Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Former Man. United And Atletico Madrid Striker Diego Forlan Retires From Footbal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Man. United And Atletico Madrid Striker Diego Forlan Retires From Footbal (461 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Retires From Football On His 35th Birthday / Chelsea FC Include "Want Away Striker" Diego Costa In EPL Squad For 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Man. United And Atletico Madrid Striker Diego Forlan Retires From Footbal by henrynwafor(m): 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
Former Manchester United striker, Diego Forlan has announced his retirement from football after 21 years as a professional.

The former Uruguayan professional footballer, 40, who also played for Villarreal, Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan, revealed his decision on Twitter.

Diego Forlan, who last played for Kitchee in Hong Kong in 2018 wrote: 'After 21 years I made the decision to end my career as a professional footballer.

'A beautiful stage closes full of great memories and emotions but another of new challenges will begin. Thanks to all who in one way or another accompanied me on this path!'

Forlan's former Uruguay team-mate Luis Suarez posted a tribute to him on social media.

"Historic for Uruguayan football. Grateful for all the unforgettable moments you made all Uruguayans live, both in the national team and in all the teams you played," said the Barcelona forward.

"I will always be grateful for what you taught me, both on and off the field. A dream to have played with one of my idols. You will always be a legend in Uruguay."

Forlan, scored 36 goals in 112 games for Uruguay, helping them to the Copa America title in 2011. He won the Premier League in 2003 with United and the Europa League while at Spanish side Atletico in 2009.

Re: Former Man. United And Atletico Madrid Striker Diego Forlan Retires From Footbal by YoungB1a(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Former Man. United And Atletico Madrid Striker Diego Forlan Retires From Footbal by IamCeazer(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2019
Diego Forlan d freekick Guru... Ghanians can testify!!

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Escapes Ban For Breaching Fifa Transfer Rules / 15-year-old Coco Gauff Wins, Advances To US Open Showdown With Osaka / Scores Between Nigeria Female And Algeria Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.