Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

#RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters (21649 Views)

They Have A Case With The Magistrate Not Me: Police PPRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Hajo Sarki-Bello Appointed As Supreme Court's New Chief Registrar / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by 9jabull: 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
They always intimidate the judicial process, court granted bail but they refuses to accept bail perfection bond, upon that they committed no offence.
The protest should continue
#FreeSowore.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by sogodihno: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
Cue4rm:
So it was even the ibos that championed the whole shit? Yes, I said it, yorabas are lily livered, dem never chop that kind mind. After all afonja was a coward.

But i thought u said it is a Yoruba protest, how come omo-ibo joined the protest?

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by samtiyelov1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Why? Bubu why?
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Omolomo4eva(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
CHIEF REGISTRAR,YO FADA!I REPEAT AM,YO FADA
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by sayaya101(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
aku626:
We getting there, may be someday he’d be hailed a hero of democracy.
or hero of stupidity with a potato head
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by oglalasioux(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
post=81013773:

Don't bet with your life young man.
Wishing another person's dead is the last bet you will want to take..It boomerang 99.999% of the time.
Atleast pity momsie now!

You've been advice.
Take care!

I'll keep this post. I know what it means.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by luluman: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Cue4rm:
So it was even the ibos that championed the whole shit? Yes, I said it, yorabas are lily livered, dem never chop that kind mind. After all afonja was a coward.
How many mouth do you have please? Where did you read anywhere that yeebos championed protest? Must yeebos always foolishly claim every credit ? from building another man land, to developing business in Nigeria & now championing Sowore's protest when you already said its Yoruba's protest. Una no get small shame?

3 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
realstars:
One thing i like Nigeria is that, the government do help the trouble to grow from the little beginning to international affair, by fighting with common issues instead of discursing the issues and solving problems before it generate to war.

I smell war,
I smell real war
Not politically, but war in Nigeria.
Pray hard that you are safe.

Really? War will not happen, even when the military was doing worse did we war?
Not to talk of nowadays wey be say many no get sense, all we care about na money.
Very few people love 9ja passionately, weed need to change our mindset.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by googi: 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
midolian:
But wait o! I thought some people called this a yeloba muslim revolution...Did Kenechuckwu miss his way?

Anyways, have a nice time in Kirikiri, Kenechukwu. I hope there is a reliable person monitoring your goods(in the shop) for you in your absence.

These types of Igbo hardly come out because they will be persecuted by other Igbo.

Do not forget that Nzeogwu a man that could have been a national hero to Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and the majority that are hardly acknowledged, the so called minorities. They found a find a way to betray Nzeogwu and the coup collapsed.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by shegra58: 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
beardedboy:

Oga blogger, Sowore didn't say he was organizing a protest. He said he was organizing a revolution. There's nothing like a peaceful revolution.
This was done during Jonathan era and organised by APC leaders including nobody was arrested

democracy has gone in Nigeria the day Jonathan leave Aso Villa

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by beardedboy(m): 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
But bro,be truthful plz,do you like this country as it is now? Don't you think we need to hold our leaders accountable ? Lets forget pdp and apc or politics... Politicians are just not doing the right thing.. They know most youths in this country are cowards and can't stand up for their right,that's why the country is like this.. If truely this country will work,people need come out and talk ..

I don't like the country as it is. But my orientation is a bottom up approach.

Everyone should rectify himself first.

We can't have a good leader because there's almost no good person amongst us. Our leaders are only a mirror of who we are. Are all those politicians not citizens like you and I?

Everyone in this country is corrupt and sinister except a few. It's only the opportunity and access people have to public funds that varies. So everyone is stealing according to the amount he has access to.

Wait, let's assume that we successfully oust PMB and PYO from ASO Rock, who will be our president?

Sowore? Or Atiku? Nnamdi Kanu? Or who else?
Are those not elites, are they not all siphoning public funds?

My point is that no amount of hard reset can fix Nigeria because the corruption is now our culture. Until we fight this cultures of corruption we'll only be dancing on a spot.

3 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by magzey: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
Better for them, they say the picking wet deny his mama sound sleep him too no go sleep.Mumu revolutioners it serve them better..rote in kiri Kiri

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by DameB(f): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2019
deepwater:
In the glaring eye of the crowd.....
this guy went like that

FEAR FACTOR!!!
this is how it works, arrest as much as you can, deny them bail send them to prison.
if your arrest 100 persons randomly and send them to kiri kiri
that way you have send the messages to 100 streets directly in LAGOS state, by extension 3 LGA / just saying.
imagine in another planned protest the people of kenechukwu would use him as a reference point to caution their wards.
that is the plan, put fear for there body.
u see this 2023 ehn, buhari go complete am.
we die here

grin grin grin @ we die here
But this is so unfair, what do they mean by breach of public peace? Is the noise from power generating set not worse....
Where's the freedom associated with democracy.. Bubu is just using millitary style to rule.. Instill fear and not listen to voice of reason
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by baddosky1: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2019
oglalasioux:

Buhari is not relinquishing power in 2023. He won't be alive and see another person rule Nigeria.

post=81013734:

Really?

God pls forgive him, for he doesn't know what he wish and pray for may come on top of his head in 6 months
Thank you for your forgiveness unto your son dear Lord.

Shebi you see how dumb headed you are?
The guy did not wish Buhari dead...he was only saying that as long as buhari is alive, he will not want to see another person become president which will make him hold on to power and probably seek a third term!

Stop eating that human meat you grill and sell to people because it is twisting your brain like your lord and master in Aso rock but you no go hear!

4 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by baddosky1: 12:06am On Aug 07, 2019
The protesters pleaded not guilty and were granted bail in sum of N100,000 with two sureties each. But the magistrate has been instructed not to sign the bail conditions. The bail conditions of one of the defendants known as Kenechukwu has been met but the presiding magistrate has refrained from signing off his release.

Kenechukwu...you see your life! We warned our Igbo brothers to stay off this protest and allow yorubas to bark as usual but you went to involve yourself!

Ngwánu...akwá òsüle?
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by gawu1: 12:07am On Aug 07, 2019
shegra58:
This was done during Jonathan era and organised by APC leaders including nobody was arrested

democracy has gone in Nigeria the day Jonathan leave Aso Villa
God will punish you for this your senseless post if don't repent in time. Do you know how many Nigerians that lost their lives to the government agents bullets during that episode? I for one lost two brothers who were shot indiscriminately by the police. What then do you mean by "including nobody was arrested"? You can eulogise him till thy kingdom come, Jonathan will remain a murderer to some Nigerians just like some of you are calling Buhari a murderer today.

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Olorunnim: 12:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Opedad:
Animal farm
You'll live long people that read would know this.
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by BigBashiru: 12:19am On Aug 07, 2019
Jayslicky:
Nigeria oh Nigeria when shall ye be free from the shackles of injustice and corrupt government. We have never had this bad, nothing is right anymore in the country, we are living up to the expectation of been a shithole country, a country where freedom of expression is forbidden.

Wherever black Africans are the majority the result is shitholes. From Chicago to African countries. Fix your shit holes and get respect on the global scene....
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by CaptBabosa: 12:28am On Aug 07, 2019
The truth is for this revolution to be successful it needs every hand on deck. Every ethnic group should be part of this struggle as it affects all of us. I know many people crucified Ipob when they protested for freedom from bad government especially non igbos. But am glad people are waking up to see Nigeria is in a mess. If I am Ipob I will join this revolution and rescue Nigeria first then we discuss with sowore terms of succession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 12:32am On Aug 07, 2019
celebgistz:
The Chief Registrar of Lagos State has instructed the magistrate handling the case of RevolutionNow protesters not to approve their release.

According to SaharaReporters, the protesters were arraigned before Mrs. Komolafe of the Ebute Metta Magistrate Court. The police charged the protesters on a two-count charge bothering on unlawful gathering and breach of public peace.

The protesters pleaded not guilty and were granted bail in sum of N100,000 with two sureties each. But the magistrate has been instructed not to sign the bail conditions. The bail conditions of one of the defendants known as Kenechukwu has been met but the presiding magistrate has refrained from signing off his release.

The protesters would now be transferred to Kirikiri Prison for the time being.
The police clamped down on peaceful protesters calling for good governance across the country on Monday, August 5th.

The march was triggered by the arrest of Omoyele Sowore, a human rights activist and convener of RevolutionNow movement by operatives of the Department of State Services on Saturday, August 3rd.

Source:http://saharareporters.com/2019/08/06/revolutionnow-chief-registrar-orders-magistrate-not-release-protesters

It is simple.
Magistrates are Judicial officers and they are also bound by the law.
The allegations are bailable and bail has been set.

Once bail Conditions has been met, it is illegal for any Registrar to instruct or for a Judge to refuse to sign the bail papers.
They should petition the NJC and the Magistrate should be sanctioned with a DISMISSAL.

This sort of Judicial rascality is why the Executive Arm can treat Judicial officers like scum, because "some" of them are actualy worse scu, than the offenders they jail

No one is above the law, not even a Magistrate or a Registrar
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Automatic3444(m): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2019
crafteck:
Nigerians don de reach elastic limit

U make my night grin
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2019
baddosky1:

Kenechukwu...you see your life! We warned our Igbo brothers to stay off this protest and allow yorubas to bark as usual but you went to involve yourself!

Ngwánu...akwá òsüle?

Shut your bloody mouth!
Is it only "Igbo blodder" that was arrested or refused bail release?
Fools like you are the ones who give Igbo a bad name.
The APC spokeman in Lagos, Joe Igbokwe, is an igbo man and knows that down there in Yorubaland, he is at home more than even in the East.
If still in doubt, go and ask him how he became the DG of the Lagos Port Authority.

Those Igbos who are smart enough to shun "Hatred and Anger" and sieve bigotry from their blood, are having the best of life in Yorubaland.
but stupid ones like you are still drowning in your Anger and Hatred, to your own detriment.

Tomorrow now, if this kenechukwu is made a Commissioner on Lagos or a Federal Minister, runts like you will be green with envy
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by baddosky1: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2019
Daboomb:

Shut your bloody mouth!
Is it only "Igbo blodder" that was arrested or refused bail release?
Fools like you are the ones who give Igbo a bad name.
The APC spokeman in Lagos, Joe Igbokwe, is an igbo man and knows that down there in Yorubaland, he is at home more than even in the East.
If still in doubt, go and ask him how he became the DG of the Lagos Port Authority.

Those Igbos who are smart enough to shun "Hatred and Anger" and sieve bigotry from their blood, are having the best of life in Yorubaland.
but stupid ones like you are still drowning in your Anger and Hatred, to your own detriment.

Tomorrow now, if this kenechukwu is made a Commissioner on Lagos or a Federal Minister, runts like you will be green with envy

Joe Igbokwe has been declared as a persona non grata even by his kinsmen! We have donated him to you yorubas for keeps because of his anti-Igbo stance and bigotry against his own people!

And show me where an Igbo man has ever been made a commissioner in Lagos before or forever shut the f*ck up!
Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2019
beardedboy:

I don't like the country as it is. But my orientation is a bottom up approach.

Everyone should rectify himself first.

We can't have a good leader because there's almost no good person amongst us. Our leaders are only a mirror of who we are. Are all those politicians not citizens like you and I?

Everyone in this country is corrupt and sinister except a few. It's only the opportunity and access people have to public funds that varies. So everyone is stealing according to the amount he has access to.

Lazy People always look for an EXCUSE to not do anything!
or at best, put up demands they know are iumpossibe to meet.

Its like some thieves in PDP saying until you arrest all other thieves in APC, the PDP thieves should be left alone?
How on earth can you arrest ALL OTHER THIEVES? Even America has not arrested all other thieves in their country. grin grin

And you come finish us with grammar a.k.a "Bottom Down Approach"! shocked shocked
You know that EVERYONE in Nigeria can never sit up, sowhy use that as a "condition"?

Thing is, if Nigerians want a better country, then they should be ready to MAKE SACRIFICES (jail, harrassment by dictators like Buhari, Protests, teargas, police brutality, w.t.c).

Nothing good comes EASY!

Americans paid their price but got there freedom.
Europeans made sacrifices to be where they are today (and are even still making it by way of protests till today).
Hong Kong is currently doing its own
Sudanese paid with their life to get Al Bashir out of being a life president
Ugandans, Rhuwandans, Black South Africans, e.t.c all made sacrifices.

So, anytine you see a despotic Govt in Nigeria, like that of Buhari, locking up people for mere carrying of Protst Placards, you should be happy because it signifies that the day of deliverance of Nigerians is very much at hand.

SACRIFICE = DELIVERANCE.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Rubbiish(m): 12:56am On Aug 07, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Nigerians should not be distracted by all these shenanigans....
Hold your leaders to account.
Politicians are the reality stars themselves....
They keep acting undecided
Shut up pls undecided

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by mike1994reds: 12:57am On Aug 07, 2019
beardedboy:

Oga blogger, Sowore didn't say he was organizing a protest. He said he was organizing a revolution. There's nothing like a peaceful revolution.
Mumu, like the revolution APC called for during Jonathan's regime, Abi? When they ask you to go to school, you will not hear, now see the spirit of ignorance wey don marry you now sad

3 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 1:02am On Aug 07, 2019
baddosky1:

Joe Igbokwe has been declared as a persona non grata even by his kinsmen! We have donated him to you yorubas for keeps because of his anti-Igbo stance and bigotry against his own people!

And show me where an Igbo man has ever been made a commissioner in Lagos before or forever shut the f*ck up!

YOu are the fool here!
Yiu cant deny Igbokwe his heritage just because he has refused to be a tribal bigot like yourself. undecided
Even you like, declare him grata grata five times, you are a NOBODY and he is SOMEBODY. grin grin
If by today, you dont know that lagos State has had an Igbo person as Commissioner, then you are a true dumbfcuck who cant use Google but l know a dudderhead like you cant even use Google grin grin

Ever heard of the name Ben Akabueze, as lagos Sate Commissioner for Budget and Planning Before?
Google is your friend, child of anger and Hatred.

Only a roach like you can say you donate one of your best to another tribe just because he does not toe your ignorant and bigotted mindset.
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by zizi4real: 1:03am On Aug 07, 2019
post=81013557:
His paddy that is supposed to take over the revolution has stylishly run for cover.
Or what could have been so pressing than revolution?!
cheesy wink grin
Lol � you want make them return am to Kano inn Kaduna prison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 1:11am On Aug 07, 2019
mike1994reds:

Mumu, like the revolution APC called for during Jonathan's regime, Abi? When they ask you to go to school, you will not hear, now see the spirit of ignorance wey don marry you now sad

These dumbphucks dont know that the word "REVOLUTION" can be used generically to signify an event that is RADICAL in nature!
Was travel by air not a REVOLUTION in the transport industry, when it started or did it kill anybody?
Was the use of cannabis sativa to treat Epilepsy not a REVOLUTION in medicine?
Was the use of Stem Cells in cancer treatment not a REVOLUTION in Medicine?
Was the invention of the nuclear bomb not Revolutionize warfare in Hiroshima and nagasaki?

REVOLUTION, a generic term is used to describe any event that RADICALLY changes the way things are done.
Buhari is just jiterry (he has been overthrown once before grin ) when he heard the word "revolution", no one can overthrow his Govt with mere protest or was Sowore and his placard carrying members carrying guns?

The people involved in violent overthrow of his Govt are the ISWAPs, boko haram and the terrorist Fulani Herdsmen he imported from all over West Africa and Libya.
If Buhari wants to become a Dictator, he should be reminded even Abacha and IBB that were a hundred times smarter and agile than him, both got CONQUERED by Nigerians.

Let him release all those boys for his own good and just Negodu.

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow: Chief Registrar Orders Magistrate Not To Release Protesters by Daboomb: 1:16am On Aug 07, 2019
luluman:
How many mouth do you have please? Where did you read anywhere that yeebos championed protest? Must yeebos always foolishly claim every credit ? from building another man land, to developing business in Nigeria & now championing Sowore's protest when you already said its Yoruba's protest. Una no get small shame?

Like Seven Mouths naah... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Warns Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, APC In New Prophecy / Akeredolu: No Obedients In Ondo / Cold War In APC Over Parallel Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.