no go chop petrol and make me everlasting customer to my mechanic. Please share....

Thanks guys

Oga, if you no wan buy Honda, buy any brand of your choice. You are complaining about Honda while millions of Nigerians are buying it daily.

If you go to the North, out of every 10 Cars you see on the Road, 5 will be Honda. And you hardly see them broken down on the highways or Mechanics workshops. If the brand is not reliable, you won't see a large number of Honda lovers in that part of the Country.

It's like the Mechanics in the North have a better understanding of the Honda.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by tigerclaws: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

Oga, if you no wan buy Honda, buy any brand of your choice. You are complaining about Honda while millions of Nigerians are buying it daily.

If you go to the North, out of every 10 Cars you see on the Road, 5 will be Honda. And you hardly see them broken down on the highways or Mechanics workshops. If the brand is not reliable, you won't see a large number of Honda lovers in that part of the Country.

[/s]
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by naijadrivablog: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Temidayo9:
If you really like Honda, then go for Honda Civic. No issue with its arm pull off.

I owned a Civic and I attest to this. Though newer models of Accords (2016-date) do not have the ball joint issue.

@OP, View our blog to read about Honda "leg" issues.
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by foolbuster: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
MisterKings:

With your budget i am assuming 2004 and below models.
Honda cars are not bad. They are extremely reliable. There is a reason they are popular. Forget that leg pull nonsense that most ignorant folks blab about, it is a big fat lie. If you ignore the warning signs on any vehicle long enough, the leg will eventually pull, it does not matter the brand.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by weyreypey: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
foolbuster:

With your budget i am assuming 2004 and below models.
Honda cars are not bad. They are extremely reliable. There is a reason they are popular. Forget that leg pull nonsense that most ignorant folks blab about, it is a big fat lie. If you ignore the warning signs on any vehicle long enough, the leg will eventually pull, it does not matter the brand.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by adisaaowala: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
Jamesbally:

It's also arguable that it is so because the roads in the north are way better than what obtains in other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Triniti(m): 2:24am On Aug 08, 2019
adisaaowala:

It's also arguable that it is so because the roads in the north are way better than what obtains in other parts of the country.
That’s a very big lie. All the roads in Nigeria are in shambles, North & South. I just came back from a trip to Minna, 8 out of ten cars that will
Pass you by must be a Honda, says a lot about a car we despise down south. We just wallow in ignorance while they are cruising and enjoying their Hondas

4 Likes

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:26am On Aug 08, 2019
naijadrivablog:

I owned a Civic and I attest to this. Though newer models of Accords (2016-date) do not have the ball joint issue.

@OP, View our blog to read about Honda "leg" issues.
Not 2016, the issue was resolved from 2010 and above. If you get an accord 2010, you can relax. My wife drives an accord 2010, 2 years now, it has never broken down. The car is madly reliable except the legs for the earlier versions.
Meanwhile my own 2006 which I refuse to change because it's fast doesn't pull leg too, its Europe spec. If you can get this Accord 2006 Europe spec (picture of my car below) you won't have issues with leg.
A lot of people mistake the car for Civic or City but its accord.

2 Likes

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:50am On Aug 08, 2019
MisterKings:

And if you think the problem is only applicable to Hondas, I'll advice you to take a look at those pictures carefully.
The keyword is maintenance! Not totally the brand.

2 Likes

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:51am On Aug 08, 2019
And...

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by seanfer(m): 6:33am On Aug 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Not 2016, the issue was resolved from 2010 and above. If you get an accord 2010, you can relax. My wife drives an accord 2010, 2 years now, it has never broken down. The car is madly reliable except the legs for the earlier versions.
Meanwhile my own 2006 which I refuse to change because it's fast doesn't pull leg too, its Europe spec. If you can get this Accord 2006 Europe spec (picture of my car below) you won't have issues with leg.

Please like how much one can get this European Accord here in Nigeria?
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 8:00am On Aug 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

And if you think the problem is only applicable to Hondas, I'll advice you to take a look at those pictures carefully.

WOW I no know this one o
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by MisterKings(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Wow thanks for this info
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by weyreypey: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Delete Mercedes Benz from the list.
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by GMbuharii: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2019
Jamesbally:

Mallam

grin
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2019
seanfer:

Please like how much one can get this European Accord here in Nigeria?
I bought mine for 1m 2 years ago. But I saw some posts on Jiji that claimed they want to sell for 800k or so.
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Jamesbally: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2019
GMbuharii:

Mallam

grin

cheesy

Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by tigerclaws: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

cheesy
[/s]
Re: Is Honda Really Bad? by Mayor555(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
@Misterkings, don't be deceived, Honda is a very reliable car... Better in design, power, and reliability.. ..in this life, I've used 6 different Hondas, by God's grace, none has pulled leg on me..... If you're buying an accord, always buy a good Ball joint not Chinese knockoffs, that's the point people miss it.
Check your Ball joint every year after buying the original, you won't have any issue.
Honda makes the best engines(this is verifiable).

For uber, I recommend 03-05 civic because of the very low fuel consumption..... You'll be grateful.
Civic has same suspension configuration like that of corolla.

Be wise and buy Honda civic for uber.
No fear of sudden disappearance of car or it's parts....
Be wise.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

................ / Review Of The 2012 Mazda Cx 9 / Suzuki Mini Buses For Sale. Call: 0809-281-2289

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.