Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School (18664 Views)

Governor Makinde Joins NLC Protest In Oyo / Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland / Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Chiemezueajuzie: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Ok, let's see how this goes
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Naanlong01: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Good development
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Arewa12: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Eleyi gidi gan
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by REDshouse(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
Charge and bail lawyers with nofin to add nor remove..
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
White elephant project
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by safarigirl(f): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
froshhomie:
In as much as this is great

Don't you think it will cause others from departments like Med and surg... Engineering..Building tech to start protesting for their own... Or is their government prioritising law over others?
Someone should school me on that.
Law School fees alone is 296k, minus books and logistics. Do these other disciplines pay that much? Is it not just University they pay for?

Do you know Law Students go for Externship (IT) for months and are not entitiled to any pay? Do you know their medical counterparts are paid a minimum of 100k for internship? Abeg, they need it more.

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by eneyoduke(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
If an Engineer is in Government consider every aspects of Governance to be cover..........Engr Seyi Makinde my honourable Colleague.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by sagaciousblog: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2019
froshhomie:
In as much as this is great

Don't you think it will cause others from departments like Med and surg... Engineering..Building tech to start protesting for their own... Or is their government prioritising law over others?
Someone should school me on that.
the bursary didn't start this year, he is only clearing the backlog. So I don't think there is any cause for alarm. After all, there are many undergrad scholarships available to medical students that law students ain't eligible.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by uuzba(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2019
thesicilian:
Some people will still come here and complain about this.
embarassed
If you are just passing cash back and forth, without any work being done in exchange, it will slowly lose its value.
I wish they gave them guaranteed jobs in law firm
See what happened to Zimbabwe when they spent cash anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by zabuur: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2019
safarigirl:
Law School fees alone is 296k, minus books and logistics. Do these other disciplines pay that much? Is it not just University they pay for?

Do you know Law Students go for Externship (IT) for months and are not entitiled to any pay? Do you know their medical counterparts are paid a minimum of 100k for internship? Abeg, they need it more.

Ur argument seems somehow. Before u study any course, I believe u should have done ur assignments and be ready in all ways. I'm not in particular about any course but, this act has undermined every other course. What about educational courses, agricultural courses etc.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by BabaO2: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2019
thesicilian:
Some people will still come here and complain about this.
But for what justifications? There are other competing disciplines:Young Engineering graduates, medical doctors, sciences, educationists that need such money also, if you cannot give all equally do what will benefit all in terms of social amenities

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Thunder from above
tigerclaws:
i want to press your breast kiss
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by folake4u(f): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2019
safarigirl:
See better State Governor. He don pay their Law School feed finish, but my own useless governor is busy sharing kerosene upandan cry

Bia safarigirl, izzit only Oyo State that is paying?
Heard other states pay too but I'm not so sure.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by anyimontana(m): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2019
AngryNijerian:
I understand your esteem issues and why you always try to measure up to Abia State
nonsense, I'm from abia state,I can never be proud of that,not now,maybe in future...
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Bluntemperor: 11:21am On Aug 07, 2019
One of the worst thing Ambode did to Lagosians was disruption of legacy he met in Education.up till this moment,Bursary and Scholarship being enjoyed by thousands of Lagosians family has not been paid and some are Cut-Off or just halved.Ambode was too low to have tamped with smooth running system because of bitterness.But why?? too Shameful.Mr Sanwo-Olu,pls don't follow his pattern o.
You see what is happening in Oyo that this Govnr Makinde meant business-has demolished School-fees payment by parents on Secondary School,now urging Would be Lawyers to focus on what is before them through Monetary encouragement not by talking, talking.Welldone Sir our Governor.we are watching the Billionaires Governors performance sheet.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by anyimontana(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2019
safarigirl:
I never receive anything o
lol,they fixed the money for u guys...during my friends time,it was t.a orji daughter who was in law school with them that paid then from her personal account
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Jfkitchen123(m): 11:23am On Aug 07, 2019
marthaadaa:
This is a good news

Scam alert!!! Don’t deal!! I repeat scam alert don’t deal !!!
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by igwefivestar(m): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2019
marthaadaa:
This is a good news
how truth is this?
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by folake4u(f): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2019
Nice one. They really need it.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by theenchanter: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2019
HajiMT:
Why not free education for all Oyo State indigenes?
There's free education for ALL NIGERIAN irrespective of state... from primary to secondary.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by safarigirl(f): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2019
zabuur:

Ur argument seems somehow. Before u study any course, I believe u should have done ur assignments and be ready in all ways. I'm not in particular about any course but, this act has undermined every other course. What about educational courses, agricultural courses etc.

It has not undermined anything. Most States give their people funds. In my school, states like FCT had scholarships for their indigenes. So, it depends on your state.

Certain courses are given priorities, but then, before you go for a course, you should also be aware of the priority level. Some courses will naturally not get much support.

STEM courses have heavily benefitted from funding most recently in Nigeria. I am telling you Doctors doing internship are paid up to 100k, has anyone considered how Law students, who, on the average, spend the same amount for education or more, feel about this? No. Why are educationists not complaining about the money doctors make from IT? Why is it a one-off 500k for law students that is the issue? 500k that doctors will make in five months.

Educationists will spend four years in school, do NYSC and get jobs. It is not the same for law students. The input is different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by wink2015(m): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2019
Abuharib:
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Tuesday approved the sum of N500,000 each as bursary to the 120 Oyo State indigenes in the Nigerian Law School.

Makinde, who received an audience of the Law School students in his office, charged them to persevere in the face of ongoing economic challenges.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary(CPS) to the governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, quoted the governor as saying that he was approving the sum of N60 million to cater for the 2019/2020 backlog of Oyo state indigenes in the Nigerian Law School.

He stated that his decision was aimed at assisting the students to achieve greatness and encourage them.

It would be recalled that the last time Oyo State indigenes in the Law School received a bursary of N100, 000 was in 2012.

The governor told the student forum led by Mr. Olaniyi Ogunlade to ensure that they come back home to make contributions to the state after their studies.

He noted that the state has made an investment on the Law School students by the bursary award and would love them to make returns, urging them not to be carried away by the allure of Lagos and other cities.

Makinde stated that as soon as the ongoing rail project is completed, it would become easy to work in Lagos and live in Ibadan and vice versa.

He also charged the Law School students not to lose hope whatever the challenges they might be facing, adding that “life is not just for those who work hard but those who persevere.”

Ogunlade appreciated the governor, promising that he and his colleagues will come out with the best result in the history of Oyo State students in the Law School. He added that they would be proud to present the results to the governor.

He also made a promise that the beneficiaries of the bursary award would return to contribute their quota to the development of the state.

http://igberetvnews.com/879161/just-in-governor-makinde-approves-n500000-each-to-oyo-indigenes-at-law-school/

Good gesture but do not leave your Oyo state indebted.

As you have started collecting loans from bank to meet Oyo state infrastructural needs.
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by safarigirl(f): 11:28am On Aug 07, 2019
anyimontana:
lol,they fixed the money for u guys...during my friends time,it was t.a orji daughter who was in law school with them that paid then from her personal account
ha! That was then now. Ikpeazu sense no reach like that, shishi we never see

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by safarigirl(f): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2019
folake4u:

Bia safarigirl, izzit only Oyo State that is paying?
Heard other states pay too but I'm not so sure.
it depends on your state.

Some states like Oyo and I think Kwara, amongst others are paying, albeit different amounts. Then states like Abia, we no dey hear anything

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Attempt: 11:35am On Aug 07, 2019
That's the real Mr. Governor
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by folake4u(f): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2019
safarigirl:
it depends on your state.

Some states like Oyo and I think Kwara, amongst others are paying, albeit different amounts. Then states like Abia, we no dey hear anything

Oh I see! shocked.

Thank you.

Lol, maybe they'd pay you guys. East suppose pay na undecided
Re: Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School by Kapeter(m): 11:37am On Aug 07, 2019
HajiMT:
Why not free education for all Oyo State indigenes?
education is free for them from primary to sec in all govt own schools while indigenes pay lesser fees in oyo state owned tetiary institution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Okorie Uzoma Okowa Is Dead! Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's Father Dies / Charles Soludo Hits Ground Running / PDP Lagos Guber Candidate Jimi Agbaje Makes Serious Allegations Against LASAA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.