Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) (25409 Views)

Dilapidated Structure: Edo School Children Kneel To Beg Obaseki For Help (video) / The Dilapidated State Of Twins Nursery And Primary School,mushin / National Library Building To Be Completed At 50 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by GistAlert: 7:40am On Aug 07, 2019
A Nigerian man took to Facebook to lament over the dilapidated state of the National Library which he said left him confused upon getting there.

The Facebook user alleged that the Central Area Abuja is the most expensive district in FCT but the National Library Headquarters is arguably the worst building in the area.

Ozii Baba Anieto also said the building looked like the Onitsha Police Barracks of the 80s as its frontage is occupied by food vendors cooking right inside the building.

He wrote;

When the taxi stopped me in front of the structure, I refused to pay him. This could not be my destination. I plainly told him I was going to the National Headquarters.

The taxi driver was not in the mood to fight back, he could tell that I was defeated by the sight that saluted me.

'This is the only National Library I know in central Area,' he confusedly said. 'Call the person you want to meet let's confirm if there is another.'

'That's the problem with you. If you don't know a location, you should simply say you don't know. This stress you are putting me through is avoidable.'

'Oga, just call the person. I go take you to the right location. I think say na only this one be the National Library. Look up na, you will see National Library written boldly on top.'

I was confronted by his claim, that's when I decided to call.

'Ijee, please I don't know where this guy dropped me. It looks like Onitsha Police Barracks of 80s. Even the frontage is occupied by food vendors that are cooking right inside the building.'

'Yes. Thats the National Library. Come inside and wait for me at the reception.'

(Central Area Abuja is the most expensive district in FCT. The National Library Headquarters, arguably, is the worst building in that district)

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/nigerian-man-laments-over-the-dilapidated-state-of-the-national-library-photos

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by GistAlert: 7:42am On Aug 07, 2019

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Nbote(m): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2019
My broda even d nation is looking dilapidated with d way it's being run... Anyway there's a new headquarters under construction don't know about it's current state

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Davash222(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2019
HOw do you expect a herdsman to care about books

Someone who’s using 5 years to talk about cows only!!

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by IssaGist: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by omaigala(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2019
sad 99% of our politicians hate to do smart things.

As a matter of fact, almost all of them were and are cultists both in school and even now.

They have mentalities just like motor park touts.

The directors who have served in this place should be called back from retirement and burnt alive.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by bbn55356: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by mikkycoins(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
We lack maintenance culture in Nigeria
Even houses built during the 19th century in western nations are still in good shape.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by GodSaklek(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nah today?,go and check national stadium, this thing is in blood of every Nigeria,we don't know how to maintain things,that's y our country is getting dilapidated daily, we abandoned it and running to over seas,I don't know the meaning of their yearly budgets

9 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
The president don't know the value because he no go school so it doesn't really concern him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by SimSify(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Next..
Where is that meme on Local man cant, can grin grin

10 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Insideout20000: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
National what?
I can't even read there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by djevino(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
When the nation itself is dilapidated.. wah do u expect? Mtcheeeew

4 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by drips8(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Buhari and education are like 1 and 10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by nams77: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
This is so shameful. It looks like a brothel!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by bishop4life(m): 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Ozioma Anieto sef no dey change .

But wait oo... if panadol no dey aso clinic,how ordinary "The gods are not to blame" go dey this place?"

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by BlackfireX: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Be there forming Yankee, is that place not fine enough?

3 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Larryfest(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
omaigala:
sad 99% of our politicians hate doing smart things.

As a matter of fact, almost all of them were and are cultists both in school and even now.

The directors who have served in this place should be called back from retirement and burnt alive.
Lol....this your comment funny.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
omaigala:
sad 99% of our politicians hate doing smart things.

hahaha

Hahaha

Hahaha

Hahaha

Hahaha

I regret being a black Man.

It will never be well with our leaders

3 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Niggers don't read. They are allergic to knowledge seeking . Na so una want be giant of Africa. SMH

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by bigandbold: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigeria has been rated by the World Culture Score Index as one of the countries in the world with the lowest reading culture, while available statistics from National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult and Non-Formal Education shows that 38 per cent of Nigerians are non-literate as four in ten primary school children cannot read for comprehension. Regrettably, this adverse development is an ominous challenge the country seems not to be paying needed attention to. Imagine how bad the National Headquarters is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by OzziOhinoyi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin
Upwardly mobile and forward thinking nations of the world have as their core value the pursuit of knowledge, even the creme of antiquity share this notion save my country Nigeria where BGS go home with a paltry 10k (to buy shoes and start job hunting), educational facilities are decrepit and the 'National' Library is a national disgrace.

On the flip side, BBN participants; winner and all await mouth watering rewards and encomiums.

It is my prayers that either by dint of masterstroke or 'luckstroke' Nigeria eventually gets it right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by konkonbilo(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
You need a wedding photography discount, check my signature
Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by AmuRubber(m): 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
SimSify:
Next..
Where is that meme on Local man cant, can grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
CHARACTERISTICS of a BLACKMAN;
- dirty
- crafty
- greedy
- wasteful
- religious
- unkempt.
- tribalistic.
- impatient.
- aggressive
- destructive.
- wickedness
- complicated.
- shortsighted.
- loud mouthed.
- proud and empty.
For the TRUTH will always be bitter

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Nanop1: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
God please destroy this false union... What a disgrace

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by Back2Daura(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
You see why we need a revolution? All hands must be on deck regardless of tribe and religion to get those past leaders who ruined Nigeria. Buhari was the vehicle but he is not in charge.

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
lipsrsealed

A country without a reading culture what do you expect...a quick glance at the one in Aso rock gives credence to the state of the library.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by RockHard: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Chai
Re: The Dilapidated State Of The National Library Abuja (Photos) by foolbuster: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin when you are ruled by a cow rearer. With no proof of educational qualification.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister / RCCG Solid Rock Donates Modern School Building To Lagos Government (Photos) / UNIPORT's Best Student Of Pediatrics Receives Her N250 Prize Money After 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.